Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Why did Djokovic miss that volley on match point? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Why did Djokovic miss that volley on match point? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Why did Djokovic miss that volley on match point? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Why did Djokovic miss that volley on match point? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Why did Djokovic miss that volley on match point? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Why did Djokovic miss that volley on match point? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Why did Djokovic miss that volley on match point? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Why did Djokovic miss that volley on match point? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Why did Djokovic miss that volley on match point? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Why did Djokovic miss that volley on match point?

5 posters

Go down

Why did Djokovic miss that volley on match point? Empty Why did Djokovic miss that volley on match point?

Post by N2D2L Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:09 pm

It seems bizarre... his serve was perfect, and he came in for an easy volley that even Nadal's mum could have put away... yet somehow he hit it wide.

The ball was at slow pace, and Djokovic had the whole open court to tap it into.

Why did he miss?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Why did Djokovic miss that volley on match point? Empty Re: Why did Djokovic miss that volley on match point?

Post by Polly 81 Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:48 pm

It was quite a high ball though wasn't it. He just got the angle wrong on the ball.
He saw Wawrinka running to the other side and misjudged. Pressure, panic? Too much time to think?
Why? What's your theory?

Polly 81

Back to top Go down

Why did Djokovic miss that volley on match point? Empty Re: Why did Djokovic miss that volley on match point?

Post by N2D2L Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:49 pm

Polly 81 wrote:It was quite a high ball though wasn't it. He just got the angle wrong on the ball.
He saw Wawrinka running to the other side and misjudged. Pressure, panic? Too much time to think?
Why? What's your theory?
I'm not sure, it's bizarre.

He got to the ball comfortably, I don't think he could have asked for an easier put away.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly 81 Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:58 pm

Maybe. It was like an overhead wasn't it. I don't like overheads, especially when they linger in the air, makes me tense. They seem easy, but then players tend to miss the easy ones, hence the 'oohs' from the crowd.

Polly 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:20 am

Well this again is much linked to the point I made in the other thread about Fed and Nadal stats!

Same story again...attacking on pressure points.....not something many can do. In fact Nadal, Djoko and Murray usually don't and have all 3 opted to retrieve and defend on those key points.....for the simple reason that under pressure it's easier to concentrate on retrieving a ball than find a line with a ball. That's not the case when relaxed on a club session but having to produce winners under pressure is something only the best can do...in fact only the champion relying on their attacking skills.

Djoko would not have missed that volley had he been 2 sets to love up and MP for him....but MP against him....is a different story. Remember Nadal when he had that easy FH to put away in that AO 12 final v Djoko even with a break up in the 5th? That's what pressure does....and these guys don't even try to aim for lines.

One day people will realise that the toughest mentally of them all was actually Federer cause he won 17 slams....attacking going for his shots...under the heaviest pressure. It took me a while to realise that but now it crystal clear.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:27 am

I've addressed the point you've made on another thread, address that rebuttal instead of constantly repeating it. (You did not reply to my FO 2013 stats, or the Nadal analysis of USO final)

Away from Fedal, and back on topic for this thread, why do you think Djokovic missed this... Yet in 2010 and 2011 made those amazing match point saves? (And don't reply by making another point about Nadal which I've responded to, but you haven't responded back; that's getting irritating).

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:34 am

It's called pressure, fatigue, and sport.  It happens.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:50 am

He missed it because stuff happens.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down