Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

GOAT  edberg  davis  

Latest topics
» The End od Internet Neutrality?
Today at 6:31 pm by Tenez

» Federer taps in BBC award
Today at 6:29 pm by bogbrush

» I Have A Question
Today at 6:12 pm by noleisthebest

» The doping program joke of the ITF!!!
Today at 5:47 pm by Tenez

» This Is What A Feminist Looks Like
Yesterday at 7:22 am by bogbrush

» The Ultimate GOAT List
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:17 pm by Tenez

» The Best Shot Of The Year!
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:59 pm by noleisthebest

» Djoko takes Stepanek on
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:53 pm by noleisthebest

» Nadal whines over surface match ups with Federer in 2017
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:44 pm by noleisthebest

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Sharapova announces failed drug test

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by DECIMA on Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:17 pm

Tenez wrote:
DONALD TRUMP wrote:
Tenez wrote:I don't like her either.....but actually a bit more now than before this story for some reasons.

Principled Tenez !
Hates all people he thinks are doping apart from the ones who aren't beating his hero !
Typical Trump non-sense: Did Sharapova beat Federer?

No I meant you were being a bit soft of Sharapova, 'actually a bit more now than before for some reasons'

DECIMA

Posts : 4548
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by luvsports! on Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:52 pm

Tenez wrote:
luvsports! wrote:My mate is off to interview Sharapova's dad!

It should be you doing the interviews. I have a friend who used to work at Eurosport....he had plenty of great interviews,....helps to have a brand like Eurosport to back you up though.

Haha cheers T but I haven't earnt it. I am at a little paper in Wiltshire. I pitch as much stuff as I can but he is premier league, I am non league.

luvsports!

Posts : 4090
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:53 pm

it will come!

Tenez

Posts : 17437
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by luvsports! on Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:06 pm

Cheers buddy smiley 
It is very exciting when a little fish like me gets a big bite. Nothing in life worth having comes easy! 
Gather ye rosebuds while ye may! The powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse... what will your verse be? CARPE DIEM!

luvsports!

Posts : 4090
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:06 am

Autumnleaf wrote:
Tenez wrote:Do you really think Russian atheletes are the ones doping? (...)

Our press seemed also too happy about it.
Russia clearly has/had a state protected/ sponsored doping system which was exposed. (Sharapova wasn't part of that though) The fact can't be excused by pointing fingers at other wrong-doers. Nope, they are not the only ones, they are not even the only ones caught using the Latvian drug. They might be less refined which I think is likely, although... I'm always surprised just how basic the drugs used by caught athletes are. The caught athletes might also have less clout economically.

Valuable athletes that bring money to their sport will probably be protected more from their federations. Lately I am incredibly suspicious of the Norwegians. Their sweep of x-country skiing is a joke and the margin of their wins even more so. For some reason they are immune to suspicions. It's not extended to Western Europeans in general though, as e.g. an Austrian skier with outstanding results in the Tour de Ski was busted for EPO right before the Sochi Olympic games. So I conclude that Norwegians might have special protection due to the status of the sport in their country and the money they bring in accordingly.

Lance Armstrong is another example for having special protection from the UCI because he brought in an American audience/sponsors. The same is true for Chris Froome wrt the British market. It's a classical conflict of interest, why catch someone and harm the reputation of the sport?

The Sharapova case is truly special. Is this the most high profile case in global sports ever? It might very well be. Maybe they tried to strike a deal with her, but they couldn't agree on terms? Her allegations wrt "players citing injuries" instead of taking the fall points to that. Why would ITF/WTA bring down a player that is a rich source of money for them? Certainly not simply because she has a Russian passport, when she is an American darling at the same time.

The press will always be happy about any high profile doping cases as it brings a lot of attention and scandal. They make a living out of that. That's also why the Sharapova wasn't getting much attention around here - a foreign doper in what is a fringe sport - story doesn't sell.

That makes the top news everywhere today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/35952566

And I am sure this is only the tip of the iceberg. Cause There are many doctors like him. One attracted suspicion, others have not...yet.

Bit it's funny how they picked Russia....the villain for everything nowadays. I am even surprised the media let such a story out.


