Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open

+2
Tenez
noleisthebest
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open

Post by Veejay Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:19 am

laverfan wrote:CNN Espanol and Berbadillo echo the same statement as Toni. The French website that Veejay references has unreliable information.

His representative, Benito Perez-Barbadillo, confirmed the absence of the player due to the same knee problems that forced him to withdraw the Spanish Olympic team tennis. This injury had prevented Nadal participate in the latest Wimbledon.

cnnespanol.cnn.com/2012/08/15/rafa-nadal-se-perdera-el-abierto-de-estados-unidos-de-tenis/

"This injury had prevented Nadal participate in the latest Wimbledon"

Well thats not true is it?

Veejay

Back to top Go down

nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open

Post by laverfan Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:27 am

No it is not, because Wimbledon came before Olympics. ;)

It may be CNN Espanol translator (or whatever they use) to provide the english version. I would suggest getting a Spanish language person to read the original.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:33 pm

laverfan wrote:No it is not, because Wimbledon came before Olympics. Winking

It may be CNN Espanol translator (or whatever they use) to provide the english version. I would suggest getting a Spanish language person to read the original.

What I dont understand is if Nadal was genuinely injured,why didnt we see him take any medical time outs?
I think he went the entire clay season without a single MTO,and he didnt once call a MTO in his match with Rosol.We only saw him arguing with the umpire the same way he argued with the umpire in the RG final

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:38 pm

Good news for Nadal fans:

According to Toni:

"Rafael Nadal should be fit for Spain's Davis Cup tie next month
despite the tennis superstar pulling out of the US Open due to injury"

http://www.skynews.com.au/sport/article.aspx?id=784872

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:52 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Good news for Nadal fans:

According to Toni:

[url=http://www.skynews.com.au/sport/article.aspx?id=784872

This is what I find extremely doddgy! The DC is not ruled by the ATP, correct? Could it be he is allowed to play tennis in non ATP events? Ok teh OG is not governed by ATP either but maybe it has more power over there...or maybe the OG did not want Nadal either for the reasons suggested.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:55 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Good news for Nadal fans:

According to Toni:

[url=http://www.skynews.com.au/sport/article.aspx?id=784872

This is what I find extremely doddgy! The DC is not ruled by the ATP, correct? Could it be he is allowed to play tennis in non ATP events? Ok teh OG is not governed by ATP either but maybe it has more power over there...or maybe the OG did not want Nadal either for the reasons suggested.

I was thinking the same thing,like in 09 when he played the exhibition matches but not Wimbledon

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:01 pm

Yep. Weird he coudl not commit to a slam 2 weeks away from it...but know he shoudl be fit in 4 weeks for DC.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:07 pm

It seems a bit odd that this knee injury is minor enough to continue practicing but major enough for him to withdraw from a grand slam and that he is certain that he wont be ready to compete 12 days ( almost 2 weeks) in advance but he is certain he will be ready to compete in 4 weeks time

Something else thats is strange too is that how Nadal withdraws from the U.S Open without as much as a press conference,but then 2 days later choses to have one?
Could it possibly be because he has been silently banned since Wimbledon and has been waiting for the b-sample test results to come in?

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:14 pm

Aren't the B-sample results usually coming a week or 2 max after the A one?

It could be that he is already being banned till end of season on the ATP tour..or till end of USO. I think he is more likely to have tested + in FO more than Wimbledon. Maybe Wimbledon was when the B sample result came up.

Anyway....too many questions remain open when considering Nadal....and too much specualtion from me...

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:19 pm

I wonder what would've happened had Rosol not played" "better than unbelievable" and beaten Nadal....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:20 pm

Not sure about how long B-sample results take but thats another possibility among many it seems

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:34 pm

Yes....though for me Rosol was allowed to play unbelievable by Nadal's game limitation on fresh grass...more than he played unbelievable. Nadal can make many opponents look and play "unbelievable" (Dodig, Mayer, Haase, Petzchner, Anduja, etc....).

It's like when Federer is injured, Benetteau Falla and others turn into "amazing" players.

But it is indeed a possibility that Nadal is asked to lose like it may have been the case at teh FO 2009.

Again....too much speculation.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:38 pm

I must say if there IS one thing I like about Nadal, it's the way he speaks English. I LOVE it!
Esp the way he pronounces "unbelievable tennis"It's become an in-house joke with me, whenever I can't find words to describe how good stg was I just say "unbelievable tennis" in Nadal's accent nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 563610107

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 pm

Tenez wrote:Yes....though for me Rosol was allowed to play unbelievable by Nadal's game limitation on fresh grass...more than he played unbelievable. Nadal can make many opponents look and play "unbelievable" (Dodig, Mayer, Haase, Petzchner, Anduja, etc....).

It's like when Federer is injured, Benetteau Falla and others turn into "amazing" players.

But it is indeed a possibility that Nadal is asked to lose like it may have been the case at teh FO 2009.

Asked to lose?
Never heard that before...
I recall Murray was once called up for speaking about match fixing in the game
Then there was the betting scandal involving Roger and someone at IMG who later resigned or was fired?

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:24 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I must say if there IS one thing I like about Nadal, it's the way he speaks English. I LOVE it!
Esp the way he pronounces "unbelievable tennis"It's become an in-house joke with me, whenever I can't find words to describe how good stg was I just say "unbelievable tennis" in Nadal's accent nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 563610107

Unbelievable tennis no?

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:29 pm

Veejay wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:I must say if there IS one thing I like about Nadal, it's the way he speaks English. I LOVE it!

Unbelievable tennis no?

nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 2033450363

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:30 pm

More interesting stuff...in the photo of this link there are no marks on Nadals left knee
This is also strange as one of Nadals doctors apparently claimed Nadal had "infiltration" in the knees during RG,but yet there are no marks to be seen here in the finals,but yet there are at Wimbledon in his 2nd round match

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/tennis/7077375/French-Open-final-on-hold-Nadal-2-1-up

I zoomed in about 10 times and didnt see anything

Last edited by Veejay on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:36 pm

Veejay wrote:
Tenez wrote:Yes....though for me Rosol was allowed to play unbelievable by Nadal's game limitation on fresh grass...more than he played unbelievable. Nadal can make many opponents look and play "unbelievable" (Dodig, Mayer, Haase, Petzchner, Anduja, etc....).

Asked to lose?
Then there was the betting scandal involving Roger and someone at IMG who later resigned or was fired?

If we believe in or suggest the possibilty of silent bans, as we tend to do, then they must be applied as soon as the sample B is verified. Meaning if it is during a tournament...the player may be asked to drop off (lose).

Just more speculation...

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:37 pm

Tenez wrote:
Veejay wrote:

Asked to lose?

If we believe in or suggest the possibilty of silent bans, as we tend to do, then they must be applied as soon as the sample B is verified. Meaning if it is during a tournament...the player may be asked to drop off (lose).

Just more speculation...

Ok that makes sense

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:41 pm

Didn't Nadal beat Soderling 61 60 in Madrid 09 a few weeks before the FO? DIdn't Nadal crush Hewitt pretty comfortably at the FO before losing to Sod and blame knees again?

You know what? ....more speculation..Winking

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:34 pm

Speculation used 7 times on this page. Veejay, do you realise what Internet forums provide? Winking

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:48 pm

laverfan wrote:Speculation used 7 times on this page. Veejay, do you realise what Internet forums provide? Winking

Yes I am aware Laverfan,I dont think there is anything wrong with mentioning what is being said on various forums
I'm not forcing anyone to believe anything,I just think its good to be aware of everything thats being talked about and said when discussing a certain subject Winking

Last edited by Veejay on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:53 pm

tennis-x.com/xblog/2012-08-17/10502.php

espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/8271517/tennis-time-push-panic-button-rafael-nadal

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:08 pm

laverfan wrote:tennis-x.com/xblog/2012-08-17/10502.php

espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/8271517/tennis-time-push-panic-button-rafael-nadal

I read through about half of that and was already like - pass me the bucket
Nadals poor knees...give me a break,who else plays with such a taxing style on their bodies and now we have to feel sorry for him?
This is exactly how the media were reacting back in 09,and guess what..Nadal came back the following year to win 3 majors in a row!
Career threatening my ass...!! Angry

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:55 pm

Veejay wrote:
I read through about half of that and was already like - pass me the bucket

stout might help a bit. Hug

Veejay wrote:
Nadals poor knees...give me a break,who else plays with such a taxing style on their bodies and now we have to feel sorry for him?

24 current players. - tennisinsight.com/injuries.php (Search for Knees). You can also verify it. Llodra, Haas, etc. on this list.

espn.go.com/tennis/wimbledon12/story/_/id/8077132/gael-monfils-withdraws-wimbledon-due-knee-injury

Veejay wrote:This is exactly how the media were reacting back in 09,and guess what..Nadal came back the following year to win 3 majors in a row! Career threatening my ass...!! Angry

Let us wait for 2013 to see if 2010 repeats itself. zen

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:21 pm

I agree that many players on tour suffer from injuries,some even very similar to those Nadal claims he has but no other player milks their injuries the way Nadal does.Its forever stealing front page news,denying great feats by other players their 15 mins
We are forever hearing about his injuries when we hardly ever hear about other players injuries
Look at the Olympics for instance,Nadal didn't even play but he still managed to somehow make the news all about him withdrawing from Toronto

The media do play a very big part in it as its not like Nadal holds a gun to their head forcing them to write some of those "pass me the bucket" articles but he isn't entirely innocent either
He is always playing up to the media

"Let us wait for 2013 "
Precisely my point,lets wait till next season before we start writing his obituary
The media are acting ridiculous,they did exactly the same thing back in 09 but this time round its 10 times worse

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:57 pm

Veejay wrote:
He is always playing up to the media

Because the Media chase him and hang on to what he has to say, in some cases deservedly. Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:20 pm

Look at Nadal's game. It's about destroying the talent of his opponent, bringing him down to his own lower tennis level, even if it takes to bump shoulder to shoulder at ends change. It's a very negative tennis. The man himself is very negative, the man who taught him tennis is very negative, constantly cheating, playing tricks, MTOs, side coaching and whatever they say or do is questionable.

Only die hard fans like woofie projecting their ideal lover image into this player would believe whatever he, and his team, says. But I have no doubt that if they were to know each other better, they'd very soon hate each other. It;s the distance between Nadal and his fans and the fact they actually do not know each otjher that maintain their passion untouched.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:44 pm

Tenez wrote:It's about destroying the talent of his opponent, bringing him down to his own lower tennis level

If it helps you win, why do you begrudge him that approach?

Tenez wrote:even if it takes to bump shoulder to shoulder at ends change.

... and apologising three times within a 30-second interval. Laugh There are no saints, just degrees of saintliness and the contest is for trophies, not for sainthood. Winking

Tenez wrote:It's a very negative tennis. The man himself is very negative...

50+ titles and your subjective opinion is yours, not others. There are many differing opinions. Borg used to play 40+ shot rallies to breakdown his opponents on clay, but played S&V on grass. A genius!

Tenez wrote:the man who taught him tennis is very negative, constantly cheating, playing tricks, MTOs, side coaching and whatever they say or do is questionable.

WTF are the umpires doing about it? Sleeping on their f***ing jobs? ITF/ATP which is accused of manipulating draws has no f***ing cojones to address such issues. WTF is WADA doing, sleeping on their jobs?

Side coaching which results in fines, which are levied by the same organizations, which are accused of draw-fixing. Laugh

Your constant questioning is not what everyone else, do they?

Tenez wrote:Only die hard fans like woofie projecting their ideal lover image into this player would believe whatever he, and his team, says.

Why are you dragging Woofie into this? If you need to vent your frustrations, that is all right. Can you differentiate between players and their fans. It takes all types of fans. Remember the Seles stabbing incident?

Tenez wrote:But I have no doubt that if they were to know each other better, they'd very soon hate each other. It;s the distance between Nadal and his fans and the fact they actually do not know each otjher that maintain their passion untouched.

Like your doubts over artificial enhancements to Nadal's game? Laugh I gave you examples of the Egg Chamber, the BMR machine. Can you name the players who use such techniques?

You claim to be a shrewd observer of the game and are unable to maintain a rational view. Rather surprising from someone who claims to love the sport.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:58 pm

and apologising three times within a 30-second interval. nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 2033450363 There are no saints, just degrees of saintliness and the contest is for trophies, not for sainthood. nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 1071211947

-------------------------------

I know logic is not your forte but if there are degrees of saintliness, then you must agree there are degrees of evilness, don't you?

====================

Can you differentiate between players and their fans.

-----------------------------------

Actually not. Who and what you like defines to some extend who you are.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:58 pm

Tenez wrote:Look at Nadal's game. It's about destroying the talent of his opponent, bringing him down to his own lower tennis level, even if it takes to bump shoulder to shoulder at ends change. It's a very negative tennis. The man himself is very negative, the man who taught him tennis is very negative, constantly cheating, playing tricks, MTOs, side coaching and whatever they say or do is questionable.

Only die hard fans like woofie projecting their ideal lover image into this player would believe whatever he, and his team, says. But I have no doubt that if they were to know each other better, they'd very soon hate each other. It;s the distance between Nadal and his fans and the fact they actually do not know each otjher that maintain their passion untouched.

Tenez,

I can only agree with you. Nadal is just absolutely negative player who does everything how to frighten his oponent or how to get an advantage in the play regardless what other say, having no scruples. Fair play of his play is in Antarctica. His fans hardly can be pure tennis admirers, but some frustrated fans or older women or people who lacks any judgement of tennis or something of this mixturenadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 49141995 That needs to be named directly and clearly nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 4006036031

I wrote some articles about Nadal at V2 and there were immediately deleted so I was quite surprised that I did not gain a ban there as well. Some of them was really quite spicy, it is always pity if they are deletednadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 1371890812

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:04 pm

Paul,
you MUST meet Nadal's greatest fan:

http://www.wooffiesrafaramblings.com/

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:07 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Paul,

http://www.wooffiesrafaramblings.com/

Its a pity we dont use avatars here cause Im dying to use wooffies face pic as mine

Last edited by Veejay on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:09 pm

paulcz wrote:
Tenez wrote:Look at Nadal's game. It's about destroying the talent of his opponent, bringing him down to his own lower tennis level, even if it takes to bump shoulder to shoulder at ends change. It's a very negative tennis. The man himself is very negative, the man who taught him tennis is very negative, constantly cheating, playing tricks, MTOs, side coaching and whatever they say or do is questionable.

Tenez,

I can only agree with you. Nadal is just absolutely negative player who does everything how to frighten his oponent or how to get an advantage in the play regardless what other say, having no scruples. Fair play of his play is in Antarctica. His fans hardly can be pure tennis admirers, but some frustrated fans or older women or people who lacks any judgement of tennis or something of this mixturenadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 49141995 That needs to be named directly and clearly nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 4006036031

I wrote some articles about Nadal at V2 and there were immediately deleted so I was quite surprised that I did not gain a ban there as well. Some of them was really quite spicy, it is always pity if they are deletednadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 1371890812

What do you mean by that?
Yeah youre not allowed to criticise Nadal on v2

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:13 pm

paulcz wrote:

Tenez,

Indeed. We know about Nadal's game and don't need to dwell into it too much. I don;t begrudge his tennis...As mentioned a 1000 times, I just define/describe it. It's his fans who simply can;t live with the facts.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:20 pm

That's just a small picture which unfortunately reflects the bigger one, as well.
People are prepared to swallow enormous amounts of lies because it's easier to live with lies than face the truth.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:22 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Paul,

[url=http://www.wooffiesrafaramblings.com/
http://www.wooffiesrafaramblings.com/[/quote[/url]]

I have seen it and hope that he/she will not haunt me tonight nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 2211252749

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:39 pm

Tenez wrote:
paulcz wrote:

Tenez,

Indeed. We know about Nadal's game and don't need to dwell into it too much. I don;t begrudge his tennis...As mentioned a 1000 times, I just define/describe it. It's his fans who simply can;t live with the facts.

Let us imagine that somebody will appear with Nadal´s face with the same wrestling play but without his antics. I would not watch him, but I will be not irritated by him. Nadal is only example of player who I can not stand with. I am quite dissapointed thereby how Fed says how good relationship they have. Fed has already earned enough money to hold out such a thrashnadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 2530140023

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:46 pm

paulcz wrote:Let us imagine that somebody will appear with Nadal´s face with the same wrestling play but without his antics. I would not watch him, but I will be not irritated by him. Nadal is only example of player who I can not stand with. I am quite dissapointed thereby how Fed says how good relationship they have. Fed has already earned enough money to hold out such a thrashnadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 2530140023

Yes but I think Federer talks well about Nadal, not for money reason, but not to offend the other 50% of tennis fans who support Nadal. He knows how beneficial Nadal's success was for the sport and the all the other tennis players. Those lower ranked players play day in day out in empty stadiums and having Nadal and Fed filling the seats for them is appreciated, even if indirectly.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:49 pm

Real fans appreciate more than Federer and Nadal.

Fed is all brave when he talks down Novak's retirements and non-existant issues, but has no guts to address any of Nadal's rubbish.
Instead, he puts up with it every time he stands there at the net and waits for him for the coin toss.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:03 pm

Tenez wrote:
paulcz wrote:Let us imagine that somebody will appear with Nadal´s face with the same wrestling play but without his antics. I would not watch him, but I will be not irritated by him. Nadal is only example of player who I can not stand with. I am quite dissapointed thereby how Fed says how good relationship they have. Fed has already earned enough money to hold out such a thrashnadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 2530140023

Yes but I think Federer talks well about Nadal, not for money reason, but not to offend the other 50% of tennis fans who support Nadal. He knows how beneficial Nadal's success was for the sport and the all the other tennis players. Those lower ranked players play day in day out in empty stadiums and having Nadal and Fed filling the seats for them is appreciated, even if indirectly.

I am totally convinced that NIKE supported their relationship and did everything to see them in the final. Of course money. The world tennis can not remember such a rivalry with their similar perfect relationship. Fed got too many heavy losses to go through such a mascarade. To think about Nadal´s fans at these moments is a bit sillish and also Nadal´s success tastes quite sour nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 178062613

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:06 pm

Tenez wrote:and apologising three times within a 30-second interval. nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 2033450363 There are no saints, just degrees of saintliness and the contest is for trophies, not for sainthood. nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 1071211947

-------------------------------

I know logic is not your forte but if there are degrees of saintliness, then you must agree there are degrees of evilness, don't you?

So you are now attacking me and asking me for logic, but internet rumours and reliance on those is what you consider logical and reliable information? Laugh

Tenez wrote:

Can you differentiate between players and their fans.

-----------------------------------

Actually not. Who and what you like defines to some extend who you are.

The same is true for what you 'dislike'. Whistle

So, if I like both Federer and Nadal, on average my 'positive' and 'negative' sides balance, correct? Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:09 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

Fed is all brave when he talks down Novak's retirements and non-existant issues, but has no guts to address any of Nadal's rubbish.
Instead, he puts up with it every time he stands there at the net and waits for him for the coin toss.

Like the 2-year ranking that would hurt lower-ranked players and Federer was against it. Laugh

PS: How many retirements does Federer have, NITB? Whistle

Last edited by laverfan on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:11 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Real fans appreciate more than Federer and Nadal.

nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 3157886161 Nitb, I totally agree with you. NIKE seems to be the best company for a connection of people, just like HIPPIES under flag of NIKEnadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 2474380249

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:22 pm

laverfan wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Like the 2-year ranking that would hurt lower-ranked players and Federer was against it. nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 2033450363

PS: How many retirements does Federer have, NITB? nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 123628122

I don't follow your logic at all. It's all cricket to me nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 2033450363

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:26 pm

Veejay wrote:
paulcz wrote:

Tenez,

What do you mean by that?
Yeah youre not allowed to criticise Nadal on v2

Yes Veejay, I had deleted about 3 posts at V2 which were critisizing Nadal´s behaviour on courts, so I appreciate if somebody says opinions openly.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:28 pm

Maybe LF can throw some light on your post deleting Paul, being one of the Mods on v2.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:31 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Maybe LF can throw some light on your post deleting Paul, being one of the Mods on v2.

I have deleted Veejay's posts. No PaulCZ posts yet.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:38 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
laverfan wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Like the 2-year ranking that would hurt lower-ranked players and Federer was against it. nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 2033450363

PS: How many retirements does Federer have, NITB? nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 123628122

I don't follow your logic at all. It's all cricket to me nadal - It's Official: Nadal Out Of US Open - Page 2 2033450363

Your should ask the 'logician' of the forum, Tenez, or maybe Veejay/ROTLA/Paul to explain it to you. Laugh

One of the reasons Nadal is no longer in the players council is because of Federer. Blaming Federer for Djokovic's retirements rather Cry .

Federer has clearly stated that if you are not fit, you should not come down to the court with a racquet. Remember he gave Tsonga a W/O because of his back issues, and Blake in Paris 2008. He also has had the trainer out only twice in his career, TMC 2008 and W 2012. There are not many players who can claim that. Even the famous Borg has retired from some of his matches.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:40 pm

I still don't follow your logic.
Nitpicking examples to suit your angle does not address the full picture in my original comment.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next