Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Nadal gives up US open EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Nadal gives up US open EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Nadal gives up US open EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Nadal gives up US open EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Nadal gives up US open EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Nadal gives up US open EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Nadal gives up US open EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Nadal gives up US open EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Nadal gives up US open EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Nadal gives up US open

+3
Tenez
noleisthebest
paulcz
7 posters

Go down

Nadal gives up US open Empty Nadal gives up US open

Post by paulcz Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:26 pm

A good news for all other players and for true fans. This USO is going to be quite open also in regard to current results  Bubbly 

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Nadal gives up US open Empty Re: Nadal gives up US open

Post by noleisthebest Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:36 pm

Thanks for bringing that wonderful piece of news, Paul!  Nadal gives up US open 3755116760
The only question now is how long is the post-Wimbledon injury going to last.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:45 pm

Did he get the FO drug tests released again during Wimbledon? Is he again asked not to play?

Why has he gone injured every single year of the last 10 years around the calendar but NEVER during the clay season?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:06 pm

Nadal and his "silent" injuries are fascinating.

He's had years (clay season excluded) of knee injuries. The climax was 2012 where it took him 7 months to heal them completely with no surgery. The notorious "fat" in the knee cap it was. His team was releasing announcements every two weeks. In hindsight, we didn't have a clue he was going to be absent for 7 months.

Now, we have a new injury - the wrist.
Personally, I am amazed how he's got a wrist at all knowing how hard he whips the ball every single time...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:45 pm

Great stuff.  Although, this time, it might actually be a real injury.  I dunno.  At least we don't have to suffer the farce of "career ending" injuries that make him play better.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:48 pm

paulcz wrote:A good news for all other players and for true fans. This USO is going to be quite open also in regard to current results  Bubbly 

hopefully he doesnt come back at all...

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:02 pm

The nadal fans are already putting an asterisk on the title if Fed wins it- pathetic.

I see this as only good news for tennis.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:03 pm

truffin1 wrote:The nadal fans are already putting an asterisk on the title if Fed wins it- pathetic.

They are assuming their beloved would even reach Federer.... he consistently falls short off clay.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:25 pm

The potential beauty of this beyond us open is of fed can get to #2 by year end. That potentially starts putting nadal into semi encounters with djokovic again which could be huge at the AO- especially for Feds chances.
Granted the last time nadal was out of top 2, the draws magically put him on the opposite side of djoko 90% if the time, but maybe "luck of the draw" reverts this time.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:12 pm

truffin1 wrote:The potential beauty of this beyond us open is of fed can get to #2 by year end.  That potentially starts putting nadal into semi encounters with djokovic again which could be huge at the AO-  especially  for Feds chances.
Granted the last time nadal was out of top 2, the draws magically put him on the opposite side of djoko 90% if the time,  but maybe "luck of the draw" reverts this time.

has anyone actually seen nadal with this "cast" on his wrist?  Laugh

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:20 pm

You know...I'm even starting to think the theory I had was right.  That Nadal simply cannot stand losing, and has to come up with these things to save face.  It sounds completely bonkers, but maybe it's true.  It's very suspicious these injuries happen after a big loss.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:51 pm

correct me if i am wrong but i dont believe nadal has ever defended anything off clay,and as you pointed out,most of the times he has withdrawn from a tournament,it came after a big loss
if he isnt back on tour by london then i believe that there is far more to it then what is being reported

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:52 pm

Veejay wrote:
truffin1 wrote:The potential beauty of this beyond us open is of fed can get to #2 by year end.  That potentially starts putting nadal into semi encounters with djokovic again which could be huge at the AO-  especially  for Feds chances.
Granted the last time nadal was out of top 2, the draws magically put him on the opposite side of djoko 90% if the time,  but maybe "luck of the draw" reverts this time.

has anyone actually seen nadal with this "cast" on his wrist?  Laugh

I did...but then again Nadal's fan base doesn't know you can't go and train with it as Nadal seemed to have.
I think we are in for another silent ban period, just don't know how long.
I am not complaining, though.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:59 pm

truffin1 wrote:The nadal fans are already putting an asterisk on the title if Fed wins it- pathetic.

I am shared on this actually. I wish Nadal could play. I find it frustrating that he refuses to play when not 110%. Federer did not fancy playing Cincy and felt close to retire before it started but gave it a go as he was not scared of losing a match. He learnt from that experience....

..whereas nadal knows that he has 0 chance without using every single drop of energy and sweat he has in him.

I wish he could take losses in the chin. We should consider all his retirement as losses as they are in fact the result of his gruelling game...and not bad luck.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:16 pm

I suppose the closest we'll have witnessed Nadal below his 110% is indoor seasons and the fact that he never won the WTF.
That says a lot.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:41 pm

I think for sure he's capable of playing now, but he won't take the loss.    Anything beyond the French is iffy for him anyway-  he knows he has to be either 100% and hitting his perfect cycle to win off clay.. 1 non clay major since 2010 tells us that!  He'd rather duck the field than take more losses.  It gives me hope he won't play into his later years. I doubt he goes the Federer path of playing in his later years trying to pick up a Major every once in awhile.  He won't be able to stand the mental fatigue of taking losses for long stretches.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:35 pm

I'm guessing Nadal also wants the WTF.  His Uncle Moron is always making a song and dance about it not being on clay.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnleaf Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:51 pm

FedererKing wrote:You know...I'm even starting to think the theory I had was right.  That Nadal simply cannot stand losing, and has to come up with these things to save face.  It sounds completely bonkers, but maybe it's true.  It's very suspicious these injuries happen after a big loss.

I doubt that theory, because his loss at Wimbledon didn't prevent him from sweeping the US Open series 2013. Not sure whether it's a real injury this time, but the conflicting news about his "treatments" with growth hormones factors, make me doubt that too. It looks like a bid for a TUE to me which he might not have got after that PR disaster. And it seems like he planned to win the USO when he announced that he works again on his miraculous serve.  Laugh But that didn't work out in the end and tbh, I don't think we'll see him until AO next year again. smiley

Autumnleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down