Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Wimbledon 2017 Talk
Today at 1:22 am by Daniel

» Who does she think she is?
Today at 12:18 am by Veejay

» Grass - 2017
Yesterday at 6:52 pm by Daniel

» U.S Election
Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:18 am by legendkillar

» The GOAT conversation will reboot...
Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:08 pm by Tenez

» Fight for #1
Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:49 am by Jahu

» Why test sportspeople for cocaine?
Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:06 pm by Daniel

» I can't fucking stand Zverev's game
Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:29 pm by ...

» Grass Season - Expectations
Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:55 am by DECIMA

June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by SayonaRa on Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:38 pm

Postscript:
Amri has been disqualified for submitting “Nadal is a better sportsman than Federer” without a link.
She must know that an opinion cannot be passed as fact without proof. Federer or/and the sportsman award are irrelevant issues when evaluating nadal’s sportsman status quo. Needless to say, no ATP players, not Fed, Djoko, Murray or any other player and nothing in the ATP are responsible for nadal’s actions. Only Nadal himself is held accountable for the stains his spelled on his own history. And thus far not only has he not accounted for his poor sportsmanship, he’s adding more reasons for people to dishonour and discredit him.
Any idiot can have a simple opinion and say things like “the earth is flat.” What purpose does it serve when no body believes it?
 
 
 

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:19 pm

I doubt even 100 sportsmanship awards can do anything to reverse such a strikingly negative history
Interesting...

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by truffin1 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:58 pm

kingraf on the v2 forum said Abe Segal- a great doubles legend from back in the day wrote an op-ed column in the South African newspaper calling Nadal a fraud and cheat after the AO-  recounted many of the fake MTO's...  lol...  It's what everyone in the sport knows- just most are afraid to say and kill one of the golden gooses.. It's guys like Abe who aren't afraid to speak their mind that blow the cover.

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:07 pm

Abe said he thought Nadal was pretending to have a back injury, because he was 'back to his best' during sets 3 and 4.

The guy is 83 years old and clearly losing his mind, Nadal was serving below 90mph, that's not 100%.

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:15 pm

And at no point does he mention the words fraud or cheat, so you are simply making that up.
He says that Nadal's 2nd set was a pretence because he was back to 100% in sets 3 and 4... which is simply nonsense.

Truffin1 wrote:The same Berdych who called Nadal's rant at the WTF during their match "the most disgusting thing I've ever seen on court"
I asked for a link or proof of this, where is it? Or are you simply making up stuff now, just like you did with the Abe Segal calling him those names?


Last edited by Julia Santamaria on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:16 pm

SR wrote:]Amri has been disqualified for submitting “Nadal is a better sportsman than Federer” without a link.
She must know that an opinion cannot be passed as fact without proof.
What proof can anyone find?
If we are to go on sportsmanship award, he is only second to Federer in terms of number of times he has won.
If we are to go through my evidence, I explain clearly why Nadal is a better sportsman than Federer.

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by Daniel on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:04 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:Abe said he thought Nadal was pretending to have a back injury, because he was 'back to his best' during sets 3 and 4.

The guy is 83 years old and clearly losing his mind, Nadal was serving below 90mph, that's not 100%.

That's your rationale is it?  Attack a guy based on age and call him senile, because the alternative is he is right?

LOL

Must be great to have your head continually in the sand.

Daniel

Posts : 2451
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:24 pm

Irrelevant of his age, he has clearly lost his marbles.

There was no way he was at his best in sets 3 and 4.
Its likely he simply had a back spasm, and it is very unlikely but not impossible that he threw the match by pretending to be injured (ie match fixing).

However the idea Nadal was at his 100% best in sets 3 and 4, as Abu suggests, is simply implausible and wrong. Nadal does not normally serve at 90 mph.

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by truffin1 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:39 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:And at no point does he mention the words fraud or cheat, so you are simply making that up.
He says that Nadal's 2nd set was a pretence because he was back to 100% in sets 3 and 4... which is simply nonsense.

Truffin1 wrote:The same Berdych who called Nadal's rant at the WTF during their match "the most disgusting thing I've ever seen on court"
I asked for a link or proof of this, where is it? Or are you simply making up stuff now, just like you did with the Abe Segal calling him those names?

good god- have you never heard of summarizing something? I didn't quote the guy that he said the exact words fraud and cheat....    he said Nadal has faked injuries in the past, called for fake mto's and listed them- which is cheating and fraudulent .  He said Nadal faked his injury in the 2nd set which is commiting a fraud-- therefore I was correct in summarizing that Abe called him a fraud and cheat... .   Get a clue AMRI...  

I don't think Nadal faked the 2nd set either- might have at first overexaggerated it to try and kill Stans momentum, but he def had some issue. The point in what Abe is saying is what so many have said-  it's the boy who cried wolf.. when you lie and cheat so many times, even when you are telling the truth- people don't believe it. That's what Nadal has created with his past faking.   It's hard to believe the guy even when he's telling the truth.

As far as Berdych- the quote was from the WTF 2010 interview transcripts on the wtf website-- we had some fun with it on Bleacher Report for months afterword.. kept showing it to the crazies like the the real ruffin.   The WTF site only shows the 2013 interviews now and has taken down the rest.  I did a quick search and don't see the 2010 transcripts anywhere.  there are plenty of articles about how Nadal has called Berdych a "bad person" lol--  and how they dont' particularly like each other. The WTF incident, the NAdal being coached at the AO in 11 that changed the match and the whole world saw on tv.   Nadal the nice guy calling someone bad.... lol.. the guy you want to use as an example of a player not liking Federer.    You've seen the youtube video of Nadals meltdown at the Berdych wtf match-- was it not bad behavior and intimidating the umpire?

Look at Stans WTF 2013 interview about how every player knows Nadal is coached.. lol-- kind of kills your new Nadal isn't coached rant.

I've tried not to respond to your increasingly desperate posts.. that whole other thread was so comical, not worth talking about, but your dragging me into your vortex again.

The sportsmanship award- as I said - shows your complete lack of logic.   Yes, Nadal for that one year was voted best sportsman.  Other years he wasn't and many wasn't even among the 3 or 4 finalists.  Federer was every time.     Nadal winning it does tell us that for that year- they felt he behaved. It was the year he finally broke out and came from behind Federers shadow as an all surface dominant player.  The players wanted to reward him... great...   It does not tell us that he was the second best sportsman in the players eyes any other years.    

What's comical is you want to have it both ways- you want other posters on here to agree the Award is the ultimate decider- which I am fine with---   yet you then claim you have proved Nadal is a better sportsman than Federer- which directly and massively is contradicted by that award.  The best you can claim with that award is Nadal is second best from an 7 or 8 year to 1 margin..........and even that's not correct- it does not tell us he's second best.

Finally- I've bit my tongue but your blaiming OCD on Nadals time wasting is horribly ignorant of the disease.  OCD suffers cannot turn it off and on.  Nadal once the rule was changed was able to speed up most of the time without it severly giving him fret or issues as evidenced by his continued success.   Its a fact, Nadal can play within the time rules when he wants and does often. He slows down when he's tired or after a big point (perfectly acceptable), he does it before importnatn pressure points (not supposed too but many do it) and he does it to disrupt his opponent (cheating).   That's a conscious abilitiy to control his actions- which is not OCD.    In fact- during the AO- the ESPN Comms were talking about Nadals bottle routine and whether it was OCD and Gilbert said that he asked Nadal why he had that routine during matches and never during practice. that he walks on lines and leaves his bottles in different places during practice.   Gilbert said Nadal told him it was because  "he doesn't focus in practice like in matches" and went on to say that the bottles, lines give him a comfort on court and helped him clear his mind by focusing on other things.   That is not OCD.   IF it was OCD he would have to have those rituals during every phase of his tennis playing.. practice as well as matches.    Gilbert and Navrotilova then talked about it being more superstition than anything else and Navr. talked about how she only would use the same shower at ever stadium, wouldn't walk the lines,etc and that "we all have superstitons that make us feel more in control"    Nadal himself has said he is not an OCD sufferer.. He says they are just routines.  He even shrugged off when Matsovic knocked over his bottles during a match- an OCD sufferer would have had a hard time dealing with it. The only person in Nadals camp who has said OCD is Toni and we know he's full of crap 
 You are horribly insensitive and ignorant to claim with no knowledge that as an excuse for his behavior..

Nadal is coached and his uncle does signal him.  Multiple players talk about it, (look at Stans wtf interview) many shrug it off as just Rafa being rafa or are afraid to rock the boat.  Every Commentator has pointed it out. The ESPN guys get a kick out of it and show Toni doing it nearly every match here in the USA.. It's blatantly open..   Nadal has been fined and warned repeatedly.. 3 times in 7 matches at the AO- an umpire gave him warning.    IW last year he was busted and gave a comical rant to the umpire that toni was speaking Spanish and they couldn't understand it, but the umpire brought over the linesjudge who COULD speak Spanish and heard every word.. Nadal was mortified being caught in the lie.   Wimbledon- fined for coaching..the list goes on and on............... You can say it doesn't matter, you can say it doesn't mean anything and isn't a big deal-- that's an opinion, but you are off the wall if you claim Nadal is not coached often.

I'm done with it... have fun with your typical circling around the facts, picking out a few words we write in haste to try and prove something not true...    It's all so stupid. 

Nadal is not a monster, not a horrible person- does some good- but he is not a great sportsman, if a fraud by doping and cheating his way to success..   It's not that unusual and plenty of fans have defended all the other guys who did it just as much as you do...    Some Armstrong fans still claim it's all one big lie and LA was forced to admit to something he didnt' really do.. smh.... fanatics like you and your fellow nadal worshipers.

You;ve admitted you know nothing about tennis-  posted it on here for all of us to see.   So why should we believe anything you say?

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by truffin1 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:42 pm

FedererKing wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:Abe said he thought Nadal was pretending to have a back injury, because he was 'back to his best' during sets 3 and 4.

The guy is 83 years old and clearly losing his mind, Nadal was serving below 90mph, that's not 100%.

That's your rationale is it?  Attack a guy based on age and call him senile, because the alternative is he is right?

LOL

Must be great to have your head continually in the sand.

Abe is a former great player and regulary writes a column for the newspaper. he is opinionated but far from senile and its just typical shameful nadal fan behavior to attack him because of his age and call him senile...     I had that happen to me on Bleacher because of being older and it was just so typical... as soon as an older person says something a younger doesn't like- they age discrimate... no different than racial discrimination.. Shame on Amri-- I would hope AMri removes those offensive comments about someone just because he has an opinion of Nadal that doesn't jive with Amri's worship.

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:54 pm

truffin1 wrote:
FedererKing wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:Abe said he thought Nadal was pretending to have a back injury, because he was 'back to his best' during sets 3 and 4.

The guy is 83 years old and clearly losing his mind, Nadal was serving below 90mph, that's not 100%.

That's your rationale is it?  Attack a guy based on age and call him senile, because the alternative is he is right?

LOL

Must be great to have your head continually in the sand.

Abe is a former great player and regulary writes a column for the newspaper. he is opinionated but far from senile and its just typical shameful nadal fan behavior to attack him because of his age and call him senile...     I had that happen to me on Bleacher because of being older and it was just so typical... as soon as an older person says something a younger doesn't like- they age discrimate... no different than racial discrimination.. Shame on Amri-- I would hope AMri removes those offensive comments about someone just because he has an opinion of Nadal that doesn't jive with Amri's worship.
I am sorry, irrelevant of this guys age, he has lost all sense of logic.
There is no way Nadal in sets 3 and 4 were him at 100%, as I said he was either still injured or still match fixing... but him serving at 90mph was not normal.

My personal theory is that the older you get, the more wise and more intelligent you become. Certainly the most wise and intelligent people I know are even older than Abe, and I take a lot of advice from the older generation (about life mainly, not tennis). Abu has clearly lost sense of logic, and is not representative of his age group.

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by Daniel on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:00 pm

Julia, get this into your skull:  Nadal is never at 100%. Nor is ANY player.  Part of tennis is to adapt to circumstances and work through issues, and adapt play so that you are as good as you can be, especially in a final.

Stop using "100%", it's embarrassing and shows a complete lack of how human physiology and sport work.

Daniel

Posts : 2451
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:25 pm

FedererKing wrote:Julia, get this into your skull:  Nadal is never at 100%. Nor is ANY player.  Part of tennis is to adapt to circumstances and work through issues, and adapt play so that you are as good as you can be, especially in a final.

Stop using "100%", it's embarrassing and shows a complete lack of how human physiology and sport work.
I can understand human physiology and pain very well.
Of course many players get niggles, but they can deal with it (pain killers, cream etc.) and still deliver at or close to their highest standard.
However Nadal, could not do this.

That's what I mean with the terminology 100%, it is not meant to be literal, if you wish I will not use that phrase anymore.
But Federer with his back problems against Nadal at Indian Wells hindered him, as did Nadal's back injury against Wawrinka.
I accept that injuries are a part of tennis, Wawrinka fully deserved his victory... it is the players job to not get injured during matches. I fully accept that.

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by truffin1 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:31 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
truffin1 wrote:
FedererKing wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:Abe said he thought Nadal was pretending to have a back injury, because he was 'back to his best' during sets 3 and 4.

The guy is 83 years old and clearly losing his mind, Nadal was serving below 90mph, that's not 100%.

That's your rationale is it?  Attack a guy based on age and call him senile, because the alternative is he is right?

LOL

Must be great to have your head continually in the sand.

Abe is a former great player and regulary writes a column for the newspaper. he is opinionated but far from senile and its just typical shameful nadal fan behavior to attack him because of his age and call him senile...     I had that happen to me on Bleacher because of being older and it was just so typical... as soon as an older person says something a younger doesn't like- they age discrimate... no different than racial discrimination.. Shame on Amri-- I would hope AMri removes those offensive comments about someone just because he has an opinion of Nadal that doesn't jive with Amri's worship.
I am sorry, irrelevant of this guys age, he has lost all sense of logic.
There is no way Nadal in sets 3 and 4 were him at 100%, as I said he was either still injured or still match fixing... but him serving at 90mph was not normal.

My personal theory is that the older you get, the more wise and more intelligent you become. Certainly the most wise and intelligent people I know are even older than Abe, and I take a lot of advice from the older generation (about life mainly, not tennis). Abu has clearly lost sense of logic, and is not representative of his age group.
Nice backtrack, but the cat is out of the bag... you're just discriminatory and no different than a racist-- immediately went to his age as a reason he is losing his mind..  Disgusting.

Typical when fans don't have a rational comeback to something someone says- just sink to the lows of age or race discrimination.   I'm done with you. You clearly have no ability to see anything beyond the fairytale you've created about Nadal.

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:41 pm

truffin1 wrote:

Julia Santamaria wrote:My personal theory is that the older you get, the more wise and more intelligent you become. Certainly the most wise and intelligent people I know are even older than Abe, and I take a lot of advice from the older generation (about life mainly, not tennis). Abu has clearly lost sense of logic, and is not representative of his age group.
Nice backtrack, but the cat is out of the bag... you're just discriminatory and no different than a racist-- immediately went to his age as a reason he is losing his mind..  Disgusting.

Typical when fans don't have a rational comeback to something someone says- just sink to the lows of age or race discrimination.   I'm done with you. You clearly have no ability to see anything beyond the fairytale you've created about Nadal.
What on earth are you talking about?
Really I am discriminating against younger people, as I have said in general older people tend to be wiser. But I myself am quite young (relatively), so I think discriminating against myself is not so bad.
However it is also a true fact that in some cases an increase in age could lead to a decrease in cognitive ability. Clearly as he had judged Nadal to be at a normal level in sets 3 and 4, which he wasn't; Abe was in the latter category- I believe the minority of people his age. This is what I was trying to say, get a grip before rambling on about racist discrimination, which I have been the victim of before... infact it's disgraceful for you to say so.

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:21 pm

Edit: Dp


Last edited by Julia Santamaria on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by truffin1 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:25 pm

You said - he's 83 and clearly losing his mind. Anyone can see you were saying he was senile because if age. I don't have to explain to you how that is age discrimination. Who are you fooling?
After we call you on it. You start waxing poetic about how older people are wise and now trying to use that post as cover.

Then you try to turn it on me using the same condemnation I gave to you- when I say nothin of your race or age.
What you said and insinuated was discrimination and I have every right to point it out.

Please refrain from further posts directed at me.

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:31 pm

I have clearly explained myself, numerous times, but unfortunately due to your phoney outrage you are not reading what I'm writing.
Anyone who comes to that logic as he did, is losing his mind, as I explicitly stated earlier.

Infact I said that on the whole older people tend to be wiser, and he is in the minority... but as usual you missed that. You trying to compare this to age and race discrimination is a disgrace and is diluting what are serious problems in our society, you should apologise for your disgraceful words.

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:31 pm

truffin1 wrote:I don't think Nadal faked the 2nd set either- might have at first overexaggerated it to try and kill Stans momentum, but he def had some issue. The point in what Abe is saying is what so many have said-  it's the boy who cried wolf.
No, that is not what he was saying. Abe was saying that Nadal had no injury and was playing normal. This is distinctly different to what you were saying.

As far as Berdych- the quote was from the WTF 2010 interview transcripts on the wtf website--
So you have no proof or evidence he said that at all then??
I saw the BBC match report, and it mentioned Berdych's interview, and it said nothing close to what you said at all.

What's comical is you want to have it both ways- you want other posters on here to agree the Award is the ultimate decider- which I am fine with---   yet you then claim you have proved Nadal is a better sportsman than Federer- which directly and massively is contradicted by that award.
No, this is proof that you have not been paying great attention to my posts, I am explicitly not saying that.

Firstly Nadal has been nominated the second most times in recent years (so thus always in the top few sportsman according to the Edberg award), and also has won the award second most times apart from Federer. So given that we don't have all the detailed data, it is pretty plausible to suggest Nadal is second behind Federer in terms of the Edberg award.
Secondly if you followed my argument, I actually said Nadal winning the Edberg award was highly superficial, as it is a superficial award. My argument against the Edberg award was one nobody could refute... that it gives a disadvantage to lesser known players who may be better sportsman. Lots of times they will be playing under huge financial pressure, with the low prize money in the lower tours, sometimes going out early in tournaments will not even cover the costs of the tour. They may even have to give up playing the sport they love professionally... that is pressure.

Gilbert said that he asked Nadal why he had that routine during matches and never during practice.
Last summer I did work experience with a psychiatrist and I could also work with many patients who had a range of mental illnesses, including Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
Having asked about the different circumstances people with OCD carry out their 'compulses', the consultant told me that a huge part of the condition is anxiety and stress, with a irrational belief that if they compulses aren't carried out, the cause for this anxiety won't be solved.
I could see the evidence when a patient came in with his symptoms very bad... and the reason was his son was going through surgery which was stressful for him.
OCD is not something that can be turned on or off, but led my anxiety and fear, and an irrational belief that without doing certain things the problem will not get solved.
Hence during practice, where Nadal has not much to lose, or when Nadal feels he has already lost the match (very very rare) and thus has nothing to lose, he is less likely to go through with the rituals.
Do you really think Nadal, in front of massive audiences of thousands of people, would scratch his butt everytime in the same way for the fun of it?

Nadal once the rule was changed was able to speed up most of the time without it severly giving him fret or issues as evidenced by his continued success.
Actually, the compulses continued.
The only way he saved on time was having two ballboys with towels, which saved only a few seconds.

truffin wrote:smh.... fanatics like you and your fellow nadal worshipers.
You know what ad hominem attacks and insulting labelling shows Truffin?
Not only is it disgraceful, and uncalled for in debates, but it also exposes how insecure you are in your position in the debate. Absolutely appalling stuff.

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by truffin1 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:53 pm

Your posts are like a tick down of the playbook when someone is caught being discriminatory or racist. 1st classic move is to deny you meant it in a discrimatory way, then you wax poetic about how wise old people are, then you try to turn the focus onto the apology instead of your original statement, then you attack the accuser. Time and again that what the racists and discriminators do, and you went right for it.

You know you used his age to infer he was losing his mind because of it. You didn't need to mention his age, but you did and the only reason was to use it to say he was a crazy old man. We all know that's what you meant. "He's 83 and clearly lost his mind". If that was okay to say you wouldn't have tried to explain it away and talk about how you thin old people are so wise- only after we called you on it. Then when no one calls for that- you try and turn the tables on me and say I am the one out of line. I did not mention your age or race, nor would I. You even pull out the classic - how dare I be accused of discrimination because I've been discriminated against. Like that absolves you and makes it okay. You not even original in your outrage- just saying the same thing all those caught said.

