Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
GOSsip thread - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
GOSsip thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
GOSsip thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
GOSsip thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
GOSsip thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
GOSsip thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
GOSsip thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
GOSsip thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
GOSsip thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

GOSsip thread

+9
BlueClay
sphairistike
luvsports!
SayonaRa
Tenez
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
mikeyM1000
noleisthebest
paulcz
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

GOSsip thread - Page 2 Empty Re: GOSsip thread

Post by Tenez Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:14 am

Why was he banned?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:58 am

That sucks nitb!

Tenez - Crazy aussie does not know why, but he has his suspicions.
Check out that video.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:33 pm

A bit of reading to ease the rain break waiting.

=============================================

Pippa Middleton has written a column on the art of watching tennis for Americans.

Among the advice for her readership is to "allow enough time for tennis," to make sure to take a raincoat, and also to look out for Bulgarian rising star Grigor Dimitrov because he is "easy on the eye for the ladies".

Fresh from writing the infamous Celebrate: A Year of Festivities for Families and Friends,ridiculed as 'terrible' in some quarters, Middleton has turned her attention to a US audience in the first of a series of dispatches for Vanity Fair magazine.

"We're delighted to have Pippa as a contributor to Vanity Fair," said editor Graydon Carter. "She's a keen observer of classic British pastimes. She is also an avid sportswoman, and we look forward to her take on traditional English pursuits, beginning with Wimbledon."

Middleton is a keen tennis fan and has been regularly spotted at Wimbledon, often with her elder sister Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge.

In the article she recounts stories of watching tennis from her past:

“Queuing from five A.M. on ‘People’s Sunday’ in 2004 with my sister for three hours and getting £35 tickets on Centre Court; my first time ever. Seats were a free-for-all—and I recall almost tripping over myself trying to get as close as possible to my birthday-twin British hero Tim Henman.”

She also mentions the notorious Athena poster, in which a player's rear is on display, and quips about the fame of her own bottom, which stole the show at Kate's wedding to Prince William.

"This [poster] is a tennis classic with another famous bum.

"All the boys at school had this on their bedroom walls. I’ve been sent similar ones by friends over the years, including one from my grandparents – if only they’d known what was to come."

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:39 pm

I didn't know you were a Middletons' fan T.....they are all yours smiley !

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:44 pm

Oh yeah! Only a fan of Pippa.

But to be frank I have not read what I posted. Just the title.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:46 pm

Tenez wrote:Oh yeah! Only a fan of Pippa.

But to be frank I have not read what I posted. Just the title.

Now you've really gone down in my eyes..... Whistle

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:00 pm

And of Pamela Anderson too!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:36 pm

Tenez wrote:And of Pamela Anderson too!
Laugh

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:42 pm

haha you dirty old dog u!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:03 pm

Pamela Anderson looks like an old whore now. I saw her in person about two years ago, not a pretty sight.

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:00 pm

BlueClay wrote:

Pamela Anderson looks like an old whore now. I saw her in person about two years ago, not a pretty sight.

Was she expensive ? Run

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:43 pm

Pippa, the tennis expert reveals that:

“If had to get married, it would be in my tennis whites—shorts with no pleats or frills.” —Pippa Middleton

Other than that, as per Tenez's earlier post, she is covering Wimbledon for Vanity Fair.
Here's her Q&A with Roger:

"How many tennis balls do you hit a day?"

“A few thousand a day—but it’s about quality, not quantity.”

What does breakfast consist of?
“Eggs with toast, cinnamon porridge with berries and roasted nuts.”

What’s your secret form of energy?
“A healthy lifestyle—lots of water, enough sleep, and Swiss chocolate.”

Best thing about playing at Wimbledon?
“It was my childhood dream to play there—the tradition, innovation, and prestige of the tournament inspired me, as did my heroes and idols.”

Is it true that the winner of the men’s and women’s championships have to dance together at the Wimbledon-ball after-party?
“Unfortunately not anymore—I would have had some nice dancing partners over the years and would certainly be a better dancer today.”

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:52 pm

Pippa & I agree on one thing: Pimms is the thing in Wimbledon!

"I know it’s clichéd, but there’s nothing better than watching the dramas unfold on the court whilst eating juicy strawberries and sipping Pimm’s No. 1 Cup. (Roughly 200,000 glasses of the stuff get glugged during the Wimbledon fortnight.) If I’m feeling greedy, this is followed by a post-match debriefing over a classic cream tea: scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam, and buttery white-bread finger sandwiches (crusts off) filled with thinly sliced cucumber, tomato, or smoked salmon with plenty of salt and pepper. Bath buns—round, rich, lemony sweet rolls topped with sugar crystals—are another favorite."

GOSsip thread - Page 2 Strawberries-Pimms-giant--007

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:46 pm

The best Pimms I had was actually in the Henley races. As I could not care who was racing I could drink non stop.....Was a lot of fun.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:02 pm

Tenez wrote:The best Pimms I had was actually in the Henley races. As I could not care who was racing I could drink non stop.....Was a lot of fun.

Didn't know you went to Henley regatta, just down the road from me smiley

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:06 pm

About 7 years ago...loved it. It's a lovely place.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:08 pm

Tenez wrote:About 7 years ago...loved it. It's a lovely place.

It is. If you come again, I'll recommend a nice restaurant. Superb seabass chef

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:13 pm

Radek divorcing Vaidisova and dating Kvitova. The guy cannot be serious! Laugh

"Radek Stepanek and former world No. 7 player Nicole Vaidisova are a seeking divorce.

Czech Davis Cup team spokesman Karel Tejkal confimed that the pair, who were married three years ago, have split. Vaidisova’s agent confirmed the split.

The 24-year-old Vaidisova, who reached the semifinals of the 2006 Roland Garros and 2007 Australian Open,  retired in March 2010, saying that she no longer enjoyed competing.

The 34-year-old Stepanek, who is still an active player, reached a career-high rank of No. 8 in 2006. He was once engaged to former No. 1 Martina Hingis.

One Czech newspaper reported that Stepanek is now seeing 2011 Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova, who has split from her longtime boyfriend, another Czech player,  Adam Pavlasek.

“I am aware of the rumors, but prefer not to talk about my private life," Kvitova said. “Wimbledon is the most important tournament of the year for me and I would like to play my best tennis and focus only on winning matches. Therefore will you please try to respect my wish not to comment on my private life during the tournament."

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:48 pm

That's a strange one. This guy is a mistery. He does look like a calamari but most of us woudl envy his success. A real talent on the court and maybe somewhere else.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:00 pm

Last night I was having a BBQ at a friend place half a mile from my place and at mightnight....someone opens the window above the garden flat where we were to wave at us ( we were all drunk)....you will never guess who it was....Dustin Brown himself. We invited him to join in but kindly turned it down.

We knew he was stopping by there cause the place above the garden flat was rented by another german tennis player. The host did not know the name of the player but I suspect through the description it may have been tobias Kamke.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:25 pm

Tenez wrote:Last night I was having a BBQ at a friend place half a mile from my place and at mightnight....someone opens the window above the garden flat where we were to wave at us ( we were all drunk)....you will never guess who it was....Dustin Brown himself. We invited him to join in but kindly turned it down.

We knew he was stopping by there cause the place above the garden flat was rented by another german tennis player. The host did not know the name of the player but I suspect through the description it may have been tobias Kamke.

You cannot be serious!!!
You should've insisted Cool

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:37 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Radek divorcing Vaidisova and dating Kvitova. The guy cannot be serious! Laugh

"Radek Stepanek and former world No. 7 player Nicole Vaidisova are a seeking divorce.

Czech Davis Cup team spokesman Karel Tejkal confimed that the pair, who were married three years ago, have split. Vaidisova’s agent confirmed the split.

The 24-year-old Vaidisova, who reached the semifinals of the 2006 Roland Garros and 2007 Australian Open,  retired in March 2010, saying that she no longer enjoyed competing.

The 34-year-old Stepanek, who is still an active player, reached a career-high rank of No. 8 in 2006. He was once engaged to former No. 1 Martina Hingis.

One Czech newspaper reported that Stepanek is now seeing 2011 Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova, who has split from her longtime boyfriend, another Czech player,  Adam Pavlasek.

“I am aware of the rumors, but prefer not to talk about my private life," Kvitova said. “Wimbledon is the most important tournament of the year for me and I would like to play my best tennis and focus only on winning matches. Therefore will you please try to respect my wish not to comment on my private life during the tournament."

Right, there is a story that Stepanek started dating with Petra Kvitova, which is ridiculous, funny and sad as well. We do say that Stepanek has been going out with every good woman player from Czech. It is sure that that helps Step and keeps him in a good shape, but it does not work his girlfriends. All of them Hingis, Vaidisova got worsened after a while and I do not see a good outlook for Petra. She switched form a young Pavlasek 18 to a ripe Step. So, Step seems to be good not only in tennis brokenheart love Whistle 

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:40 pm

Tenez wrote:Last night I was having a BBQ at a friend place half a mile from my place and at mightnight....someone opens the window above the garden flat where we were to wave at us ( we were all drunk)....you will never guess who it was....Dustin Brown himself. We invited him to join in but kindly turned it down.

If you had a good weed, I am sure that he would come and stay with you Big Grin

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:43 pm

paulcz wrote: Right, there is a story that Stepanek started dating with Petra Kvitova, which is ridiculous, funny and sad as well. We do say that Stepanek has been going out with every good woman player from Czech. It is sure that that helps Step and keeps him in a good shape, but it does not work his girlfriends. All of them Hingis, Vaidisova got worsened after a while and I do not see a good outlook for Petra. She switched form a young Pavlasek 18 to a ripe Step. So, Step seems to be good not only in tennis brokenheart love Whistle 

With THAT face, he must be doing something right. I can just imagine his chat-up lines....Laugh

I had a friend who looked almost as great as Step and his (apparently very succesful) opening line was: I am not handsome, but I'm stupid!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:01 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
paulcz wrote: Right, there is a story that Stepanek started dating with Petra Kvitova, which is ridiculous, funny and sad as well. We do say that Stepanek has been going out with every good woman player from Czech. It is sure that that helps Step and keeps him in a good shape, but it does not work his girlfriends. All of them Hingis, Vaidisova got worsened after a while and I do not see a good outlook for Petra. She switched form a young Pavlasek 18 to a ripe Step. So, Step seems to be good not only in tennis brokenheart love Whistle 

With THAT face, he must be doing something right. I can just imagine his chat-up lines....Laugh

I had a friend who looked almost as great as Step and his (apparently very succesful) opening line was: I am not handsome, but I'm stupid!

We can only speculate about Step as we do in case of doping, but surely he has something to surprise Cool 

- About your former  friend, I fully understand that he used to be your friend Winking

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:11 pm

paulcz wrote:

Funny you say that cause I think the reason he opened the window is that he probably smelt it in the first place as some of the guests were having some. It was a great evening, lots of fun.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:16 pm

Tenez wrote:
paulcz wrote:

Funny you say that cause I think the reason he opened the window is that he probably smelt it in the first place as some of the guests were having some. It was a great evening, lots of fun.

I knew that and you let the poor Dustin just to have a puff from the window Cool 

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:07 pm

haha classic crazy aussie smiley love his stuff Big Grin.
FInally does a video on nadal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Eps8Lx1ki4
thoughts?

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:08 pm

full natty brah! Winking

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:03 pm

luvsports! wrote:haha classic crazy aussie smiley love his stuff Big Grin.
FInally does a video on nadal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Eps8Lx1ki4
thoughts?
He,he, I can see he has been careful not to have his account closed again!
Enjoyed it as always, esp as Nadull the clean guy was the feature point. That interview with him was so telling....just in case anyone had any doubts!

Was also very infomative on what drugs are available and "don't work" in tennis.
Loved the hand-to eye, hitting against the wall parody.....

He is quite talented, I hope his mission does not fail.
Btw, what IS his mission? Run 

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:13 pm

To promote frutarianism, healthy lifestyle, tips on cycling, against drugs in sport, to educate and above all of this 
TO TELL THE TRUTH!
summed up best by his 2 ending quotes. 
“It’s easier to fool people than to convince people they have been fooled” – Mark twain.

“Sometimes people don’t want to hear the truth because they don’t want their illusions destroyed” - Nietzsche

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:10 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:00 pm

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:16 pm

luvsports! wrote:Karlovic recounting his battle with viral meningitis.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/07/28/Newport-Thursday-Karlovic-Health.aspx

Read about it earlier today and am so happy for the big man.
Very moving words from him and a reminder to us all not to take our health for granted and to enjoy every day of it fully.
This mono virus seem to be affecting tennis players a lot these days. Scary as there is not a lot you can do about it.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:28 pm

Good post.
I agree, scary stuff! Very happy for the big man.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:34 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Now its John Isner and Radwanska:

http://tennis.si.com/2013/07/10/agnieszka-radwanska-john-isner-espn-body-issue/

You know all the good sites! Winking

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:48 pm

Just to ease the atmosphere. Today I asked one of my work-mate, how is Berd's mum as a doctor. The answer was, she is great when Tomas wins.

Fortunately Tomas plays on Friday Cool

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:35 pm

Here you can check what players have the same birthday as you or somebody else:

http://www.racquettech.com/birthdays/master-calendar.html

I am on the same with Ion Tiriac and Donskoy, not bad  Winking

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:05 pm

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:51 am

Haha you dog u!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:50 pm

It looks like it has become a trend for the partners to insult the opponents.

Can be found in English I am sure.

http://www.huffingtonpost.fr/2015/01/29/open-australie-copine-andy-murray-kim-sears-tomas-berdych-tennis-sport-video_n_6570480.html?xtor=AL-32280680

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:34 pm

He, he...
I've following the "debate" on that topic here:
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2015/02/friendly-four-djokovic-looking-repair-relations-murray-keep-close-federer-nadal/53929/#.VNNibmIgGSM

I don't post there any more. Complete suffocation of free speech.
Some funny comments...

Looks like Murray and Murdoch's empire have fallen flat on their face this time...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:42 pm

Some of the funnier comments:

1)

"Andy said he felt good when he saw Djok feeling bad.

Then, he said, he saw Djok feeling  good and he imediately felt bad.

The question is what he was tricked (distracted) by? By Djok feeling bad or Djok feeling good?

Obviously by Djok feeling  good.

Because, while Djok was feeling bad, Andy won the second set and leaded the third by 2:0.

When Djok started feeling good, he refused to  accept that Djok  started  feeling good when he was supposed to be feeling bad.

Then he lost the third set and was bageled  the fourth.

Nobody beats Djok when he is feeling good.

I feel good. "

2)

"Modern football and modern tennis originate from Great Britain (England). Since other nations started playing those sports the British have not done so well in them. So what are they good at ? Basketball, volleyball, handball, water polo, ice hockey, skiing ? The correct answer is  : none of the above. Actually, they are only good at the things nobody else bothers to do, or play. And their press is good at making excuses for it. Poor Andy is just a puppet in the plot".

3)

"If I can bet Murray's hate was something like:

- first 10 minutes after match: 90% (goddam nole) 10% (i'm a moron)

- next 10 minutes: 50% (goddam nole) 50% (i'm a moron)

- after that: 99% (goddam, i'm a moron) 1% (that Sneaky Serb)"

4)

"Andy Murray complaining about another player's "injury drama" is like Sharapova complaining about someone's grunt. 

.....Andy Murray complaining about another player's injury drama is like...Stan Wawrinka complaining that his opponent hit his backhand too hard.

.....or Rafa complaining that the opponent is taking too much time to serve! LOL!

.....Or Monfils complaining how his opponent jumps around a bit too much.

......Serena complaining how her opponent looks so deflated and uninterested between points.

.......Fognini complaining that his opponent is always complaining... smiley"

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:22 pm

As I said I don;t think Djoko or Murray fake their injuries/problems. Especially Djoko who clearly gives away games and sets when he goes through such a patch. A player woudl never give away a game, let alone a set just for the sake of tricking an opponent. Way too risky.

However they both emphasise their problems. They certainly make it look worse than it is....though they go through huge pain playing their ridiculously physical game.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:32 pm

Tenez wrote:As I said I don;t think Djoko or Murray fake their injuries/problems. Especially Djoko who clearly gives away games and sets when he goes through such a patch. A player woudl never give away a game, let alone a set just for the sake of tricking an opponent. Way too risky.

However they both emphasise their problems. They certainly make it look worse than it is....though they go through huge pain playing their ridiculously physical game.

I agree.

Haas doesn't:

"looking like he is injured … and then moving like a cat". In an interview with German TV at a tournament in Halle, Haas claimed that "everyone in the locker room knows about it and talks about it".

It's difficult when you play against someone who is walking on the court like he is not well or is injured. I find no one does this better than Andy Murray, from time to time. Sometimes he looks like he can barely move, then comes the trainer and then he moves like a cat. I believe everyone knows this now. People talk about it in the locker room.

"Maybe he would like to take some pressure off himself. He tells himself, maybe I have a niggle or a problem, I am not feeling too well, but I'm going to try it anyway. But he is such a talented player that he really doesn't need [to do] this."

Pat Cash is blatant in a different way:

"He needs a good, hard look in the mirror and to get his head together.

He has not put up a great fight. He hasn't. Don't put a rose tint on this.
Murray has won Wimbledon and US Open titles as well as an Olympic gold medal, but this defeat was his fourth in an Australian Open final and sixth in eight Grand Slam finals.

He melted down, he absolutely collapsed. He will feel he let everyone down, but he has to look at it and say 'I can't do this again'.
Things started snowballing for him once he lost concentration and in the fourth set everything went against him.
I feel sorry for him and he is a seriously good player, but if he is to become a great player he has to fix this. He's got to focus on why he had the meltdown. If he works on that I can see him holding the Wimbledon trophy again."

Bottom line, both wore each other out but the difference in attitude and mentality showed in the last set.
Nole kept a cool head, got loose and went for his shots, Murray let the emotions overwhelm, panic & fear froze him and he just chucked one big tantrum.

No wonder Lendl left.

There is no way Nadal would have let Nole off the hook like Murray - look no further than AO 2012 final.
To be fair to Murray, he knew his tank was empty and there was not a lot he could do. Still, look how differently he handled USO 2013 final.
So...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:13 pm

Nadal let Nole of the hook in AO12. remember? Many have let Nole off the hook when they thought they had done him. .....Fed paid the price of 2 USOs for it. It's difficult when in a match situation to have to deal with an opponent not playing his best. Professional or not it really takes the focus away.

And I am sure it will happen to Djoko too soon when he'll feel he has the match in hand and then lets it slip. In fact it happened to him v Stan at the last AO (14).

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:30 pm

Good point, though I think with Stan last year Nole just did not start the match well and allowed him in (which is why he has not made the same mistake since, esp this year).

In AO 2012 final  (I still haven't seen it, just a few games & the end), it was probably on and off with both energy wise, but they both know each other well and make the most of it while the slump lasts - those slumps are much more frequent with Nole than Nadal. 
Nadal simply starts fading, but very very slowly.
Murray is different, he just stops after two sets and I noticed it ages ago which is why USO 2013 was quite peculiar.
Actually, it used to be a set and a half, so he must have got fitter.

I remember in 2012 WTF, I was cheering Nole in the match against Murray, being the best of 3 was very close and physical.

Murray was ultra keen and played aggressively.

About two games into the 2nd  set I coached Nole a bit Winking and told him that Murray is finished.

Nole tured the heat on and won easily.

I tried the same against Nadal in RG, but no luck for Nole there, he was simply spent as he didn't manage to convert one BP in the 4th.

I have never seen such a physical match in my life. It was beyond brutal. Def worse than AO 2012.

Nadal was on the ropes, too. So you could argue that the easy first few rounds helped by the fixed draw gave him advantage as he was certainly fresher.

Clay absorbs extra energy from the body just in movement, let alone all the extra shots....

I just don't know how Nadal does it with that bicep.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:02 pm

The cost of having Federer, Djokovic or Nadal is apparently 1 mil.

Marseille's ATP250 tournament director:

François Caujolle, We were close to Roger Federer, but he wanted 75,000 euros. A few years later, we contacted Rafael Nadal, who asked for 300,000 euros. Subsequently, we tested with Novak Djokovic, who would accept only 400,000 euros. Today, however, you can't have one of them for less than a million.

We will try to bring one of the top 3 in the next year.

Does anyone still have any doubts about draw fixing?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:52 pm

of course.....Would be interesting to see how many times those 3s have met Karlo in a first round. Despite Karlo being very low ranked sometimes.

The thing is those guys are worth $1M so in theory the TD shoudl make their money back. Just look at how empty the seats are when you have 2 low ranked players. Sport is all about the top players.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next