Tenez

Posts : 17437
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Thu May 19, 2016 4:23 pm

So the head of the Russian tennis federation says it's very doubtful that Maria may play again
He called her situation "very bad"
I'm just wondering if this is because he is " in the know" otherwise what qualifies him to make such statements?


http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/36331448

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Daniel on Thu May 19, 2016 7:27 pm

I wouldn't bet on that.  I learned from snooker that the governing body will do all it can to protect its big stars.  John Higgins got a 6 month suspension over the dead part of the season - and he was caught on camera ready to do a deal to fix matches.

Daniel

Posts : 3138
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Thu May 19, 2016 8:27 pm

That was the worse case of fixing. It's a disgrace that Higgins got away with it when Lee got life ban with less proof.

Tenez

Posts : 17437
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:25 pm

shriekapova banned for 2 years!! good to see they are making an example of her 
shes lucky she didnt get a 4 year ban but her career is pretty much over
i cant see how she will be able to over turn this via an appeal 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/36482288


Last edited by Veejay on Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:27 pm

An example to who?

noleisthebest

Posts : 25148
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:18 pm

reading up on the reaction to her failed drugs test and all the sympathy she was getting,it seems like she was going to get away with just a slap on the wrist few months ban
its good to see for a change that gross negligence or claiming to be ignorant is no excuse 
hopefully this will be the end of silent suspensions 

from THASP:

http://www.itftennis.com/media/231178/231178.pdf

17. The evidence from Dr. Skalny is that having conducted a detailed examination, considered the family medical history, which included type II diabetes and heart disorder, he caused a number of specialist consultations and analyses to be carried out which indicated, inter alia, elevated glucose and cholesterol levels and mineral imbalances [...] He proposed a detailed medicinal and nutritional regime which at the outset comprised about 18 medications and supplements.


25. […] By that time [2010] the list of substances recommended by Dr. Skalny had grown from 18 to 30(!), including Magnerot, Riboxin and Mildronate. The certificate makes clear that all such substances should be purchased from authorised distributors.


She was just pumped full of drugs (legal & illegal)

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:59 pm

this 2 year ban adds more suspicion to henin who "retired" for 2 years a few weeks before RG where she was hot favourite to win the title 


more from THASP:

She hid the fact that she was taking Mildronate from her team and current medical practitioners. Also, never disclosed on her documents that she was taking it. And if that isn't damning enough, tribunal says, "Whatever the position may have been in 2006, there was in 2016 no diagnosis and no therapeutic advice supporting the continuing use of Mildronate.... The manner of its use, on match days and when undertaking intensive training, is only consistent with an intention to boost her energy levels."

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:34 pm

A comment from tennis.com:

"Nike is lifting the ban on their suspension of her contract  because according to them she did not intentionally dope.  Do you think Nike has the power to influence the Court of Arbitration for Sports decision.  They seem to think she will be back playing soon.  Then again I should not be surprise about Nike it is the same company that gave Justin Gatlin a contract."




The naivity of people is well...certainly not surprising.
Actually, naivety is not the right word.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25148
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:27 pm

I had a discussion with our Serbian woman in our club, Very nice lady ...but she was pitiless for Sharapova saying she shoudl be banned for life as she was a doper.....

I did not want to destroy her myth about Djokovic and tennis in general so I smiled and said ...sure....and I thought to myself.....a lovely but ignorant woman...just another one!

Tenez

Posts : 17437
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:01 am

[list=bc_0_197TC]
[*]
Lindsay Davenport: "To me, her declaration forms would be huge in her innocence and intent. As a former player who has filled out those forms many times, it clearly asks for everything that you put in your body, from Advil to vitamins to birth control to you name it. The fact that she never once wrote it down even though she tested positive multiple times in 2015 and twice in 2016 is very incriminating to me

[/list]

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:54 am

Veejay wrote:[list=bc_0_197TC]
[*]
Lindsay Davenport: "To me, her declaration forms would be huge in her innocence and intent. As a former player who has filled out those forms many times, it clearly asks for everything that you put in your body, from Advil to vitamins to birth control to you name it. The fact that she never once wrote it down even though she tested positive multiple times in 2015 and twice in 2016 is very incriminating to me
[/list]

I do not doubt that the intent was there. But it was legal up to then. So her fault was not cheating but admin.

It's exactly like PRP but reverse. PRP was illegal but used......and then to help some top players they make it legal. .....so suddenly you are legally authorised to dope.

Tenez

Posts : 17437
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:02 am

..and what about the egg chamber (or the oxygen reduced tent)? Isn't that a pure admission of epo doping legally? Just because it doesn't make the list doesn't mean it's not a performance enhancer and they all do it.

So Charapova simply woudl have never taken the risk to take it in 2016 had she been aware it was off the list. Her fault but not nearly as bad as what's going on behiand curtains in sport nowadays.

Tenez

Posts : 17437
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:15 am

Original Text:
The Fables of La Fontaine, trans. Elizur Wright, Jr. (London: William Smith, 1842): 39-40. Internet Archive


1 The sorest ill that Heaven hath
2 Sent on this lower world in wrath,--
3 The plague (to call it by its name,)
4 One single day of which
5 Would Pluto's ferryman enrich,--
6 Waged war on beasts, both wild and tame.
7 They died not all, but all were sick:
8 No hunting now, by force or trick,
9 To save what might so soon expire.
10 No food excited their desire;
11 Nor wolf nor fox now watch'd to slay
12 The innocent and tender prey.
13 The turtles fled;
14 So love and therefore joy were dead.
15 The lion council held, and said:
16 My friends, I do believe
17 This awful scourge, for which we grieve,
18 Is for our sins a punishment
19 Most righteously by Heaven sent.
20 Let us our guiltiest beast resign,
21 A sacrifice to wrath divine.
22 Perhaps this offering, truly small,
23 May gain the life and health of all.
24 By history we find it noted
25 That lives have been just so devoted.
26 Then let us all turn eyes within,
27 And ferret out the hidden sin.
28 Himself let no one spare nor flatter,
29 But make clean conscience in the matter.
30For me, my appetite has play'd the glutton
31 Too much and often upon mutton.
32 What harm had e'er my victims done?
33 I answer, truly, None.
34 Perhaps, sometimes, by hunger press'd,
35 We eat the shepherd with the rest.
36 I yield myself, if need there be;
37 And yet I think, in equity,
38Each should confess his sins with me;
39 For laws of right and justice cry,
40 The guiltiest alone should die.
41 Sire, said the fox, your majesty
42 Is humbler than a king should be,
43 And over-squeamish in the case.
44 What! eating stupid sheep a crime?
45 No, never, sire, at any time.
46It rather was an act of grace,
47A mark of honour to their race.
48And as to shepherds, one may swear,
49 The fate your majesty describes,
50Is recompense less full than fair
51 For such usurpers o'er our tribes.
52 Thus Renard glibly spoke,
53And loud applause from flatterers broke.
54Of neither tiger, boar, nor bear,
55Did any keen inquirer dare
56To ask for crimes of high degree;
57 The fighters, biters, scratchers, all
58From every mortal sin were free;
59 The very dogs, both great and small,
60Were saints, as far as dogs could be.
61 The ass, confessing in his turn,
62Thus spoke in tones of deep concern:--
63I happen'd through a mead to pass;
64The monks, its owners, were at mass;
65Keen hunger, leisure, tender grass,
66 And add to these the devil too,
67 All tempted me the deed to do.
68I browsed the bigness of my tongue;
69Since truth must out, I own it wrong.
70On this, a hue and cry arose,
71As if the beasts were all his foes:
72A wolf, haranguing lawyer-wise,
73Denounced the ass for sacrifice--
74The bald-pate, scabby, ragged lout,
75By whom the plague had come, no doubt.
76His fault was judged a hanging crime.
77 What? eat another's grass? O shame!
78The noose of rope and death sublime,
79 For that offence, were all too tame!
80 And soon poor Grizzle felt the same.
81Thus human courts acquit the strong,
82And doom the weak, as therefore wrong.

Tenez

Posts : 17437
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:43 am

Tenez wrote:I had a discussion with our Serbian woman in our club, Very nice lady ...but she was pitiless for Sharapova saying she shoudl be banned for life as she was a doper.....

I did not want to destroy her myth about Djokovic and tennis in general so I smiled and said ...sure....and I thought to myself.....a lovely but ignorant woman...just another one!

