Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Rome - ATP Masters 1000: Rome - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Rome - ATP Masters 1000: Rome - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Rome - ATP Masters 1000: Rome - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Rome - ATP Masters 1000: Rome - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Rome - ATP Masters 1000: Rome - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Rome - ATP Masters 1000: Rome - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Rome - ATP Masters 1000: Rome - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Rome - ATP Masters 1000: Rome - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Rome - ATP Masters 1000: Rome - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

ATP Masters 1000: Rome

+7
summerblues
legendkillar
Emancipator
Tenez
noleisthebest
Veejay
bogbrush
11 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Rome - ATP Masters 1000: Rome - Page 3 Empty Re: ATP Masters 1000: Rome

Post by bogbrush Sun May 21, 2017 5:03 pm

That wasn't really very difficult. Faced no break points (only the 3rd time Djokovic has failed to get one in a Masters final - the other 2 being in Cincinnati against Federer).

He was in control at every stage and might have won more clearly.

Roland Garros not looking quite as predictable.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun May 21, 2017 5:05 pm

summerblues wrote:
... wrote:Not my kind of star.
You were for years rooting for Nole, who are you to whine?

Anyway, let's be happy Nole lost today, we can worry about Zverev when he gets to 5+ slams.
Well, Nole's a much better player than Zverev, esp in his early years...and a character on top.
Brilliant defender...what is Zverev?

With that height and ability, his game is very plain.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun May 21, 2017 5:07 pm

summerblues wrote:
... wrote:It was interesting to watch Nole trying all sorts of things but nothing worked, plus the wind was a factor.
It was interesting and heartwarming to see him lose, not much beyond that was interesting about him today.

Maybe Jahu is right and you deep down still root for him, just are too cowardly to admit it.

Of course I wanted him to win today, give me one reason why I should cheer for a German born Russian who olays more boring than Nole.

At least I am proud to be a Serb, you don't even have the guts to say what your nationality is...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Emancipator Sun May 21, 2017 5:35 pm

Slovakian?

Most impressive thing about Zverev today, and it does generally seem to be the case, is his cool head and ability to play big points well. Having said that, Novak was terrible today. Did anyone see that ridiculous drop shot attempt. I had to laugh.

Puts into perspective how good and consistent Federer has been over the years. Taking out 2013 when he was injury ravaged and THAT FO final against Rafa, the guy has always put up resistance in the big matches. Rarely do you see Federer get blown off court and I can't imagine that he would have gone down so meekly against Zverev, the way Djokovic did.

Emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun May 21, 2017 5:57 pm

... wrote:you don't  even have the guts to say what your nationality is...
Huh?  As eman says I am originally from Slovakia.  What makes you think I have no guts to say it?

I do not mind if you root for Nole, just don't tip-toe around it.  Why be a hypocrite, rubbish Zverev's game and pretend that Nole's game is more exciting?  It seems better to admit that Nole's game is ugly but that you root for him anyway on account of him being a Serb.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun May 21, 2017 6:01 pm

bogbrush wrote:Roland Garros not looking quite as predictable.
Indeed.  Though I still think Rafa will be a strong favorite.  I initially thought Zverev might be his biggest challenge from among the youngsters but after Rafa demolished him, and then had more trouble with Thiem, I was starting to change my mind.

Now I am again not so sure.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofDeath Sun May 21, 2017 6:02 pm

Too many unforced errors by Novak, I'm pleased that someone from the 90s finally has a big title just wish it was Thiem. Still believe we won't see the best from Djokovic until US Open/WTF.

AceofDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun May 21, 2017 6:04 pm

Jahu wrote:No worries, neither Djoko nor Nadal are winning RG   Rome - ATP Masters 1000: Rome - Page 3 2187623656
I wish I had your optimism.  I could live with a Thiem vs Zverev final.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun May 21, 2017 6:06 pm

Good to see that fake Monaco tree huger and love sucker crushed by Zverev.

I mean Djoko parents still can't sit on the box with his wife, but hey who gives a toss, important the love guru Pepe shows them the way around holes Laugh .

We will have a new winner in RG!!!

Stan and Ninja btw playing Geneva.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun May 21, 2017 6:07 pm

summerblues wrote:
Jahu wrote:No worries, neither Djoko nor Nadal are winning RG   Rome - ATP Masters 1000: Rome - Page 3 2187623656
I wish I had your optimism.  I could live with a Thiem vs Zverev final.

Yeah that would be a bonus, and since Stan has already won it, I don't mind any new face wining the RG.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun May 21, 2017 6:09 pm

AceofDeath wrote:Too many unforced errors by Novak, I'm pleased that someone from the 90s finally has a big title just wish it was Thiem. Still believe we won't see the best from Djokovic until US Open/WTF.

You ain't never gonna see it, it's the Death of an Ace {sic}

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun May 21, 2017 6:13 pm

Also since I'm the only tennis expert left here, yes Zverev brings nothing new in style, neither does Korgi, Thiem for Fed fans brings a little Fed teen style, so in general nothing new around the tour, important is we see some new Tournament winners, less of a Murray and Djoko also seems good, so we should not judge playing style of youngsters, as far as they beat the old guard.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun May 21, 2017 6:16 pm

summerblues wrote:
Huh?  As eman says I am originally from Slovakia.  What makes you think I have no guts to say it?
Well, a few years ago, you avoided answering the question here, when I asked you if you were Bulgarian (during your fervent Dimi phase)...not that it matters.
summerblues wrote:

I do not mind if you root for Nole, just don't tip-toe around it.  Why be a hypocrite, rubbish Zverev's game and pretend that Nole's game is more exciting?  It seems better to admit that Nole's game is ugly but that you root for him anyway on account of him being a Serb.
Nole's game is more exciting.

Of course not very exciting but def more exciting than Murray's and Zverev's.

I enjoyed being a crazy Nole fan and everyone knew it.

Now I am not, but that doesn't mean that I need to revile the guy.

Don't be childish, SB.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun May 21, 2017 6:18 pm

Also the fact that Zverev and Thiem (rather than maybe Nishikori or Raonic or Dimitrov) seem to be the ones breaking through seems to further confirm that the Nishi etc generation is particularly weak.

If it was just that these days players do not fully mature until later, Nishi etc should have been stepping up and taking over.  The fact that it seems to be the guys younger than them shows they were just poor.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Emancipator Sun May 21, 2017 6:19 pm

summerblues wrote:

I'm no fan of Nole and generally I find his game monotonous, however, there is always something to be said about someone who is so good at something and that in itself can be a reason for viewing - whether you root for him or just hope he loses everytime. Additionally, he defends in a unique way, and some of his shots when on the stretch are the best I've ever seen. You can't rule him out of a point and with one shot he can turn the rally on it's head or even hit an outrageous winner from the tramlines whilst doing the splits. The Nole of 2011 WAS rather exciting in how bulletproof he was and with that steely determination.

Of course this Nole is a pale shadow.

Emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun May 21, 2017 6:22 pm

Emanci, don't sugarcoat Nole, he sucks, he stole everything from Nadal, and ruined the tennis for a few years, no one cares for him, except his wife's lawyers and Bankers  Laugh

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun May 21, 2017 6:24 pm

Btw, any Fed fan who ever supported Djoko against Nadal, did it just from the fear that Nadal would surpass Fed. He never will, so please no Love Djoko talk, he has a paid guru now for loveeeee  Laugh Laugh

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun May 21, 2017 6:27 pm

Regarding RG and who might shake it up, Thiem can beat Nadal with his power hitting for sure but he can't beat Djokovic. Alternatively, Zverev with his greater patience and big serve can clearly beat Djokovic but his game plays to Nadals strengths.

I just hope the draw puts the right one with each. ofvthem.

Last edited by bogbrush on Sun May 21, 2017 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun May 21, 2017 6:27 pm

Emancipator wrote:The Nole of 2011 WAS rather exciting
That is not how I see his game.  Obviously, he was extremely good at what he was doing - he would not win 12 slams if he had not been.  So to the extent one wants to watch somebody doing something - anything - at a very high level, one could perhaps call it exciting in that sense.  But I would never call his game exciting.  I actually do not particularly mind his game, I just find it too dull for the level of success he has had with it.

Anyway, now that he is losing we can hopefully both agree his game is not exciting - I because I never thought it was, you because you do not think the current version is smiley

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun May 21, 2017 6:31 pm

bogbrush wrote:Regarding RG and who might shake it up, Thiem can beat Nadal with his power hitting for sure but he can't beat Djokovic. Alternatively, Zverev with his greater patience and big serve can clearly beat Djokovic but his game plays to Nadals strengths.
I am not sure I agree. I still think that a well playing Zverev will have a better chance even against Rafa than Thiem will.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun May 21, 2017 6:32 pm

When I think how people like Petchey etc we're saying Djokovic was probably the best player of all time I felt like throwing up.

Give the guy old equipment and he wouldn't have ever won a Slam. He can't volley, has a laughable overhead, and would be lost without a racquet with a gigantic sweet spot. And that's without wondering where the incredible stamina suddenly emerged from a player who would routinely fade out when it got long.

Never liked him, had far more regard for what Nadal could do even though that's not saying much.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun May 21, 2017 7:05 pm

Jahu wrote:Btw, any Fed fan who ever supported Djoko against Nadal, did it just from the fear that Nadal would surpass Fed. He never will, so please no Love Djoko talk, he has a paid guru now for loveeeee  Laugh Laugh

Laugh

That is sad but true...and funny!

Maaaan, they've all changed so much in the last 10 years!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun May 21, 2017 7:19 pm

Money helps I guess, bitch wife's too, then you pay a guru to fix everything while he sucks your money.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun May 21, 2017 7:21 pm

bogbrush wrote:When I think how people like Petchey etc we're saying Djokovic was probably the best player of all time I felt like throwing up.

I never heard this, have heard of of Fed as probably the best and best ever, but for Djoko only one OF the best.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun May 21, 2017 7:52 pm

... wrote:
summerblues wrote:
... wrote:It was interesting to watch Nole trying all sorts of things but nothing worked, plus the wind was a factor.
It was interesting and heartwarming to see him lose, not much beyond that was interesting about him today.

Maybe Jahu is right and you deep down still root for him, just are too cowardly to admit it.

Of course I wanted him to win today, give me one reason why I should cheer for a German born Russian who olays more boring than Nole.

At least I am proud to be a Serb, you don't  even have the guts to say what your nationality is...
Laugh It's an Easterners fight. That's how WW1 started!.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sun May 21, 2017 7:59 pm

... wrote:
Veejay wrote:a little off topic here but what is roger and mirka federer doing at pippa middleton's wedding today?  Big Grin 
even tatler magazine on twitter seems baffled by it lol 
if any tennis player were to be invited i would have thought it would "sir" murray
i guess only wanted to invite royalty.... lol
I saw that!

I think Pippa likes tennis, I don't blame her. Winking
her and her sister are tennis fans,you always see them in the royal box when murray is playing,so its surprising to see the federers at the wedding rather then the murrays
guess murrays  current slum and moodiness wouldnt have put a damper on their celebrations  Laugh

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sun May 21, 2017 8:03 pm

Jahu wrote:
bogbrush wrote:When I think how people like Petchey etc we're saying Djokovic was probably the best player of all time I felt like throwing up.

I never heard this, have heard of of Fed as probably the best and best ever, but for Djoko only one OF the best.
typical verbal diarrhea from petchy and sam smith

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun May 21, 2017 8:30 pm

Veejay wrote:
Jahu wrote:

Grinning Greg might have been party to it, it was that kind of scene.

Obviously Annabel wasn't there, she only has eyes for Fed smiley

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun May 21, 2017 8:36 pm

Veejay wrote:
... wrote:
Veejay wrote:a little off topic here but what is roger and mirka federer doing at pippa middleton's wedding today?  Big Grin 
if any tennis player were to be invited i would have thought it would "sir" murray
I saw that!

her and her sister are tennis fans,you always see them in the royal box when murray is playing,so its surprising to see the federers at the wedding rather then the murrays
guess murrays  current slum and moodiness wouldnt have put a damper on their celebrations  Laugh
That family are obviously intensely upwardly socially mobile - Hell, he's got two daughters married off to the future King and a multi-millionaire - so if there was to be a tennis invite was it going to be scruffy Andy or Regal Rog?

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sun May 21, 2017 8:52 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Veejay wrote:
Jahu wrote:

Grinning Greg might have been party to it, it was that kind of scene.

Obviously Annabel wasn't there, she only has eyes for Fed smiley
i know,its quite embarrassing how she continually drools over him,like some wet dream...
jahu thinks shes still do-able for her age..  Laugh

so how does everyone rate zverev's chances at RG?
didnt see the match but i reckon djokovic must have felt the 2 matches yesterday in his legs today

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sun May 21, 2017 9:01 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Veejay wrote:
... wrote:
I saw that!

That family are obviously intensely upwardly socially mobile - Hell, he's got two daughters married off to the future King and a multi-millionaire - so if there was to be a tennis invite was it going to be scruffy Andy or Regal Rog?
thats why i said that they must have only wanted to invite royalty  Big Grin
i like kate she comes across very genuine and authentic but the sister seems like a social climber

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun May 21, 2017 9:03 pm

summerblues wrote:
bogbrush wrote:Roland Garros not looking quite as predictable.
Indeed.  Though I still think Rafa will be a strong favorite.  I initially thought Zverev might be his biggest challenge from among the youngsters but after Rafa demolished him, and then had more trouble with Thiem, I was starting to change my mind.

Now I am again not so sure.

Yes though I still don;t think Zverev has it to beat Nadal on clay....and frankly I doubt Thiem can do it over 5...though Djoko could always beat Nadal..

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun May 21, 2017 9:06 pm

summerblues wrote:
bogbrush wrote:Regarding RG and who might shake it up, Thiem can beat Nadal with his power hitting for sure but he can't beat Djokovic. Alternatively, Zverev with his greater patience and big serve can clearly beat Djokovic but his game plays to Nadals strengths.
I am not sure I agree.  I still think that a well playing Zverev will have a better chance even against Rafa than Thiem will.
Both Thiem and Zverev stand too far back to bother Nadal. Djoko however can beat Nadal. Even playing crap in Madrid he made it close.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun May 21, 2017 9:26 pm

Veejay wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
Veejay wrote:
... wrote:
I saw that!

thats why i said that they must have only wanted to invite royalty  Big Grin
i like kate she comes across very genuine and authentic but the sister seems like a social climber
Be fair, she's worked hard to achieve fame in her own right.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FE-hkbwgGrY

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun May 21, 2017 9:44 pm

..always fancied a bit of Royal butt  Laugh

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sun May 21, 2017 9:58 pm

pippas bum is over rated besides it was no where to be seen yesterday  Laugh

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun May 21, 2017 10:05 pm

Veejay wrote:pippas bum is over rated besides it was no where to be seen yesterday  Laugh
It's ok, Vee.
We all know you like your bums on the XXL side Winking

Veejay wrote:this is just too good not to share....the video is very weird but its nice to see serena shaking her booty
i have often wondered how the hell she manages to move an ass that big around the court

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxsmWxxouIM&feature=youtu.be

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun May 21, 2017 10:41 pm

Thiem just beat Nadal, Tenez.  It happened just this week.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun May 21, 2017 10:43 pm

Daniel, have a day off buddy, this is the butts and bums thread  Laugh

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sun May 21, 2017 10:56 pm

... wrote:
Veejay wrote:pippas bum is over rated besides it was no where to be seen yesterday  Laugh
It's ok, Vee.
We all know you like your bums on the XXL side Winking

Veejay wrote:this is just too good not to share....the video is very weird but its nice to see serena shaking her booty
i have often wondered how the hell she manages to move an ass that big around the court

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxsmWxxouIM&feature=youtu.be

you fell straight into it NITB  Laugh

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun May 21, 2017 10:58 pm

Vee, were you accused here of being a Serena lover and stalker I think here?

The booty man?  Laugh

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sun May 21, 2017 11:01 pm

so zverev becomes the first kid born in the 90's who wins a master 1000
could this be the start or beginning signs of the next generation breaking through?

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun May 21, 2017 11:04 pm

Well Thiem and Zverev are making some strides, but Grand Slams are totally different, also 5 setters, lets see how these young ones can take it.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sun May 21, 2017 11:04 pm

Jahu wrote:Vee, were you accused here of being a Serena lover and stalker I think here?

The booty man?  Laugh
it seems my "crush" on serena and her "larger-then-life derrier" is keeping some people awake at night

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun May 21, 2017 11:07 pm

hahaha, you so modest, at least Serena got fertilized properly.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sun May 21, 2017 11:19 pm

Jahu wrote:hahaha, you so modest, at least Serena got fertilized properly.
fertilised but not tamed!!

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun May 21, 2017 11:28 pm

What? How do you know? She still talking to you secretly? 

U bad boy...think we agreed long ago that skinny mommy boy can't tame her properly

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sun May 21, 2017 11:35 pm

yes she visits me in my dreams...whispering sweet nothings in my ear  Laugh
thats bound to give a few here some nightmares  Laugh

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun May 21, 2017 11:36 pm

Don't choke on it boy, leave some for me  Laugh

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun May 21, 2017 11:50 pm

Daniel wrote:Thiem just beat Nadal, Tenez.  It happened just this week.
Yes and I predicted it. But I still fancy Nadal to win in Paris v Thiem if they were to meet.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next