Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Clash of fans EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Clash of fans EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Clash of fans EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Clash of fans EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Clash of fans EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Clash of fans EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Clash of fans EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Clash of fans EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Clash of fans EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Clash of fans

+2
noleisthebest
paulcz
6 posters

Go down

Clash of fans Empty Clash of fans

Post by paulcz Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:41 pm

Everything is simpler than it seems to be. There is and always will be a never ending clash between real true tennis fans who support the beauty of tennis based on classic, tradition, elegance and second ones, who likes an oddity, novelty, falsity. Like an analogy between conservatism against anarchism.
Regardless to how much all fans of these two sides are biased in their statements, it is obvious whose view in regard to society is harmful. Their opinion is just based on wrong assumption that everything works so good that there is no damage to sport if any player comes up with an utterly bizarre untrusty background and weirdness around him. They are not able to spot the main sport idea, which is the fairness. Due to their inability to understand the main sport principle they are not able to see negative impact on sport through a fog made of their foolish tolerance and ignorance.
Therefore I allow to say for OTF, that this forum prefer tennis authenticity against “tincel“ and hope that this principle will always prevail here and "that OTF members will defend it. For the second group I recommend to visit a circus or to see some magician gig instead of spending time by writing thoughtless weeping twaddle here.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Clash of fans Empty Re: Clash of fans

Post by noleisthebest Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:45 pm

Excellent, Paul Clash of fans 4052418255

today's tennis with all this media coverage has never been such fun for us fans. We now know so much about the players and it's very interesting to follow their careers.

I have often said Federer is the best thing that happened to tennis and Nadal - the death of tennis.
I wish Naddal fans asked why I said it, rather than get so defensive...

Now, I would like to add that Nole saved it from utter destruction. Imagine if he didn't have his 2011....would Nadal have been "injured" these 7 months....?

Last edited by noleisthebest on Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:48 pm

Fully agree Applause

Last edited by Larry Ellison on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:15 pm

yay one of them is mine!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:38 pm

artist

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:22 pm

when you say it is dangerous nitb couldn't it also be seen as wonderful?

Federer and nobody else made me love tennis but a tennis solely focused on federer. I have at times emulated djoko after a rafa aus 2012 or stan aus 2013 match over the years, just such passion and I love it.

Without feds in the sport, it won't be the same, but if I had not loved a player more than the sport perhaps I wouldn't have loved the sport nearly as much as I do!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:41 pm

luvsports! wrote:when you say it is dangerous nitb couldn't it also be seen as wonderful?

Federer and nobody else made me love tennis but a tennis solely focused on federer. I have at times emulated djoko after a rafa aus 2012 or stan aus 2013 match over the years, just such passion and I love it.

Without feds in the sport, it won't be the same, but if I had not loved a player more than the sport perhaps I wouldn't have loved the sport nearly as much as I do!

Absolutely!
Watching Federer play tennis is a beautiful experience and one can get carried away so, so easily, but get carried away safely, that's the difference. He plays by the rules and doesn't twist them to suit his selfish interests.

I am aware of how very special he is and try to watch as many of his matches as possible now as I know he won't be around for ever.

Winning is great but completely irrelevant at this stage of his career.

He is the only player I could always enjoy no matter who was on the other side of the net.

One day, I'll have to write something nice about him. He is quite inspirational and if I went to be a full on Federer fan and allowed the emotions in, it would probably leave me seriously broken-hearted at the end of his career.

So, I'm being wise Clash of fans 1071211947

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:02 pm

Couldnt agree more Paul,we need to look beyond just being a fan of a player and see the bigger picture which is the sport we all love
Players will come and go but the sport will always be there
Its futile fighting with other fans over petty stuff as it doesnt matter
I think we all need to take a step back and not let our emotions get in the way of things

Last edited by Veejay on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:11 pm

I know this isn't strictly on topic with the thread but it is still under the confines of "clash of fans".

Why is it that the aus open has had a few more incidents where fans have "clashed" with one another?

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:27 am

Yes good post Paul. It's also very important to have clash of styles though, especially classic styles versus new flashy ones. Pete v Agassi for instance (though I was not fan of either).

Typically Fed v Nadal would have been excellent and I guess was excellent for the Nadal fans. What really annoyed me about that rivalry is that I felt everything was done to allow a balanced match between 2 players when frankly it shoudl not have been balanced bar maybe on clay....if that. We know how much influence the tournament directors and slams excercised to make sure Nadal gets to the finals. He was certainly the big tickets seller and that led to give him teh best pace conds everywhere, even working out the draws in his favour. Once Fed had that Career slam, Nadal had to have his too and teh USO was slowed down ridiculously.

They turned tennis into wrestling so that they coudl give the masses what they wanted. I don;t think Nadal woudl have gone past one or 2 rounds on proper Wimby grass or even USO where it took him 6 years to finally be able to beat a seed there.

I am not going to dwell here either on the strange cut in doping tests since Nadal's arrival.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down