I would be surprised if anyone in your club thinks differently.


noleisthebest

Posts : 25148
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:23 am

Tenez wrote:Original Text:
The Fables of La Fontaine, trans. Elizur Wright, Jr. (London: William Smith, 1842): 39-40. Internet Archive


1 The sorest ill that Heaven hath
2    Sent on this lower world in wrath,--
3    The plague (to call it by its name,)
4            One single day of which
5        Would Pluto's ferryman enrich,--
6    Waged war on beasts, both wild and tame.
7    They died not all, but all were sick:
8    No hunting now, by force or trick,
9    To save what might so soon expire.
10    No food excited their desire;
11    Nor wolf nor fox now watch'd to slay
12    The innocent and tender prey.
13                The turtles fled;
14    So love and therefore joy were dead.
15    The lion council held, and said:
16    My friends, I do believe
17    This awful scourge, for which we grieve,
18    Is for our sins a punishment
19    Most righteously by Heaven sent.
20    Let us our guiltiest beast resign,
21    A sacrifice to wrath divine.
22    Perhaps this offering, truly small,
23    May gain the life and health of all.
24    By history we find it noted
25    That lives have been just so devoted.
26    Then let us all turn eyes within,
27    And ferret out the hidden sin.
28    Himself let no one spare nor flatter,
29    But make clean conscience in the matter.
30For me, my appetite has play'd the glutton
31    Too much and often upon mutton.
32    What harm had e'er my victims done?
33        I answer, truly, None.
34    Perhaps, sometimes, by hunger press'd,
35    We eat the shepherd with the rest.
36    I yield myself, if need there be;
37    And yet I think, in equity,
38Each should confess his sins with me;
39    For laws of right and justice cry,
40    The guiltiest alone should die.
41        Sire, said the fox, your majesty
42    Is humbler than a king should be,
43    And over-squeamish in the case.
44    What! eating stupid sheep a crime?
45    No, never, sire, at any time.
46It rather was an act of grace,
47A mark of honour to their race.
48And as to shepherds, one may swear,
49    The fate your majesty describes,
50Is recompense less full than fair
51    For such usurpers o'er our tribes.
52    Thus Renard glibly spoke,
53And loud applause from flatterers broke.
54Of neither tiger, boar, nor bear,
55Did any keen inquirer dare
56To ask for crimes of high degree;
57    The fighters, biters, scratchers, all
58From every mortal sin were free;
59    The very dogs, both great and small,
60Were saints, as far as dogs could be.
61    The ass, confessing in his turn,
62Thus spoke in tones of deep concern:--
63I happen'd through a mead to pass;
64The monks, its owners, were at mass;
65Keen hunger, leisure, tender grass,
66    And add to these the devil too,
67    All tempted me the deed to do.
68I browsed the bigness of my tongue;
69Since truth must out, I own it wrong.
70On this, a hue and cry arose,
71As if the beasts were all his foes:
72A wolf, haranguing lawyer-wise,
73Denounced the ass for sacrifice--
74The bald-pate, scabby, ragged lout,
75By whom the plague had come, no doubt.
76His fault was judged a hanging crime.
77    What? eat another's grass? O shame!
78The noose of rope and death sublime,
79    For that offence, were all too tame!
80    And soon poor Grizzle felt the same.
81Thus human courts acquit the strong,
82And doom the weak, as therefore wrong.

https://www.wordproject.org/bibles/fr/45/3.htm#0

verses 9-31

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+3&version=KJV



noleisthebest

Posts : 25148
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:33 pm

sharapovas prescription for meldonium expired in 2013...i wonder where she was getting it from..it all sounds really dodgy especially considering that very few people in her team were even aware of this 
its also come to light that she was taking at least 30 types of different pills 
this is pretty shocking considering that she's never been one of the prime suspects
you only have to wonder how doped up the more suspicious players are!!

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Daniel on Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:16 pm

She's guilty Tenez and she's been banned 2 years. Accept it.

Daniel

Posts : 3138
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:41 am

FedererKing wrote:She's guilty Tenez and she's been banned 2 years.  Accept it.
Nope. I don't accept it. I don;t have to.

Tenez

Posts : 17437
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:58 am

Veejay wrote:sharapovas prescription for meldonium expired in 2013...i wonder where she was getting it from..it all sounds really dodgy especially considering that very few people in her team were even aware of this 
its also come to light that she was taking at least 30 types of different pills 
this is pretty shocking considering that she's never been one of the prime suspects
you only have to wonder how doped up the more suspicious players are!!

Everyone is doped now.

I realised that when I spoke to a young woman at an airport a few years ago.

She was a Bosnian flying to Sandhurst Military Academy, hoping to get into UK football on the side.

She said if you wanted to get anywhere - you needed to be able to run for ever.

Those were words from a 20 year old woman FOOTBALL PLAYER!!! competing in a z - league where they make £200 a week.

Doping has become a compulsory requirement in professional sport.
Modern athletes are a different race from us amateurs.

They are playing sport for the money and the nature of competition has always been to get the edge over the opponent.


Take 100m sprinters...surely, there is a limit beyond which a man cannot run faster - clean.

But TV wants records broken...there is money on offer...how do you get those legs faster: they are either longer (Bolt), you whole body is stronger (bigger muscles ro propel it through the air), maybe some drugs to sharpen mind at the very beginning...

Money is trying to carve out milli seconds now.

And it's been going like this for 30-40 years...

I don't know whether I am naive thinking there is not much room left for "improvement".

It's interesting to see if Mankind hits the brick wall. And what happens after that.

Maybe it has already happened and media are trying to spice up dead race with all these "scandals"...

noleisthebest

Posts : 25148
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Daniel on Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:03 am

Tenez wrote:
FedererKing wrote:She's guilty Tenez and she's been banned 2 years.  Accept it.
Nope. I don't accept it. I don;t have to.

You do, really.  Everyone else has.  She's been sentenced and that's all there is to it.  So live in denial all you like, but she's banned. That's a fact you cannot escape from - no matter how many times you plug your ears.

Daniel

Posts : 3138
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:14 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Veejay wrote:sharapovas prescription for meldonium expired in 2013...i wonder where she was getting it from..it all sounds really dodgy especially considering that very few people in her team were even aware of this 
its also come to light that she was taking at least 30 types of different pills 
this is pretty shocking considering that she's never been one of the prime suspects
you only have to wonder how doped up the more suspicious players are!!

Everyone is doped now.

I realised that when I spoke to a young woman at an airport a few years ago.

She was a Bosnian flying to Sandhurst Military Academy, hoping to get into UK football on the side.

She said if you wanted to get anywhere - you needed to be able to run for ever.

Those were words from a 20 year old woman FOOTBALL PLAYER!!! competing in a z - league where they make £200 a week.

Doping has become a compulsory requirement in professional sport.
Modern athletes are a different race from us amateurs.

They are playing sport for the money and the nature of competition has always been to get the edge over the opponent.


Take 100m sprinters...surely, there is a limit beyond which a man cannot run faster - clean.

But TV wants records broken...there is money on offer...how do you get those legs faster: they are either longer (Bolt), you whole body is stronger (bigger muscles ro propel it through the air), maybe some drugs to sharpen mind at the very beginning...

Money is trying to carve out milli seconds now.

And it's been going like this for 30-40 years...

I don't know whether I am naive thinking there is not much room left for "improvement".

It's interesting to see if Mankind hits the brick wall. And what happens after that.

Maybe it has already happened and media are trying to spice up dead race with all these "scandals"...

just because every pro athlete is or may be doping doesnt automatically make it right
lets not make excuses for cheating 
there is a reason why some drugs are legal and some drugs are illegal 
its isnt an even playing field when some athletes are using prohibited substances to get an unfair advantage

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:57 pm

Veejay wrote:
just because every pro athlete is or may be doping doesnt automatically make it right
lets not make excuses for cheating 
there is a reason why some drugs are legal and some drugs are illegal 
its isnt an even playing field when some athletes are using prohibited substances to get an unfair advantage

Hehe, you really dislike Sharapova!
And I thought only jealous women did. Winking

Tbh...maybe legalising doping and ending this circus is not such a bad idea.

I am aware that's never going to happen, though...

For example, regarding Sharapova, Federer said he is for zero tolerance:

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2016/06/federer-calls-zero-tolerance-following-news-sharapovas-two-year-ban/58937/#.V1slu5B4WrU

Keep blood samples for 15-20 years, he said...keep the cheats in fear...

And last year I would have thought, yes, that's the way to get them...but I have realised none of them are scared or will ever be scared.

(Murray's famous line: "Bye bye Wayne (Odesnik) Good riddance!"

What was all that about?

It's almost like these super rich pros who can afford best "stuff" loathe when the "stupid" lower ranked ones get caught and ruin the sport's image...
Is zero tolerance for them?)

Certainly not Nadal, Murray and Federer if they ever get caught. Not even Djokovic maybe, though after Sharapova's case, ai am not to sure about him having the same protection as the Western athletes.

I assume you have seen that great documentary The Race That Shocked The World, where Ben Johnson was "caught" and stripped of his medal.

It turned out all bar one  in that race tested positive, so "they" have all those samples, and they have had them for the last 30 years...and what have they done with them?

What are they hoing to do with 200 blood bags in Fuentes case?

Did Agassi return any of his meth trophies?


It's a dirty political game now. It has always been.

Is there a solution?

noleisthebest

Posts : 25148
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:32 am

noleisthebest wrote:

Is there a solution?

For me it is simple. The solution is my analog eye. It tells me that Step is a better tennis player than Murray and that Stan is a far better player than Djoko.

Results are simply rigged nowadays.

Tenez

Posts : 17437
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by noleisthebest on Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:11 am

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Is there a solution?

For me it is simple. The solution is my analog eye. It tells me that Step is a better tennis player than Murray and that Stan is a far better player than Djoko.

Results are simply rigged nowadays.

Good one!
The eye that sees beyond make-up and spin of every kind.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25148
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by noleisthebest on Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:28 am

....and in addition to the analogue eye, an analogue heart.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nevavu/status/739757635776458752/photo/1

noleisthebest

Posts : 25148
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:28 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Veejay wrote:
just because every pro athlete is or may be doping doesnt automatically make it right
lets not make excuses for cheating 
there is a reason why some drugs are legal and some drugs are illegal 
its isnt an even playing field when some athletes are using prohibited substances to get an unfair advantage

Hehe, you really dislike Sharapova!
And I thought only jealous women did. Winking

Tbh...maybe legalising doping and ending this circus is not such a bad idea.

I am aware that's never going to happen, though...

For example, regarding Sharapova, Federer said he is for zero tolerance:

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2016/06/federer-calls-zero-tolerance-following-news-sharapovas-two-year-ban/58937/#.V1slu5B4WrU

Keep blood samples for 15-20 years, he said...keep the cheats in fear...

And last year I would have thought, yes, that's the way to get them...but I have realised none of them are scared or will ever be scared.

(Murray's famous line: "Bye bye Wayne (Odesnik) Good riddance!"

What was all that about?

It's almost like these super rich pros who can afford best "stuff" loathe when the "stupid" lower ranked ones get caught and ruin the sport's image...
Is zero tolerance for them?)

Certainly not Nadal, Murray and Federer if they ever get caught. Not even Djokovic maybe, though after Sharapova's case, ai am not to sure about him having the same protection as the Western athletes.

I assume you have seen that great documentary The Race That Shocked The World, where Ben Johnson was "caught" and stripped of his medal.

It turned out all bar one  in that race tested positive, so "they" have all those samples, and they have had them for the last 30 years...and what have they done with them?

What are they hoing to do with 200 blood bags in Fuentes case?

Did Agassi return any of his meth trophies?


It's a dirty political game now. It has always been.

Is there a solution?
its  not a fight that we should give up on just because of the politics,double standards and inconsistencies within sport
there will always be cheating, just like there will always be crime
we cant stop fighting crime just because it looks like a losing battle
where would we be if we did that?
i think the same applies to cheating and doping in sport

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:44 pm

Veejay wrote:its  not a fight that we should give up on just because of the politics,double standards and inconsistencies within sport
there will always be cheating, just like there will always be crime
we cant stop fighting crime just because it looks like a losing battle
where would we be if we did that?

i think the same applies to cheating and doping in sport
Well, biggest criminals in this world get Nobel prizes for peace.

I really think anti-doping is a waste of money. Professional sport will never be clean.

