Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 9 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 9 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 9 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 9 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

+17
AceofDeath
Veejay
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
Daniel
gallery play
Polly 81
Autumnleaf
wildflower
novak143
N2D2L
BlueClay
Tenez
SayonaRa
legendkillar
paulcz
luvsports!
noleisthebest
21 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 9 Empty Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by paulcz Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:58 pm

Congratulations to Nole for his 5th Aussie  Grand title Bubbly
Now his GS tally has been evened out with Lendl. Connors and Agassi at 8 and he got  into the rank of the tennis greatest players.  
I see Nole’s overall performance at AO as higly tactical and he showed his great preparations for his  big matches. Sometimes I had a feeling that his hands are just too much tied up with a tactic and therefore  he doesn’t play freely, but Nole was just sure about his game strategy. I don’t think that he felt great through the whole two weeks neither he played his best tennis, but due to his  great confidence,  a cool head and high  intelligence he stood out among all other players and played what he needed. Because his game doesn’t have a real weakness, he has the biggest reservoir of game options from the players.

I can see that Nole’s game is  similar to two professions. The first is a fisherman, as he just changes pulling and loosening round and round during the match till he finally catches the fish. And second one is a doctor, not a chess player. Because a chess player concentrates just on the chess, but Nole thinks about everything related to the match. He is just a tennis surgeon  Winking

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:15 pm

Hi Paul,

good to see you keep Nole thread alive!

For some reason, I am really happy about Nole winning this slam. More than I thought I would be.

Probably because as usual, there has been so much negativity surrounding this final esp from pundits, the win tastes sweeter.

Nole has had a physical issue during the entire AO, and Murray must have either known or strongly suspected it.

Murray has been stressing and repeating how physically fresh and ready he was in the pre-match interviews.
Of all players he is the one who watches his opponents like a hawk for any signs of physical let down.

Especially when he plays Nole, as Nole used to be a bit of a physicall quitter in the early career.
He waits to see the signs he has "broken him".

It takes a lot to break Nole these days, though.

Tennis has become so physical now that  light players have a big advantage in lasting the distance.

Murray with his muscles hits the ball harder than Nole, runs more and as a result last shorter.

On top of it all, Murray is a negative, limp character who is his own worst enemy.

I found it funny how he flirted with the journalists today with Nole's cramping being the cause of him losing focus...of all the people, Murray to complain about that...

The truth is, he lost the will to battle as his plan A failed and ran out of battery.

Still vain and immature in handling Nole beating him, not realising that he really has no chance against him, when Nole's heart it in the match.

From what I saw today, Nole didn't play his best tennis,but then again, he rarely does and can against Murray.

Notable was his reluctance to free up his FH. As if he lacked confidence.

Anyway...doctor or fisherman, he's caught another trophy in his net and prescribed Murray a bitter pill to swallow!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:16 pm

I agree with all you wrote, Nitb,  so there is nothing to mention about the final Big Grin
Although their game seems to  be the similar, in the fact there is a quite difference between their striking not mentioning their mentallity. 
Murray relies on his counter striking, respectively blocking opponent's shot with changing the direction, but he lacks higher swinging from his backhand side and he overrotates his body from FH's side quite often, when he loses a step. For blocking he uses his  heavier body and more muscles power, but his body doesn't have such an elasticity and lightness as Nole's. And Murray's head, that is a known story Doh

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:21 pm

Paul did you really enjoy that final (besides the result of course)?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:58 am

Tenez wrote:Paul did you really enjoy that final (besides the result of course)?

I think Nole with Murray should play only BO3 matches, their matches remind gladiator games.  For me Murray is the least watchable player after Nadal from top 30 or so. Because I like watching Nole, I watched first three sets and then went out for countryskiing.
To create the ranking of the least watchable players from TOP 20 then here is my ranking in this order:
Nadal, Raonic, Murray, Berdych, Isner, Anderson. Of course my liking plays a big role  in it.

Last edited by paulcz on Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:08 am

I watched extended highlights on Eurosport & Game Set Matts last night, as I only saw a few on and off points during the first set and a half of live match.

I couldn't avoid the commentary this time and it was not pleasant to listen to the ultra-biased Wilander and Mercer pitying poor Murray and vilifying Djokovic who "tricked him into losing focus by faking injury".

I did not see that part, but surprised to hear such good commentators and ex player not recognise the level of physicality and how various injuries can come and go during a match.

After the match when he was interviewing Djokovic, Wilander was of course sweet as honey nodding nervously to Djokovic's admission of feeling energy levels drop off after two hard sets and being glad he was able to get back into the match drawing from the memory of his previous match with Murray in 2013, where he faced the same problem and was able to overcome it (apparently also 2 TBs in first two sets of that one!)
I saw the moment Djokovic fell on his wrist without dropping a racquet (very silly of him!), that must have hurt his wrist and tampered with his grip for at least half an hour.

But as I said before I noticed Nole had problem with his legs all AO, he was just heavy on them, so could be that he had problem with either his lower back or a particular leg muscle.

I did like how he played in the 4th set, I wish he was always like that.

Murray on the other hand was totally unprofessional there, just chucking tantrums and venting his frustrations by whacking FH out or in the net.
Very disappointed by him.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:30 am

Just saw this:
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club - Page 9 PelpvgT1RvqJZIwhqPbv_B80NfkbIYAA9M1z.png%20large

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:28 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I watched extended highlights on Eurosport & Game Set Matts last night, as I only saw a few on and off points during the first set and a half of live match.

I couldn't avoid the commentary this time and it was not pleasant to listen to the ultra-biased Wilander and Mercer pitying poor Murray and vilifying Djokovic who "tricked him into losing focus by faking injury".

I did not see that part, but surprised to hear such good commentators and ex player not recognise the level of physicality and how various injuries can come and go during a match.

After the match when he was interviewing Djokovic, Wilander was of course sweet as honey nodding nervously to Djokovic's admission of feeling energy levels drop off after two hard sets and being glad he was able to get back into the match drawing from the memory of his previous match with Murray in 2013, where he faced the same problem and was able to overcome it (apparently also 2 TBs in first two sets of that one!)
I saw the moment Djokovic fell on his wrist without dropping a racquet (very silly of him!), that must have hurt his wrist and tampered with his grip for at least half an hour.

But as I said before I noticed Nole had problem with his legs all AO, he was just heavy on them, so could be that he had problem with either his lower back or a particular leg muscle.

I did like how he played in the 4th set, I wish he was always like that.

Murray on the other hand was totally unprofessional there, just chucking tantrums and venting his frustrations by whacking FH out or in the net.
Very disappointed by him.
Of course that tennis moderators from British TV channels support Murray, but  their comments about every winning Murray's ball are just exalting a tennis God, which make me laugh. When Nole took the third set they suddenly stopped Murray's gloryfying and started to find a reason behind his mental collapse everywhere else except in him. Quite entertaining stuff  Whistle

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:04 am

The biggest congratulations to Nole  Magic   That was one of few matches when Nole's serve was tight with Fed. On top of it I appreciate Nole's improved solid FH. One of the best Master final ever Bubbly

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:57 am

Having watched yesterday match with Sashenkish circus performer, I really don't know what BB gives Nole as his coach. Nole won that match on his sheer will and wasn't mentally in that match at all. Without Marian he is quite different player. Quite irritated from so many things and frustrations gushed everywhere.
I dont think that BB meet at least some requirements as a mascot. His shirt from 80's put  a lot of doubts in it.
Nole should buy him some better rags to stop dishonouring his mascot status.
Marian is absolutely vital on his bench. BB should get another function in Nole's team for sure. Cool

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:44 pm

Stop blaming Boris, Paul!

I thought his retro look was cool - he is such a happy character.

In fact, I wish he wore a huge blue velvet bow tie with a yellow t- shirt one day...and a sombrero...and Dali moustache....just to crack Nole up every time he looks at him in the box.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:22 pm

Was reading the v Dolgo post match interview from Djoko. A bit disappointed to read that Dolgo had a good start to the match cause he (Djoko) "had a bad start".

The match was not in Djoko's racquet actually. The guy with the shots is Dolgo. Djoko is just trying to contain. He does  a good job of that usually but when Dolgo is hot, Djoko has not got the game to stop him...at least while Dolgo is on form.

Does he realise that? He is a smart guy so I woudl expect him to ...but his ego might be bigger than we think!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:23 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Stop blaming Boris, Paul!

I thought his retro look was cool - he is such a happy character.

In fact, I wish he wore a huge blue velvet bow tie with a yellow t- shirt one day...and a sombrero...and Dali moustache....just to crack Nole up every time he looks at him in the box.
You are right Nitb, but I just think that BB could try to do something with himself. His bearish coaching looks like senior  tenis lesson. Does he have any rest of energy after his women escapades? Haven’t heard anything interesting from him about current tenis. Does he speak with media?
The difference in Nole’s performance with Marian on his bench against BB is striking.
Of course the point is if Nole’s game generally  has improved. After IW the answer is yes, he played his best tennis, but with Marian on his bench again.

Maybe he could give a try with walrus moustache or to wear a bearish  disguise. Either he will do or  not, Nole is still the player to beat so I wish them the best for next matches  for sure.
...or he could try to wear a military uniform with a cap and solid leather heavy shoes  Cool

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:26 pm

I agree with you paul on this one. Never saw what was BB's imput really. Besides standing still and beig nervous watching Djoko.

Plus he looks pretty old for his age nowadays.....

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:26 am

Tenez wrote:Was reading the v Dolgo post match interview from Djoko. A bit disappointed to read that Dolgo had a good start to the match cause he (Djoko) "had a bad start".

The match was not in Djoko's racquet actually. The guy with the shots is Dolgo. Djoko is just trying to contain. He does  a good job of that usually but when Dolgo is hot, Djoko has not got the game to stop him...at least while Dolgo is on form.

Does he realise that? He is a smart guy so I woudl expect him to ...but his ego might be bigger than we think!
I can’t criticize Nole for being  passive with Dolgo for two sets. Dolgo plays instinctive tennis with some unorthodox shots, his serve is hard to read and he had also more luck in the first set. Nole just lost his composure from many reasons, looked irritated, his decisions were often not good. He just digged himself  in the court and won it on his sheer will and legs.

Playing Dolgo is a brainteaser and on the top the first set was one of his best I have ever seen. His tactic very similar to Fed. His backhand slices down the line played with such a swing, which look even unnaturally. His wide kick serve on ad court  was Fed quality or maybe better. Just not easy to think of anything special against such a very high quality game. The only question was whether Dolgo can keep his level and serve out the match. The difference between playing superb shots and keep this level till the end is decisive and that differs top players from the rest. I see  Dolgo as a kind player who enjoys playing against the best, but he lacks keeping focus and is not just  mentally strong enough. Just a  sort of actors as Fognini,  Gulbis or Monf, who have the high quality game, but without solid  consistence.

So no surprise, that Nole was in a trouble and did not look good mentally.  Of course he can be exhausted after IW, therefore I  ask why he tried playing the doubles with Tipsy, why he tries so much his  special point constructive schemes when he could  easily close the match.
Just wish to see Nole’s  game at his positive mode again.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:54 am

Agree with your analysis...except regarding the mental side. To me you can't seperate the mental side from the physical side in today's physical conditions, especially when 2 players have such different games, where on is based on physique with high margins while the other is based on shot making ability.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:59 pm

Tenez wrote:Agree with your analysis...except regarding the mental side. To me you can't seperate the mental side from the physical side in today's physical conditions, especially when 2 players have such different games, where on is based on physique with high margins while the other is based on shot making ability.
Agree, nothing can be separated, everything is connected and make the whole package of the player.
But every player has special traits of his character either are inherent, come from the family background or are gradually developed.. The group of players, which I mentioned (Dolgo, Gulba, Monf, Fogna) are just players who just lack more determination, fighting spirit, discipline and more effort in practise. They are just not so mentally strong even though each of them is quite different and have unique reasons for it.

I think that even if these four players had the best legs on the tour, they would still lose many matches because of not keeping enough focus on the game, playing for the crowds, trying hitting absurd balls. Therefore I call them as a group of actors.

Nole's on other side is a player who has improved his game by his enormous effort and determination and keeping his focus on each aspect of the game. When watching decisive balls of the match, Nole doesn't get winning balls from sheer stamina of his legs, but in vast majority due to his stretching abilities. This ability is nothing what any player get inherently, but it is obtained only due to huge effort and focus on stretching practise of the body. Every player can do it, but nobody else doesn't want to undergo this hard way.
In case of Nole, muscles play just an insignificant role in a comparison with Nadal, Murray, Verdasco...
But due to Nole's stretching advantage nearly nobody can resist playing on BL with him. Even Dolgo's unorthodox shotmaking worked partly and he had to play many slices not only from tactical reasons, but because he couldn't catch the ball on the court as other players.

So, I also agree that we can't separate mental side from the physical side. We can agree on that it is the mental side who drives all other things.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:19 pm

paulcz wrote:
Tenez wrote:Agree with your analysis...except regarding the mental side. To me you can't seperate the mental side from the physical side in today's physical conditions, especially when 2 players have such different games, where on is based on physique with high margins while the other is based on shot making ability.
Agree, nothing can be separated, everything is connected and make the whole package of the player.
But every player has special traits of his character either are inherent, come from the family background or are gradually developed.. The group of players, which I mentioned (Dolgo, Gulba, Monf, Fogna) are just players who just lack more determination, fighting spirit, discipline and more effort in practise. They are just not so mentally strong even though each of them is quite different and have unique reasons for it.
Or they chose to play the game they love.....while Djokovic chose to play the game that wins.....at the cost of of having no sparkle and having the crowd against him almost systematically. I don't see Djoko particularly strong mentally but his game (his consistency and fitness) certainly helps him look that way. But when it matters he usually crumbles first.....he is lucky that over 3 and 5 sets he can rely on fitness (or what you call mental strength). He doesn't give up, I give you that.....bt that to me is not mental strength as much as knowing that fitness won't let him down.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:23 pm

paulcz wrote:So, I also agree that we can't separate mental side from the physical side. We can agree on that it is the mental side who drives all other things.
I agree with that.....More than mental strength, Djoko has determination and drive. But that is not mental strength as I define it. Well it is one aspect of the mental side.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:48 pm

Tenez wrote:
paulcz wrote:
Or they chose to play the game they love.....while Djokovic chose to play the game that wins.....at the cost of of having no sparkle and having the crowd against him almost systematically. I don't see Djoko particularly strong mentally but his game (his consistency and fitness) certainly helps him look that way. But when it matters he usually crumbles first.....he is lucky that over 3 and 5 sets he can rely on fitness (or what you call mental strength). He doesn't give up, I give you that.....bt that to me is not mental strength as much as knowing that fitness won't let him down.
If Nole lived in Spain, Britain, US, Brasil, I think he would be a megastar with about 15 GS regardless to his game. That is just his badluck and plays mostly against the crowds.
Nole's dips or crumbling come from the fact, that he always try to play something new and want to bring something special. When you play this way, you just surely go through such crumbling moments.
Yes, over 3 sets he has advantage his better body stamina, but the group of actors can't keep their focus for two sets very often.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:54 pm

I don't believe so. Dimi is Bulgar, Fed is Swiss, Dolgo is Ukranian and they nationality has nothing to do with their relative success. Look at Nadal v Ferrer.....both from Spain but evenb if Ferrer had been more successful than Nadal, you woudl never had wagins of people backing up Ferrer.

If anything Djoko is doing a good job to be more marketable than his game.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Tenez wrote:I don't believe so. Dimi is Bulgar, Fed is Swiss, Dolgo is Ukranian and they nationality has nothing to do with their relative success. Look at Nadal v Ferrer.....both from Spain but evenb if Ferrer had been more successful than Nadal, you woudl never had wagins of people backing up Ferrer.

If anything Djoko is doing a good job to be more marketable than his game.

Dimi/Dolgo hardly get more crowds on their side when playing against Fed/Nadal as well. Just Fed is playing legend and Nadal was the first player who could regularly beat him, so they got a huge fan base early than Nole stepped in on the top. 
It is a big difference when players play as underdogs against top players and then when Nole plays as a favorite from Serbia. Many people have a lot of prejudice against sportsmen from balcanian countries. But Nole's fan base has increased a lot recently and I believe that it is a matter of  short period when majority of public will appreciate what a great player and man he is.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:40 pm

But Dimi has a 10th of Djoko's success but seems 10 times more popular already.

I am 100% sure that had djoko had a more exciting game, he'd get very popular.

Even Davydenko was more popular than Nadal when those 2 faced off....cause naturally people tend to support a game style very quickly .

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:20 pm

Tenez wrote:But Dimi has a 10th of Djoko's success but seems 10 times more popular already.

I am 100% sure that had djoko had a more exciting game, he'd get very popular.

Even Davydenko was more popular than Nadal when those 2 faced off....cause naturally people tend to support a game style very quickly .
Yes, Dimi is this a wow type of the player and has surely a lot of admirers and Shara on the top of it, so no wonder. It is the same with Nadal, although he is quite different kind of player.

I dont know players fan figures, so I cant say who has the bigger fan base if Nole/Dimi.  I appreciate  players, who have allround game, play different game patterns, try new things on the court, can change the rhytm of the game, play tactical chess. I prefer that kind of tennis against tennis equillibristics of  actors or against server giants. Dimi's game is surely overrated because of his wow look. I prefer watching Nole than Dimi, but understand that many fans prefer Dimi.
Just vast majority of tennis fans root for their player not from the view based on tennis quality.

Last edited by paulcz on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:10 am

BB's more fashioned t-shirt and better looking on Nole's bench had a positive effect on his game  Cool 
Big  John looked like he forgot how to serve. That was a superb performance of Nole.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:46 pm

Well done Nole and big congratulations to another Master win  Bubbly Very hard final due to well fighting Murray and very difficult weather conditions.
It was very difficult to serve and smash on the court due to sharp sun and therefore too many errors. Murray showed more active approach, played more in the court, went often for the second serve, which was really right approach and Nole looked a bit out of his sorts. But Nole has still another gear and more game variaty and has better FH. Nole completely cooked Murray in the third set. Thanks to BB for joining to the team  Big Grin The perfect start of the season.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:58 pm

Yes, a great win for Nole diva

I slept through the first set, spent most of the second behind the sofa and only dared to peek out at 5:0 in the third Blush

Their tennis is too much for my nerves...

I saw enough to know Murray wouldn't last, as usual.
He is muscling the ball like never before.

He played his best "aggressive"  tennis and still failed.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:16 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Yes, a great win for Nole diva

I slept through the first set, spent most of the second behind the sofa and only dared to peek out at 5:0 in the third Blush

Their tennis is too much for my nerves...

I saw enough to know Murray wouldn't last, as usual.
He is muscling the ball like never before.

He played his best "aggressive"  tennis and still failed.
Their tennis looks like rather a gladiator game, but Nole is better player than Murray in the vast majority of aspects. Yes, only Murray's advantage is that due to his stronger body he can better muscle/counterpunch the ball, has solid voleys. But he overrotates his body on FH side too often, then he is late in the split step, he lacks higher swing from both sides. Nole gave him some free balls in the middle of the court in the first set and all of them ended up in the middle of the net. 
Nole played quite subpar, no good serve, worse smashes and volleys, a bit worse legs for two sets, but it was due to hard weather conditions, high humidity and  the sharp sun. But Nole added more intensity in the third set, stepped up more into the court and Murray lost his ground, panicked and was cooked. Nole can play much better, Murray played very solid match.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:25 pm

From what I saw, Nole was containing Murray's best attacking game.

It was similar to Dolgo's match.

There you can see the difference of a good  ball-striker (Dolgo) and a ball-muscler (Murray).
Dolgo was winning with ease as he could take time away from Nole; Murray couldn't as he hits more safely than Dolgo.

The only reason Nole won today is that his tennis is much more energy-efficient.
He is lighter and muscles the ball less than Murray.

Murry has no chance against him in the best of five now.

Tennis has changed a lot in the last two years.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:39 pm

noleisthebest wrote:From what I saw, Nole was containing Murray's best attacking game.

There you can see the difference of a good  ball-striker (Dolgo) and a ball-muscler (Murray).
Dolgo was winning with ease as he could take time away from Nole; Murray couldn't as he hits more safely than Dolgo.

The only reason Nole won today is that his tennis is much more energy-efficient.

Nole is just everywhere and he can stretch over a half of the court, so there is no other way than going to the net. Dolgo was more active and went to the net more often than Murray, but he also tried quite often. 
Murray cant speed up his game, because he just lacks swing, he still counterpunches. He can outcounterpunches many players, but he must put so much effort in his legs. He just doesn't have any chance to beat Nole / Nadal on clay, because there his game is just too passive and he will get overcooked in each second set. On the hard court it is the third set and after the third set  is just a signing of a canary  Whistle as we call a baggel.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:29 pm

noleisthebest wrote:From what I saw, Nole was containing Murray's best attacking game.

Dolgo can speed up the game pretty much, which is not the case of Murray. It is really difficult, I would say nearly impossible to outplay Nole from BL, and by far less on backhand side. Murray, because he doesn't have a big swing/hit on FH side, he often plays free/high FH balls DTL into Nole's BH. That works against many players, but not against Nole. 
Murray's BH is better off his FH. He can put his body weight really well forward against the ball. Even there is no big BH swing, his flat hitting bring good winners. But his western FH grip holding and slow swing doesn't allows him a big hits. He tries to compensate it by higher body rotation, but it is not ok.
Murray has no game, neither stamina against Nole on hc, clay. His counterpunching can work well on the grass though, where a slow second serve is not such a weakness and where counterpunched balls are fast enough to attack.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly 81 Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:42 pm

As of tomorrow, Djokovic will overtake Nadal in the number of weeks at No. 1 with 142 weeks; moving up to number 6 in the all time list behind Federer, Sampras, Lendl, Connors and McEnroe.
Applause Novak

Polly 81

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:30 pm

Big Congratulations to Nole for 142 weeks being numero UNO  Thumbs Up and  McEnroe is going to be caught up with this year as well. Only thing I wish to Nole is staying healthy, then everything is possible.
That is great achievement and says the most about keeping the highest players level  Applause

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:14 pm

Well done Nole, just a good practise for Nole today. I think that a change of strings helped Nole a lot. 
Nadal looked like a startled older boy, who was helpless in his effort and knew that he would lose from the beginning of that match. He was actually glad avoiding a baggel, which was not Nole's intention anyway. Superbly played  Magic

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:31 pm

I didn't know Nole changed strings?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:33 pm

I am too tired from my time trial today....but have enough energy to to be happy and float on this lovely tune for a few hours musicalnote

To Nole, and may he win the Big one in Paris! Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:45 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I didn't know Nole changed strings?
I have not read it, but think he did. His balls are faster, he can put away deeper balls. On the other hand he doesn't play short spinny crosses as he used to play. Strings are still better and better, brings more dynamics to the game. It is nothing surprising.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:09 pm

I know what you mean, but Nole's played like that since Wimbledon.

I think he just hits the ball harder against Nadal, which is quite amazing as he seems to be bagelling the rest with half the effort.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:27 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I know what you mean, but Nole's played like that since Wimbledon.

I think he just hits the ball harder against Nadal, which is quite amazing as he seems to be bagelling the rest with half the effort.
Yes, totally agree, the change of strings  was done even before Wimbledon, but would say that even a bit more dynamics in his racket can be spotted  this year. His serve looks utterly efortless and his BL projectiles better than ever.

He can bagel anyone these days. Nadal has only luck that he plays quite unorthodox lefty stupid tennis, so it takes some time to adapt game against him.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:52 pm

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/player.html?ccode=NDJOKOVIC
Pretty similar to Federer except that Fed uses the rough version of luxilion..,slightly more grippy.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:57 pm

I'd love to try pros' racquets.

Racquets can feel so different.

I often think they should be standardised in some way.
Pros should not play with heads bigger than 95".

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:11 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Racquets can feel so different.

I believe they are. I am not sure why they woudl be so different than the official maketable version. ...unless it's Murray's racquet as it weights a ridiuclous 390g or so!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:14 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I'd love to try pros' racquets.

Racquets can feel so different.

When I was trying previous Fed's racket which he played with I couldn't get it how he can hit the ball so precisely and with such a swing. It was very heavy racket, think the heaviest racket at that time.
I think the future tennis rackets will be really chosen by players according to surface, balls, conditions.
I remember that Agassi changed rackets with a different string pattern according to surface whether clay / hc.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:17 pm

Tenez wrote:

I believe they are. I am not sure why they woudl be so different than the official maketable version. ...unless it's Murray's racquet as it weights a ridiuclous 390g or so!
If it is really 390g or so, then it explains why he lacks bigger swing and collapses. It is really weird to play with such a racket. Just Murray

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:30 pm

paulcz wrote:
Tenez wrote:

If it is really 390g or so, then it explains why he lacks bigger swing and collapses. It is really weird to play with such a racket. Just Murray

I heard it from brits commentators on Sky who seemed to know him well. I am not sure it's 390 but I remember it was ridiculously heavy.....more than 370g.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:44 pm

I don't think 370g is that heavy for someone of Murray's soze and muscle.

I have just weighed my Wilson six one...it's 362g

I also weighed Mac's Wooden Dynlop Masply - 403 g.

Not sure how accurate the kitchen scale is, though.

I know they did not rally for ever...but how much smaller and less fit at the same time.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:29 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I don't think 370g is that heavy for someone of Murray's soze and muscle.

I have just weighed my Wilson six one...it's 362g

I also weighed Mac's Wooden Dynlop Masply - 403 g.

Not sure how accurate the kitchen scale is, though.

I know they did not rally for ever...but how much smaller and less fit at the same time.
I needed to weigh my strung Dunlop Biom F3, 16 x 19, and with an antiviber it shows 325g. 
Nitb you seem to be incredibly strong  Big Grin or unless is something with kitchen scale.
If I remember right Steffi Graf's strung Wilson had about 300g or so.
370g is unplayable for amateurs.
Unfortunately my only wooden racket flew away from chimney  erm

Last edited by paulcz on Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:24 pm

It could be the scales, I just had a look at tennis warehouse specs, it says 342g, and I also have a long dampener on it.

There is a little story behind this racquet.

Last year I bought Prostaff 95, and loved it, not easy to play with as is quite unforgiving.
Before that I had Babolat but just never got on with it, was weird on the BH and felt synthetic and fake for some reason.

So Prostaf was heavier than Babolat.

Prostaf is a really good looking racquet so it caught attention of one fanaticsin the club and he ordered one for himself as a Christmas present...kept it all wrapped under the stairs for two months...I couldn't believe he could wait for all that time and not play woth it!

And guess what, when he finally opened it after all that waiting,  he realised it was not the a Prostaff but Six One...very different racquets but look similar, eps on the web.

Anyway, I tried it out as he said the racquet is the biggest cheat ever and it was!
It gives so much more power than Prostaff with the same swing, but is heavier and the weight is in the handle.

Then when we played in doubles once he noticed my grip was slipping and offered me his Six One which was size 4...

He confessed the grip was too small for him and offered to sell it to me, so I bought it and have enjoyed playing with it since.
He then went into a panic mode as the racquet is now discontinued but eventually managed to find it in size 5.
In the meantime I got Prostaff grip enlarged to size 4 too and switch to it when my arm feels tired.

I have a slender upper body build and no muscle so no idea how I am able to play with it...I am only reasonably fit and have played volleyball and swam in my uni days...

But to be honest I only got used to the weight very recently, it rarely tires me now.

I am always surprised how most people in the club have these really light racquets...

But I am only a rec, anyway.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:23 pm

I found pro players rackets specs on that website from 2013:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=476154

The heaviest racket was Fed's 364g  (previous Wilson 90) strung and then Nole's 359g, Murray's racket 345g, Nadal's 335g. 

The modern trend is playing with lighter rackets, which protects elbows and shoulders.

When asking older tennis player over 50 yo, who played with heavy wooden rackets, all of them had elbow and shoulder troubles and many had to finish playing tennis even in their 30's.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:05 pm

Now that you've mentioned the elbow, I understand...

Also, people are all spinning the ball today so the wrist would not last long,either.

Nadal must have a unique technique where he doesn't stress the wrist too much and gets the muscle into the contact somehow otherwise it would have fallen off long time ago...

But I still think pros should not play with heads bigger than 90 or 95...what excuse do they have?
They all started playing when they were born kind of thing and hit the ball day after day, year after year for hours...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next