Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Alvarez could bring me back to tennis EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Alvarez could bring me back to tennis EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Alvarez could bring me back to tennis EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Alvarez could bring me back to tennis EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Alvarez could bring me back to tennis EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Alvarez could bring me back to tennis EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Alvarez could bring me back to tennis EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Alvarez could bring me back to tennis EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Alvarez could bring me back to tennis EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Alvarez could bring me back to tennis

+3
Tenez
noleisthebest
bogbrush
7 posters

Go down

Alvarez could bring me back to tennis Empty Alvarez could bring me back to tennis

Post by bogbrush Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:38 pm

The lads got all the shots. Some sensational volleys, this match with Berrettini is worth watching.

bogbrush

N2D2L likes this post

Back to top Go down

Alvarez could bring me back to tennis Empty Re: Alvarez could bring me back to tennis

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:57 pm

Just goes to show how little people know about tennis.

Alcatraz is a con and media spin. Heavily steroided bunny who thinks he is the new Federer Laugh

In comparison, Nadal is a much better player than  this even uglier compatriot will ever be.

ButI suppose there is market for everyone, guys who are into fat chicks, jabs, cost of living, beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that...just never fails to shock me when people suck up whatever TV serves them.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Alvarez could bring me back to tennis Empty Re: Alvarez could bring me back to tennis

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:32 pm

Btw, a much better match was Dimi-Rune. 

Medvedev will eat whoever comes to him in the semi for breakfast.

New kids on the block think that if they can whack the ball hard they can play tennis...not so...grass reveals everything!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 pm

Really?  he's just another Nadal with some shots but his main strength is his legs again...and we know where this comes from nowadays.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:38 pm

Hey nitb, for one thing the guy can come into the service box in a rally without soiling his pants. Quite clearly the guy can do more than run side to side all day.

At 20 he’s got much more variety to his game at that age than all but one of the recent history top players and more than Djokovic has now. My interest is based on the probability that he’ll build on this.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:49 pm

bogbrush wrote:Hey nitb, for one thing the guy can come into the service box in a rally without soiling his pants. Quite clearly the guy can do more than run side to side all day.

At 20 he’s got much more variety to his game at that age than all but one of the recent history top players and more than Djokovic has now. My interest is based on the probability that he’ll build on this.

We saw all that game in Paris.
The only thing he's got more than Nole is steroids.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:47 pm

Interesting take on the PED subject, given it was he who got tired first.

It’s great to see a young player who knows the Court has 2 dimensions rather than just one going side-to-side behind the baseline and can hit a ball skilfully before it hits the floor.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:05 pm

bogbrush wrote:Interesting take on the PED subject, given it was he who got tired first.

It’s great to see a young player who knows the Court has 2 dimensions rather than just one going side-to-side behind the baseline and can hit a ball skilfully before it hits the floor.
Laugh

I'll give you a clue: next time you watch little Al, take a good look at the size of his thighs and then start thinking....you may understand one day!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:00 am

Answering the original topic instead of mindless bickering with PEDs, rigged draws etc. etc. 

Djokovic's dominance is horribly boring because his tennis is dull. Fed's dominance was attractive as his tennis was highly watchable.

I need to get interested in tennis and Alcaraz can bring that interest back. I want a younger opponent for Djokovic who can challenge him and beat him consistently. It has been a long 12-year wait while Djoko is adding stat after stat to his GOAT legacy. 

This matchup has some potential that can bring my interest back.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:07 am

noleisthebest wrote:
bogbrush wrote:Interesting take on the PED subject, given it was he who got tired first.

Laugh

I'll give you a clue: next time you watch little Al, take a good look at the size of his thighs and then start thinking....you may understand one day!
Yeah, right. Big thighs = PEDs.

Running all day, after day, after day, regardless of age = definitely not the Lance Armstrong of tennis.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:38 am

It's also the fact this has been a pitifully weak time in tennis for at least the last 5 years with slow surfaces - and it's why Djok can't be considered the goat (that's Fed by some distance).  Medvedev getting destroyed by Alcaraz shows that there is no one else around of any real caliber.  But Djok's time is almost up and then it will be Alcaraz turn to wipe out this weak ass era - except he plays proper tennis - not baseline shite.

Djok's probably gonna drop dead on court soon.  I'm also starting to heavily lean to ped or other illegal mechanism in use - same as Nadal.

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:38 am

bogbrush wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Laugh

Yeah, right. Big thighs = PEDs.

Running all day, after day, after day, regardless of age = definitely not the Lance Armstrong of tennis.

Also PEDS don't give you the insane ability that Alcaraz has.  Djok can't buy a drop shot or net approach or lob as good.

Daniel2

N2D2L and bogbrush like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:58 pm

Looks like he might be bringing me back.

How anyone can say this lad doesn’t play all-court is beyond me.

bogbrush

Daniel2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:01 pm

The serbian slut has been crusheddddd, kiss Carlos babyyyy

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by garthmarenghi Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:02 pm

bogbrush wrote:Looks like he might be bringing me back.

How anyone can say this lad doesn’t play all-court is beyond me.
He does have a great variety to his game. A refreshing change and what a great match from them both today. racket2 racket2

garthmarenghi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:11 pm

17-0 on winners in 5'th, the fake GOAT needs to retire  Laugh

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:13 pm

Where is Tenez? I bet he was for Djok to win this?? Traitor !!!  Laugh

Jahu

Daniel2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:42 pm

NOLE IS THE BEST love

Last edited by noleisthebest on Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:42 pm

Jahu wrote:The serbian slut has been crusheddddd, kiss Carlos babyyyy

and you albanians still suck at everything except drug dealing, prostitution and people trafficking Applause

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:58 pm

Not even close and you know it (I told you) - at least I didn't marry & divorce a Brit for papers Big Grin , now back in line for housing benefit & income support, or go back to Serbistan - oh wait, even Nole quit that shithole, hope it gets nuked together with Russia  Laugh

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:19 am

I fail to understand why people have a close personal association with any player's image. You and your presence have a 0.0 contribution to his success or failure. You mean not even an iota of an iota for him.

Don't start throwing personal slanders at each other. Abusing Djokovic means nothing here, in all probabilities, he doesn't read these messages nor would he care if he read them. Why are you getting so ruffled?

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:57 am

Alcaraz has brought me back to tennis.  Djokovic the "free pass" slam winner - finally getting replaced.  What a SHITE field we've had the last 5 or so years:

Tomic, Raonic, Dimitrov, Kyrgios, Zverev, Theim, Nishikori - the list is endless.  Poor attitude, poor ability, bottler - or all 3.  There has been NO ONE around to challenge - Fed too old and Nadal/Murray too knackered.  Medvedev not in the upper league either.  It's taken this long to find someone who can outplay this boring, talentless bastard.  Fitness should never be a deciding factor in tennis - and because they ruined all the conditions we ended up with Djokovic.  Even in that final, it was a joke how slow it was.

Magic Magic Magic Magic Magic Magic
Up yours, NITB -  Your hero is on his way out.
Magic Magic Magic Magic Peace Dove Rose Applause

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:30 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:I fail to understand why people have a close personal association with any player's image. You and your presence have a 0.0 contribution to his success or failure. You mean not even an iota of an iota for him.

Don't start throwing personal slanders at each other. Abusing Djokovic means nothing here, in all probabilities, he doesn't read these messages nor would he care if he read them. Why are you getting so ruffled?

Yes, Rotla agreed, except when you don't have anything worthwhile in life, you attach yourself to a successful global person and bark around the internet for him/her like it's your family member, sad  Doh Laugh

But nitb thinks she's been doing her fake remote refugee patriotic duty for last 15y of trolling the tennis forums with Djokobitch crap, and somehow god is seeing this and will reward her -  in hell  Devil

OK peace, no Djoko crap till USO  Whistle

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:43 pm

Jahu wrote:Where is Tenez? I bet he was for Djok to win this?? Traitor !!!  Laugh
No. The idea of having Djokovic winning 8 W would have been crazy. Even 7 is absurd. Those guys can win on clay and grass with the same game and this is not normal. Those slams where different and required different skills. But they have killed the beauty of diversity. It would be very easy to make conds so fast everywhere that a SVer could win in W as well as FO. So all those slam counts don;t mean anything anymore. I have not watched a single game for the last 2 years and I certainly don't miss it. 

But yeah I am glad Djokovic erased Nadal from the GOAT contention.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:44 am

Tenez wrote:
Jahu wrote:Where is Tenez? I bet he was for Djok to win this?? Traitor !!!  Laugh
No. The idea of having Djokovic winning 8 W would have been crazy. Even 7 is absurd. Those guys can win on clay and grass with the same game and this is not normal. Those slams where different and required different skills. But they have killed the beauty of diversity. It would be very easy to make conds so fast everywhere that a SVer could win in W as well as FO. So all those slam counts don;t mean anything anymore. I have not watched a single game for the last 2 years and I certainly don't miss it. 

But yeah I am glad Djokovic erased Nadal from the GOAT contention.

Instead of brooding over the past, let us see the evolution of tennis. Djoko-Nadal have good volleying skills and net game as well. 

SV is not superior to all-court-game that need to be promoted. Too much of S&V gets boring to watch. 90s tennis can't survive in 2020s. All sports evolve and I suppose so should the viewers.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:43 am

Evolution doesn't mean it's for the best.  No one in their right mind should embrace what's been done to tennis - and having all 4 slams play like clay is a fucking joke.

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:24 am

Daniel2 wrote:Evolution doesn't mean it's for the best.  No one in their right mind should embrace what's been done to tennis - and having all 4 slams play like clay is a fucking joke.

Who get's to decide what's the best? No one owns tennis but the people. If more and more people's choices move towards a  certain type of game, then that game is good for tennis.

All 4 slams do not play like clay. If they did, Nadal would have 14 of all of them.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:25 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Daniel2 wrote:Evolution doesn't mean it's for the best.  No one in their right mind should embrace what's been done to tennis - and having all 4 slams play like clay is a fucking joke.

Who get's to decide what's the best? No one owns tennis but the people. If more and more people's choices move towards a  certain type of game, then that game is good for tennis.

All 4 slams do not play like clay. If they did, Nadal would have 14 of all of them.

It's really simple...  the game should be set in stone.  or records mean nothing.  Your daft argument could be extended to allow players to come armed with bionic arms to aid in hitting the ball - at some point the rules and standards need to be set.  This appears to be the case in almost all sports except tennis.  You don't see table tennis surface change to carpet - or balls start to be made out of metal.

All surfaces are playing a lot slower, that's how Djok and Nadal - who are worthless when it comes to all court play - have been able to rack so many slams up off slow hard and clay.  Djok has won 7 wimbledons.  if you think that's not dumbing down grass then you're out of your mind. The guy hasn't got the ability to win 1.  Let alone 7.  He just parks his arse on the baseline.

That sort of thing should not be allowed.  All 4 slams should be set.  One carpet, one true grass, one clay, one hard.  That's not rocket science.  Because of people like you, all the records are now totally worthless.  There is no way to compare Borg with Fed, or Borg with Nadal, or ANY player with any player.  All you can say is Federer and Borg are the most naturally gifted and that Alcaraz is a more complete player than Djok.  Slam counts, titles, records.... all made worthless.

Daniel2

Jahu likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:50 pm

Well he is demolishing Djokobitch again, hahahaha, Djoko gone off court to get some of the good "vaccines"  Laugh, set 1 in the bag.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:56 pm

Djoko takes 2nd set, told you he got pumped with juice off the court, while playing the not feeling good on court.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:13 am

wtffff just woke up, Carlito seemed to have choked this match, did he get confused by Djoko fake injuries that have brought many wins to Djoko, prickkkk

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:27 am

Alcaraz is a better version of Nadal. But again, all based on steroids. Alcaraz is what could have been Nadal if Nadal had not been an average one-D player who could only win on clay until they slowed everything court for him!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am

Tenez wrote:Alcaraz is a better version of Nadal. But again, all based on steroids. Alcaraz is what could have been Nadal if Nadal had not been an average one-D player who could only win on clay until they slowed everything court for him!
Better version? Can you see this better version proving his better credentials by winning 22 slams?

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down