Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Fed playing doubles in Halle EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Fed playing doubles in Halle EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Fed playing doubles in Halle EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Fed playing doubles in Halle EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Fed playing doubles in Halle EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Fed playing doubles in Halle EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Fed playing doubles in Halle EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Fed playing doubles in Halle EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Fed playing doubles in Halle EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Fed playing doubles in Halle

5 posters

Go down

Fed playing doubles in Halle Empty Fed playing doubles in Halle

Post by truffin1 Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:19 pm

Playing with Haas... I assume it's to sharpen the net skills for Wimby... but interesting given the physical problems Fed has obviously had.. Perhaps a good sign he is feeling well, but is it worth the risk? Not that doubles is strenuous particularly but he's still out on court with a chance to tweak the back......

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Fed playing doubles in Halle Empty Re: Fed playing doubles in Halle

Post by Tenez Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:36 pm

I think it's most likely a marketing coup for the tournament but interesting to see how far they go.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:38 pm

While watching RG doubles final now, I actually thought of Federer and whether he would play doubles later in his career, I reckon he'd still be filling the stadiums!

I don't really think doubles is taxing on the body at all, backache can be triggered even by doing nothing if you are under a lot of stress.

I wish they upgraded Halle to a 500 or 1000 event though, grass, the nicest surface to play on has been so sidelined, it's terrible!
Imagine where Nadal would be if there was only RG and one or two 250 clay prep tournaments.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:12 pm

noleisthebest wrote:While watching RG doubles final now, I actually thought of Federer and whether he would play doubles later in his career, I reckon he'd still be filling the stadiums!

I don't really think doubles is taxing on the body at all, backache can be triggered even by doing nothing if you are under a lot of stress.

I wish they upgraded Halle to a 500 or 1000 event though, grass, the nicest surface to play on has been so sidelined, it's terrible!
Imagine where Nadal would be if there was only RG and one or two 250 clay prep tournaments.

Do you think Federer will get further at W this year than Nadal will?

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:15 pm

BlueClay wrote:

If Federer's back does not cause him any trouble - yes.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:19 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
BlueClay wrote:

If Federer's back does not cause him any trouble - yes.

Obviously Federer's back is fine since he just entered the doubles and singles at Halle. When Nadal entered both singles and doubles at Halle last year with a supposed injury he looked like an idiot. Why are we making special considerations for Federer in the same situation? People don't enter singles and doubles if they are injured.

I will go all out right now and say that Nadal will make it further at W this year than Federer will. If I am wrong, you can laugh at me but I have not been wrong about much so far at the FO have I? Fed playing doubles in Halle 1071211947Fed playing doubles in Halle 364988687

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:24 pm

BC,

with such brilliant prediction skills I am surprised you did not take part in our prediction game, maybe Wimbledon, what do you say Cool ?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:36 pm

[quote="noleisthebest"]While watching RG doubles final now, I actually thought of Federer and whether he would play doubles later in his career, I reckon he'd still be filling the stadiums!

Imagine where Nadal would be if there was only RG and one or two 250 clay prep tournaments. [/quote

the female fans on Federers website seem to be excited he has paired with Haas! lol.

I saw someone else mention or dream that Federer would retire from singles, go into doubles, and dominate doubles for a few years :-)............. Fed said in a recent interview that when he retires, he's not coming back :-)

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:50 pm

noleisthebest wrote:BC,

with such brilliant prediction skills I am surprised you did not take part in our prediction game, maybe Wimbledon, what do you say Fed playing doubles in Halle 4006036031 ?

There is no brilliance involved in saying Nadal will make it further than Federer will at W this year, all you need is a pulse to determine that. Fed playing doubles in Halle 1071211947Fed playing doubles in Halle 364988687

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:28 pm

truffin1 wrote:
the female fans on Federers website seem to be excited he has paired with Haas! lol.

I saw someone else mention or dream that Federer would retire from singles, go into doubles, and dominate doubles for a few years :-)............. Fed said in a recent interview that when he retires, he's not coming back :-)

I don't even want to think about that retirement, it's just cruel and I can't imagine it. I wish Nadal did, though. Sad .

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by FedererisnottheKing Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:08 am

I live only a few hours away from Halle, and today I got to see the doubles match with Federer and Haas Big Grin

It was great fun, the atmosphere was storming!
I really hope Haas can win it again for the second year in a row, he's doing our nation proud even at this age Cool

FedererisnottheKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down