Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
The world is getting mad! EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
The world is getting mad! EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
The world is getting mad! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
The world is getting mad! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
The world is getting mad! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
The world is getting mad! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
The world is getting mad! EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
The world is getting mad! EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
The world is getting mad! EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The world is getting mad!

5 posters

Go down

The world is getting mad! Empty The world is getting mad!

Post by Tenez Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:39 am

Tenez

Back to top Go down

The world is getting mad! Empty Re: The world is getting mad!

Post by N2D2L Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:05 pm

Amazing news

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:09 am

@tenez what is your opinion about vaccination? And vaccine passport?

For Djoko getting a vaccinated 'status' without getting the jab is not difficult. He just wants to fight it out.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:44 pm

1) I am for freedom. What else?

2) A vax of which you need 3 doses in less than a year.....is not a very good vax!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:40 am

Tenez wrote:
A vax of which you need 3 doses in less than a year.....is not a very good vax!
That's not true- there are many vaccines which need 3 doses to work- including MMR. 

It still works as a preventative against severe disease from covid for a year which is an amazing achievement by the scientists.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:42 pm

More non-sense from you. CDC recommends all children get two doses of MMR (measles-mumps-rubella) vaccine, starting with the first dose at 12 through 15 months of age, and the second dose at 4 through 6 years of age.

When will you accept facts?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:39 pm

Apologies- I misremembered MMR as 3 doses rather than 2. 

Just looked up the NHS guidelines, there are many vaccines given 3 times, including: 

-Polio
-diptheria 
-hepatitis B
-HiB
-Tetanus
-Pertussis (whooping cough)
-MenB

Most kids get all these vaccines- saved a lot of lives.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:59 pm

Yeah but never 3 doses in less than a year....and the protection of those vx you listed are really efficient....unlike those arn ones!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:08 pm

I've looked at the data of vaccines vs delta variant:

-Protection from severe covid + death very high from 2 doses, and decline in efficacy over time is only slight.
-Protection from mild covid very high initially, but does decline significantly until the 6 month point, hence boosters are ideal.

In my opinion, protection vs covid mortality is the most important thing, so I would conclude that they are very effective.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:31 pm

The Delta variant is mild for 99.5% of the population. Vaxed or not vaxed!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:46 am

HIS20RY wrote:I've looked at the data of vaccines vs delta variant:

-Protection from severe covid + death very high from 2 doses, and decline in efficacy over time is only slight.
-Protection from mild covid very high initially, but does decline significantly until the 6 month point, hence boosters are ideal.

In my opinion, protection vs covid mortality is the most important thing, so I would conclude that they are very effective.

What about vaccine injuries. I personally know 3 who have died within days after taking the jab. 

Apart from this 1 of my office colleague 30yo died in sleep. Another in a different team also in 30s and died in sleep. 

3 I know suffering serious health conditions after the vax.

These don't count?

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:11 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:What about vaccine injuries. I personally know 3 who have died within days after taking the jab. 

Apart from this 1 of my office colleague 30yo died in sleep. Another in a different team also in 30s and died in sleep. 

3 I know suffering serious health conditions after the vax.

These don't count?

This is anecdotal evidence, which is not as rational as analysing data. 

I have analysed UK data, and looked at excess mortality:
https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps#z-scores-by-country (select United Kingdom: England on this link) 

Excess mortality looks at ALL deaths, and compares it to the norm given age of population.

UK excess mortality was actually LOWER than normal during spring 2021, which had the highest number of vaccine doses given per day (3 million plus per week). Meanwhile, the periods of excess mortality were in spring 2020 and winter 2020, aligning with the 2 covid waves before the vaccine rollout was universal. 

If vaccines caused death as a common side effect, and it was being given to millions of people per week, we would see huge excess mortality coinciding with the vaccine roll out. Data shows the opposite.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:37 pm

Great. But I believe in my own study more than anyone putting whatever numbers they want. In my personal experience, these vaccines are dangerous and may cause harm.

Besides I didn't say death is a common side effect. Corona itself has a 99% survival rate, so there is no way to show a vaccine is saving lives or not. 

I'm saying about vaccine injuries and I know they are real.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:45 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Great. But I believe in my own study more than anyone putting whatever numbers they want. In my personal experience, these vaccines are dangerous and may cause harm.
Even if your anecdotes are verified, which they aren't, this is a very unscientific way to assess risk. Large data sets, or randomly controlled trials, are much more reliable.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Corona itself has a 99% survival rate, so there is no way to show a vaccine is saving lives or not. 
Actually there is data in the UK to answer this question.
The overall mortality, and excess mortality, surged during the two covid waves, which shows covid is causing death. However, mortality was actually below the expected number when the vaccine uptake was at its highest.
https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps#z-scores-by-country This is independently verified data.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:01 pm

It's not great.  It's an infringement on people's choice and civil liberties.  If you think forcing people to have a vax is okay then you're a vicious fascist/communist (take your pick).  And it won't be long before the whole world is rioting.

You've no idea what the long and short term effects of these vaccines are.  And god forbid if long term effects are disastrous, people will then be asking "how did this happen?"  - well it happened because you were scared of dying of something no more harmful than the flu - and pumped in one vaccine and one booster after another.

I won't have any part of it.

I don't know one single person or a person who is friends of friends of friends who has died of Corona - and that includes my 88 year old granddad in a care home and 91 year old Grandma with an active social life.  My cousin has had corona, I've had corona, my sister has had corona [if you can believe the pathetic tests] my ex gf had corona (and I deliberately went staying with her during it to prove it's bollocks).  I'm not dead and I'm unvaccinated and I'll be staying that way.

I do know at least 7 people who got violently ill from the vaccine though lol.  Laugh

So, yeah, let's throw away civil liberties because some people scared of a virus.  At the same time, the same people "donald trump is a fascist wah wah - he was meaaan".

It's always funny to watch the Elite, like in Cornwall, when they think the cameras are off.  If you still think all this is about protecting life, you're fucking thick.  It's about control - ID cards and surveillance (covid passports), power, and money (look how much income has been generated via all the forced testing to go on holiday for one thing).  It's the greatest scam in human history, all made possible by sheepel dullards who believe whatever the Guardian, and Daily Mail, and BBC, and their government tell them.  Stupid people who are still out there wearing masks that do nothing at all but give these poor suckers the illusion of safety in their meaningless, sad little lives.

All it takes for the vast majority of people to throw away their freedom is the fear of death - and so they don't deserve freedom.

Last edited by Daniel2 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:15 pm

The players need to boycott that fascist country and its Slam as well.  Hit them in the pocket.

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:39 pm

Agree with this Dan. I actually like the way the UK handles it now.

Freedom!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:23 pm

Tenez

N2D2L likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:15 pm

Fair point, I'd already read the study this letter was primarily based on. 

Vaccinated people are less likely to get Covid in the first place, but if they do get it they can be contagious; so health authorities shouldn't give the impression that they can't spread it at all.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:09 am

I understand people with fear of the virus get vaccinated. Especially older people. But athletes? It is absurd. In that respect, I  am extremely disappointed by Federer for having believed the hype behind this vax which simply does not do the job!

This judgement is as poor as his holding to his old racquet for so long!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:44 pm

It’s not all bad though. Djokovic has had his Visa cancelled.

bogbrush

N2D2L likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:39 pm

I am pro-vaccine, but not supportive of hard vaccine mandates- for a variety of reasons that I can go into. 

However, the fact that Djokovic lied to try and bypass immigration laws, and then got caught by border officials, is absolutely hilarious.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down