Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

edberg  davis  Kyrgios  GOAT  

Latest topics
» Has Federer Finally Peaked?
Today at 2:54 pm by Daniel

» Rotterdam - Federer's quest for #1
Today at 1:34 pm by Daniel

» ATP 250/500 Tournaments 2018 Thread: Rio, Marseille, Delray
Today at 1:29 pm by noleisthebest

» 6 in a row
Yesterday at 2:31 am by Daniel

» FEDERER FANPAGE
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:03 am by noleisthebest

» Transgenderism and the women’s game
Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:09 pm by bogbrush

» Is this the most delusional article ever written about tennis?
Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:42 am by Daniel

» better make it 20
Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:46 pm by Daniel

» Weird fact of the Day
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:06 am by barrystar

February 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728    

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by luvsports! on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:18 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Lets see what kind of reasoning some blinkered fans bring here. The same point twisted as and when required to suit their argument. They are so blinded, they don't even see what they write is paradox.

1. Extra day(s) rest: One 1 occasion this  extra day or days of rest becomes the reason for a major loss . E.g. Djokovic losing to Fed in RG2011 Semis. Fognini withdrew from the QF and this Extra Rest becomes the excuse.

On another occasion when there is little lack of extra days, this becomes the excuse for the loss. E.g. In RG 2015 semis, when Both semis start at the SAME time, the next day they only play for about an hour . But this lack of extra rest is the reason for the loss in the finals.

2. Nadal as Djokovic's Opponent: On one occasion when when looking at who has the tougher draw, Nadal is mighty opponent to have in the path. Eg. Nadal at RG QF.

And when the discussion is about Can Djokovic beat Nadal to prevent him winning RGs, the same blinkered fans write " A fit Nole is Nadal’s nightmare." 


So Nadal is made both an easy and tough opponent as and when it suits their argument. Bah!!


I can bring a lot more points, but it don't think its required right now.

I don't think they played at the same time. Tsonga Stan was first and then Murray Djok. They played almost four sets on that day and then a 6-1 set the day after. 

Just to clarify, that day from Stan was majestic. Big Grin 
He beat Djoko before in slams and he did it again. No excuses needed.

luvsports!

Posts : 4235
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:15 pm

luvsports! wrote:I don't think they played at the same time. Tsonga Stan was first and then Murray Djok.

No it wasn't. RG is different from other slams.. Sunday start and SF on 2nd Friday , both at same time on their 2 main courts. And this is how its going to be this year too. Bring it up when RG website is showing the schedule, you'll see yourself.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2905
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:24 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
luvsports! wrote:I don't think they played at the same time. Tsonga Stan was first and then Murray Djok.

No it wasn't. RG is different from other slams.. Sunday start and SF on 2nd Friday , both at same time on their 2 main courts. And this is how its going to be this year too. Bring it up when RG website is showing the schedule, you'll see yourself.
You are confusing SF with QF.
Remember how Tsonga-Ferrer semi when there was barely anyone left after the first semi.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25779
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by luvsports! on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:26 pm

[th]Matches on Main Courts[/th][th]Matches on Court Philippe Chatrier (Center Court)[/th][th]Event[/th][th]Winner[/th][th]Loser[/th][th]Score[/th][th]Matches on Court Suzanne Lenglen (Grandstand)[/th][th]Event[/th][th]Winner[/th][th]Loser[/th][th]Score[/th]
Men's Singles Semifinals Stan Wawrinka [8] Jo-Wilfried Tsonga [14]6–3, 6–7(1–7), 7–6(7–3), 6–4
Men's Singles Semifinals Novak Djokovic [1] vs.  Andy Murray [3]6–3, 6–3, 5–7, 3–3, suspended
Men's Legends Over 45 Doubles Cédric Pioline
 Mark Woodforde
 John McEnroe
 Patrick McEnroe
6–4, 6–1
Women's Doubles Semifinals Bethanie Mattek-Sands [7]
 Lucie Šafářová [7]
 Andrea Hlaváčková [9]
 Lucie Hradecká [9]
6–2, 5–7, 6–4
Women's Doubles Semifinals Casey Dellacqua [12]
 Yaroslava Shvedova [12]
 Ekaterina Makarova [2]
 Elena Vesnina [2]
6–3, 6–2
Women's Legends Doubles Conchita Martínez
 Anastasia Myskina
 Nathalie Tauziat
 Sandrine Testud
6–2, 4–6, [10–8]

luvsports!

Posts : 4235
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by luvsports! on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:31 pm


luvsports!

Posts : 4235
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by luvsports! on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:32 pm

No Rotla, you are wrong.

luvsports!

Posts : 4235
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by luvsports! on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:35 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
luvsports! wrote:I don't think they played at the same time. Tsonga Stan was first and then Murray Djok.

No it wasn't. RG is different from other slams.. Sunday start and SF on 2nd Friday , both at same time on their 2 main courts. And this is how its going to be this year too. Bring it up when RG website is showing the schedule, you'll see yourself.
You are confusing SF with QF.
Remember how Tsonga-Ferrer semi when there was barely anyone left after the first semi.

Yes that was in 2013 after the Novak Rafa epic.

luvsports!

Posts : 4235
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by bogbrush on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:38 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Lets see what kind of reasoning some blinkered fans bring here. The same point twisted as and when required to suit their argument. They are so blinded, they don't even see what they write is paradox.

1. Extra day(s) rest: One 1 occasion this  extra day or days of rest becomes the reason for a major loss . E.g. Djokovic losing to Fed in RG2011 Semis. Fognini withdrew from the QF and this Extra Rest becomes the excuse.

On another occasion when there is little lack of extra days, this becomes the excuse for the loss. E.g. In RG 2015 semis, when Both semis start at the SAME time, the next day they only play for about an hour . But this lack of extra rest is the reason for the loss in the finals.

2. Nadal as Djokovic's Opponent: On one occasion when when looking at who has the tougher draw, Nadal is mighty opponent to have in the path. Eg. Nadal at RG QF.

And when the discussion is about Can Djokovic beat Nadal to prevent him winning RGs, the same blinkered fans write " A fit Nole is Nadal’s nightmare." 


So Nadal is made both an easy and tough opponent as and when it suits their argument. Bah!!


I can bring a lot more points, but it don't think its required right now.
You could fill a book with this sort of thing. 

That French Open thing with Fognini afforded me the richest seam of WUM material for socal ever. It was something I could return to any time and be absolutely certain I'd get a massive bite.

Been missing him this last year or so as it happens.....  Big Grin Cool

bogbrush

Posts : 1779
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by Tenez on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:47 pm

|socal came to post here a few times for a while....but then disappeared again.

Tenez

Posts : 18090
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:46 pm

luvsports! wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
luvsports! wrote:I don't think they played at the same time. Tsonga Stan was first and then Murray Djok.

No it wasn't. RG is different from other slams.. Sunday start and SF on 2nd Friday , both at same time on their 2 main courts. And this is how its going to be this year too. Bring it up when RG website is showing the schedule, you'll see yourself.
You are confusing SF with QF.
Remember how Tsonga-Ferrer semi when there was barely anyone left after the first semi.

Yes that was in 2013 after the Novak Rafa epic.
Yes, the Frenchies were naturally trying to give Tsonga an advantage by scheduling him first, they didn’t expect him to lose to Stan.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25779
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:13 pm

bogbrush wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Lets see what kind of reasoning some blinkered fans bring here. The same point twisted as and when required to suit their argument. They are so blinded, they don't even see what they write is paradox.

1. Extra day(s) rest: One 1 occasion this  extra day or days of rest becomes the reason for a major loss . E.g. Djokovic losing to Fed in RG2011 Semis. Fognini withdrew from the QF and this Extra Rest becomes the excuse.

On another occasion when there is little lack of extra days, this becomes the excuse for the loss. E.g. In RG 2015 semis, when Both semis start at the SAME time, the next day they only play for about an hour . But this lack of extra rest is the reason for the loss in the finals.

2. Nadal as Djokovic's Opponent: On one occasion when when looking at who has the tougher draw, Nadal is mighty opponent to have in the path. Eg. Nadal at RG QF.

And when the discussion is about Can Djokovic beat Nadal to prevent him winning RGs, the same blinkered fans write " A fit Nole is Nadal’s nightmare." 


So Nadal is made both an easy and tough opponent as and when it suits their argument. Bah!!


I can bring a lot more points, but it don't think its required right now.
You could fill a book with this sort of thing. 

That French Open thing with Fognini afforded me the richest seam of WUM material for socal ever. It was something I could return to any time and be absolutely certain I'd get a massive bite.

Been missing him this last year or so as it happens.....  Big Grin Cool
I remember that one. Laugh

When Fognini gave Nole the w/o I thought: great, he’ll have extra day of rest.
Only when he lost to Fed did I realise it may have affected his nerves.

I don’t think there was any conspiracy there.

Any player should love wo-ers for extra rest.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25779
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by legendkillar on Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:22 pm

bogbrush wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Lets see what kind of reasoning some blinkered fans bring here. The same point twisted as and when required to suit their argument. They are so blinded, they don't even see what they write is paradox.

1. Extra day(s) rest: One 1 occasion this  extra day or days of rest becomes the reason for a major loss . E.g. Djokovic losing to Fed in RG2011 Semis. Fognini withdrew from the QF and this Extra Rest becomes the excuse.

On another occasion when there is little lack of extra days, this becomes the excuse for the loss. E.g. In RG 2015 semis, when Both semis start at the SAME time, the next day they only play for about an hour . But this lack of extra rest is the reason for the loss in the finals.

2. Nadal as Djokovic's Opponent: On one occasion when when looking at who has the tougher draw, Nadal is mighty opponent to have in the path. Eg. Nadal at RG QF.

And when the discussion is about Can Djokovic beat Nadal to prevent him winning RGs, the same blinkered fans write " A fit Nole is Nadal’s nightmare." 


So Nadal is made both an easy and tough opponent as and when it suits their argument. Bah!!


I can bring a lot more points, but it don't think its required right now.
You could fill a book with this sort of thing. 

That French Open thing with Fognini afforded me the richest seam of WUM material for socal ever. It was something I could return to any time and be absolutely certain I'd get a massive bite.

Been missing him this last year or so as it happens.....  Big Grin Cool

But is the biggest word I know in a sporting debate when discussing achievements Winking

legendkillar

Posts : 2114
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by Tenez on Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:25 pm

In retrospect, I wish Fed had lost that match. I would have fancied Djoko's chances as I don't think he lost a single match that year v Nadal.

Federer with his new frame would have beaten Nadal convincingly.

Tenez

Posts : 18090
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:41 pm

Tenez wrote:In retrospect, I wish Fed had lost that match. I would have fancied Djoko's chances as I don't think he lost a single match that year v Nadal.

Federer with his new frame would have beaten Nadal convincingly.
Stil it was one awesome plus super historic match. (yes, I know you disagree...)
Fed was desperate to show he was The Eternal number one...remember his finger wagging post match?

I was really distressed. Wah / Laugh

And I just remembered why I was annoyed with Fognini!!! Grr

It was because his w/o didn’t count as a win for Nole hence he never broke Mac’s number of unbeaten matches, The Streak.

Also that moron Tipsarevic did the same earlier that year in Serbian Open.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25779
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by barrystar on Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:20 pm

I have been lucky - my wife used to work for a company that did a lot of business for Wimbledon, so we could get tickets quite easily, pretty much every year in fact as I have already said...

barrystar

Posts : 230
Join date : 2017-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The Fan Club

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum