Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

davis  GOAT  

Latest topics
» World Tour Finals 2017
Today at 6:58 pm by Jahu

» This Is What A Feminist Looks Like
Today at 6:41 pm by bogbrush

» Any rugby fans?
Yesterday at 7:45 pm by Tenez

» Nadal whines over surface match ups with Federer in 2017
Yesterday at 4:41 pm by Jahu

» The doping program joke of the ITF!!!
Yesterday at 11:51 am by legendkillar

» Anyone want to swap a day ticket on Monday for Sunday??
Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:33 am by Tenez

» So what's your projections for 2018?
Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:26 am by summerblues

» Race to London
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:27 am by Tenez

» Baby WTF - Next-Gen ATP Finals 2017
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:32 am by noleisthebest

November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Wimbledon Day 4

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:08 pm

Rubi squanders the break.

He doesn't have a percentage bone in jis body, that's the problem.

Again, could be easily fixed with a good coach.

I am not expecting him to win this, such a shame and a waste of great opportunity he waited and worked for such a long time.


noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:21 pm

Rubi's got top 3 fhdtl.

He strikes it sublimely. Flat as a pancake.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by Emancipator on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:26 pm

Wow Fed looks tight.

Emancipator

Posts : 579
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by Jahu on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:29 pm

Wtf is going on, first must wait 3h for girls to finish, now Fed broken and breaks back.

Needs a glass of water on his face to wake him up a little and finish this in quick 3.

Jahu

Posts : 2040
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by Emancipator on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:29 pm

This should be the perfect match for Fed to get into his baseline groove.

Emancipator

Posts : 579
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by Jahu on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:31 pm

Some S&V groove would be good too.

Jahu

Posts : 2040
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by Emancipator on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:45 pm

The Neo BH is looking a bit retro today.

Emancipator

Posts : 579
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:45 pm

Duci SBH pride of Serbia! diva

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:46 pm

Watching two matches at once, Rubi claws TB back being 2:6 down in it!!!!

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by Jahu on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:47 pm

Fed rusty, sure Lajo being a doubles player, knows net play.

Come on crush himm nowwww

Jahu

Posts : 2040
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:47 pm

Watching two matches at once, Rubi claws TB back being 2:6 down in it!!!!

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by Jahu on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:49 pm

Fed sucking some swiss alps milk.

Jahu

Posts : 2040
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by Emancipator on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:50 pm

Federer very rusty so far.

Emancipator

Posts : 579
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by Veejay on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:56 pm

federer moving up  gear in the tie break but really slow start in the first set

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by Emancipator on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:57 pm

Damn, Federer producing an amazing tie break

Emancipator

Posts : 579
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by Veejay on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:03 pm

Emancipator wrote:Damn, Federer producing an amazing tie break
it was over before it even started,its amazing how he changes the pace that a match is being played at when he moves up a gear
suddenly his opponent cant keep up and looks out of depth

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by Jahu on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:10 pm

Guess up tp TB warm up, then crush him

Jahu

Posts : 2040
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by luvsports! on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:12 pm

Ouch

luvsports!

Posts : 4073
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by Veejay on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:17 pm

the match looks like it has turned into a practise session for roger

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by Emancipator on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:29 pm

This hasn't been sharp - gonna have to play himself into form.

Emancipator

Posts : 579
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by Veejay on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:32 pm

he is wining pretty comfortably but a lot of schoolboy errors

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by gallery play on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:43 pm

When you look at a match like this, you'll realize Federer will never play his absolute A game under these conditions. 
With a decent ball on grass you'll get a lot of 1-2 punch rallies, and Federer will shine. On a fast-medium pace HC Federer can excel, like at the AO. But with this ball it is neither fish nor fowl. There's isn't any evidence of a neo backhand because he can't simply hit it like on a HC.

A problem could be that in the last few rounds players like Murray/NAdal/Djoko will not go out against Federer to play better than Federer, they will just make sure Fed suffers under the conditions.

Grass used to be the surface the handy talented players could make a mark on, it's no longer the case at Wimbledon. It's a playground for grinders, just like it is on clay.

gallery play

Posts : 2213
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by gallery play on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:54 pm

Federer "i was struggling to get rid of the nerves.."

Only human

gallery play

Posts : 2213
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by Veejay on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:55 pm

gallery play wrote:When you look at a match like this, you'll realize Federer will never play his absolute A game under these conditions. 
With a decent ball on grass you'll get a lot of 1-2 punch rallies, and Federer will shine. On a fast-medium pace HC Federer can excel, like at the AO. But with this ball it is neither fish nor fowl. There's isn't any evidence of a neo backhand because he can't simply hit it like on a HC.

A problem could be that in the last few rounds players like Murray/NAdal/Djoko will not go out against Federer to play better than Federer, they will just make sure Fed suffers under the conditions.

Grass used to be the surface the handy talented players could make a mark on, it's no longer the case at Wimbledon. It's a playground for grinders, just like it is on clay.
you dont think that he can or you dont think that the conditions will allow him to
i dont expect him to play his absolute best against such an opponent,but its good to see that he has the ability to raise his game when it matters like the first set tie break 
that was pretty spectacular 
roger saying he was feeling very nervous today in the first set 
strange to hear him say that

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by gallery play on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:59 pm

I don't think the conditions allow him to play his best. The conditions do him more wrong than good, which should't be the case on grass.

gallery play

Posts : 2213
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by Veejay on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:03 pm

gallery play wrote:I don't think the conditions allow him to play his best. The conditions do him more wrong than good, which should't be the case on grass.
its a sad state of affairs if thats the analysis people are having about the best grass court player of the last 15 or so years 
the grass does him more harm then good...
well if its any consolation,roger did win madrid on the blue clay  Laugh

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by gallery play on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:08 pm

Veejay wrote:
gallery play wrote:I don't think the conditions allow him to play his best. The conditions do him more wrong than good, which should't be the case on grass.
its a sad state of affairs if thats the analysis people are having about the best grass court player of the last 15 or so years 
the grass does him more harm then good...
well if its any consolation,roger did win madrid on the blue clay  Laugh
You don't understand. The conditions at Wimbledon changed considerably through the years.
Compare this match with second round match at the AO and tell me in which match he played better.

gallery play

Posts : 2213
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by Veejay on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:11 pm

gallery play wrote:
Veejay wrote:
gallery play wrote:I don't think the conditions allow him to play his best. The conditions do him more wrong than good, which should't be the case on grass.
its a sad state of affairs if thats the analysis people are having about the best grass court player of the last 15 or so years 
the grass does him more harm then good...
well if its any consolation,roger did win madrid on the blue clay  Laugh
You don't understand. The conditions at Wimbledon changed considerably through the years.
Compare this match with second round match at the AO and tell me in which match he played better.
no i do understand,the grass shouldnt be doing especially him more harm then good
the reference to the blue clay was only a joke to prove that he can win on any surface no matter how much it has been changed

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by Jahu on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:13 pm

Slow grass or big ball, so far Fed ain't looking leathal. Maybe second week more loose.

Jahu

Posts : 2040
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by gallery play on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:14 pm

Indeed Thumbs Up
Now i understand your comment about the blue clay. Spot on. They removed it instantly Winking

gallery play

Posts : 2213
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:54 pm

gallery play wrote:Federer "i was struggling to get rid of the nerves.."

Only human
That's the cost of him putting all eggs in Wimbledin basket.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:58 pm

gallery play wrote:When you look at a match like this, you'll realize Federer will never play his absolute A game under these conditions. 
With a decent ball on grass you'll get a lot of 1-2 punch rallies, and Federer will shine. On a fast-medium pace HC Federer can excel, like at the AO. But with this ball it is neither fish nor fowl. There's isn't any evidence of a neo backhand because he can't simply hit it like on a HC.

A problem could be that in the last few rounds players like Murray/NAdal/Djoko will not go out against Federer to play better than Federer, they will just make sure Fed suffers under the conditions.

Grass used to be the surface the handy talented players could make a mark on, it's no longer the case at Wimbledon. It's a playground for grinders, just like it is on clay.

Agree completely.

Wimbledon sucks. Most of talented players are out already.

Wilmbledon is now the kingdom of muscle and percentage.

I only saw a few points but Fed looked same as last year. BH was a worry.

Amazing  what conditions can do to talent. I fell sorry for him.

He may still win it but it's going to be hard work.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by Veejay on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:24 pm

medvedev fined $14,500 for his behaviour 
tomic fined $15,000 for admitting to abusing a medical time out cause he didnt feel like playing 
he has also been dropped by a sponsor because of that

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by Jahu on Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:24 pm

“I feel holding a trophy or, you know, doing well — it doesn’t satisfy me anymore,” Tomic said Tuesday. “It’s not there. I couldn’t care less if I make a fourth round (at the) U.S. Open or I lose (in the) first round. To me, everything is the same. I’m going to play another 10 years, and I know after my career I won’t have to work again.”


Classic words of the son of a dumb father, what a disgrace.

Jahu

Posts : 2040
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:27 am

Clearly cutting the grass to 8mm instead of 9mm had their desired effect to slow the court...us the dry conds. A real shame.

Tenez

Posts : 17363
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by Veejay on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:51 am

Jahu wrote:“I feel holding a trophy or, you know, doing well — it doesn’t satisfy me anymore,” Tomic said Tuesday. “It’s not there. I couldn’t care less if I make a fourth round (at the) U.S. Open or I lose (in the) first round. To me, everything is the same. I’m going to play another 10 years, and I know after my career I won’t have to work again.”


Classic words of the son of a dumb father, what a disgrace.
a lot of people make that mistake assuming that things are guaranteed 
many NFL players are already bankrupt by a certain age but thats usually mainly down to excessive spending 
some people make bad investment choices too,but ultimately the economics of being hit by another global recession could ruin tomics retirement fund or prospects

its actually being reported that tomic was hit with a $19,725 fine
the racquet sponsor who dropped him was Head 
interesting that Head dropped tomic over his bored comments but stuck with Sharapova during her doping ban
i think that he needs to take a break from the tour,maybe that will help him rediscover the reasons why he wanted to become a pro player in the first place

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 4

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum