Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Benoit - Benoit Paire Fan Club EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Benoit - Benoit Paire Fan Club EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Benoit - Benoit Paire Fan Club EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Benoit - Benoit Paire Fan Club EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Benoit - Benoit Paire Fan Club EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Benoit - Benoit Paire Fan Club EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Benoit - Benoit Paire Fan Club EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Benoit - Benoit Paire Fan Club EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Benoit - Benoit Paire Fan Club EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Benoit Paire Fan Club

2 posters

Go down

Benoit - Benoit Paire Fan Club Empty Benoit Paire Fan Club

Post by noleisthebest Wed May 15, 2013 5:56 pm

I do realise this is going to be one very lonely place, still, Benoit Paire deserves to have his little spot under the sun here on OTF smiley

His official details go like this:

Full name BenoƮt Paire
Country France
Residence Avignon, France
Born 8 May 1989 (age 24)
Avignon, France
Height 1.94 m (6 ft 4 1⁄2 in)
Turned pro 2007
Plays Right-handed (two-handed backhand)

"Plays with a two-handed backhand...Started playing tennis aged six with his father, who used to work at a mini-tennis club next to their house...Father, Philippe, works at the SNCF (French railway system); mother, Eliane, works for the local government of the Vaucluse; one brother, Thomas, is a tennis coach...Favourite surface is clay...Favourite shot is backhand...Idol growing up was Marat Safin...Favourite hobby is to watch football and is a huge supporter of the Olympique de Marseille...If he wasn't a tennis player he would have loved to play football...Favourite tennis memory is appearing at 2010 US Open...Nickname is "La Tige" ("the stalk") because he's tall and thin."

I have first spotted Paire about a year ago, during what now seems to be the very last edition of Serbian Open. He reached the final and lost to Seppi.

It was one of those slow and lazy in-between weeks when not much was happening, so seeing Benoit play for the first time was a memorable experience: he brought instant charisma and presence to the court and his game stood out straight away - despite being quite tall, Paire moved very well and did not let his height hinder him from playing a beautiful, attacking tennis full of flair.
Unlike Dolgpolov who has a similar, bohemian, non-compromising approach to tennis, Paire's shots are more elegant and his rhythm on the court ebbs and flows like music.
It really is exciting to watch how he creates and unfolds a point, because you never know if he is going to pull off a dropshot, run around his backhand or just counter-punch with his loose forehand. All these are often mixed-up in a single point, so there is plenty of adrenaline to go round....

Paire has a deadly first serve, but his trade-mark shot is the double-handed backhand.
Now, I have never been a fan of DBHs, but his is a bit special: it really is a weapon and it is beautifully and smoothly struck often producing deadly pace.
He sometimes even volleys with it, which is quite something to see!

Benoit walks around the court in his own bubble and always seems to be deep in his thoughts. He comes across as very passionate and does have swings in matches which I hope he grows out of in time.

All or nothing tight-rope walker kind of man, not easy to find these days Winking

ALLEZ!!!!!

Benoit - Benoit Paire Fan Club Tumblr_m9nbylHboG1qay07to1_400

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Benoit - Benoit Paire Fan Club Empty Re: Benoit Paire Fan Club

Post by noleisthebest Wed May 15, 2013 5:57 pm

Unfortunately, I could not watch Paire play Benneteau today, as there were cameras covering that match, but the fact he came back from a set down (which he lost in the TB and won the third also in a TB, says he is toughening up and winning "important" points.
Obviously, I am very happy Big Grin

He is playing Del Potro in the last 16 tomorrow.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu May 16, 2013 3:04 pm

Happy times in Benoit Paire fan club today Somersault
He has just dispatched Delpo in straight sets, achieving his best career result, reaching the last 8 in a 1000 Masters event Applause .

He played some lovely, clean tennis, again with lots of flair and elegance. ade Delpo look like a 1D basher.

I believe he is probably going to play Chardy in the next round, wouldn't it be super if he was to win that one and then meet Fed in the semi Magic

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Thu May 16, 2013 7:39 pm

What a surprise, even average baseliner Paire rolled over Delpo in straight sets. Nitb, your "second" man does not look bad Benoit - Benoit Paire Fan Club 1071211947

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu May 16, 2013 7:58 pm

paulcz wrote:What a surprise, even average baseliner Paire rolled over Delpo in straight sets. Nitb, your "second" man does not look bad Benoit - Benoit Paire Fan Club 1071211947

No, he doesn't look bad at all Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu May 16, 2013 8:01 pm

And what do you mean by "average base-liner"? Grr

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Thu May 16, 2013 8:12 pm

noleisthebest wrote:And what do you mean by "average base-liner"? Benoit - Benoit Paire Fan Club 49141995

Now, I need to categorize him into a higher class, which is the upper average baseline class Benoit - Benoit Paire Fan Club 364988687

To be honest when I saw him his base line game looked to be too wildish, but he is clever with his hands and changes the game rhytm very often so with his improved consistency he surely can get in TOP20 and maybe, who knows... He can get an opponent out of his rhytm, which was probably the case with Delpo ( I did not see it, but I will look at that).

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down