WADA'd better plant some trees with the millions they are wasting trying to expose smallfry and protect the superstars.


noleisthebest

Posts : 25148
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:14 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Veejay wrote:its  not a fight that we should give up on just because of the politics,double standards and inconsistencies within sport
there will always be cheating, just like there will always be crime
we cant stop fighting crime just because it looks like a losing battle
where would we be if we did that?

i think the same applies to cheating and doping in sport
Well, biggest criminals in this world get Nobel prizes for peace.

I really think anti-doping is a waste of money. Professional sport will never be clean.

WADA'd better plant some trees with the millions they are wasting trying to expose smallfry and protect the superstars.

even if all the drugs are made legal,it still wont be an even playing field besides,athletes will just find other ways of cheating to try and keep ahead or get an unfair advantage
where there is a will,there usually tends to be a way...
these comments are pretty surprising from you NITB 
while i understand that you think that the current system doesnt work i cant help but wonder if youve changed your point of view cause of all the suspicions comments surrounding novak djokovic?


Last edited by Veejay on Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by luvsports! on Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:51 pm

The biggest doper out there.

luvsports!

Posts : 4090
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:08 pm

luvsports! wrote:The biggest doper out there.
who? djokovic?
curious to know why you think that?

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:18 pm

Veejay wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Veejay wrote:its  not a fight that we should give up on just because of the politics,double standards and inconsistencies within sport
there will always be cheating, just like there will always be crime
we cant stop fighting crime just because it looks like a losing battle
where would we be if we did that?

i think the same applies to cheating and doping in sport
Well, biggest criminals in this world get Nobel prizes for peace.

I really think anti-doping is a waste of money. Professional sport will never be clean.

WADA'd better plant some trees with the millions they are wasting trying to expose smallfry and protect the superstars.

even if all the drugs are made legal,it still wont be an even playing field besides,athletes will just find other ways of cheating to try and keep ahead or get an unfair advantage
where there is a will,there usually tends to be a way...
these comments are pretty surprising from you NITB 
while i understand that you think that the current system doesnt work i cant help but wonder if youve changed your point of view cause of all the suspicions comments surrounding novak djokovic?

No, nothing to do with Nole. I've realised that one 2-3 years ago.

I suppose Sharapova's case was the last straw for me to see the full picture.

I actually can't believe it took me so long!

Seriously, Vee, you don't think sport can get clean do you?

noleisthebest

Posts : 25148
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by luvsports! on Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:35 pm

Veejay wrote:
luvsports! wrote:The biggest doper out there.
who? djokovic?
curious to know why you think that?

For me yes.
Since start of '15 I have never seen anyone outlast him whereas the rest wilt away against him.

luvsports!

Posts : 4090
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:51 pm

luvsports! wrote:
Veejay wrote:
luvsports! wrote:The biggest doper out there.
who? djokovic?
curious to know why you think that?

For me yes.
Since start of '15 I have never seen anyone outlast him whereas the rest wilt away against him.
the strange thing for me about novak is that his 2011 season was a sudden overnight improvement,this coming from a player who was known for retiring due to exhaustion/heat etc but suddenly he was beating nadal at is own game

but ever since bekker came on board,he has massively improved his game,not just from a fitness point of view so i dont know what to make of it all

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:01 pm

Veejay wrote:there is a reason why some drugs are legal and some drugs are illegal 
its isnt an even playing field when some athletes are using prohibited substances to get an unfair advantage

That is the very point and why I do not follow your logic. She took "legal drugs"...and then was clearly careless (when the legal drug became illegal) but not cheating!!!. There is a huge difference. That's why your post contradicts itself.

I would tend to agree with Fed, "it doesn;t matter whether it is intentional or not.....certainly but cheating in that very case no. She woudl have never taken it had she know. She is certainly not that dumb....just careless.

Tenez

Posts : 17437
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:10 pm

luvsports! wrote:
Veejay wrote:
luvsports! wrote:The biggest doper out there.
who? djokovic?
curious to know why you think that?

For me yes.
Since start of '15 I have never seen anyone outlast him whereas the rest wilt away against him.

He certainly is an egg chamber user...and more but I don;t think he dopes more than Murray or Nadal. To me the most obvious is actually Murray.

How can you be built like a tank, use so much power and yet outlast ferrer, and everybody else bar Djoko? Djoko is simply leaner and that is what he lasts longer. His game is ugly but he did not abuse steroids to add muscles. It's all about stamina, fatfree, and flexibility.

Murray has abused steroid and has no choice but to epo too.

Tenez

Posts : 17437
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:12 pm

Veejay wrote:
luvsports! wrote:
Veejay wrote:
luvsports! wrote:The biggest doper out there.
who? djokovic?
curious to know why you think that?

For me yes.
Since start of '15 I have never seen anyone outlast him whereas the rest wilt away against him.
the strange thing for me about novak is that his 2011 season was a sudden overnight improvement,this coming from a player who was known for retiring due to exhaustion/heat etc but suddenly he was beating nadal at is own game

but ever since bekker came on board,he has massively improved his game,not just from a fitness point of view so i dont know what to make of it all

Very true...and confessed in his Dec 10 interview saying he "could have cut corners"...which clearly he did after that interview.

Tenez

Posts : 17437
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by luvsports! on Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:22 pm

Tenez wrote:
luvsports! wrote:
Veejay wrote:
luvsports! wrote:The biggest doper out there.
who? djokovic?
curious to know why you think that?

For me yes.
Since start of '15 I have never seen anyone outlast him whereas the rest wilt away against him.

He certainly is an egg chamber user...and more but I don;t think he dopes more than Murray or Nadal. To me the most obvious is actually Murray.

How can you be built like a tank, use so much power and yet outlast ferrer, and everybody else bar Djoko? Djoko is simply leaner and that is what he lasts longer. His game is ugly but he did not abuse steroids to add muscles. It's all about stamina, fatfree, and flexibility.

Murray has abused steroid and has no choice but to epo too.

There are more substances you can take than that. Djoko is a stick. He looks like a cyclist, ala Vroome.

luvsports!

Posts : 4090
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:35 pm

Sure...but whatever Djoko takes, Murray takes it too...plus adding muscles.

Tenez

Posts : 17437
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:46 am

Tenez wrote:
Veejay wrote:
luvsports! wrote:
Veejay wrote:
luvsports! wrote:The biggest doper out there.
who? djokovic?
curious to know why you think that?

For me yes.
Since start of '15 I have never seen anyone outlast him whereas the rest wilt away against him.
the strange thing for me about novak is that his 2011 season was a sudden overnight improvement,this coming from a player who was known for retiring due to exhaustion/heat etc but suddenly he was beating nadal at is own game

but ever since bekker came on board,he has massively improved his game,not just from a fitness point of view so i dont know what to make of it all

Very true...and confessed in his Dec 10 interview saying he "could have cut corners"...which clearly he did after that interview.
No he didn't. Not that stupid.

I remember that interview and  you are stll putting words in his mouth.
Dig it out once and for all so we can see.

Not that it makes any differemce to anything, of course...

noleisthebest

Posts : 25148
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:39 pm

I think this interview was as clear as he could get. He is not saying that he will cut coners but said that he could.

Even the media were wondering what is was referring to.

Tenez

Posts : 17437
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by luvsports! on Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:14 pm

Link?

luvsports!

Posts : 4090
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:19 pm

Tried to find it but no luck.

Tenez

Posts : 17437
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:01 pm

sharapova has enrolled in harvard business school,looks like she doesnt expect her appeal to be overruled
so i guess thats the last we will probably be seeing of her
she has never done anything for the sport  thatbrought her so much success so i seriously doubt she will start giving back now
i bet she probably blames the sport  for what happened rather then herself

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:59 pm

Again, I am not a fan of Shara but she has many fans so she clearly has done for the sport. I really think it's a disgrace the way she is treated compared to other much more obvious dopers. After all she is certainly not a player who relied on stamina and had amazing big legs allowing ridiculous footwork.

She won Wimby when she was quite young and thin!. Navratilova noticed her talent when she was 6 or younger even.

Tenez

Posts : 17437
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:51 am

i wouldnt equate having fans as giving back,what i meant is thati have never seen her do anything for the sport like charity wise
i have never seen her give a second of her time to actually give back to the sport which  made her millions
shes gonna be like sampras just diappear

just shows what self serving peope they are

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum