Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Spain fans EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Spain fans EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Spain fans EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Spain fans EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Spain fans EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Spain fans EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Spain fans EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Spain fans EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Spain fans EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Spain fans

3 posters

Go down

Spain fans Empty Spain fans

Post by paulcz Sat May 11, 2013 11:14 am

Every real tennis fan had to be disgusted watching frenetical yelling against Nole with Grigor. I have not seen anything like this. The mind boggles! Even when Czechs played with Spain DC final there was no unfair crying
during rallies and practically no applause for errors. In addition Czechs lost with Spain the DC final two years ago and we had a lot of to retaliate Spain. It is incomprehensible that fans can not appreciate the game and players ability over their hostility especially when Spain player is not on the court. It shows Spain national trait, which is to use all means in order to succeed and unfortunately that is not only case of tennis. Many sport player noticed that and their support switched from Spain to their opponents. I must also say that I did appreciate that both Germany football teams went through Spain teams at Championship league.

Spanish are not able to understand that by their stupid hatred they get a bad reputation and their sport events are going to lose the rest of credit.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Spain fans Empty Re: Spain fans

Post by Tenez Sat May 11, 2013 11:42 am

Well each crowd has its fools. I have seen very bad behaviours almost everywhere (US, France, Spain, SA etc..). I believe there was some tough incidents in Australia when Serbs and Croats were playing too. England is not so much affected as it's a pretty expensive sport there with expensive tickets for Wimbledon so it puts the social bar pretty high.....but if we were to make the sport more popular in britain and lower the ticket prices and we might have a different picture too. We know hooligans is not a spanish word.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sat May 11, 2013 12:00 pm

Tenez wrote:Well each crowd has its fools. I have seen very bad behaviours almost everywhere (US, France, Spain, SA etc..). I believe there was some tough incidents in Australia when Serbs and Croats were playing too. England is not so much affected as it's a pretty expensive sport there with expensive tickets for Wimbledon so it puts the social bar pretty high.....but if we were to make the sport more popular in britain and lower the ticket prices and we might have a different picture too. We know hooligans is not a spanish word.

Yes Ten, fools are everywhere. I appreciate tennis background for his relative pureness and "intelligence" surrounding the tennis courts. One thing is to support your favorite player and another is to be obsessed by hatred against player who does not play even against your national player. I can understand when Serbs root for their players and their team even it is sometimes a bit over usual standard, but I am sure that they would not show such a hostility against Nadal if he played in Serbia.
I have not visited a top footbal match for decent years and no miss for this. Probably the last time it was when Dortmund played with Olomouc an European cup. That is nothing for me.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat May 11, 2013 1:22 pm

paulcz wrote: I can understand when Serbs root for their players and their team even it is sometimes a bit over usual standard, but I am sure that they would not show such a hostility against Nadal if he played in Serbia.

Honestly I am not so sure. Wars prove we are all capable of the worst...so shooting against an opponent in sport does not need to be dug deep in most of us.

I have not visited a top footbal match for decent years and no miss for this. Probably the last time it was when Dortmund played with Olomouc an European cup. That is nothing for me.

Well yes football is the perfect set to unveal our wilder sides.

But look when Dimi played v Stan they were very rude and annoying too. Sometimes one just needs 20 or 40 out of 4000 to make a big noise...and those 0.5 to 1% can provide a bad reputation to the remaining 99%.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat May 11, 2013 1:44 pm

Spaniards were disgusting in that match. Full stop with no excuse. Not 1% but 90% of the stadium indulged themselves in a completely unwarranted outpouring of hatred towards Novak who happened to be a Number One player, as well.

So much so that despite his experience in that respect, Novak still couldn't help being shaken by it.

It was an exclusive, one-off Novak hate-fest, uncontrollable outburst of all the frustrations Spaniards must have had pent up over the last two years as their Hero was dethroned from his "unbeatable" clay pedestal.
And it all did start in Madrid 2011.

So, no need to brush it all under the carpet and gloss over. It was very obvious to all who don't have any hidden agenda with the Spanish.

So much so that the tournament director of Rome assured Nole that he is loved there and could rest assured there would be no repeat of Madrid.
So it's not just Nole fans that saw it for what it was.

I myself was surprised as the Spaniards as a tennis crowd were generally OK in the past, but I suppose that was while their King of clay was winning everything. Easy to put on the facade when things are going well, it's when the rubber hits the road people show their true colours.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat May 11, 2013 2:07 pm

paulcz wrote:
Spanish are not able to understand that by their stupid hatred they get a bad reputation and their sport events are going to lose the rest of credit.

Yes, and with this farce called Fuentes trial, the judge ordering the evidence of crime to be destroyed, the Spanish should and will become the symbol of cheating.

Nadal yesterday demanding of the umpire to be allowed to cheat by taking as much time between the points he needed is just another example of it.

Who does he think he is?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sat May 11, 2013 6:00 pm

Looking back at Davis cup final in2009 when Czechs played in Spain and Czech lost the first match and then Stepanek played the following second match against Ferrer and lead 2:0 in sets, there was such a hostility against Stepanek, which he has not experienced in all his life. He said that many times. I think that due to his reminiscence from Spain he found an extra energy in himself in his fifth match with Almagro in DC final last year and won it.

What Spaniards show it is disgrace in an unprecedented way. Fools are everywhere, but somewhere their concentration is infinitely high.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down