Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Horrific blisters rule Nadal out of contention at AO EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Horrific blisters rule Nadal out of contention at AO EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Horrific blisters rule Nadal out of contention at AO EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Horrific blisters rule Nadal out of contention at AO EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Horrific blisters rule Nadal out of contention at AO EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Horrific blisters rule Nadal out of contention at AO EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Horrific blisters rule Nadal out of contention at AO EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Horrific blisters rule Nadal out of contention at AO EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Horrific blisters rule Nadal out of contention at AO EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Horrific blisters rule Nadal out of contention at AO

+6
gallery play
truffin1
Tenez
Daniel
noleisthebest
N2D2L
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Horrific blisters rule Nadal out of contention at AO Empty Horrific blisters rule Nadal out of contention at AO

Post by N2D2L Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:50 pm

Horrific blisters rule Nadal out of contention at AO Nadal_11

Nadal served multiple double faults, including 3 in one game against Dimitrov. After the game he confirmed he could not grip the racket on serve, and had no feel on his groundstrokes.

Unfortunately this practically rules Nadal out of the AO, but hopefully he will be back fighting for the clay court season.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Horrific blisters rule Nadal out of contention at AO Empty Re: Horrific blisters rule Nadal out of contention at AO

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:57 pm

This is so pathetic, it's beyond laughing, Amri.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Horrific blisters rule Nadal out of contention at AO Empty Re: Horrific blisters rule Nadal out of contention at AO

Post by Daniel Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:58 pm

More rubbish.  You know very well that Nadal has had multiple "injuries" that he claims will be the end of him, then he plays to his usual standard.  This is yet more excuse making ready for a loss.  laughable.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:00 pm

Federer has has been given a virtual bye to the final.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:03 pm

...and anyway, if he was talented and could strike the ball properly, he would not need to grip the racquet so hard and have all those fingers taped.
He's only got himself to blame.

With such a "horrific" injury, though, I'm surprised he hasn't already given Fed the walkover...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:04 pm

For those doubting, Nadal served more double faults against Dimitrov than any other match he has played.
If he can even get 10 games in the semi it will be a good effort.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:04 pm

Maybe his "mental strength" is beginning to desert him?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:06 pm

Not sure what that has to do with blisters which have ruled him out.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:07 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:For those doubting, Nadal served more double faults against Dimitrov than any other match he has played.
If he can even get 10 games in the semi it will be a good effort.

Perhaps that's because Dimi started well and put him under pressure?  Why does it always have to be an injury to explain bad things with Nadal.  Can't you rafa fans just accept even 1 set defeats gracefully?  We will see what effect this blister has but it's his own fault anyway for his style of play.   Of course, if he loses, then you will forever claim that he wasn't fit.  I am so tired of it.  Another reason a lot of us want to see him off tour.

As I said before this season started, Rafa fans are in for a very very bad time.  It's coming like a train at 100mph and it will arrive.. the day when Rafa can't retrieve every shot.  Where he has to rely on shot making more, and that's where you'll see him crumble like Lancashire cheese.

Last edited by FedererKing on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:08 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:Not sure what that has to do with blisters which have ruled him out.

Blisters have nothing to do with DFs. I have only seen bits of the match, did Dimi make Nadal run a lot?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:08 pm

It's clear his blister was affecting him.
Anyway off now.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:10 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:It's clear his blister was affecting him.
Anyway off now.

Maybe you are right, he gets affected even if his two water bottles are not standing the "right" way.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:11 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:Federer has has been given a virtual bye to the final.

jinxing a lot again. You are right it always works! well done!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:11 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:It's clear his blister was affecting him.
Anyway off now.

Maybe you are right, he gets affected even if his two water bottles are not standing the "right" way.

And he has to touch himself all over before he can play a point.  Hardly a mentally strong person with that kind of instability.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:30 pm

Blister not blister(s).. actually maybe not even a true blister as I read it was a scrape or shallow cut from a fall on court.

He didnt' say he couldn't serve or feel groundstrokes- that's exaggeration on your part.   he said its make it more difficult.. big deal. He's experienced enough to overcome it.

“The feeling on the racket is a little bit more difficult,” Nadal said

this is just typical prematch making an excuse in case he does lose. His fans don't actually believe he will lose, but they need the fall back excuse just in case-- so they can continue to believe he is unbeatable unless injured...   nonsense.   His opponent may have a sore muscle or problem that is just as painful..  None of these guys are 100% at this point in the tournament.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:52 pm

Tenez wrote:

jinxing a lot again.
lol Tenez, people jinx if they are nervous or unsure of the result.

With Friday's match, I am neither of those things- I already know what the result will be.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:00 pm

His team of doctors kept him under the radar for 10 years for every doping agency, and now they can't fix a blister? 

BTW: this pic seems to be photoshopped.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:06 pm

gallery play wrote:His team of doctors kept him under the radar for 10 years for every doping agency, and now they can't fix a blister? 

The blisters are actually a pus from his sick knees. So that if his doctors heal it, he will rid of all troubles with knees  Cool 

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:10 pm

gallery play wrote:
I saw exactly the same thing live on Eurosport.

btw this photo is from the huffington post, type in 'nadal blister' into google images and you'll see it.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:18 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
Tenez wrote:

jinxing a lot again.
Exactly! We know you JS...and you are...we know you know nadal is going to win.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:22 pm

Tenez wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:
Tenez wrote:

jinxing a lot again.
Exactly! We know you JS...and you are...we know you know nadal is going to win.
Yes, a fishing competition back in Mallorca on Saturday.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly 81 Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:38 pm

Aarrgh!!

No one can say they know what's going to happen because it hasn't happened yet! You can't say for certain that Nadal's not going to win, neither can you say he's going to win.
We have no idea what's going to happen on Friday. Anything can happen!!

a) There's no such thing as jinxing. 
b) An argument on a forum is not going to change the outcome of the match. You really think we have that power??
c) He's not out of of contention. Has he withdrawn? No.

Ok, rant over.

Polly 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:41 pm

Polly 81 wrote:Aarrgh!!

No one can say they know what's going to happen because it hasn't happened yet! You can't say for certain that Nadal's not going to win, neither can you say he's going to win.
We have no idea what's going to happen on Friday. Anything can happen!!

a) There's no such thing as jinxing. 
b) An argument on a forum is not going to change the outcome of the match. You really think we have that power??
c) He's not out of of contention. Has he withdrawn? No.

Ok, rant over.
Oh yes there is....Amri is the king of jinxing...and it has worked way too often.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:46 pm

There's nothing called jinxing, and it would make no difference to any match anyway.

Polly 81 wrote:We have no idea what's going to happen on Friday. Anything can happen!!
Nadal's left hand is severely damaged, unless he plays with this right hand he won't win this.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:46 pm

Jinx or not, nothing is going to be saving Nadal in the years to come.  And Federer has a good chance to beat Nadal and win this Slam.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:48 pm

As for people saying 'you're not giving credit'.. I am giving credit, but fair credit.

eg
Suppose someone is trying to climb a mountain. However just before he is about to start climbing, someone taps him on the shoulder and shows him a newly built elevator up to the top; which he then takes and gets to the top.
He should get credit for getting the elevator to the top, but it would be unfair to give him credit for climbing to the top.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:49 pm

FedererKing wrote:Jinx or not, nothing is going to be saving Nadal in the years to come. 
Correct, Nadal is in permanent decline.

FedererKing wrote:
And Federer has a good chance to beat Nadal and win this Slam.
Better than good chance.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly 81 Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:51 pm

oops double posted sorry

Last edited by Polly 81 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : double postes)

Polly 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly 81 Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:53 pm

Tenez wrote:Oh yes there is....Amri is the king of jinxing...and it has worked way too often.

Haha! You serious? 

This kind of statement is just a way of having a win win situation.
If Nadal loses it'll be like- 'I told you so, I was right'
If Nadal wins, it's because he jinxed it, so JS was responsible for the win.
Either way, JS wins. Don't buy it Tenez.

I bet Federer would be quaking in his boots if he knew that JS 'knows' that Nadal will win. Shame, people believe more in JS's ability to see into the future, than Fed's ability in tennis.

Polly 81

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:58 pm

Polly 81 wrote:
It's hardly a hard prediction, the guy's left hand is in tatters. If I'm smug about getting this prediction right, I may as well be smug about predicting that there will be 7 days next week.

How on earth would I be responsible for the non-existent win?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeyM1000 Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:14 pm

I had this conversation with Amri via PM. I said that that jinxing didn't exist and that online posts didn't affect the outcome of a match.
She replied that it worked for the French Open.
There was no hint of humour or levity; it appeared to be a sincere belief, which would explain why it continues unabated on such a regular basis.

mikeyM1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:16 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:As for people saying 'you're not giving credit'.. I am giving credit, but fair credit.

eg
Suppose someone is trying to climb a mountain. However just before he is about to start climbing, someone taps him on the shoulder and shows him a newly built elevator up to the top; which he then takes and gets to the top.
He should get credit for getting the elevator to the top, but it would be unfair to give him credit for climbing to the top.

Exactly, excellent analogy....This is why those who gave the energy to nadal to get to the top should get the credit and not Nadal.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:19 pm

Polly 81 wrote:
Tenez wrote:Oh yes there is....Amri is the king of jinxing...and it has worked way too often.

Haha! You serious? 

This kind of statement is just a way of having a win win situation.
Either way, JS wins. Don't buy it Tenez.

I bet Federer would be quaking in his boots if he knew that JS 'knows' that Nadal will win. Shame, people believe more in JS's ability to see into the future, than Fed's ability in tennis.
I am a superstitious man Polly! I worked all my life in sales and the best way to jinx a deal was to consider it done!.

But you are right not to take me seriously...cause I don't take myself seriously either!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:22 pm

mikeyM1000 wrote:I had this conversation with Amri via PM. I said that that jinxing didn't exist and that online posts didn't affect the outcome of a match.
There was no hint of humour or levity; it appeared to be a sincere belief, which would explain why it continues unabated on such a regular basis.
Interesting cause I think it could be more subtle than that....everything exists through my mind. When I sleep this world disappear and it will disappear when I die, as I see it as a projection of my mind in a way.

So if you think about it, Mickey, you can only exist in and through my mind.  Devil 

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeyM1000 Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:23 pm

That explains my blackouts! smiley

mikeyM1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:27 pm

mikeyM1000 wrote:That explains my blackouts! smiley

good one!

Now make sure nothing bad happens to me!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly 81 Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:30 pm

So all the Nadal fans have JS to thank for his wins! Wow, wait until this gets out to the press! All the other fans will be furious, it'll be pandemonium!!
Oh hang on, what happens when Nadal loses, was JS tired that day and didn't get round to posting.
Oh...and what if someone else does it for Nadal's opponent, to counter act, does the earth explode...?

It's a sad world we live in.

Polly 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly 81 Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:31 pm

Tenez wrote:
mikeyM1000 wrote:That explains my blackouts! smiley

good one!

Now make sure nothing bad happens to me!
 Laugh

Polly 81

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:38 pm

mikeyM1000 wrote:
It's a he. And yes, I'm sure my posts made a huge difference to Nadal's French Open.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:41 pm

Is it a problem holding the racquet?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, with the forehand is not a big issue. With the serve, little bit.

Even Nadal who overinflates his smallest issues can't make it out bigger than it really is.. a minor annoyance.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly 81 Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:43 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
mikeyM1000 wrote:
It's a he. And yes, I'm sure my posts made a huge difference to Nadal's French Open.
Well in that case, Federer might as well not turn up on Friday. Pity he put in all that hard work only to come against a force like yourself.

Polly 81

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:47 pm

Polly 81 wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:
mikeyM1000 wrote:
Well in that case, Federer might as well not turn up on Friday. Pity he put in all that hard work only to come against a force like yourself.
I was being sarcastic.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:51 pm

It will simply deteriorate...

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:53 pm

Congratulations to Roger for taking advantage of the elevator though, the last thing I want to do is not give credit for people who use elevators.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:31 am

Video on Espn of rafa practicing freely without any wrap on his hand from today. What a joke these continued pretend serious injuries are for nadal

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:34 am

Nadal is a total mess. Wihtout the tape, he is in serious serious pain gripping the racket (not surprising... that blister looks seriously painful); and with the tape he can barely feel his racket.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:15 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:Nadal is a total mess. Wihtout the tape, he is in serious serious pain gripping the racket (not surprising... that blister looks seriously painful); and with the tape he can barely feel his racket.

That's not what he is saying.  And we all know how he loves to exaggerate.  It's just another example of how he makes everyone talk about his injuries so that if he loses he has an excuse.  We are all sick of it, Julia.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:50 pm

Amri… no excuses. If you are not ready, do not take your racquet and balls to the court.

He had blisters from a Japanese restaurant outing and it got discussed, unnecessarily, as well.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:13 pm

laverfan wrote:Amri… no excuses. If you are not ready, do not take your racquet and balls to the court.

So what do you want him to do, not come out on court at all?
Just because his left hand has detonated to the extent he can't compete against anyone in the top 20?

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next