Bottom line- your intent and statement was terrible and all of your indignant blister won't change that. Shame on you again for just not apologizing and instead attacking.

I'm not interested in furthering this- I've said my peace and if you have more to say to e take it somewhere else. If a sincere discussion is needed you can pm me, but please refrain from more posts involving me.

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:57 pm

I have clearly explained myself, numerous times, but unfortunately due to your phoney outrage you are not reading what I'm writing.
Anyone who comes to that logic as he did, is losing his mind, as I explicitly stated earlier.

Infact I said that on the whole older people tend to be wiser, and he is in the minority... but as usual you missed that. You trying to compare this to age and race discrimination is a disgrace and is diluting what are serious problems in our society, you should apologise for your disgraceful words. 

You even pull out the classic - how dare I be accused of discrimination because I've been discriminated against.
I did not say those words at all, more lies.

This is classic; ad hominem attacks calling me a fanatic, then phoney outrage based on nonsense accusations, and then simply misquoting me with lies.
Disgraceful behaviour.

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:18 am

And yet you could focus on ad hominem attacks, but not reply to this:

truffin1 wrote:I don't think Nadal faked the 2nd set either- might have at first overexaggerated it to try and kill Stans momentum, but he def had some issue. The point in what Abe is saying is what so many have said-  it's the boy who cried wolf.
No, that is not what he was saying. Abe was saying that Nadal had no injury and was playing normal. This is distinctly different to what you were saying.

As far as Berdych- the quote was from the WTF 2010 interview transcripts on the wtf website--
So you have no proof or evidence he said that at all then??
I saw the BBC match report, and it mentioned Berdych's interview, and it said nothing close to what you said at all.

What's comical is you want to have it both ways- you want other posters on here to agree the Award is the ultimate decider- which I am fine with---   yet you then claim you have proved Nadal is a better sportsman than Federer- which directly and massively is contradicted by that award.
No, this is proof that you have not been paying great attention to my posts, I am explicitly not saying that.

Firstly Nadal has been nominated the second most times in recent years (so thus always in the top few sportsman according to the Edberg award), and also has won the award second most times apart from Federer. So given that we don't have all the detailed data, it is pretty plausible to suggest Nadal is second behind Federer in terms of the Edberg award.
Secondly if you followed my argument, I actually said Nadal winning the Edberg award was highly superficial, as it is a superficial award. My argument against the Edberg award was one nobody could refute... that it gives a disadvantage to lesser known players who may be better sportsman. Lots of times they will be playing under huge financial pressure, with the low prize money in the lower tours, sometimes going out early in tournaments will not even cover the costs of the tour. They may even have to give up playing the sport they love professionally... that is pressure.

Gilbert said that he asked Nadal why he had that routine during matches and never during practice.
Last summer I did work experience with a psychiatrist and I could also work with many patients who had a range of mental illnesses, including Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
Having asked about the different circumstances people with OCD carry out their 'compulses', the consultant told me that a huge part of the condition is anxiety and stress, with a irrational belief that if they compulses aren't carried out, the cause for this anxiety won't be solved.
I could see the evidence when a patient came in with his symptoms very bad... and the reason was his son was going through surgery which was stressful for him.
OCD is not something that can be turned on or off, but led my anxiety and fear, and an irrational belief that without doing certain things the problem will not get solved.
Hence during practice, where Nadal has not much to lose, or when Nadal feels he has already lost the match (very very rare) and thus has nothing to lose, he is less likely to go through with the rituals.
Do you really think Nadal, in front of massive audiences of thousands of people, would scratch his butt everytime in the same way for the fun of it?

Nadal once the rule was changed was able to speed up most of the time without it severly giving him fret or issues as evidenced by his continued success.
Actually, the compulses continued.
The only way he saved on time was having two ballboys with towels, which saved only a few seconds.

truffin wrote:smh.... fanatics like you and your fellow nadal worshipers.
You know what ad hominem attacks and insulting labelling shows Truffin?
Not only is it disgraceful, and uncalled for in debates, but it also exposes how insecure you are in your position in the debate. Absolutely appalling stuff.

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by mikeyM1000 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:48 am

'ad hominem' - ad nauseam

mikeyM1000

Posts : 231
Join date : 2012-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:49 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Latin_words_with_English_derivatives

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by SayonaRa on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:39 am

mikeyM1000 wrote:'ad hominem' - ad nauseam

Hello Julius, welcome!
Excellent, best 4-word short-hand respond, and in Latin too!  I mean it.

Just wondering how you can put up with hawkeye and Haddie day in and day out. They specialise in exactly the same child-like fallacies often without even realising how silly and mindless they sound. At least I think Amri knows in her heart her most absurd statement like her latest fantasy “nadal is a better sportsman than Federer” doesn’t have a leg to stand on. OTHERWISE SHE WOULD HAVE CREATED A THREAD LONG AGO TO SPREAD IT. But she won’t admit it. 

Amazing so many nadal fans see nothing wrong in actions that only goes further to prove and confirm their own lack of credibility, just like the idol they worship. 


Amri, butt out. Grown-ups are talking here. 

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by SayonaRa on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:47 am

Julia Santamaria wrote:If I block you that means I will no longer be able to see your posts, or access and threads you have written.

And I think I have provided the relevant proof, and thus answered your question. Nadal is a fantastic ambassador for the sport, and a better sportsman than Federer. I was watching an interview with the TD of Doha, and he was echoing who Nadal is the perfect example to young players.

No you haven't. You're not speaking in the affirmative. Not a single link. Enough of your lies.Look at the mess you’ve already made with constant lying and bluffing. Now go back to your room with all your fallen toys. And don’t slam the door behind you.

And one more thing. Yes, please block me.

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by ... on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:48 am

I never liked this quote we were forced to learn at school, in fact I still find Latin a complete waste of time. Just something people like to boast with.
Homo homini lupus est.
Hence this rebel repost Winking

noleisthebest wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote: In my club you'd tend to find more people agree with me that Nadal is more humble and a better sportsman. Berdych's interview on this subject a few years ago was very revealing.

That is very true.
So many people follow tennis superficially for all kinds of different reasons: some have just started, some don't have the need to understand how it works, some just don't care.
To me, they are like World's ninth wonder. I will never be able to understand them, how they view the life through this haze of half-interested laziness. But that's how people are.
It has always been like that.
By the mere fact that Nadal has won so much and as such has been nourished and nurtured by media, all that went behind the scenes as a snowball effect, whether we like it or not - he has attracted a lot of people to tennis.
Most of them will probably lose that weak interest once he is gone, but some will stay.

I believe in education, as I myself have learnt so much since I started following tennis. I used to like players because they were cute, as well once  Blush 

Obnoxious as Nadal is to a lot of us here, he will eventually disappear one day.

For some people, tennis is a big love, and they will continue to fight for it.
For every Adam Helfant, there will be a Brad Drewitt. For every Rafael Nadal there will be a Roger Federer.
For every v2, there will be an OTF!

Long live our beautiful tennis! Bubbly

...

Posts : 23911
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:55 am

SR wrote: At least I think Amri knows in her heart her most absurd statement like her latest fantasy “nadal is a better sportsman than Federer” doesn’t have a leg to stand on. OTHERWISE SHE WOULD HAVE CREATED A THREAD LONG AGO TO SPREAD IT. But she won’t admit it. [/justify]
Look, if I wanted to create a thread for every opinion I have on tennis, I would be filling up the homepage. I don't bring every opinion of mine to a thread.

SR wrote:
Amazing so many nadal fans see nothing wrong in actions that only goes further to prove and confirm their own lack of credibility, just like the idol they worship. 


Amri, butt out. Grown-ups are talking here. 
The fact you are once again attacking me personally, rather than the points I make, shows how weak your points are. Attacking the poster is the lowest form of debate.

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:57 am

noleisthebest wrote:I never liked this quote we were forced to learn at school, in fact I still find Latin a complete waste of time. Just something people like to boast with.

It's not necessarily the most useful language, but fun to learn compared to other languages.
I did some Ancient Greek as well at GCSE... that got tedious smiley

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:02 am

noleisthebest wrote:
That is very true.
So many people follow tennis superficially for all kinds of different reasons: some have just started, some don't have the need to understand how it works, some just don't care.
To me, they are like World's ninth wonder. I will never be able to understand them, how they view the life through this haze of half-interested laziness. But that's how people are.
It has always been like that.
By the mere fact that Nadal has won so much and as such has been nourished and nurtured by media, all that went behind the scenes as a snowball effect, whether we like it or not - he has attracted a lot of people to tennis.
Most of them will probably lose that weak interest once he is gone, but some will stay.

I believe in education, as I myself have learnt so much since I started following tennis. I used to like players because they were cute, as well once  Blush 

Obnoxious as Nadal is to a lot of us here, he will eventually disappear one day.

For some people, tennis is a big love, and they will continue to fight for it.
For every Adam Helfant, there will be a Brad Drewitt. For every Rafael Nadal there will be a Roger Federer.
For every v2, there will be an OTF!

Long live our beautiful tennis! Bubbly
Passionate post NITB, and unlike SR shows that you can put your opinion forward without personally attacking the person with a different opinion.

I must say though, I respectfully disagree with your post.
I know many who have been inspired by Nadal, including myself, and he has been positive for so many tennis fans.

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by ... on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:10 am

Julia Santamaria wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:I never liked this quote we were forced to learn at school, in fact I still find Latin a complete waste of time. Just something people like to boast with.

It's not necessarily the most useful language, but fun to learn compared to other languages.
I did some Ancient Greek as well at GCSE... that got tedious smiley

I wish I did Greek instead of Latin, but had no choice. Still think a complete waste of time. Skived many a lesson and went to the swimming pool or cinema instead as a show of rebellion.

...

Posts : 23911
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by SayonaRa on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:12 am

Amri, cut the BS already, are your blocking me, yes or No?

Don't make empty threats you have no guts to back up. Yes or no?

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:13 am

SR wrote:Amri, cut the BS already, are your blocking me, yes or No?

Don't make empty threats you have no guts to back up. Yes or no?
As soon as I figure out how to, I will.

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:14 am

noleisthebest wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:I never liked this quote we were forced to learn at school, in fact I still find Latin a complete waste of time. Just something people like to boast with.

It's not necessarily the most useful language, but fun to learn compared to other languages.
I did some Ancient Greek as well at GCSE... that got tedious smiley

I wish I did Greek instead of Latin, but had no choice. Still think a complete waste of time. Skived many a lesson and went to the swimming pool or cinema instead as a show of rebellion.
Naughty NITB  Peace Dove 

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by SayonaRa on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:26 am

Julia Santamaria wrote:
SR wrote:Amri, cut the BS already, are your blocking me, yes or No?

Don't make empty threats you have no guts to back up. Yes or no?
As soon as I figure out how to, I will.
Someone is not doing a very good job lying and bluffing. Laugh

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by SayonaRa on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:40 am

Amri, I didn't complaint about your offensive announcement "SR should let truffin argue for you from now on" and many other such personal attacks. Like I said, if you can't handle "insults", go to your room!

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:41 pm

SR wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:
SR wrote:Amri, cut the BS already, are your blocking me, yes or No?

Don't make empty threats you have no guts to back up. Yes or no?
As soon as I figure out how to, I will.
Someone is not doing a very good job lying and bluffing. Laugh
No, there's no way to block someone on this forum.

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by SayonaRa on Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:01 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I never liked this quote we were forced to learn at school, in fact I still find Latin a complete waste of time. Just something people like to boast with.
Homo homini lupus est.
Hence this rebel repost Winking

noleisthebest wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote: In my club you'd tend to find more people agree with me that Nadal is more humble and a better sportsman. Berdych's interview on this subject a few years ago was very revealing.

That is very true.
So many people follow tennis superficially for all kinds of different reasons: some have just started, some don't have the need to understand how it works, some just don't care.
To me, they are like World's ninth wonder. I will never be able to understand them, how they view the life through this haze of half-interested laziness. But that's how people are.
It has always been like that.
By the mere fact that Nadal has won so much and as such has been nourished and nurtured by media, all that went behind the scenes as a snowball effect, whether we like it or not - he has attracted a lot of people to tennis.
Most of them will probably lose that weak interest once he is gone, but some will stay.

I believe in education, as I myself have learnt so much since I started following tennis. I used to like players because they were cute, as well once  Blush 

Obnoxious as Nadal is to a lot of us here, he will eventually disappear one day.

For some people, tennis is a big love, and they will continue to fight for it.
For every Adam Helfant, there will be a Brad Drewitt. For every Rafael Nadal there will be a Roger Federer.
For every v2, there will be an OTF!

Long live our beautiful tennis! Bubbly
Thanks for your entry and apologies for the late response. Many issues here. Not sure if I'm following everything you said. First, what are your referring to when you say "that's very true"?

Must agree with your ying-yang type of reasoning re Fed-Nadal. Actually, I 'm happy we have a fraudulent sportsman like nadal because everything about him reemphasizes how special Fed is. Even now, I think Djoko and every ATP player also benefits from being compared to nadal, simple because he's the sports most over-rated player.

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by ... on Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:04 pm

I must say I do find it amusing how sometimes we bite our heads off in heated discussions on forums and yet when watching a live match in the stands we sit next to each other so peaceably.

I am a right terror now and then when I get into my cheering "mood".
In the WTF 2012 final, these poor two Fed chubby Italian fans had the patience of saints with my flag-waving above their heads.

After one point in which Fed returned Nole's 1st serve with a BH drop-shot winner, I yelled out "Bravo Roger!" and got a roar of approval from everyone around me Laugh
It was only then I realised I was the only Nole fan in that section...  Blush 

This year, I behaved a bit better, I even C'moned Fed in a few needed moments, not that he needed me in the packed red and white RF logoed O2....
I admit I like a bit of an atmosphere both in matches and forums....so long as it's in good spirits!

...

Posts : 23911
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by ... on Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:13 pm

SR wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:I never liked this quote we were forced to learn at school, in fact I still find Latin a complete waste of time. Just something people like to boast with.
Homo homini lupus est.
Hence this rebel repost Winking

noleisthebest wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote: In my club you'd tend to find more people agree with me that Nadal is more humble and a better sportsman. Berdych's interview on this subject a few years ago was very revealing.

That is very true.
So many people follow tennis superficially for all kinds of different reasons: some have just started, some don't have the need to understand how it works, some just don't care.
To me, they are like World's ninth wonder. I will never be able to understand them, how they view the life through this haze of half-interested laziness. But that's how people are.
It has always been like that.
By the mere fact that Nadal has won so much and as such has been nourished and nurtured by media, all that went behind the scenes as a snowball effect, whether we like it or not - he has attracted a lot of people to tennis.
Most of them will probably lose that weak interest once he is gone, but some will stay.

I believe in education, as I myself have learnt so much since I started following tennis. I used to like players because they were cute, as well once  Blush 

Obnoxious as Nadal is to a lot of us here, he will eventually disappear one day.

For some people, tennis is a big love, and they will continue to fight for it.
For every Adam Helfant, there will be a Brad Drewitt. For every Rafael Nadal there will be a Roger Federer.
For every v2, there will be an OTF!

Long live our beautiful tennis! Bubbly
Thanks for your entry and apologies for the late response. Many issues here. Not sure if I'm following everything you said. First, what are your referring to when you say "that's very true"?

Must agree with your ying-yang type of reasoning re Fed-Nadal. Actually, I 'm happy we have a fraudulent sportsman like nadal because everything about him reemphasizes how special Fed is. Even now, I think Djoko and every ATP player also benefits from being compared to nadal, simple because he's the sports most over-rated player.

"It's very true" that many people think the world of Nadal. Even the head coach in my club who is quite a prominent figure in senior GB tennis....AND plays his tennis with a SBH said he "loves watching Nadal"

I thought he was pulling my leg but he wasn't!!!

To us who see Nadal for what he is, it's unimaginable that others don't...but there are many, many who don't...just like there are many who eat junk food, listen to junk music...

Nadal often brings the best out of Nole's tennis, and is like the black background against it's hard not to shine Winking

And yes...imagine how boring tennis forums would be without our dear Rafito and his crafty Uncle!

Mind you, I really feel for the poor players that have to put up with it all.

...

Posts : 23911
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:24 pm

"It's very true" that many people think the world of Nadal. Even the head coach in my club who is quite a prominent figure in senior GB tennis....AND plays his tennis with a SBH said he "loves watching Nadal"
Similar situation in my club.
Be humble, and try your best in every moment; it is lucky so many sports fans have a fantastic role model like Nadal.

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by ... on Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:29 pm

Amri,
ALL players try their best...the idea is th play sport fairly and with no cheating, be chivalrous not Machiavelian.

...

Posts : 23911
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by SayonaRa on Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:37 pm

@ nitb,

Nah, what heated discussion? I keep my cool and sanity (hopefully) reading only selectively posts that warrant my attention. I dunno. Amri’s the one who wants to block me.  
 
People can say anything they want in a forum. But this is not a kindergarten playground. All must respect that there’s an unspoken rule/code of decorum: A poster cannot state an unfounded opinion as fact and expect people who know better to mindlessly engage him/her in a purely personal fantasy.

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:43 pm

SR wrote: All must respect that there’s an unspoken rule/code of decorum: A poster cannot state an unfounded opinion as fact
Pot, Kettle, Black.

DECIMA

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by SayonaRa on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:30 pm

That's so l,a,m,e. 
Vamos, cry me a river!

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by Tenez on Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:48 am

In short, we had to have a Nadal as a tennis player and it's timing onto the scene was simply perfect!.....He had to bear all the negative facets of tennis to counter all the positives of Federer's....and the few negative sides of federer are nicely countered by the few positives Nadal brought. 

It's no harsard that McEnroe came to counter Borg, that Becker came at the same time as Edberg, Agassi/Sampras and now Federer Nadal

Nature constantly fights with Itslef...that how It involves and gets better.

Tenez

Posts : 16038
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by SayonaRa on Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:13 pm

Yes, the law of cosmic counter-balance is very much alive and well on the tennis court.

Still, fans who picked nadal want the world to treat the Tainted One like Federer. An impossible dream, no?

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by Tenez on Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:43 pm

https://fr.sports.yahoo.com/news/video-nadal-perd-terre-battue-dit-%C3%A0-larbitre-101059143--spt.html

====================
Another case of Nadal threatening yet again another referee: "I don't ever want to you on the same court as me"

That is bad. Carlos is a good referee....just trying to apply the rule but the poor guy is being bullied. It is very clear now why referees were reluctant to apply the rule. Imagine next year, one condition for Rio's TD to have Nadal woudl be not give him Carlos as a referee.

Terrible. What does Toni and his so called strong etiquette says?

Tenez

Posts : 16038
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by Tenez on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:26 pm

Tenez wrote:https://fr.sports.yahoo.com/news/video-nadal-perd-terre-battue-dit-%C3%A0-larbitre-101059143--spt.html

====================
Another case of Nadal threatening yet again another referee: "I don't ever want to you on the same court as me"

That is bad. Carlos is a good referee....just trying to apply the rule but the poor guy is being bullied. It is very clear now why referees were reluctant to apply the rule. Imagine next year, one condition for Rio's TD to have Nadal woudl be not give him Carlos as a referee.

Terrible. What does Toni and his so called strong etiquette says?

Translation: «Je n'en peux plus de toi, tu es celui qui me met le plus de pression sur le circuit, s'est énervé l'Espagnol, obligé de se presser au service. Je vais te dire une chose, je vais demander à ce que tu ne m'arbitres plus jamais, ce n'est plus possible.»

"I am fed up with you. You are the referee who puts most pressure on me , says teh Spaniard, forced to speed up his serve. I am telling you something,, I will ask that you never referee me again. It is not possible anymore.

This clearly shows that Nadal is desperate to bend the rule to allow his gruelling tennis.

This is to me as bad as doping! Gaining an unfair advantage which he has done all his career .

Tenez

Posts : 16038
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by truffin1 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:29 am

You are exactly right- it's intimidation- the referees rely on these tournies to make a living. If they see that holding rafa to the rules results in a t.d. keeping them from a paycheck- of course thd next ref will let nadal slide. It's self preservation and happens in many sports- boxing as an example. Just like the AO td said "rafa must be protected", the td's in these minor league tournies that are paying him 1 million in fees will take it even further. A real shame.

NAdal is becoming worse and worse on court. I've noticed on bleacher and other forums that several of his diehard fans who ive seen defend him for years are even reacting with puzzlement at his demeanor and behaviour. They were blind to it in the past, but I guess it's starting to sink in.

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum