Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

GOAT  davis  edberg  

Latest topics
» This Is What A Feminist Looks Like
Today at 3:26 am by summerblues

» Djoko takes Stepanek on
Yesterday at 11:24 pm by Tenez

» The Ultimate GOAT List
Yesterday at 11:04 pm by Tenez

» Nadal whines over surface match ups with Federer in 2017
Yesterday at 6:44 pm by noleisthebest

» Davis Cup Final....Allez les Bleus!
Yesterday at 6:43 pm by noleisthebest

» Rule changes to come in tennish
Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:25 pm by Daniel

» World Tour Finals 2017
Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:14 pm by Daniel

» Jana Novotna Passes Away
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:21 am by bogbrush

» Any rugby fans?
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:45 pm by Tenez

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by SayonaRa on Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:33 pm

This is another invitation to re-visit a frequently visited subject. As the saying goes, there are many ways to skin a cat. So here we go again:
 
Many Nadal fans urge to cast Rafito as a good sportsman. However, that longing remains unfulfilled or unfullfillable, as Nadal’s notorious history to engage in atrocious gamesmanship for all to see has already given many people concrete reasons to view nadal as actually be the least trusted sportsman in tennis history. Elsewhere off court it’s also hard to promote a champ like Nadal because he has persistently been linked to doping.
 
Most, if not all, of the specific public evidence depicting Nadal in a very negative light is itemized, highlighted and discussed here and there in nitb’s thread (thank you), which I pasted below for your convenient reference:
http://ourtennisforum.forumotion.co.uk/t539-nadal-s-wishlist
 
Of course, there are many other sources elsewhere where you can find discussions of Nadal-specific sportsmanship and gamesmanship topics.
 
Given the widespread availability of the relevant records, if you agree that Nadal is the worse sportsman in tennis history, please share your reasons.
 
If you are not sure, your opinions are also valued. Please do share your thoughts as well.
 
If you disagree that Nadal is the worse sportsman in tennis history, please name the player(s) who had out-done Nadal in his assorted acts of gamesmanship. Of course, any thing else you care to add is welcomed.
 
Thanks for reading and have fun! Bubbly


Last edited by Tenez on Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:47 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling in the title.)

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by Daniel on Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:47 pm

I'd say true.  Although McEnroe is not far behind.  The difference is, McEnroe didn't resort to every single trick in the book.  And he had real talent.

The reason Nadal is the worst is:

a. fake injury time outs
b. double speak (applauds opponent then in interview after match, or days later, says something opposite)
c. only player I know that's barged into an opponent
d. fist pumping antics.  Partly deliberate to rub it in, partly his own crap attitude.
e. continually breaks time rule
f. guilty of receiving on court coaching
g. false humility
h. complaining about anything and everything that doesn't aid his victories.  Totally selfish and self serving.  Whinges about tour finals being played on hard court, whinges about blue clay, whinges about indoor tennis, whinges about faster courts, whinges about hard courts in general (says there are too many), wants 2 year rankings (because it helps him).  Nadal is the most self serving person there is in sport.
i. ego maniac
j. continually blames injuries for losses.  Likes saying "I wasn't feeling right because of X, but now is not the time to talk about that."

In short, he is a disgusting cheat, and so is his awful uncle.

Daniel

Posts : 3138
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by SayonaRa on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:42 pm

I posted this topic as an experiment and sure enough “Nadal is the worse sportsman in tennis history” is old news not attracting much attention anymore. This only re-confirms my belief that Nadal is not half the sportsman Fed is. Adding to your reasons listed above, I believe he served a silent ban for doping in 2012 right after a failed drug test around Wimbledon.
 
Toni won’t let nadal break a racquet, a harmless display not meant to disrupt the opponent’s momentum; but he has no qualm breaking the rule of the game coaching nadal mid-match and he bragging about it afterwards. No way such a crooked coach can produce an honest athlete in his charge and no wonder nadal turned out the way he did. He’s a manufactured product not trained to do any thinking for himself. That’s why comes critical moments he’s not capable of thinking independently. He needs to be told what to do with a tennis ball via on-court coaching. What a good sportsman!

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by Daniel on Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:35 pm

Do you know what the most irritating thing about it is?  The media.  The media are culpable in all this.   Very few criticize Nadal for what he does.  If you look at football, players are always attacked when they do something wrong, and villified in the press.

But Nadal does what he likes and they still call him a saint.  Rather than debate whether this "injury" of his really was as bad as he said, or simply ignoring it because it becomes a convenient excuse, they wrote page after page about "Warrior Nadal"  who "Never gave up despite injury".  In other words, they twisted it around to make it look like Nadal is great.  When really he was being an ass. At the very least they took away Stan's victory in favour of hamming up that clown.

The BBC are by far the worst.

Daniel

Posts : 3138
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by paulcz on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:32 pm

Absolutely, Nadal is the worst player in terms of sportsmanship and the poorest behaviour on the courts ever.  When you add his creepy moonballing game, he is an utter disaster at tennis.
To be honest I can't imagine somebody who could be worse in that area.

paulcz

Posts : 1747
Join date : 2012-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by SayonaRa on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:35 pm

FedererKing wrote:
But Nadal does what he likes and they still call him a saint.

No, not always. Places like the news agencies in general have to be careful of what they said. They are afraid of libel. A law suit can cost them a lot of money. It is safer to publish non-inflammatory news. But interested alert readers can go elsewhere to dig up nadal’s dirt.
Try this one: http://tennishasasteroidproblem.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/curious-case-of-rafael-nadal.html 
Here you’ll see not just nadal, but how the other atp and wta players are scrutinized.

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by SayonaRa on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:41 pm

paulcz wrote:Absolutely, Nadal is the worst player in terms of sportsmanship and the poorest behaviour on the courts ever.  When you add his creepy moonballing game, he is an utter disaster at tennis.
To be honest I can't imagine somebody who could be worse in that area.

Hi paulcz,

As I mentioned above, I posted this thread as a test, as I'm afraid I'm missing something.. Amri claims that "Nadal is a better sportsman than Federer" in my other thread Decoding Amri.....Here I'm giving her a chance to advance her brand-new and very bold hypothesis but she's nowhere to be seen.

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:04 pm

FedererKing wrote:Do you know what the most irritating thing about it is?  The media.  The media are culpable in all this.   Very few criticize Nadal for what he does.

Yes, because he's not that bad.
The only people who hate him are people like you who like Federer- and your main concern with Nadal (although you won't admit it) is that he can beat Federer so easily.

SR, firstly I think this thread is a bit repetitive; secondly I've already explained why I think he's a better sportsman than Federer, so thus the answer to this question is no.

DECIMA

Posts : 4548
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:07 pm

We were already having this discussion on another thread, I see no reason for another one on the same topic.

DECIMA

Posts : 4548
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:11 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
FedererKing wrote:Do you know what the most irritating thing about it is?  The media.  The media are culpable in all this.   Very few criticize Nadal for what he does.

Yes, because he's not that bad.
The only people who hate him are people like you who like Federer- and your main concern with Nadal (although you won't admit it) is that he can beat Federer so easily.

SR, firstly I think this thread is a bit repetitive; secondly I've already explained why I think he's a better sportsman than Federer, so thus the answer to this question is no.

He is worse and the worst sportsman of his generation. Only people who are totally nuts in "love"  with him like yourself can give excuse for whatever he does.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by SayonaRa on Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:16 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:We were already having this discussion on another thread, I see no reason for another one on the same topic.
Too bad, that's not for you to decide.

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:17 pm

SR wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:We were already having this discussion on another thread, I see no reason for another one on the same topic.
Too bad, that's not for you to decide.

I did not say you had to listen to me, open few more of these threads if you wish.

DECIMA

Posts : 4548
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by Daniel on Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:36 pm

Libel is not a good enough excuse for the press. Libel only applies when you state something as a fact or give the impression it is. Saying "Did Nadal use back injury as an excuse" is not libel if the piece then goes on to outline a personal opinion that he did.

It's also not libellous for anyone to give an opinion on his behaviour on court. And definitely not to state facts like players complaining of coaching etc. They don't do any of this. They completely ignore it.

When he bumped into Rosol deliberately, aside from a few mentions here and there it was largely forgotten.

Daniel

Posts : 3138
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by SayonaRa on Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:40 pm

SR, firstly I think this thread is a bit repetitive; secondly I've already explained why I think he's a better sportsman than Federer, so thus the answer to this question is no.

For a simple-minded reader, perhaps repetitive. Otherwise no, you’ll see. But it doesn’t matter. If there’s no interest the thread will die a natural death.
Secondly, better leave your opinion “nadal is a better sportsman than Fed” in the other thread. I know you're obsessed with Fed but the title of this thread made no mention of Fed. It’s all about nadal here. Can you focus only on “Nadal is the worse sportsman in tennis history: True or False”? Fed has nothing whatsoever to do with the question. But if you think you’re not up to the task of speaking for nadal without denigrating Fed or just bringing him into the picture, I understand. Dismissed.
Thirdly, your “no” answer is preliminarily rejected. I stated clearly in the OP: “If you disagree that Nadal is the worse sportsman in tennis history, please name the player(s) who had out-done Nadal in his assorted acts of gamesmanship.
I think you already know this but wouldn’t admit to it. The point of the present exercise is this: nadal is perceived as the worse because we have no evidence of even one other player being worse than him in sportsmanship. So needless to say, if you disagree, tell us A) who is worse than nadal in sportsmanship and B) the relevant evidence: think, what did this player do that was worse than nadal in the sportsmanship context?
Therefore Amri, name of the player in question and the evidence please. Thank you

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by SayonaRa on Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:46 pm

FedererKing wrote:Libel is not a good enough excuse for the press.  Libel only applies when you state something as a fact or give the impression it is.  Saying "Did Nadal use back injury as an excuse"  is not libel if the piece then goes on to outline a personal opinion that he did.

It's also not libellous for anyone to give an opinion on his behaviour on court.  And definitely not to state facts like players complaining of coaching etc.  They don't do any of this.  They completely ignore it.

When he bumped into Rosol deliberately, aside from a few mentions here and there it was largely forgotten.

Thing is, protecting the newspaper's financial interest is more important that exposing a fraud. I'm not saying I agree with the newspaper. But I understand they just don't want to take the trouble to deal with the smallest risks.

What do you think of the THASP site?

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by Daniel on Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:49 pm

It's not bad. Need more things like this to make sure the sport is playing fair.

Daniel

Posts : 3138
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:08 pm

So needless to say, if you disagree, tell us A) who is worse than nadal in sportsmanship and B) the relevant evidence: think, what did this player do that was worse than nadal in the sportsmanship context?
a) Federer
B) already explained on other thread

I still believe Fed and Nadal are both fantastic ambassadors for the sport.

DECIMA

Posts : 4548
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:10 pm

Secondly, better leave your opinion “nadal is a better sportsman than Fed” in the other thread. I know you're obsessed with Fed but the title of this thread made no mention of Fed. It’s all about nadal here.
?
You asked me to name another player who is a worse sportsman than Nadal, and I did.
As I said, I've already posted an explanation; a long one infact.

DECIMA

Posts : 4548
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by Daniel on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:27 pm

If you honestly believe that, then you are totally blind and possibly even insane.

Daniel

Posts : 3138
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by truffin1 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:48 pm

FedererKing wrote:If you honestly believe that, then you are totally blind and possibly even insane.


I've seen the other thread and Amri's quite insane reasoning about Federer vs. Nadal sportsmanship.. the complete misunderstanding of OCD-  it's not even worth dissecting how wrong it is. Guys- no one can change a Nadal fanatics mind when it comes to Nadal.  There isn't a person in the sport, player, commentator, former pro that thinks Nadal is a better sportsman than Federer.  Players constantly complain about Nadal, the coaching, time wasting,etc.   Federer has won the Sportsmanship award so many times even I think it's time for someone else.  Federer is seen the world over as the example for how an athtlete should act.  Yes, in 1000 + matches, playing for millions of dollars and huge glory- he's lost his cool a handful of times--- every single player has-- most under less pressure than he faces..   We can pick out an issue here and there for everyone, but it's the overall scope of their carreer year in and year out hat counts-- and no one has done it better than Federer.  You only have to read Andy Roddicks statements about Federer after the Miami match where he talks about how classy Federer is on and off the court, see countless stories like Tomic saying how Federer is the only top player who took the time to sit down with him and try and give him advice on how to be more professional, read the tourney director in Gstaad talk about how 100% committed Federer was during a childrens clinic while another top player just went through the motions and texted the whole time...
There is just no question that Federer, bad behavior every once in awhile included, is the best of the best sportman.

At the same time, Nadal has completely shot the middle finger at the tour for years.. From him and his uncles refusal not to on court coach and be coached, from the repeated time wasting, the MTO's, the sullen behavior, the actual physical contact with Rosol that is unheard of in tennis, and of course- what many of us know to be the ultimate cheating- doping.
Yes, the casual tennis fan doesn't pay attention to this stuff- if you ask a person on the street- they don't even know about Nadals antics. All most people see if a few minutes of play and a newspaper article about how so and so won.  The casual fan will think Nadal is the heir to the Federer sportsmanship throne, but every one I know (other than Nadal fanboys and girls) that has a bit of actual knowledge of the game, has played at a high level, is a coach or involved with tournaments knows the truth of Nadal and don't like the behavior. Some may respect his game and success but they know he's no great sportsman out there.. Then again, few are.  We only have to see Ferrer hitting a ball at a crying baby to know that.

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by Daniel on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:20 pm

Yeah I agree on that. I'd like to see Tsonga, Del Potro or Djokovic win it. All 3 are deserving in my opinion, especially Tsonga and Del Potro. Those 2, I'd say, are probably even above Fed in Sportsmanship, although all of the ones above are worthy.

Daniel

Posts : 3138
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by SayonaRa on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:06 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
So needless to say, if you disagree, tell us A) who is worse than nadal in sportsmanship and B) the relevant evidence: think, what did this player do that was worse than nadal in the sportsmanship context?
a) Federer
B) already explained on other thread

I still believe Fed and Nadal are both fantastic ambassadors for the sport.
Nope. Disqualified. You've ignored specific instruction to post the relevant evidence here. We're talking about concrete and self-evident visual and documented incidences. Not Amir's or your best friend's brother's opinion or explanations. 
Let me help you along. In order for you to prove that Fed is a lesser sportsman than nadal, you have to prove e.g.
- Fed paid more than 1 fine for on- court coaching;
- Fed violated the time rule between points;
- Fed insulted the umpire with "you know nothing about the game" when the umpire was merely doing his job;
- Fed ran to the loo while his opponent was just about to serve for the match;
- Fed stop randomly mid-match to rinse his hand or ran to the alley to fix his shoe lace to disrupt his opponent's momentum;
-Fed purposefully bumped into his opponent to intimidate him during change-over
-Fed announced withdrawal from a slam, using upset stomach as an excuse 2 weeks in advance
- Fed avoided playing in a WTF for no good reason;

I haven't even covered injury excuses recorded in interviews and other nadal-specific poor sportsmanship behaviour.  But you must get the picture now.

LAST WARNING:

If you disregard my clearly written requests again and come back with another totally inappropriate post without the required proof as omitted in your last reply, I will ignore and reject your entry as such.

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:07 pm

Truffin, we are going round in circles.
You have made a post similar to the one above before, and my response would be similar to the one I made a few days ago on the other thread.

In my club you'd tend to find more people agree with me that Nadal is more humble and a better sportsman. Berdych's interview on this subject a few years ago was very revealing.

DECIMA

Posts : 4548
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:08 pm

SR wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:
So needless to say, if you disagree, tell us A) who is worse than nadal in sportsmanship and B) the relevant evidence: think, what did this player do that was worse than nadal in the sportsmanship context?
a) Federer
B) already explained on other thread

I still believe Fed and Nadal are both fantastic ambassadors for the sport.
Nope. Disqualified. You've ignored specific instruction to post the relevant evidence here.
I've posted it on the other thread, and I'm not repeating it here. Honestly if you don't want to reply, then don't...


Last edited by Julia Santamaria on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

DECIMA

Posts : 4548
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:09 pm

Creating another thread on the same topic is fine, if that's what you want to do; but don't expect me to just repeat everything I've said again.

DECIMA

Posts : 4548
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by SayonaRa on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Amri,
It's not about me replying. But you running away just like nadal, because you don't have the goods to deliver. The task is beyond you. I told you before, you need to learn to lie better. 

Nadal is not even half the sports man federer is. You have failed to prove otherwise in this thread on the big stage, when everyone is watching.

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by SayonaRa on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:23 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:Creating another thread on the same topic is fine, if that's what you want to do; but don't expect me to just repeat everything I've said again.
You want to play the game and have people believe you? You repeat. What are you afraid of? I would've thought you'd feel proud to illustrate and share you smart argument with the rest of us. You were begging me to challenge you "argument" yesterday. Why so shy now?

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:31 pm

Ok let me repost, although I don't see why you couldn't reply last time:


Nadal is a better sportsman than Federer.

Nadal takes time between points because of the fact he has OCD (which even you said). He is of course more likely to take MTOs, as he gets injured more frequently than most due to his style (still managed to have a successful career though...). With modern science and the fast progress in impact medicine, it's not surprising that MTOs can make an immediate difference to his performance. On court coaching is much rarer than Nadal haters think, and it's normally Toni just becoming over-enthusiastic and shouting encouragement. Truffin's analysis of his signals are wrong, I've been to Nadal matches and Toni is always fidgeting, even before Nadal has come on court. I once kept an eye on Toni and the Nadal camp for a short while during the match, and even during the point Toni is fidgeting, I think reading into that as some sort of secret signal is far fetched.


Federer meanwhile has sworn at the umpire before, as well as swearing at his opponent. I think this sort of thing is quite intimidating, the sort of thing you expect on a football pitch rather than tennis.
In terms of pure cheating, look no further than Federer trying to con the umpire by pointing to totally the wrong mark against Nadal. I've discussed this with Tenez a few months ago, and I remember he had a few more examples of Federer doing that (which is bizarre coming from Tenez who loves Federer... but there you go).
If we're talking injury excuses, Federer has talked a lot about his back especially at the end of the 2013 season, pretty much blaming many bad performances due to that. Now it may be a valid excuse, but he's still talking about injuries which is so so bad when Nadal does it, no? See his comments after the Berdych defeat in Wimbledon 2010... pretty much directly blames his injury.

Last summer during work experience at Vitalise I was talking to someone with MND (wheelchair bound), and he told me about how a support group had done a deal with Wimbledon for him to be able to meet the players en-route from the entrance to Centre Court and the changing room for the first few days of the tournament, in a special area with access for disabled. He said many players waved and smiled, but Nadal was the only one to keep his bags down, and sign his autograph on his diary (which he showed me). This is after his Darcis loss. Federer apparently did look towards him (and the others who were with him) and smile after the Hanescu match, but apparently when he lost he just turned towards them and looked away seeming to be in a rush. You see, when Nadal does something like this, his PR team do not contact espn and make a big thing about it.

DECIMA

Posts : 4548
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:32 pm

SR: perhaps you can answer this, do you feel the Edberg award is reliable or do you agree with me on that?

Again you don't have to answer if you don't want to, and I'd also prefer it if you didn't respond with the usual ad hominem attacks.

DECIMA

Posts : 4548
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by SayonaRa on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:37 pm

truffin1 wrote:

 it's not even worth dissecting how wrong it is.

That's exactly how I feel. But when FK and I decided not to engage her, she accused us of not having the argument to challenge her. Just a travesty.

But Professor truffin, now see what you've done. The minute your appear, Amri runs away.

Did you see her comment that "SR from now on let truffin argue for you"? Laugh
It's partly my own fault. I knows she has little credibility. Just did realise it's THAT bad.

Cheers

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:39 pm

I just responded 3 times, after Truffin posted?

Right, that is another ad hominem attack from you, and I specifically asked you not to.

One more needless insult, and I will block you.

DECIMA

Posts : 4548
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by SayonaRa on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:42 pm

Oh, you're back. Good.

You obviously didn't digest a word of what I wrote yesterday about your Edberg argument. Not repeating it here because this thread is not about Fed or the Award. Why don't you just start a new thread on that if it's that important?

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by SayonaRa on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:47 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:I just responded 3 times, after Truffin posted?

Right, that is another ad hominem attack from you, and I specifically asked you not to.

One more needless insult, and I will block you.


Ok, block me from what? This is my thread. One more inappropriate reply trying to force "nadal is a better sportsman than Federer" down people throat without the relevant proof, I I should be the one to block you.

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:51 pm

If I block you that means I will no longer be able to see your posts, or access and threads you have written.

And I think I have provided the relevant proof, and thus answered your question. Nadal is a fantastic ambassador for the sport, and a better sportsman than Federer. I was watching an interview with the TD of Doha, and he was echoing who Nadal is the perfect example to young players.

DECIMA

Posts : 4548
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:53 pm

The answer to the Edberg award question is relevant to the thread, and I will explain if and when you answer.

Do you feel the Edberg award is reliable or do you agree with me on that?

DECIMA

Posts : 4548
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by Daniel on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:02 pm

You answered the question with no evidence whatsoever, and didn't even bother to explain away the incidents that Nadal has been involved in (which are far worse than anything Fed has done).  What is your take on the Rosol incident?  It's cool to bump into opponents?  Cool to coach on court (Toni and Nadal both admit they do it)?

These are things you cannot hide from.

Whether you like it or not, the vast majority of people and players believe Federer is a greater ambassador and a greater sportsman.

Daniel

Posts : 3138
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:12 pm

I am not saying Nadal is perfect, I am saying he is a great ambassador for the sport and is a better sportsman than Federer.

DECIMA

Posts : 4548
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:19 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote: In my club you'd tend to find more people agree with me that Nadal is more humble and a better sportsman. Berdych's interview on this subject a few years ago was very revealing.

That is very true.
So many people follow tennis superficially for all kinds of different reasons: some have just started, some don't have the need to understand how it works, some just don't care.
To me, they are like World's ninth wonder. I will never be able to understand them, how they view the life through this haze of half-interested laziness. But that's how people are.
It has always been like that.
By the mere fact that Nadal has won so much and as such has been nourished and nurtured by media, all that went behind the scenes as a snowball effect, whether we like it or not - he has attracted a lot of people to tennis.
Most of them will probably lose that weak interest once he is gone, but some will stay.

I believe in education, as I myself have learnt so much since I started following tennis. I used to like players because they were cute, as well once  Blush 

Obnoxious as Nadal is to a lot of us here, he will eventually disappear one day.

For some people, tennis is a big love, and they will continue to fight for it.
For every Adam Helfant, there will be a Brad Drewitt. For every Rafael Nadal there will be a Roger Federer.
For every v2, there will be an OTF!

Long live our beautiful tennis! Bubbly

noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by Daniel on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:53 pm

The difference is Julia, Federer has all the awards. Nadal doesn't. Hahahaha!

Daniel

Posts : 3138
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:03 pm

So you think the Edberg award is reliable then?

DECIMA

Posts : 4548
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by Daniel on Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:33 pm

I'd say that, and all the other awards he has won as chosen by the PLAYERS, are worth a ton more than your opinion and that of your hearsay club. Yes.

Daniel

Posts : 3138
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:36 pm

So in that case, as you say the Edberg award is reliable, you admit Nadal is the second best sportsman at the moment, as he's been the only one to win it apart from Federer in recent years.?


DECIMA

Posts : 4548
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by truffin1 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:52 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:Truffin, we are going round in circles.
You have made a post similar to the one above before, and my response would be similar to the one I made a few days ago on the other thread.

In my club you'd tend to find more people agree with me that Nadal is more humble and a better sportsman. Berdych's interview on this subject a few years ago was very revealing.

The same Berdych who called Nadal's rant at the WTF during their match "the most disgusting thing I've ever seen on court"
Berdych decides who he likes and dislikes day to day and match to match..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIwiFWw8HqA

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by truffin1 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:58 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:So in that case, as you say the Edberg award is reliable, you admit Nadal is the second best sportsman at the moment, as he's been the only one to win it apart from Federer in recent years.?


It's a year to year award-- if the players decided Nadal was the best sportsman in 2010 than so be it...   They haven't thought so any other years...    


I see where you are going with him having been the only one to win it other than Federer so he's second, but that's typical horrible logic..

If for past 9 years the players have ranked nadal in voting the award: #5,#5,#5,#5,#5,#5,#1,#5,#5   and someone like Tsonga  #3,#3,#3,#,3,#3,#3,#3,#3,#3  then Tsonga would be considered the 2nd best sportsman.    Since we don't know where they ranked each year, we don't know how badly they voted Nadal down after so many of his bad moments during certain years... all we know is Federer has been a finalist and won it year after year after year...... hence- there can be no debate the players think he's the best sportsman.


Last edited by truffin1 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by truffin1 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:00 pm

SR wrote:
truffin1 wrote:

 it's not even worth dissecting how wrong it is.

That's exactly how I feel. But when FK and I decided not to engage her, she accused us of not having the argument to challenge her. Just a travesty.

But Professor truffin, now see what you've done. The minute your appear, Amri runs away.

Did you see her comment that "SR from now on let truffin argue for you"? Laugh
It's partly my own fault. I knows she has little credibility. Just did realise it's THAT bad.

Cheers

lol.. no I didn't catch that..    You have more than enough credibility and ability to argue your points- because they are correct.. You certainly don't need me!

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:11 pm

He has the second most Edberg awards out of all current players, I do not have the data of the standings every year, as they are not available.
So FK, as you think the Edberg award is reliable, why do you think he was the best sportsman in 2010, and why is he the second current player to have won it apart from Roger?

DECIMA

Posts : 4548
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:13 pm

truffin1 wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:Truffin, we are going round in circles.
You have made a post similar to the one above before, and my response would be similar to the one I made a few days ago on the other thread.

In my club you'd tend to find more people agree with me that Nadal is more humble and a better sportsman. Berdych's interview on this subject a few years ago was very revealing.

The same Berdych who called Nadal's rant at the WTF during their match "the most disgusting thing I've ever seen on court"
Berdych decides who he likes and dislikes day to day and match to match..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIwiFWw8HqA
Link to that quote from Tomas?

DECIMA

Posts : 4548
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by Daniel on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:48 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD_SlOqvhPs

Rather than argue with a wall, I'll take some sense from this song.

Daniel

Posts : 3138
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by DECIMA on Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:12 pm

I don't understand?
I asked you whether you thought the Edberg award was reliable, and you answered yes.

So thus I'm asking you why Nadal is the second player currently to win this award apart from Federer in recent years, and why he was the best sportsman in 2010, considering the 'reliable' Edberg award said so.

DECIMA

Posts : 4548
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by SayonaRa on Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:35 pm

Thank you all for your contributions.
Update & Summary:
Nadal won the Edberg Sportsmanship Award in 2012. However, it is important to recognize that subsequent to this award, Nadal has not been able to live up to the deeds expected of a good sportsman. On the contrary, his subsequent actions evidence just the opposite. Between 2011 to AO’14 after the 2012 award, nadal himself actively invited re-new criticism, as he consistently displayed unprecedented acts of poor sportsmanship one after another. Video-taped and press recordings of each and every of these injury excuses, purposeful mid-match interruptions, on-coaching etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. are old news needing no further elaboration.
 
Unfortunately, Nadal’s accumulative and worsening records of poor sportsmanship post-2012 has grossly outweighed and therefore completely undermined his 2012 award. Few remember or even know about this 2012 award. But many saw how he needed to pull the worse gamesmanship tricks to help him win an important match. Ultimately, repeatedly tainted records mean credibility out the window. I doubt even 100 sportsmanship awards can do anything to reverse such a strikingly negative history that belongs ONLY to nadal and no other player in the ATP history.
Conclusion:
Therefore despite having won 1 Edberg Sportsmanship Award, not a single link can be found or has been posted in this thread to counter the fact that “Nadal is the Worse Sportsman in Tennis History.” This is also justification for the updated title in the thread “Nadal: Worse Ever Sportsman of the ATP”
 

SayonaRa

Posts : 616
Join date : 2012-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal: Worst Ever Sportsman of the ATP

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum