Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
What is the highest quality Nadal-Djokovic match?  EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
What is the highest quality Nadal-Djokovic match?  EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
What is the highest quality Nadal-Djokovic match?  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
What is the highest quality Nadal-Djokovic match?  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
What is the highest quality Nadal-Djokovic match?  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
What is the highest quality Nadal-Djokovic match?  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
What is the highest quality Nadal-Djokovic match?  EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
What is the highest quality Nadal-Djokovic match?  EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
What is the highest quality Nadal-Djokovic match?  EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

What is the highest quality Nadal-Djokovic match?

3 posters

Go down

What is the highest quality Nadal-Djokovic match?  Empty What is the highest quality Nadal-Djokovic match?

Post by N2D2L Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:34 pm

Where both players have played well and it's left you at the edge of your seat.

For me this is the top 5 matches, but as a Nadal fan I will have to try and be as objective as I can:

1/ Montreal 2013:
Nadal 6-4 3-6 7-6 Djokovic

I mean, who can forget that shot from Nadal at 2:10-

2/ French Open 2013:
Nadal 6-4 3-6 6-1 6-7 9-7 Djokovic

3/ Australian Open 2012:
Djokovic 5-7 6-4 6-2 6-7 7-5 Nadal

4/ Madrid Open 2009:
Nadal 3-6 7-6 (7-5) 7-6 (11-9) Djokovic

5/ Miami Final 2011:
Djokovic bt Nadal 4-6 6-3 7-6

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

What is the highest quality Nadal-Djokovic match?  Empty Re: What is the highest quality Nadal-Djokovic match?

Post by noleisthebest Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:52 pm

The scary thing is that they have already played 38 times....
I have probably seen many of those matches, especially the early ones.

Nadal inflicted some bruising losses to Nole in 2008, Madrid, Queens, Bejing.

Those were the days before my discovery of that wonderful piece of furniture called SOFA,  the space behind it to be more precise....

I was so stressed out watching the match in Queens, a boil turned up on my face, just under my right eye.
I have never had that before and thought it was just a spot, which I squeezed, infected....and as a result had to wear huge sunglasses, I looked like a freak for a week!!!!

That taught me a lesson...

I think the highest quality matches between the two were those which Nole won by thrashing Nadal, that first set in Monte Carlo this year was good.
I particularly loved all Nole's wins over Nadal in 2011 the ultimate standout one has to be the Madrid final, that was awesome, Rome which followed the week after was just as good.
The AO final I never watched except the last few points, but did see some highlights, that was a great win as well.

Tennis between the two has never produced any quality, though.
Drama on the other hand - plenty!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

What is the highest quality Nadal-Djokovic match?  Empty Re: What is the highest quality Nadal-Djokovic match?

Post by noleisthebest Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:57 pm

Most memorable/iconic image of Djokovic-Nadal rivalry:

What is the highest quality Nadal-Djokovic match?  788947-120130-novak-djokovic

and my favourite Nole clip of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plbomcLe1rI

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:05 pm

And to finish my point, I am very proud of Nole who is the only player of the current generation to have found the way of stopping the rot of Nadal rampaging through tennis history books.
Just imagine the horror if Nole didn't have that 2011, Nadal would have had 16 slams now...probably even more because he would not have taken 7 moths off to lick his wounds...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:23 pm

For me Nadal and Djokovic can produce amazing, lung busting tennis, covering every inch of the court. But a lot of the time their matches have sets that are nothing special before drama right at the end or near enough to it.

For instance the matches you speak of in the slams. The aus open match was nothing special for at least 3 of the sets, it only got interesting when nadal saved those 3 break points and came back.
French Open 2013. Starts off pretty fierce then dies out a bit with nole going walkabout before a great 5th set. 

I know it is difficult to produce good tennis for a whole match but i just feel their matches are overhyped on quality as they are so long.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:41 pm

noleisthebest:
I think the highest quality matches between the two were those which Nole won by thrashing Nadal,
It's kind of easy to say that as a Djokovic fan though Winking
I tried not to list just Nadal victories, but matches where it's been really close.

noleisthebest:
I was so stressed out watching the match in Queens, a boil turned up on my face, just under my right eye.
I have never had that before and thought it was just a spot, which I squeezed, infected....and as a result had to wear huge sunglasses, I looked like a freak for a week!!!!

That taught me a lesson...
This must explain why you don't like Nadal !!!

noleisthebest:
Tennis between the two has never produced any quality, though.
French Open 5th set? Nadal hit nearly double the winners of Djokovic, and Djokovic was playing pretty aggressive- that whole set was incredible quality.
Montreal 3rd set? Watch the link !!

noleisthebest:
The scary thing is that they have already played 38 times....
Nadal leads the H2H overall, not sure what the margin is though. I think 4 matches up or so.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:43 pm

LuvSports:
French Open 2013. Starts off pretty fierce then dies out a bit with nole going walkabout before a great 5th set. 

I know it is difficult to produce good tennis for a whole match but i just feel their matches are overhyped on quality as they are so long.
It was only the second set where Nole went walkabout. 
Montreal 2013 barely had any dips at all though, they also both played very very aggressively, hit the ball with great pace and were constantly hitting the lines.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:38 am

Hence why I said in the slams.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:42 am

luvsports! wrote:Hence why I said in the slams.
Aus Open 2012?
Nadal dipped very slightly in the third set, but he didn't play that badly even there.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:42 am

In general though I think we may be being a bit harsh, over 5 sets it's very difficult for there to be no dips at all Winking

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:24 am

I explained both those points in my post.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:29 am

Fair enough, didn't say I was disagreed Winking

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down