Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The Open Championship
Yesterday at 8:51 pm by noleisthebest

» Djokovic's greatest triumph
Yesterday at 8:37 pm by noleisthebest

» FIFA World Cup, Russia 2018
Yesterday at 8:37 am by legendkillar

» Castle needs sacking. And so does Becker.
Yesterday at 8:25 am by legendkillar

» An insider's guide to the Wimbledon queue!
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:43 pm by Jahu

» Shot clock
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:10 am by bogbrush

» Men's final prediction
Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:35 am by summerblues

» World Cup final croatia vs senegal
Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:43 pm by asperger

» Men's semi final
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:30 pm by Daniel

July 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Wimbledon Day 1

Go down

Wimbledon Day 1

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:50 pm

Order of play is out:

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/scores/schedule/pdf/schedulePDF8.pdf



Bogbrush, I am envious!!!

You are going to see two beautiful men's matches on CC, all 4 players SBH-ers!
Federer-Lajovic
Wawrinka-Dimitrov

Enjoy and don't forget to write a detailed report!

noleisthebest

Posts : 27214
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by bogbrush on Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:47 pm

Yep, thanks nitb, just going to head off to London, staying overnight for a stress free early visit.

Looking forward to seeing the man, though of course now looking at how good Lajovuc recent form is and their very competitive 1st set last year!!

The last match is a huge, huge bonus. 1st round! Hope to get some good day 1 outside court action too.

Report will follow on Tuesday. smiley

bogbrush

Posts : 2260
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by Tenez on Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:41 pm

I will be there on Weds...court 1. Anyone else there?

Tenez

Posts : 19315
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by bogbrush on Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:13 pm

Also I get to see the lovely Coroline. Mrs Bogbrush will be sitting next to me so I’d better behave.

bogbrush

Posts : 2260
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:01 pm

bogbrush wrote:Yep, thanks nitb, just going to head off to London, staying overnight for a stress free early visit.

Looking forward to seeing the man, though of course now looking at how good Lajovuc recent form is and their very competitive 1st set last year!!

The last match is a huge, huge bonus. 1st round! Hope to get some good day 1 outside court action too.

Report will follow on Tuesday. smiley

Cool!

You are really lucky this year to get two great matches on day one, usually they are one-sided borefests.
I hope my man Duci does us Serbs proud, he is a top lad!
What an honour to play against Maestro on the opening day on CC.

See if you can catch Tsitsipas, he is on outside courts.

And don't forget to toast to OTF with pimms! Bubbly

noleisthebest

Posts : 27214
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by Tenez on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:25 am

It's bizare that just by reaching the 4th round Nadal will retain his number 1 title, regardless of Federer winning the whole thing.

It was not smart from Fed to play the whole of Stuttgart....or bad luck lose that first set v Coric. Anyway, Fed is the unluckiest champ I know.

Tenez

Posts : 19315
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by barrystar on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:30 am

Here's a question - for someone like Lajovic who has never really done anything on tour, is playing the defending champion on CC first match in R1 at Wimbleldon a nice occasion which he'll be pleased he has stored in the memory banks of his career, or is it something he'd rather avoid because of the strong likelihood he'll go out?

If he has ambition it should be the latter - two rounds on the outside courts are better than only one wherever - but what do people think?

barrystar

Posts : 545
Join date : 2017-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:35 am

barrystar wrote:Here's a question - for someone like Lajovic who has never really done anything on tour, is playing the defending champion on CC first match in R1 at Wimbleldon a nice occasion which he'll be pleased he has stored in the memory banks of his career, or is it something he'd rather avoid because of the strong likelihood he'll go out?

If he has ambition it should be the latter - two rounds on the outside courts are better than only one wherever - but what do people think?

It boils down to whether you prefer to collects moments or things.

For me, it's moments.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27214
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:37 am

Tenez wrote:It's bizare that just by reaching the 4th round Nadal will retain his number 1 title, regardless of Federer winning the whole thing.

It was not smart from Fed to play the whole of Stuttgart....or bad luck lose that first set v Coric. Anyway, Fed is the unluckiest champ I know.
I'd rather be unluckiest champ with the luck of talent he was given than the other way round.
Or maybe, this is just another example that nobody can have it all.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27214
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by legendkillar on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:39 am

barrystar wrote:Here's a question - for someone like Lajovic who has never really done anything on tour, is playing the defending champion on CC first match in R1 at Wimbleldon a nice occasion which he'll be pleased he has stored in the memory banks of his career, or is it something he'd rather avoid because of the strong likelihood he'll go out?

If he has ambition it should be the latter - two rounds on the outside courts are better than only one wherever - but what do people think?

You shouldn't take to the court if you believe you aren't going to win. Why be cannon fodder?

He should go out there and give it a go.

Much different to say Willis by where that was going to be his only career highlight. Lajovic has certainly done more than that just to "enjoy the moment"

Aim to create one smiley

legendkillar

Posts : 2447
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by Tenez on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:51 am

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:It's bizare that just by reaching the 4th round Nadal will retain his number 1 title, regardless of Federer winning the whole thing.

It was not smart from Fed to play the whole of Stuttgart....or bad luck lose that first set v Coric. Anyway, Fed is the unluckiest champ I know.
I'd rather be unluckiest champ with the luck of talent he was given than the other way round.
Or maybe, this is just another example that nobody can have it all.

I don;t think there is anything down to luck when it comes to talent. Having to face a rigged draw, losing many matches from MPs, playing a field of testosterone athletes.....is bad luck.


Tenez

Posts : 19315
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by legendkillar on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:53 am

Let me get the violin out.....

legendkillar

Posts : 2447
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:59 am

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:It's bizare that just by reaching the 4th round Nadal will retain his number 1 title, regardless of Federer winning the whole thing.

It was not smart from Fed to play the whole of Stuttgart....or bad luck lose that first set v Coric. Anyway, Fed is the unluckiest champ I know.
I'd rather be unluckiest champ with the luck of talent he was given than the other way round.
Or maybe, this is just another example that nobody can have it all.

I don;t think there is anything down to luck when it comes to talent.
Having to face a rigged draw, losing many matches from MPs, playing a field of testosterone athletes.....is bad luck.

I disagree.
He was very lucky to be born with his outworldly hand to eye coordination. And I think he wouldn't swap with Nadal with all his rigging etc.

Of course, in an ideal world there would be no corruption and pain but our world is not ideal.

So, in a way, Federer was given a beautiful talent to fight all the ugliness and as far as I am concerned - he has won.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27214
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by luvsports! on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:24 am

Tenez wrote:I will be there on Weds...court 1. Anyone else there?

I am camping out on Tuesday to try and get centre court on Wednesday!

luvsports!

Posts : 4457
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by barrystar on Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:02 am

Tenez wrote:It's bizare that just by reaching the 4th round Nadal will retain his number 1 title, regardless of Federer winning the whole thing.

It was not smart from Fed to play the whole of Stuttgart....or bad luck lose that first set v Coric. Anyway, Fed is the unluckiest champ I know.

Come on Tenez - it's not bizarre at all it's a normal and predictable function of how the ranking system works - maybe I am wrong, but I do not recall you saying that it would be bizarre that Federer could go to #1 for doing nothing during the Clay season while Nadal had to win 4 tournaments.

Fed has been no more or less lucky/unlucky than anyone else - he's treated life as if it's been on his racquet and he's made more of it than he could ever have hoped for.

barrystar

Posts : 545
Join date : 2017-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by DEC1M7 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:49 am

Tenez wrote: Anyway, Fed is the unluckiest champ I know.
A minute silence for Federer Rose

DEC1M7

Posts : 4793
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by naxroy on Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:57 am

Tenez wrote:...Having to face a rigged draw, ...


are you talking about wimbledon 2018? it is official in OTF that this draw is also rigged?

naxroy

Posts : 674
Join date : 2017-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by Tenez on Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:00 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:It's bizare that just by reaching the 4th round Nadal will retain his number 1 title, regardless of Federer winning the whole thing.

It was not smart from Fed to play the whole of Stuttgart....or bad luck lose that first set v Coric. Anyway, Fed is the unluckiest champ I know.
I'd rather be unluckiest champ with the luck of talent he was given than the other way round.
Or maybe, this is just another example that nobody can have it all.

I don;t think there is anything down to luck when it comes to talent.
Having to face a rigged draw, losing many matches from MPs, playing a field of testosterone athletes.....is bad luck.

I disagree.
He was very lucky to be born with his outworldly hand to eye coordination. And I think he wouldn't swap with Nadal with all his rigging etc.

Of course, in an ideal world there would be no corruption and pain but our world is not ideal.

So, in a way, Federer was given a beautiful talent to fight all the ugliness and as far as I am concerned - he has won.
Not surprised you disagree since you do not believe in evolution.

Tenez

Posts : 19315
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by Emancipator on Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:19 pm

Federer winning easily but not looking sharp imo. The BH has been a horror show. Seems to shank it every time he hits it hard - like the bad old days of 2008-2013.

Emancipator

Posts : 696
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by legendkillar on Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:24 pm

Emancipator wrote:Federer winning easily but not looking sharp imo. The BH has been a horror show. Seems to shank it every time he hits it hard - like the bad old days of 2008-2013.

I have to say when you show up, I get Intergalactic by Beastie Boys in my head.  Laugh Laugh

legendkillar

Posts : 2447
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by Emancipator on Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:32 pm

LOL LK

That BBC commentator's sycophancy is off the charts. And he doesn't seem to know anything about tennis.

Emancipator

Posts : 696
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by Tenez on Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:05 pm

Emancipator wrote:Federer winning easily but not looking sharp imo. The BH has been a horror show. Seems to shank it every time he hits it hard - like the bad old days of 2008-2013.
Very windy today....also It is much harder to time the ball correctly on grass and clay compared to HC.

Tenez

Posts : 19315
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by Emancipator on Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:01 pm

Tenez wrote:
Emancipator wrote:Federer winning easily but not looking sharp imo. The BH has been a horror show. Seems to shank it every time he hits it hard - like the bad old days of 2008-2013.
Very windy today....also It is much harder to time the ball correctly on grass and clay compared to HC.

The commys didn't mention the wind.

Comparing to last year he doesn't look as sharp - I suppose it's to be expected

At least his serve wasn't threatened today

Emancipator

Posts : 696
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by Tenez on Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:05 pm

From what I saw he looked good. Very relaxed. My worry will be the end of the week.

Tenez

Posts : 19315
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:26 pm

Emancipator wrote:Federer winning easily but not looking sharp imo. The BH has been a horror show. Seems to shank it every time he hits it hard - like the bad old days of 2008-2013.

Was it you that mocked me for calling Fed's BH Neo in AO '17?

The BH was quite fine today. Nothing outstandingly wrong in his game. There were some beautiful patches of play.


noleisthebest

Posts : 27214
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by luvsports! on Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:41 pm

He played better against Lajovic this time round vs how he played him in r2 last year.

luvsports!

Posts : 4457
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by Tenez on Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:57 pm

Painful to watch says McEnroe...and he is right! "It's chronic" he adds. Of course talking of Dimi and again "chocking" (word used by McEnroe) trying to serve the set out.

Tenez

Posts : 19315
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by Tenez on Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:59 pm

5 all it is.....from 5/2 up.

Tenez

Posts : 19315
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by Tenez on Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:18 pm

..and of course Dimi loses that 3rd set from 5/2 up! after leading by a break in most of teh TB of course.

I am not rejoicing at it. It is indeed painful to watch so much nerves for a very good player.

If anything it shows how great a player Dimi would be .... If it was not for his nerves.

Tenez

Posts : 19315
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by Tenez on Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:26 pm

I very much doubt I will have Fed on court 1 on Weds! So it's going to be Cilic, Serena and Konta! great!

Tenez

Posts : 19315
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:47 pm

Tenez wrote:I very much doubt I will have Fed on court 1 on Weds! So it's going to be Cilic, Serena and Konta! great!

you never know...though last year I think he played all matches on CC.

You can always try and schmooze in!
Or join LS in the queue. Whistle

noleisthebest

Posts : 27214
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by legendkillar on Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:09 pm

What an absolute pussy Dimi is. A stiff breeze would blow him over. 

Weak, weak, weak mentality.

legendkillar

Posts : 2447
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by Jahu on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:41 pm

That drugged russian bitch ruined him for good. Sad to see Dimi totally fail this 2018.

Jahu

Posts : 2735
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by Emancipator on Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:42 am

noleisthebest wrote:
Emancipator wrote:Federer winning easily but not looking sharp imo. The BH has been a horror show. Seems to shank it every time he hits it hard - like the bad old days of 2008-2013.

Was it you that mocked me for calling Fed's BH Neo in AO '17?

The BH was quite fine today. Nothing outstandingly wrong in his game. There were some beautiful patches of play.


Quite possibly, I don't exactly remember since you provide constant fodder for mockery.

Emancipator

Posts : 696
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by Emancipator on Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:45 am

legendkillar wrote:What an absolute pussy Dimi is. A stiff breeze would blow him over. 

Weak, weak, weak mentality.


He really is a pussy. No steel whatsoever. Didn't he give Nadal at tough match on clay at the age of 17? Seems not to have progressed.

Emancipator

Posts : 696
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 1

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum