Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open

+2
Tenez
noleisthebest
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open Empty It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open

Post by noleisthebest Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:09 pm

Last edited by noleisthebest on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open Empty Re: It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open

Post by Tenez Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:09 pm

Old news!

Winking

Tenez

Back to top Go down

It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open Empty Re: It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open

Post by noleisthebest Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:10 pm

Last edited by noleisthebest on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:32 am; edited 2 times in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:16 pm

What I notice in that announcement is that Nadal does not mention the word injury, he does not even specify what the problem is.

But the announcement from the USO organiser David Brewer says even less "Rafa has informed us that he will not be ready to compete at the US Open this year and has withdrawn from the tournament. We hope to see him back on the court soon and look forward to his return to New York next year.” We would typically expect the usual "wish him prompt recovery" but none of it here bizarely. Nadal would also typically have to meet sponsors there but no mention either. Nadal is always very keen to tell us the details of his physical problems but nothing is said this time.

I seriously think there is more to it than a knee problem with which he won the FO running like a rabbit!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:18 pm

Apparently it's "something a bit different" from his usual knee injury.

PS: Can you get the Mods to delete my 'duplicate'?

Last edited by laverfan on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:18 pm

Yes the question is "how different".

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:26 pm

Last edited by noleisthebest on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeyM1000 Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:27 pm

Hurray! I'm torn between it wanting it to be a silent suspension so he gets the punishment he deserves, or an injury that will keep him off the court for a long time.

mikeyM1000

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:28 pm

Last edited by noleisthebest on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:33 am; edited 3 times in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeyM1000 Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:28 pm

It's a win-win situation!

mikeyM1000

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:29 pm

mikeyM1000 wrote:It's a win-win situation!

can't say I'm exactly heart-broken....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:46 pm

mikeyM1000 wrote:It's a win-win situation!

I would not wish ill-health on any Tennis player. Sad

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:50 pm

Last edited by noleisthebest on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:29 pm

I predicted this over a month ago. It's a sad news. Tennis is not same without Nadull. No matter how much I disliked his style of play but I am definitely missing him. There is more joy in watching him lose rather not playing at all.
I wish Nadull a speedy recovery. Bamos!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:37 pm

wow3 wrote: Tennis is not same without Nadull.
!
It certainly isn't, it's so much better !

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:47 pm

No it's not. Nadal will be missed when he retires. I disliked him for his ungamesmanship but I will miss him.

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:50 pm

wow3 wrote:No it's not. Nadal will be missed when he retires. I disliked him for his ungamesmanship but I will miss him.
what for, his humbleness?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:52 pm

No, not for that but for the competitor he has been. It was more fun to see someone beating him rather than not watching him play at all.

He brought out the best of Fed, Djoker and Murray. No? For sure smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:21 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
of course not, but I think Mikey is being a bit rhetorical here....btw, LF, do you know anything about the injury itself. I find it strange that it has not been specified, esp with all this media pressure and coverage, as well as Nadal's popularity.
I'd find it weird if Nole was injured for 3 months and I didn't know what it was.

My understanding is that it is Tendinosis. Notice the recovery time in this partial link.

elitesportstherapy.com/tendinosis-vs--tendonitis

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:28 pm

laverfan wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
of course not, but I think Mikey is being a bit rhetorical here....btw, LF, do you know anything about the injury itself. I find it strange that it has not been specified, esp with all this media pressure and coverage, as well as Nadal's popularity.
I'd find it weird if Nole was injured for 3 months and I didn't know what it was.

My understanding is that it is Tendinosis. Notice the recovery time in this partial link.

elitesportstherapy.com/tendinosis-vs--tendonitis

If that was the case, he's announce his break properly, like Delpo did, not tournament by tournament.
Even Fed chose to come out and raise his eyebrows....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeyM1000 Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:40 pm

wow3 wrote:No it's not. Nadal will be missed when he retires. I disliked him for his ungamesmanship but I will miss him.

Ungamesmanship - is that a word? you mean you didn't like his uncheating?

mikeyM1000

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:15 pm

Such announcements are controlled by a PR juggernaut. Winking

There is also the question of timing for tourneys to make appropriate arrangements.

This is very unlike a post-match press conference.

Federer's concerns are very legitimate. After Borg left, McEnroe felt the vacuum very acutely.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:35 pm

laverfan wrote:Such announcements are controlled by a PR juggernaut. Winking

There is also the question of timing for tourneys to make appropriate arrangements.

Federer's concerns are very legitimate. After Borg left, McEnroe felt the vacuum very acutely.

I don't buy into any of that. Frankly, I don't believe anything Nadal camp serves out. I'm not even missing Nadal.
I am just hoping that if he is doping he gets punished and stripped of the stuff he won while he did it. Not covered up for the sake of sponsors $$$.
No player should be bigger than the sport.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:43 pm

Mikey, I didn't realise that I will be checked on my grammar and use of dictionary. I hope you got the meaning what I was trying to say. English is not my first language.

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:48 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

I don't buy into any of that. Frankly, I don't believe anything Nadal camp serves out. I'm not even missing Nadal.
I am just hoping that if he is doping he gets punished and stripped of the stuff he won while he did it. Not covered up for the sake of sponsors $$$.

Yes, if he is doping he will be punished. Have you considered the possibility that he is not on any enhancement regimens?

I agree that no player should be bigger than the sport, but some do represent the sport to the masses. Winking

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:13 pm

laverfan wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Yes, if he is doping he will be punished. Have you considered the possibility that he is not on any enhancement regimens?

I agree that no player should be bigger than the sport, but some do represent the sport to the masses. Winking

I am not sure he will be punished at all, just like Agassi wasn't. Just like all those sprinters (except Johnson )in the 100m Seoul race weren't either.
As Tenez said well in his first comment on the topic, might is right, and dollar rules the ethics.

There has been too much stuff covering Nadal up in the past, and even recently with that French clip.

I've never been the type to sit on the fence and neither am I in Nadal's case .

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:59 pm

Im just wondering,if the PRP treatments worked before,why aren't they working this time round?

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:14 pm

Is it possible that the ligaments are not under as much strain on clay due to the slidding but become a killer on HC? It makes sense. However I am surprised however that it is on grass (slippery surface as well) that the problem reappeared. We have known that for ever but maybe it is becoming more the case now with the added wear and tear.

I also very surprised by that early decision to pull out. He can play Wimbledon and then suddenly he can't play at all? anywhere?

Too many questions as ever when it comes to Nadal.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:36 pm

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:47 pm

Sloane Stephens is another budding American WTA tennis "star"

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:49 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Sloane Stephens is another budding American WTA tennis "star"

Using every PR stunt available apart from her game to become a star? hmm

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:24 pm

Veejay wrote:Interesting article from the NY times
nytimes.com/2012/08/16/sports/tennis/rafael-nadal-withdraws-from-us-open.html?_r=2

This is much more specific....

From another forum...

According to "El País" ( deportes.elpais.com/deportes/2012/08/15/actualidad/1345045933_297181.html ), it's

"una lesión en el tendón rotuliano de la rodilla izquierda"

"Toni Nadal hace unos minutos en @esportsib3tv : "Rafel no está en condiciones y no sabemos cuando lo estará"
Toni Nadal: "Intentaremos llegar a la Davis, pero si no está bien, pues tampoco la jugará"
Toni Nadal en @esportsib3tv : "Pensábamos que se recuperaría antes, pero se está alargando. Tiene una cosa nueva en la rodilla"

Tenez can help with translation, I presume.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:30 pm

I've seen that bit translated, Nothing very new. Did you see the article from NY Times ? (Veejay, provided the link on another thread I think)

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:37 pm

laverfan wrote:
Veejay wrote:Interesting article from the NY times
nytimes.com/2012/08/16/sports/tennis/rafael-nadal-withdraws-from-us-open.html?_r=2

This is much more specific....

From another forum...

According to "El País" ( deportes.elpais.com/deportes/2012/08/15/actualidad/1345045933_297181.html ), it's

"una lesión en el tendón rotuliano de la rodilla izquierda"

"Toni Nadal hace unos minutos en @esportsib3tv : "Rafel no está en condiciones y no sabemos cuando lo estará"
Toni Nadal: "Intentaremos llegar a la Davis, pero si no está bien, pues tampoco la jugará"
Toni Nadal en @esportsib3tv : "Pensábamos que se recuperaría antes, pero se está alargando. Tiene una cosa nueva en la rodilla"

Tenez can help with translation, I presume.

The most specific part translating the above has to be the fact that they are claiming it to be "an injury to the patellar tendon in his left knee"
None of the other mainstream news outlets have given anything more then "tendonitis" or "knee injury"

Last edited by Veejay on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Yes, it has nothing new. :(. It does not even have Toni's statements to El Pais. So much for reporting accuracy.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:38 pm

Veejay wrote:The most specific part has to be the fact that they are claiming it to be "an injury to the patellar tendon in his left knee"
None of the other mainstream news outlets have given anything more then "tendonitis" or "knee injury"

Precisely my point. Our posts crossed. :(

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeyM1000 Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:39 pm

If it came from Uncle Toni, they probably figured it was more accurate NOT to print it!

mikeyM1000

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:43 pm

Mikey.. but you know how Toni talks too much. Remember the 'coaching' fine @ W. :D

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:58 pm

Heres something even more interesting
Apparently Nadal's publicist claims the injury/knee/tendonitis rumours are false and Nadal just withdrew because he isnt in optimal shape right now

http://www.welovetennis.fr/rafael-nadal/54207-rafa-nadal-n-est-pas-blesse

Translated by Google :

The publicist Rafael Nadal, Benito Barbadillo denied the words of Dr. Sanchez who stated a few weeks ago that Nadal was still suffering from tendonitis in both knees.

"Rafa Nadal is not hurt. Rafa has not participated in the Olympics and tournaments in Toronto and Cincinnati because it is not in optimal physical condition. The information circulating on the internet on his knee injury are not true. "

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:07 pm

That's amazing!
Well dug out Veejay It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open 1071211947

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:22 pm

noleisthebest wrote:That's amazing!
Well dug out Veejay It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open 1071211947

So much inconsistent and conflicting information
Nadals personal Dr claiming he was suffering fro a knee injury,now his publicist says he was never injured,even though the Nadal camp blamed his loss to Rosol on his knees

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:16 pm

Heres a pic for you NITB..you will love it...!!
Apparently the pic was taken at this years Wimbledon
Take a close look at his left knee Big Grin:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/05ZLdm3a3E3b9/800x.jpg

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:02 pm

Veejay wrote:Heres something even more interesting
Apparently Nadal's publicist claims the injury/knee/tendonitis rumours are false and Nadal just withdrew because he isnt in optimal shape right now

Translated by Google :

The publicist Rafael Nadal, Benito Barbadillo denied the words of Dr. Sanchez who stated a few weeks ago that Nadal was still suffering from tendonitis in both knees.

"Rafa Nadal is not hurt. Rafa has not participated in the Olympics and tournaments in Toronto and Cincinnati because it is not in optimal physical condition. The information circulating on the internet on his knee injury are not true. "

Interesting but how serious are those sources?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:09 pm

Tenez wrote:
Veejay wrote:Heres something even more interesting

Translated by Google :

Interesting but how serious are those sources?

Dont know,its from a French website

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:33 pm

Veejay wrote:Heres a pic for you NITB..you will love it...!!
Apparently the pic was taken at this years Wimbledon
Take a close look at his left knee It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open 364988687

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/05ZLdm3a3E3b9/800x.jpg

Yikes, this photo should be rated!!!!
After a considerable recovery and many yuks in the process, I can see three little pinprick dots.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:52 pm

Tenez wrote:Interesting but how serious are those sources?

You mean trustworthy. IMVHO, pure rumours. Like the Scott Williams article stolen from his laptop. :laugh:

PS: I had much rather trust El Pais. Why not check l'Equipe for the same statement? :chin:

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:57 pm

I think I'm going to hop over to THE source of all things Nadal It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open 1071211947

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:01 am

Just came back It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open 650269930
It was worth it, as usual
http://www.wooffiesrafaramblings.com/

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:17 am

noleisthebest wrote:Just came back It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open 650269930
It was worth it, as usual
http://www.wooffiesrafaramblings.com/

Shes just pissed cause she hasnt been able to use her little vibrating toy over the summer :<laugh>: :<wah>: :<laugh>:
Jokes aside..pretty much says what everywhere is saying

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:17 am

CNN Espanol and Berbadillo echo the same statement as Toni. The French website that Veejay references has unreliable information.

His representative, Benito Perez-Barbadillo, confirmed the absence of the player due to the same knee problems that forced him to withdraw the Spanish Olympic team tennis. This injury had prevented Nadal participate in the latest Wimbledon.

cnnespanol.cnn.com/2012/08/15/rafa-nadal-se-perdera-el-abierto-de-estados-unidos-de-tenis/

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next