Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Indian Wells Thread  - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Indian Wells Thread  - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Indian Wells Thread  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Indian Wells Thread  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Indian Wells Thread  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Indian Wells Thread  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Indian Wells Thread  - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Indian Wells Thread  - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Indian Wells Thread  - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Indian Wells Thread

+5
summerblues
Daniel
Tenez
truffin1
N2D2L
9 posters

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Indian Wells Thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: Indian Wells Thread

Post by N2D2L Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:48 pm

truffin wrote:Who is desperately unable to reach 2%? I told you- we aren't bound by a magical number you deem satisfactory.
Let me explain in further detail:
-I am arguing that the mentality of Nadal haters is to take some relatively rare occurrences, and as part of their agenda over-hype it so much that it seems like these occurrences are a norm.
-My comparison I used was the BNP in this country, who take a few occurrences of people of a certain skin colour committing crimes (and even admitting so), and then taking a small minority of these cases to try and paint a large brush.
-The fact is here you've tried to paint this as the norm, yet after such a long time you have not even reached a little 2% of Nadal matches where you have any evidence. Yet you try to paint it as if it is frequent, then this week you claim to be shocked that suddenly Nadal isn't behaving badly when his behaviour this week has basically been identical to how he normally behaves.
It unfortunately is simply a hate-filled agenda, started by people who hate Nadal, and honestly I think it's time to give it up.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:55 pm

You best get used to it. I am going to have a field day in the years to come, when that moron is losing all the time and can't handle it. This year should be a good start.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:59 pm

FedererKing wrote:You best get used to it.  I am going to have a field day in the years to come, when that moron is losing all the time and can't handle it.  This year should be a good start.
Nadal has already won 13 Grand Slams and done more than most Nadal fans could have dreamed when he was a youngster... even if he was to win 0 matches from now on I would be happy with his career statistics as it is.
Unfortunately your name calling will make no difference to that, so your 'field day' will be in vain.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:41 pm

Nole demolishing A. Gonzalez atm, 5:0, not even practice session...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:09 am

I seem to have slept through all the action....
I have no idea how Nole managed to lose a set to this Gonzalez,it was so boring I dropped off.
He is in deep trouble and will need to pull himself together asap if he wants to beat Cilic in the next round.

Gulbis beat Dimitrov...slept through that, too....
Well, at least I'll get to see a bit of Thiem now.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:10 am

Dimi Sad

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:42 am

Julia Santamaria wrote:
truffin wrote:Who is desperately unable to reach 2%? I told you- we aren't bound by a magical number you deem satisfactory.
-I am arguing that the mentality of Nadal haters is to take some relatively rare occurrences, and as part of their agenda over-hype it so much that it seems like these occurrences are a norm.  
-My comparison I used was the BNP in this country, who take a few occurrences of people of a certain skin colour committing crimes (and even admitting so), and then taking a small minority of these cases to try and paint a large brush.
-The fact is here you've tried to paint this as the norm, yet after such a long time you have not even reached a little 2% of Nadal matches where you have any evidence. Yet you try to paint it as if it is frequent, then this week you claim to be shocked that suddenly Nadal isn't behaving badly when his behaviour this week has basically been identical to how he normally behaves.
It unfortunately is simply a hate-filled agenda, started by people who hate Nadal, and honestly I think it's time to give it up.

Why don't you look at your own mentality, the Nadal butt loving breed instead of labeling names to everyone as haters. Its you who has an agenda, its you who is filled with hatred and can't digest the fact that Nadal is a cheat. 

Look at yourself, you are ready to stoop to any level of idiocy to defend Nadal. You feel proud of him. ha ha ha.. as if you are responsible for his actions. Nadal's reputation is more important to you than even your very own. You rather yourself be called an idiot that let anyone even question nadal's acts..  Laugh  Laugh You are mentally aged not more than 2 years.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:51 am

A funny intro to last night's match between Gulbis and Dimitrov:

"If tennis were pro wrestling, what would we call a match between Ernest Gulbis and Grigor Dimitrov? The Parade of the Playboys? The Loony Latvian vs. Blackheart from Bulgaria? Baby Fed meets Mini Marat? Whatever name we want to give it, this was a clash of two talented players who have spent the last year beginning to shake off their underachiever tag and make good on their considerable potential"
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2014/03/taming-talent/50875/#.UyAfgii_7zI

Looks like we have a nice new rivalry coming up there.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:32 am

I saw the last few points from Gulbis/Dimi and Gulbis deserved it from that small sample I saw. Gulbis FH is really weird though. It is going to be a problem if he wants to climb the ladder further.

So with Dolgo, Fognini, Murray, Raonic, Stan, Anderson, Federer, Haas, Verdasco, Isner, Gulbis, Bautista Agut, Lopez, Benetteau, Cilic Djoko we have :

a 30yo, three 32yo, and a 36 yo (soon)!!! so that's 5 of the 16 remaining players. Quite a bit considering they are supposed to decline after 27yo!!! Considering that Stan and Isner will be 30 in a year and a few days....that brings the peak time pretty close to 30 more than 27.

And we just have to look at Stan who is going to be 29 in a couple of weeks...he does not look like past his best does he?

Anyway, who do you fancy to win the whole thing by the end of the week?

I fancy Federer! Haas the 36yo might be his toughest opponent! Winking

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:56 pm

I'm sipping a cold drink between matches, wearing my Nole T-shirt after some time, birds are chirping in the clear blue sky, my serve is behaving beautifully even on the sunny side of the court.
Long live the glorious game of tennis!

I just wanted to share this happy moment.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:06 pm

I also played between 12.30 and now. Great day!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:33 pm

Tenez wrote:I saw the last few points from Gulbis/Dimi and Gulbis deserved it from that small sample I saw. Gulbis FH is really weird though. It is going to be a problem if he wants to climb the ladder further.

So with Dolgo, Fognini, Murray, Raonic,  Stan, Anderson, Federer, Haas, Verdasco, Isner, Gulbis, Bautista Agut,  Lopez, Benetteau, Cilic Djoko we have :

a 30yo, three 32yo,  and a 36 yo (soon)!!! so that's 5 of the 16 remaining players. Quite a bit considering they are supposed to decline after 27yo!!! Considering that Stan and Isner will be 30 in a year and a few days....that brings the peak time pretty close to 30 more than 27.

And we just have to look at Stan who is going to be 29 in a couple of weeks...he does not look like past his best does he?

Good question.
I said at the beginning I hoped for a Nole-Fed final. Either could win, Fed has probably played better than Nole in IW.
As for the ageing players, I saw a bit of Benneteau-Thiem last night, so another "oldie" vs a "young gun", and you could see all the benefits of ageing in that match: Benneteau just had such a honed game, knew what he wanted to do on the court and did it!
Thiem, for all his youth and strong, pacy shots, was often pushed far behind the baseline, reminded me a bit of Dimitrov, although Thiem did have a more natural attacking streak, just wasn't able to impose himself in the match.
Also, his footwork was so wild and needs a lot of work on.

Now that Nadal is out, I am happy for anyone to win...well, almost...ABM!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:06 pm

I could see a Federer Gulbis final. Djoko needs to string those games without wandering cause against the better players it won't work!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:24 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:I saw the last few points from Gulbis/Dimi and Gulbis deserved it from that small sample I saw. Gulbis FH is really weird though. It is going to be a problem if he wants to climb the ladder further.

So with Dolgo, Fognini, Murray, Raonic,  Stan, Anderson, Federer, Haas, Verdasco, Isner, Gulbis, Bautista Agut,  Lopez, Benetteau, Cilic Djoko we have :

a 30yo, three 32yo,  and a 36 yo (soon)!!! so that's 5 of the 16 remaining players. Quite a bit considering they are supposed to decline after 27yo!!! Considering that Stan and Isner will be 30 in a year and a few days....that brings the peak time pretty close to 30 more than 27.

Good question.
I said at the beginning I hoped for a Nole-Fed final. Either could win, Fed has probably played better than Nole in IW.
As for the ageing players, I saw a bit of Benneteau-Thiem last night, so another "oldie" vs a "young gun", and you could see all the benefits of ageing in that match: Benneteau just had such a honed game, knew what he wanted to do on the court and did it!
Thiem, for all his youth and strong, pacy shots, was often pushed far behind the baseline, reminded me a bit of Dimitrov, although Thiem did have a more natural attacking streak, just wasn't able to impose himself in the match.
Also, his footwork was so wild and needs a lot of work on.

Now that Nadal is out, I am happy for anyone to win...well, almost...ABM!
amazing how all these "weak era" guys can still compete succeed in todays golden age.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:34 pm

truffin1 wrote:...amazing how all these "weak era" guys can still compete succeed in todays golden age.

And those are not the most talented ones...The talented ones retired cause the game became too physical on those too slow surfaces:

Coria, Nalbandian, Blake, Safin. Their beautiful skills were wasted after a couple of 25 shot rallies.

Coria retiring was a real shame. Had he worked harder he would have been mentally better equipped and could have done great....but had a real problem between the ears....unfortunately.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:36 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:

the fact is that if you cheat- you are a cheat.. If a student takes 1000 tests and cheats 8 times-  is that okay?   in Nadals case, any reasonable person knows that if someone can spend five minutes on google and find 8-10 docemented cases of coaching-- without even going past page 2 of google mind you---  that he's done it more than that....     As the show was called though "eight is enough".
Not to mention the infrequent( if that makes you happy) use of other cheating tricks like MTO's,etc..         

I know,Iknow, so and so cursed on court so that makes Nadal cheating okay... so and so may or may not have pointed at the wrong mark...   if that is what it takes for you to feel better about it- good for you.

The other factor which I haven't even brought up but trumps it all-- is I know without a shadow of a doubt based on many things that I know to be factual and true that Nadal is a doper. I say that not as a fan of another player, not with hate towards Nadal- it's simply the truth.   SO every single time Nadal enters the court to play- he is the ultimate misbehavour and cheat- he's a doper every time.   So while I said he behaved this week in his actions towards his opponent, and you claim this is the true Nadal-  the fact is-  he's bad everytime he plays- because he dopes.

Now- you might not believe it, you might claim its a hate filled agenda perpetrated by fellow players, media, behind the scenes management, fans of other players-  one big fat conspiracy that for some reason only targets innocent Nadal-- but that's you own biased head in the sand fanatic mind talking- not allowed you to see what so many can see.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:37 pm

Tenez wrote:I could see a Federer Gulbis final. Djoko needs to string those games without wandering cause against the better players it won't work!

Gulbis is playing good, proper tennis, simple but "real",  which is so nice to see in younger players, although he is only a year younger than Nole.
No scrambling in his game at all. There is something dignifying about it.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:57 pm

truffin1 wrote:...The other factor which I haven't even brought up but trumps it all-- is I know without a shadow of a doubt based on many things that I know to be factual and true that Nadal is a doper. I say that not as a fan of another player, not with hate towards Nadal- it's simply the truth.   SO every single time Nadal enters the court to play- he is the ultimate misbehavour and cheat- he's a doper every time.   So while I said he behaved this week in his actions towards his opponent, and you claim this is the true Nadal-  the fact is-  he's bad everytime he plays- because he dopes.

I think this can easily be explained. Imagine a player being tired and aching but committed to enter a tournament. He talks to the TD and explains he can't play cause he is hurting from his last tournament. Nadal was announced and many tickets were sold in advance. What's the solution? drugs! they are then seen as recovering and not enhancing drugs so this helps all bend the rules...even the ATP people who want their tournaments to be successful.

Same thing after a tough 1/4 or 1/2 Final.

- "guys my nephew can't play the final, he is too tired. he will have to concede".
TDs: - ...Sure? Can we do something to help?
- Well, we just need Nadal to have complete peace tonight, no-one must disturb him....not even the anti-doping people. (maybe not said as explicitly of course).
TDs: - But we can't help that, it's not in our power.
- Well then Nadal has to pull out of that final V Djoko. You know how tough those matches are.
TDs: - You cannot do that we have 2000 people and 15 channels desperate to watch that match.
- So......
TDs: - Sure we will make sure none will come to trouble you this evening.

I am pretty sure this must happen with other players too.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:59 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:I could see a Federer Gulbis final. Djoko needs to string those games without wandering cause against the better players it won't work!

Gulbis is playing good, proper tennis, simple but "real",  which is so nice to see in younger players, although he is only a year younger than Nole.
No scrambling in his game at all. There is something dignifying about it.

Yes agree. Just one year younger but at least 6 years of Dolce vita more than Djoko.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:09 pm

Tenez wrote:
truffin1 wrote:...The other factor which I haven't even brought up but trumps it all-- is I know without a shadow of a doubt based on many things that I know to be factual and true that Nadal is a doper. I say that not as a fan of another player, not with hate towards Nadal- it's simply the truth.   SO every single time Nadal enters the court to play- he is the ultimate misbehavour and cheat- he's a doper every time.   So while I said he behaved this week in his actions towards his opponent, and you claim this is the true Nadal-  the fact is-  he's bad everytime he plays- because he dopes.

I think this can easily be explained. Imagine a player being tired and aching but committed to enter a tournament. He talks to the TD and explains he can't play cause he is hurting from his last tournament. Nadal was announced and many tickets were sold in advance. What's the solution? drugs! they are then seen as recovering and not enhancing drugs so this helps all bend the rules...even the ATP people who want their tournaments to be successful.

- "guys my nephew can't play the final, he is  too tired. he will have to concede".
- Well, we just need Nadal to have complete peace tonight, no-one must disturb him....not even the anti-doping people. (maybe not said as explicitly of course).
- Well then Nadal has to pull out of that final V Djoko. You know how tough those matches are.
TDs: - You cannot do that we have 2000 people and 15 channels desperate to watch that match.
- So......

:-) I had a client back in the 70's who had a STD of all things that was found a few days before the match...Wasn't even a real famous fighter perse.  The promoter was told that he wouldn't be able to pass the Boxing commissions last physical the day before the match and the match would be canceled.   As you say- thousands of people (gamblers) ready to pack the match and casino, etc..   Promoter said he would take care of it---   no physical or blood test was ever given, match went on  :-)   money speaks louder than anything.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:19 pm

Exactly. If you want to have a star player in your tournament, you ask the ball they want to play with, the surface they prefer and turn a blind eye on anything that could be suspicious.

Frankly, I would not want to waste millions just for the sake of making amri unhappy.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:32 pm

truffin wrote:Now- you might not believe it, you might claim its a hate filled agenda perpetrated by fellow players, media, behind the scenes management, fans of other players- one big fat conspiracy that for some reason only targets innocent Nadal--
No I think you've just made it up.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:49 pm

Raiders Of The Lost Ark wrote:Look at yourself, you are ready to stoop to any level of idiocy...
What I am saying is simply logical and right, and it's not as if I'm the only one who holds this view; there are many in the mainstream media and also many Federer fans who have huge respect for Nadal. I am not saying he is perfect, but I'm saying him receiving hate abuse from people who are upset because he beat their favourite player is unjustified.

As for you ROTLA, how can I put it?
You talk about 'mental age' etc.; but remember this is coming from you. Now what type of mentality does it take to tell someone else you simply don't know to commit suicide by 'jumping in the river' and then saying you 'hope I rot'; as you told me last year.
I mean telling someone you barely know, on the basis of debates on tennis, that they should commit suicide is one thing, but the graphic detail in rotting in a river I think suggests some sort of sadistic anger issues.
Of course as your position on Nadal is the same as many on here, no one said anything (apart from Luvsports) to you when you said that, but let me put it this way: if anyone who was a Nadal fan, or even a neutral tennis fan came on this forum and told someone to jump into a river etc. do you really think no one would say a word? You are lucky that the likes of Truffin, Tenez etc. are so hypocritical they will only complain if a Nadal fan says that, but stay silent if you say it.

There is even a stark difference between things getting heated and what you said. I mean sometimes things get heated on this forum as on any, and we hear phrases like 'You are illogical' 'You are blinded and delusional' 'You have an agenda' 'You have no credibility', 'You are a Nadal hater' etc. That sort of thing, despite being regrettable on a forum, is very different to what you said, telling someone they aren't logical is different from telling someone you don't know on the internet to jump in a river and commit suicide.

So when talking to me about mentality, perhaps it is time to look into a mirror, and try and stop saying such disgraceful comments in future.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:54 pm

Tenez wrote:
- "guys my nephew can't play the final, he is  too tired. he will have to concede".
- So......

I haven't thought of that one, but it makes sense. It happens in all walks of life.
It's interesting how despite being fully aware that what we follow is professinal sport, i.e. business,
we get so upset when we see its original purity spoiled.
Tennis in particular, probably because it's a one on one battle, and like in a duel, you want to see both contestants with same weapons, not one riding a donkey and the other a racing horse...

Although, as you said a while ago, tennis has always had a bit of doping and players trying various ways to edge an advantage, I think, now it's come to a stage where it's crossed some border of acceptability - brute, unnatural power killing all the flair.

It's such a shame so few see it and care about it.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:57 pm

Tenez wrote:

Yes agree. Just one year younger but at least 6 years of Dolce vita more than Djoko.

To be fair to Nole, the two have had very different paths in life.
Still, I love Ernie, the dolce vita boy of tennis, the tour is so much better and nicer for having him around!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:58 pm

And now it's time to see some tennis, I hope Dolgo and Fognini are still rocking & rolling!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:30 pm

Dolgo seems to have made quick work of Fognini...saw the last set between Murray and Raonic.
All I can say, roadrunners seem to be running out of steam...

Murray got completely blown off the court by Raonic!
I noticed one strange thing in IW: the court is so slow and high bouncing, yet the tour seems to have caught up physically & fitness wise, as well as matured with shot-making, so now the slow court is actually working against scrapping tennis, as fitter shot- makers are also having more time to set up for their shots...strange...who would have thought that would happen?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:37 pm

Oh shoot....I did not realise they were playing. I wanted to see that match.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bluenose Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:45 pm

I'm glad somebody actually watched Raonic for once.  He gets a lot of stick for poor return game and passive play, yet there he was inside the baseline for half of the third set and charging the net completely discombobulating Murray.  And this is his first tournament for ages after the ankle injury, and he wasn't moaning and clutching things.  He is steadily improving, and I love that he got bold because he wanted to win.

It's quite startling to see all the shake-ups unfolding, could be an interesting year indeed.

bluenose

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:53 pm

Yes, he played well, Murray did look a very pale version of himself in that third set, though.
Raonic went for his shots and didn't choke serving for the match, although you could see him breathing deeply and looking overwhelmed preparing to serve the match point.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:26 pm

Anyone watching Gulbis - Agut?
Great fight going on both on court as well as changeovers...! drama, tournament ref called to intervene, a racquet smash...Gulbis just called Agut a woman Laugh

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:38 pm

bluenose wrote:I'm glad somebody actually watched Raonic for once.  He gets a lot of stick for poor return game and passive play, yet there he was inside the baseline for half of the third set and charging the net completely discombobulating Murray.  And this is his first tournament for ages after the ankle injury, and he wasn't moaning and clutching things.  He is steadily improving, and I love that he got bold because he wanted to win.

It's quite startling to see all the shake-ups unfolding, could be an interesting year indeed.

I did not know about it. I was wondering why he got such flat results recently despite good performances last year. This explains that.

Certainly glad he beat Murray. But Murray seems to be struggling since that op.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:40 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Anyone watching Gulbis - Agut?
Great  fight going on both on court as well as changeovers...! drama, tournament ref called to intervene, a racquet smash...Gulbis just called Agut a woman Laugh

Yes watching...another negative spanish player. How did Gulbis managed to lose that set? He broke BA twice!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:28 pm

that was a good match. Lots of drama with Gulbis finishing the match without moving.

Lots of animosity between the 2. Gulbis should never have lost that 2nd set.

Why did he call him a woman for?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:32 pm

Agut actually played quite well during 2nd set, he can flatten his FH and play very aggressively, which is what he did...Gulbis also served a few DFs.

I really enjoyed this match, it was so entertaining, Gulbis was at his best in every way!
He is such fun to watch.
I hope he stays injury free and has a great season, he is quite good on all surfaces.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:39 pm

I didn't see the beginning of the 2nd set, but apparently at 1 all Gulbis got time violation and then had a chat with Bernardes for 2-3 minutes about it, asking him questions... You can just imagine it!

Then, at the next changeover, Agut started complaining to Bernardes  about indulging Gulbis in answering those questions in the previous changeover....and that was not enough...he even called for Lars Graf, to come and get involved, so he did...saw it for what it was, of course and just told Bernardes to calm Earnie down in a winking kind of way....then Gulbis continued the verbal show by calling him a woman....crying about every little thing etc etc... There  was a lot more...Agut then broke him in that game and Earnie pulverised his racquet in style...the crowd loved it!
There a few great rallies in that set.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:47 pm

Yes I saw the racquet smashed to pieces.....very similar to may last racquet....3 weeks ago.

Murray losing his serve way too often as the match goes on. His back is still playing up. It must be frustrating. I don't think he will do well this year.....or even the following years unless he has another op.

Those planes hovering around are so annoying...This is what sent Gulbis ballistic.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:07 am

Looks like Stan has an injury. Real shame if so as he really seems to be surging.

Could help out fed twice though. Keep him from having to play two matches today singles and doubles and open up his draw.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:11 am

yes though I would have liked to see a fit Stan v Fed.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:13 am

Tenez wrote:Yes I saw the racquet smashed to pieces.....very similar to my last racquet....3 weeks ago.
It reminds me, once when Nadal was 12 he smashed his racket, and apparently Toni got so annoyed he made Rafito stay behind for hours for extra training as punishment.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:30 am

I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is something about Stan and his tennis that leaves me cold.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:59 am

Fed seems to be absolutely loving his new racquet!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:13 am

The mighty forehand is finally back Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:28 am

Gimelstob, Carillo, and Courier talking about how beautiful and stylish the tennis is they are seeing with Fed vs. Haas compared to the mindless baselining and physicality of most players now.  
Talking about how Sampras says most tennis is just high topspin rock throwing now and they agree that it's missing the artistry they are seeing now with these two..

Now talking about how the new racquet has allowed Federer to hit the "best topspin backhands of his career"  wow- a little over the top praise literly- but they are just gushing right now...

carillo now saying how wonderful it is to see a match played based on winners and not backstops waiting for the opponenet to make an error.

love it-- could the tide be turning sentiment wise?

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:32 am

wow- and fed proving the praise is justified.

and then Haas returning with beautiful play

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:42 am

To me Haas is a bit 1D, too much baseline and doesn't mind long rallies, does he?
His groundstrokes are elegant, especially live, not in the breath-taking league,  though.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:21 am

noleisthebest wrote:To me Haas is a bit 1D, too much baseline and doesn't mind long rallies, does he?
His groundstrokes are elegant, especially live, not in the breath-taking league,  though.

Haas has all the shots though and is quite creative imo...  Some of his redirection is exceptionaly hard to do and takes real talent.

Fed really starting to elevate his form now.. He said at the beginning of the year that if he remained healthy he thought his movement and conditioning would be back to 100% by April...  As usual- he was spot on.. though I think the back has come and gone a couple of times already.   The balls still crowding him on the forehand a bit and backhand down the line isn't fully there, but he's getting close, real close to a consistent high level. Really pleased for him.

Courier who brought up at the AO and mentioned it again early this week that Federer has actually dropped MPH on his groundstrokes and serve with the new racquet- prob due to confidence in the racquet not there- reported that Federer is now averaging about 2mph more on each stroke.  HE's also hitting his backhand around 10 % more often inside the baseline than he did last year--  indicating he's taking the ball earlier and earlier...  It's coming together nicely.

Comms were absolutely gushing tonight. I've listened to Courier all the time and never has he been this giddy.. even went into a discussion about how Federer was far and above the most valuable commodity in Tennis, that he is actually underpaid on the ATP considering what he can command and turns down in Expos... sees Federer as the greatest Purist with greatest love for the sport of any great in the open era...     interesting stuff..

Too bad Stan isn't there to play Fed- would have been a great match..

btw- Stan saying in presser he still will play doubles.. I am sure Fed is going to suggest they not!!

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:45 am

Great comments from you two and the pros.....I wish I could have stayed up for that match.

Yes shame Stan injured himself. Not many can win with a bad back.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:40 am

What happened to Nole again? Was it Cilic dropping form or Djoko finally waking up?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:35 pm

Q. It's the first time you played this guy, right? How long does it take you to usually figure this guy out, or did you ever figure him out?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I honestly haven't seen him play ever before that. I got information from some other players, and my coach did preparations also for the match. You know, asked also a few players what his weaknesses and strengths are in the game.

It took me a little bit to get used to it, you know, but I thought I played really well from the start. 6 1, and then his opening few games, service games, I had break points, and then suddenly I just had a big loss of concentration and allowed him to win the second set for no reason.
=====================
There you go. I thought most of those where physical issues (and some may have still been)....but clearly here it is a mental problem.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next