Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

GOAT  

Latest topics
» This Is What A Feminist Looks Like
Today at 1:21 am by Daniel

» The Ultimate GOAT List
Today at 1:13 am by Daniel

» Race to London
Yesterday at 11:42 pm by naxroy

» Players popularity - What makes it?
Yesterday at 11:34 pm by Tenez

» Asian Swing 2017: Bejing/Tokyo & Shanghai
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:42 pm by luvsports!

» Who Is Going To Be The Next Number One?
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:18 pm by legendkillar

» One of the best match ever?
Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:24 am by Tenez

» Stefanos Tsitsipas
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:13 am by noleisthebest

» Jelena Ostapenko
Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:26 pm by Jahu

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Sharapova announces failed drug test

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:40 pm

This is a pretty big surprise as I thought she was going to announce her retirement!! (not due to a failed drugs test) 
This is pretty significant as I cant remember any previous tennis player ever calling a press conference to make such news public 
The other surprising thing has to be that I never really suspected her of doping,I guess this just goes to show that you can never count anyone out 
The drug she tested positive for was banned as of 2016....interesting


Last edited by Veejay on Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:03 pm

Dont know if I buy her story
For a tennis player to ignore a link sent to her by WADA about changes made to the banned substances list is beyond belief
If you know that you are taking medication,even if its just for your health, you would double check to see that the drugs youre taking isnt somehow banned 
So are we to believe that she would risk her career,the shame of being called a doper,potentially serving a ban and risk losing the ability to make millions upon millions of dollars just because she didnt click on a link
Im also sure that her camp would have been aware of what medication she was on and would also be up to dat about banned substances

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:23 pm

It should be interesting to see how the ITF deals with her case
For so long they have tried to give the illusion that the sport is clean
How are they going to sweep this under the rug??

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:48 pm

So Sharapova gets provisionally suspended as from 12th March,I seriously doubt she would have been suspended had she kept this information private...
It doesnt seem like she is facing much backlash or criticism,god forbid had this been Serena there would be calls for her to be stripped of all her titles 
Sharapova losing to Serena on the same day she's doping makes me wonder how much worse her loses to Serena over the last 10 years could have been  Yikes Yikes Yikes

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by luvsports! on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:33 pm

It beggars belief. SPot on VJ. The incompetence here is stunning.

luvsports!

Posts : 4019
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:53 pm

Totally agree Luvsports!!
It's not some inocent mistake like she's making it out to be
She has yet to mention the condition or illness she suffers from which is the reason why she uses the drug
Until then you only have to assume that she was using it for its performance enhancing factors
This case is just further proof of how ahead of the game doping is to testing
She's been using the drug for 10 years and it has only been banned this year!

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:59 pm

Just saw the info on yahoo....and was about to post it here! I am a bit late obviously. Thanks VJ for the added information.

As much as I am glad they are aiming at big heads, I am not so surprised they chose a Russian athlete knowing how much teh west is keen to prove that all the wrong comes from Russia!

I was watching Murray this weekend and frankly this is a joke.....but that again is for another matter.

Tenez

Posts : 17168
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:04 pm

Sure she should not have ignored the link from Wada...but then again if the substance was available all those years but just got in the list 2 weeks before the AO, then it's not a huge mistake.

What's really wrong is to have allowed those subs for years. Worse was to allow PRP just because key lucrative athletes were using it.

Frankly I am not impressed by this news....either way.

Tenez

Posts : 17168
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:42 am

Well, we know entire professional world is up to its eyeballs in doping.

So, no surprise with the "discovery".

As always, it's who they chose to exose as well as the timing that's much more interesting.

Because from that we can deduce what their intentions are for the future...and again, no surprise that nothing has changed.

ITF and WADA are criminal gangs.

They are the equivalent of politicians in sport. Might is right.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24947
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:10 am

I have read also that the new banned subs was announced through an email by WADA! How bad is that????

I am hoping WADA is expected to have every single player responding to the email with acknowledgment and if not they have made a concerted effort to reach the athletes.

An email can easily be lost.

Everybody knows I am not a fan of Shara and I suspect 99% of players of doping, including Sharapova....but annoys me here it is the way it is being done. Including sponsors dropping their stars when not as lucrative.

Tenez

Posts : 17168
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:16 am

She claimed she had taken meldonium "for the past 10 years" after being given it by "my family doctor" but had known the drug as mildronate.
"A few days ago, after I received a letter from the ITF, I found out it also has another name of meldonium, which I did not know," she said.
=========================================
I am more and more convinced it is a stabbing in the back.

No player who woudl have made a fortune on a 11 year clean record woudl sacrify it's career at this stage on such substance!

I actually like the way she handled it so far.


Last edited by Tenez on Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Tenez

Posts : 17168
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:22 am

Tenez wrote:She claimed she had taken meldonium "for the past 10 years" after being given it by "my family doctor" but had known the drug as mildronate.
"A few days ago, after I received a letter from the ITF, I found out it also has another name of meldonium, which I did not know," she said.
=========================================
I am more and more convinced it is a stabbing in the back.

No player who woudl have made a fortune woudl sacrify it's career at this stage on such substance!

I actually like the way she handled it so far.

Yes, with great calmness, dignity and confidence. What I love most  is she is making everyone else look cowardly in their silence....

No "tweets" from any players yet...can't wait to see what they'll say if they dare come out.

I's almost comical.


I wouldn't be surprised if she had received personal advice and support from Putin. Winking

noleisthebest

Posts : 24947
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:30 am

We can't complain tennis is boring now! Whistle

Let's guess who is going to come out with condemnation/support first!!!!

I bet media can't wait to grill Nole in IW!!!

noleisthebest

Posts : 24947
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by luvsports! on Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:49 am

This is PR spin.
She has done a preemptive conference to get it on her terms. The reaction is astounding. So much sympathy. 
Who else has done this before?

luvsports!

Posts : 4019
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:16 am

Here we goooo!  

And what a surprise!
The first stone is thrown by someone https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EPhWR4d3FJQ
=======================================================
Capriati: ''I had to lose my career and never opted to cheat no matter what. I had to throw in the towel and suffer.

I didn't have the high priced team of drs (sic) that found a way for me to cheat and get around the system and wait for science to catch up."
=======================================================
Clearly, no active player could come out with such a wholesome and angelic statement...

noleisthebest

Posts : 24947
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by luvsports! on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:42 am

Interested to see what wise old Feds has to say about this.

luvsports!

Posts : 4019
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:03 am

luvsports! wrote:Interested to see what wise old Feds has to say about this.

I am not holding my breath.

Plus, he won't be playing till Monte Carlo, so will probably keep quiet unless he gets an order to say something neutral.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24947
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:14 pm

luvsports! wrote:This is PR spin.
She has done a preemptive conference to get it on her terms. The reaction is astounding. So much sympathy. 
Who else has done this before?

DO you really think she was ready to compromise her career on a 2 weeks tournament when she already had 10 years of "cleanliness"?

I do not believe one second she hoped to get through anti-doping system. Any person who was aware that this subs was forbidden, woudl have made sure not to be on it, especially those high profiles.. She simply was not aware. A mistake certainly (not knowing that the banned subs had also another name) but not a bad one.


Tenez

Posts : 17168
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:17 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Here we goooo!  

And what a surprise!
The first stone is thrown by someone https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EPhWR4d3FJQ
=======================================================
Capriati: ''I had to lose my career and never opted to cheat no matter what. I had to throw in the towel and suffer.

I didn't have the high priced team of drs (sic) that found a way for me to cheat and get around the system and wait for science to catch up."
=======================================================
Clearly, no active player could come out with such a wholesome and angelic statement...

Shara is one player really relying on shots with poor mouvement and stamina. She however knows how to use her muscle mass. I believe she cheated all her career like everybody else.....but again, Russia is guilty whereas the good old americans are not. Serena looks like Tinkerbell isn't it?

Tenez

Posts : 17168
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:55 pm

Tenez wrote:
Shara is one player really relying on shots with poor mouvement and stamina. She however knows how to use her muscle mass. I believe she cheated all her career like everybody else.....but again, Russia is guilty whereas the good old americans are not. Serena looks like Tinkerbell isn't it?
Yes, it's getting ugly.

Reminds me of Cold War days. IW will be buzzing!

Had she taken US citizenship none of this will have happened.

Russian Fed Cup captain (the one who got slammed by Western media for referng to Serena snd Venus as Williams brothers) said this is a joke and she will be part of team in Rio.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24947
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:28 pm

Good reaction all in all.

Jennifer Capriati (@JenCapriati) March 7, 2016
"the responses are exactly what i am talking about. everything based on illusion and lie driven by the media for over 20 yrs. beyond unfair"

Feels like reading you NITB! Winking

I like most reactions on your link. Just Ebden's looks bizarre.

Tenez

Posts : 17168
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:49 pm

She claims that her doctor prescribed this medication and that she was taking it for various reasons (which is way too vague in my opinion)
I was watching the discussion on the BBC earlier and the doctor on there questioned why anyone would use the drug for 10 years
Further more Sharapova has never claimed to have a heart condition,I'm sure everyone would have known cause even she claimed in her press conference that she's always been very open about her career
I don't see how she's going to bounce back from this,it pretty much sounds like her career is over,cause there's talk of a 4 year ban ( normally its 2??) but even if it was 2 or even a years ban how will she come back at her age
And to return after such a scandal,she will forever be tainted by this incident
She's also been dropped by several brands she endorses

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:31 pm

Here's something interesting from THASP

"The Latvian company that manufactures meldonium says the normal course of treatment for the drug is four to six weeks -- not the 10 years that Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova says she used the substance."

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:54 pm

To be fair Maria brought this witch hunt upon herself cause it doesn't seem like the ITF were going to make this failed drugs test public
http://gu.com/p/4hd38/stw

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:57 pm

I haven't read the ins and outs, but she's outfoxed them by making the first move.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24947
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:59 pm

I find it really interesting that the drug was used in the 1980 to give the Soviet military stamina
Maybe it was one of her relatives who prescribed it

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:36 pm

Veejay wrote:Here's something interesting from THASP

"The Latvian company that manufactures meldonium says the normal course of treatment for the drug is four to six weeks -- not the 10 years that Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova says she used the substance."

I am sure they all take drugs...the fact is this subs was legal just 2 weeks before the AO....that's teh problem. You can't blame her for having orange juice since childhood cause orange juice is legal. Same with that drug.

Sharapova simply made a mistake. had she known she simply woudl not have taken it in 2016.

Tenez

Posts : 17168
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:38 pm

Veejay wrote:To be fair Maria brought this witch hunt upon herself cause it doesn't seem like the ITF were going to make this failed drugs test public
http://gu.com/p/4hd38/stw
That's really my concern! They pick and choose. Anyway I am pretty sure she went public cause she feels innocent...or careless. Same thing!

Tenez

Posts : 17168
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:39 pm

Veejay wrote:I find it really interesting that the drug was used in the 1980 to give the Soviet military stamina
Maybe it was one of her relatives who prescribed it
No different than the soldiers taking meth to give them the edge.....except that meth in the right dose is probably much more efficient.

Tenez

Posts : 17168
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by DECIMA on Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:04 am

lol she would not have gone to the media and admitted herself unless the ITF were going to release it publicly. She's not some kind of saint, press conferences aren't confession booths.

DECIMA

Posts : 4429
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:33 am

I think ITF/WADA were probably manipulating (or trying to) Sharapova in various ways behind the scenes for at least 6 months.

And not just her. There have been a lot of unexplained withdrawals and injuries on WTA tour last and especially this year.

We don't know the full story, but what we do know is that this is very political and anti-Russian. Nothing to do with (anti)doping.

It's pathetic.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24947
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:39 am

It's becoming more and more apparent that she's lying about the reasons why she was using the drug
Why call a press conference to claim it's an innocent mistake and then try to pull the wool over our eyes?
If she has nothing to hide then surely there's no reason to lie
It's fair to assume that if the drug has been banned now,had WADA known about its performance enhancing abilities 10 years ago then it would have been banned 10 years ago
She should have just said to how it is "I was "legally" doping because I was ahead of the game and it finally caught up with me"
Not this bullshit she's trying to sell to make herself look like an innocent victim
I've lost all respect for her,not that I had any to begin with anyway

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:56 am

Veejay wrote:It's becoming more and more apparent that she's lying about the reasons why she was using the drug
Why call a press conference to claim it's an innocent mistake and then try to pull the wool over our eyes?
If she has nothing to hide then surely there's no reason to lie
It's fair to assume that if the drug has been banned now,had WADA known about its performance enhancing abilities 10 years ago then it would have been banned 10 years ago
She should have just said to how it is  "I was  "legally"  doping because I was ahead of the game and it finally caught up with me"
Not this bullshit she's trying to sell to make herself look like an innocent  victim
I've lost all respect for her,not that I had any to begin with anyway
The whole point is it became illegal two months ago.

Professional athletes all dope and use everything they can get away with, it's like trying to beat the taxman through every possible hole you(r accountant) can find.

In Nadal's case blood/plasma doping (or wharever it was) wasn't and now is allowed.
And what about steroids?
Can they still use it legally under 16? Look at Coric!

There must be hundreds of ways to dope...new ways being found...the "beauty" of science!

But why put Sharapova in the spotlight NOW?

Why pull her name out of the hat?

noleisthebest

Posts : 24947
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:41 am

My point is, if it's legal and only became illegal 2 months ago and you have nothing to hide then why call a press conference and lie about the reason why you're taking the drug
My point is not about when the drug became illegal,my point is that she's clearly lying while trying to play the " innocent card" and at the same time claiming she's being open and honest about it
Just say it how it is,don't try and claim that you've been taking it innocently without knowing the benefits you've been gaining from it
Sharapova it trying to hide the fact that she was using it as a PED,because she knows as well as everyone else does that admitting to that would taint her career,she knows that the drug was only legal for so long cause WADA wasn't aware of its performance enhancing abilities yet and it was only a matter of time before the drug would be banned
I'm just taking about this specific case,yes there are hundreds of other cases and yes all pro athletes use PEDs whether banned or legal,no ones competes on pure adrenaline alone but i'm specifically talking about this case
Sharapova put herself in the spotlight by admitting to a failed test and taking the drug " for medical reasons"

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:54 am

I don't want do defend or justify liars, but I can understand Sharapova's approach.

She knows they are all doping but also that for some reason she is singled out to be crucified.

I assume she still wants to compete, doesn't want to throw away 20 plus years of hard work down the drain just because Putin irks the West.

Ideally she'd speak out and drag the whole system down with her, but for a reason she is choosing not to.




noleisthebest

Posts : 24947
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:55 am

I get what you're saying,there's no way she would say that cause it became illegal,my point is just that she's lying to cover up using the drug as a PED while trying to assure everyone that's she's being open and honest about it

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by luvsports! on Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:02 am

Tenez wrote:
luvsports! wrote:This is PR spin.
She has done a preemptive conference to get it on her terms. The reaction is astounding. So much sympathy. 
Who else has done this before?

DO you really think she was ready to compromise her career on a 2 weeks tournament when she already had 10 years of "cleanliness"?

I do not believe one second she hoped to get through anti-doping system. Any person who was aware that this subs was forbidden, woudl have made sure not to be on it, especially those high profiles.. She simply was not aware. A mistake certainly (not knowing that the banned subs had also another name)  but not a bad one.


"Anytime there is a change to the list, notice is given on 30 September prior to the change," he said.
"You have October, November, December to get off what you are doing.
"All the tennis players were given notification of it and she has a medical team somewhere. That is reckless beyond description." - Dick Pound.

luvsports!

Posts : 4019
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:05 am

It's pretty much the same reason why no other player has ever called Nadal out with all the media coverage and allegations surrounding him,she couldn't do it now that she's failed a drugs test anyway cause her credibility is shot
The players are smart enough to know that they'll just get crucified if they start pointing fingers or even hint at something or someone
I don't understand Sharapovas approach at all,people are now questioning the reason why she was taking the drug for 10 years so she's looking like a liar,a manipulator,completely incompetent,doped and still lost to serena 18 straight times and he admission lost her several lucrative contracts of brands she endorses
She should have just shut up,cause it looked like she would get away with it

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:22 pm

There's no excuse
Maria was warned 5 times that the drug was banned
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tennis/2016/03/08/maria-sharapova-clouds-gather-over-tennis-star/

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:50 pm


Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:23 pm

So Vee. Question for you.

If she knew this subs was forbidden and that Wada was going to test for it in 2016, why did she take it?


Tenez

Posts : 17168
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:32 pm

I never claimed that she knew the drugs were legal or illegal
But you could ask the same question to every single athlete who dopes,they dope irrelevant of drug tests,they still take the drugs knowing they be tested for it
I assume they do it cause they think they can get away with it or pass a drugs test using something that could mask it
My biggest argument here is if you're going to be open and honest about something then be open and honest
Don't call a press conference to claim you're being open and honest and then lie

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Daniel on Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:34 pm

Good riddance to the screeching idiot.  Another person who has no respect on or off court. She didn't care.  She's that arrogant.

Daniel

Posts : 3095
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:08 pm

Veejay wrote:I never claimed that she knew the drugs were legal or illegal
But you could ask the same question to every single athlete who dopes,they dope irrelevant of drug tests,they still take the drugs knowing they be tested for it
I assume they do it cause they think they can get away with it or pass a drugs test using something that could mask it
My biggest argument here is if you're going to be open and honest about something then be open and honest
Don't call a press conference to claim you're being open and honest and then lie

Well they don't! They take stuff that doesn't get tested...otherwise they 'd be found out. The real cheats are not being found out. You and I know this too well, isn't it?

She is actually not an obvious cheat to me. She was taking something legal all those years. They have trapped someone who thought it was still legal. As simple as that for me. And the fact she is Russian certainly helps the agenda of the West.

In the meantime, our real cheats still compete freely.

Tenez

Posts : 17168
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Daniel on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:22 pm

She is a real cheat, Tenez.

You're always banging on about drug cheats in tennis, and tennis not doing enough, but when something IS done, you're the first here trying to make excuses for it.

No internal consistency.

Daniel

Posts : 3095
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:33 pm

What about athletes that test positive for EPO or Nandrolone
Not all athletes have the financial recourses to be ahead of the game and employ doping doctors like the top elite multi millionaire athletes
Some of them can only afford nandrolone and they have to take it themselves lol
I recall Dick Pound saying that there are masking agents which could mask drugs in as little as 6 hours
There are definitely athletes out there that still take drugs that are mainly tested for in drug tests
But your point is very valid about the real cheats not being found out that's why we rarely hear of athletes failing drug tests of drugs we hardly ever hear of or even know
But this is why Sharapovas case makes no sense,if the drug was legal then technically she wasn't doing anything wrong for the last ten years so why lie about the reasons why you were taking the drug?
The truth is that she doesn't want to admit to using PEDs

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:15 pm

Maria's pr spin has clearly backfired and she's left with no cards left to play

I woke up yesterday morning with an inbox, in full capacity of love and compassion. 
The first email I immediately opened was from my best friend, you know, the type of person who can make you smile and cry with only one word and who I spent the evening on the phone with, checking up on me, how was I doing? 
On average, I love the mornings. New day, new start. It is fair to say that this day was not average. Nothing came to mind at 6am, except that I am determined to play tennis again and I hope I will have the chance to do so. I wish I didn't have to go through this, but I do - and I will.
I needed to sweat, to push through and grind as I have done most of my life, so I made my way to the gym. That's when I realized a bunch of tinted windowed cars were following me. The good old paparazzi, back on the trail. 
I have not been online much except the odd search for a new antique coffee table (random, I know), but my friends made a collage for me with all your beautiful messages and hashtags that you created (‪#‎IStandWithMaria‬and ‪#‎LetMariaPlay‬). I spent the afternoon reading them next to my dog, who couldn't quite understand why this was more important than the walk he was expecting to take. 
In this moment, I am so proud to call you my fans. Within hours of my announcement, you showed me support and loyalty, which I could only expect to hear when someone would be at the top of their profession. 
I wanted to let you know that your wonderful words put a smile on my face. I'd like to play again and hope to have the chance to do so. Your messages give me great encouragement. This message isn't anything else but to say thank you. Thank you very much.

- Maria Sharapova

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum