Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Expectations for Wimbledon
Today at 12:06 pm by gallery play

» FIFA World Cup, Russia 2018
Today at 12:02 pm by gallery play

» Women prize money is making the headlines again.
Today at 11:57 am by naxroy

» Phil Mickelson - Glorified Cheating
Today at 11:48 am by gallery play

» Gerry Webber Open Halle & Queens
Yesterday at 11:44 pm by Tenez

» Countdown to the unbeatable records
Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:00 pm by Daniel

» The doping program joke of the ITF!!!
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:12 am by Slippy

» What I like about "Our Tennis Forum"
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:02 pm by Tenez

» Andy Murray's comeback.....
Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:54 am by summerblues

June 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Nadal time wasting

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nadal time wasting

Post by Tenez on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:30 am

Just a few words here to say how terrible his abuse of the rule is. It's a joke. He can take 40s for a serve and another 15 for a second server. 55 second for a serve!!! Federer wins very often games in less time serving 4 or 5 times!

Worse is that after a let, he goes another 20secs so it can be 20, 25 and 20 for a serve! Absolutely disgusting when the rule says a first serve out should follow immediately.

he is a cheat and the proof his game is purely physical unlike what Rotla thinks cause why woudl he abuse teh rule otherwise if it is not to recover from his gruelling tennis and be able to inject more power into his balls.

yesterday we saw again how tired he was in that 3rd set. Shame Thiem was not smart enough to exploit that.

Tenez

Posts : 19170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by naxroy on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:03 am

he in fact takes more time than the rest (except for novak) 

but when you talk about 40s is not really accurate because many times he has to wait for people to stop making noise or stop motion of serve due to someone shouting something

I ve been measuring time and he in fact is over 30s in a regular basis, the fastest he gets is 27 seconds

I would like to know though, how is that time measured, I do it like this:

Once the point ends (second bounce or if its called out)
Once nadal hits the ball in serve

but it would be a lot less if it counts since umpire says the new score and stops when nadal starts serve motion.

naxroy

Posts : 531
Join date : 2017-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by Tenez on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:20 am

naxroy wrote:he in fact takes more time than the rest (except for novak) 
That's wrong. Novak takes much less time after a let or for a second serve and a bit less for a first serve.

but when you talk about 40s is not really accurate because many times he has to wait for people to stop making noise or stop motion of serve due to someone shouting something
And how do the other players. If the crowd know they have another minute before the ext point, of course they are going to release stress right away instead of waiting for the end of th egame

I ve been measuring time and he in fact is over 30s in a regular basis, the fastest he gets is 27 seconds
yes I have also been measuring and he is often at 37+ secs. Absolutely unacceptable. It's exactly like crediting him a shot that he pulled wide. It is simply outside the rule. And you know why he does that of course! It is to take advantage of his extra red cells which carry oxygen and transform into energy so he can be intense on every point. This is what a nice smile, apparently humble attitude make you forget!

I would like to know though, how is that time measured, I do it like this:

Once the point ends (second bounce or if its called out)
Once nadal hits the ball in serve
correct, the rule is clear.

Tenez

Posts : 19170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by legendkillar on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:23 am

Think by set 3 Nadal was averaging 31 seconds between points and Thiem 26. So both were over, Thiem marginally.

31 seconds is a piss take it has to be said, but again umpires have to get tougher. It's been said for years. All the time players bend the rules and get away with it, it will continue. Cilic and Djokovic are the pits and again just as culpable. Probably many others who are not as high profile.

legendkillar

Posts : 2258
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by Tenez on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:32 am

legendkillar wrote:31 seconds is a piss take it has to be said, but again umpires have to get tougher. It's been said for years. All the time players bend the rules and get away with it, it will continue. Cilic and Djokovic are the pits and again just as culpable. Probably many others who are not as high profile.

But no-one takes as long as Nadal. Nadal abuses the rule not only for teh first serve but after a let and for a second serve. This is where he grabs easily another 10sec over the others. That is huge and not recorded unfortunately!

Tenez

Posts : 19170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:38 am

Nadal is the one who introduced abusing time rule.
Very few followed and nowhere nesr as much as he.

Yesterday, he really took the piss as he literally took as much as he liked all in the very crucial points, while carefully watching Thiem’s body language. 

He even bitched to the umpire a out being called for one token  time violation as he was walking past him during a changeover, the microphone picked it up.

U pires are scared of him.

He sacked Bernardes until Bernardes changed the tune in order to keep his job.

Umpres are dispensable they do as they are told to.

The sooner Nadal retores the better.

All his trophies are fake and even he knows it.
Only his blind fans don’t, but that’s relly their problem.

Time will show what a ruthless cheat he was in 5-10 years...

Wait and see.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27018
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by naxroy on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:39 am

I doubt the umpire counts before even saying the new score

and maybe that explains why he can average 30 seconds

the thing is, the rule is only important since nadal exists, because before nobody streched that time so much, so there was no need to worry about it

now it is an issue, and from time to time umpire´s make a simbolic warning and very rarely they apply time violation penalty.

rest of the players dont seem to be bothered that much

to be honest, I only see that complain here


I ve seen journalist talk about it but only in this forum it seems to be the explanation to nadal´s success


they will end up installing some kind of official counter. but so many things happen in between points that it will be hard to take it into consideration.

until they do that, nadal is totally inside the rules, as there is an umpire in charge of that control

naxroy

Posts : 531
Join date : 2017-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by DEC1M7 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:39 am

Thoughts on my new nick, NITB?

DEC1M7

Posts : 4752
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:41 am

DEC1M7 wrote:Thoughts on my new nick, NITB?
Nice.
Shame it’s fake...nut that’s only partly your fault. Winking

noleisthebest

Posts : 27018
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by legendkillar on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:42 am

Tenez wrote:
legendkillar wrote:31 seconds is a piss take it has to be said, but again umpires have to get tougher. It's been said for years. All the time players bend the rules and get away with it, it will continue. Cilic and Djokovic are the pits and again just as culpable. Probably many others who are not as high profile.

But no-one takes as long as Nadal. Nadal abuses the rule not only for teh first serve but after a let and for a second serve. This is where he grabs easily another 10sec over the others. That is huge and not recorded unfortunately!

Rule break is a rule break. So for me regardless by how much, a 26 second violation carries the same weighting in punishment as a 31 second one. 

We see it which means the umpire must see it. However, they do not seem to have the balls (pardon the pun) to call the players on it. If a line judge can persistently call foot faults (Fognini/Edmund Match) then what's preventing the umpires calling players out on time violations or even lighter than that have a chat with them and say speed up or be penalised.

I'd like to see what they do in cricket with slow over rates. Dock match fees off players for slow and deliberate play retrospectively if umpires are not going to do their job!

legendkillar

Posts : 2258
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by DEC1M7 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:43 am

noleisthebest wrote:
DEC1M7 wrote:Thoughts on my new nick, NITB?
Nice.
Cheers, I like it too!

DEC1M7

Posts : 4752
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by Tenez on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:45 am

Those are the rules (Check 20 and 29)

https://www.itftennis.com/media/107013/107013.pdf

A second serve shoudl come immediately after the first serve.

Tenez

Posts : 19170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by naxroy on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:46 am

its funny how you are so convinced about all his titles being fake...

and still its his fans who are blind

naxroy

Posts : 531
Join date : 2017-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by DEC1M7 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:46 am

naxroy wrote:its funny how you are so convinced about all his titles being fake...

and still its his fans who are blind
Not all the Federer fans on this forum, let's not be unfair and generalise.

DEC1M7

Posts : 4752
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by Tenez on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:50 am

naxroy wrote:its funny how you are so convinced about all his titles being fake...

and still its his fans who are blind

Of course his fans are blind. You are defending a cheat and you don;t even realise it..or more importantly you do not want to see it. That's what we call a fanatic! Simple lack of objectivity.

If you were to say he is a cheat but I still like him fine ...but you are trying to excuse him. And don;t blame it on the referee and the system. The system is there to make a max of money. They don;t care who wins or loses....cause they play a business game not tennis!

Tenez

Posts : 19170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by DEC1M7 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:55 am

Wah Wah Wah

DEC1M7

Posts : 4752
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by naxroy on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:55 am

but 98% of tennis players are blind too

because no one says he is a cheat

just some wise connoiseurs in this forum

naxroy

Posts : 531
Join date : 2017-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by legendkillar on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:59 am

They are blind because they don't call him out?

Just because one doesn't speak evil, doesn't mean they don't see it. Some actually choose not to say anything.

legendkillar

Posts : 2258
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by DEC1M7 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:00 pm

Also spare us the sanctimony.
Tenez has previously said that he thinks Federer started doping in the mis 2000's, and that he was happy Federer was doing so (said it's justified as other are too).
Edit: that was @ Tenez, not you LK

DEC1M7

Posts : 4752
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by naxroy on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:03 pm

legendkillar wrote:They are blind because they don't call him out?

Just because one doesn't speak evil, doesn't mean they don't see it. Some actually choose not to say anything.


so players think nadal is a cheat but they dont say it and they all speak so good about him?

naxroy

Posts : 531
Join date : 2017-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by Tenez on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:05 pm

naxroy wrote:but 98% of tennis players are blind too

because no one says he is a cheat

just some wise connoiseurs in this forum

Don;t mention the other tennis players here. You and I do not know what they think of it. Well we know what some of them think ....but we are talking about you and you supporting a cheat. The other players are not supporting him they are supporting themselves.

It's not what I say that matters....it's that time breaking rule that does. Can't you see it? It;s not me or the words I use that count....it's the fact nadal breaks the rule after every point!

Why are you always trying to transfer the problem with me. It;s Nadal's time taking.

That's why you and Decima can't argue sensibly cause you are not deling with the problem. Just throwing things at me with flawed logic and stupid smileys. That says it all.

Tenez

Posts : 19170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:05 pm

naxroy wrote:but 98% of tennis players are blind too

because no one says he is a cheat

just some wise connoiseurs in this forum
Quite a few players verbaly and publicly protest against Nadal’s time violation, especially when they themselves get given them al kst for the sake of it.

It’s usually lower ranked players who don’t care much as they don’t get big money from sponsors...

Though I remember Stan, Kyrgios, Berdych, Stakhovsky, esp Fognini...noone likes him, they are just putting up with him as they all work for the same company ATP and he is bringing a lot of money to it thanks to fans like you and Amri...or the other 80% if you like.

If he was such a great player as you like to believd, why does Nadal not play within the rules?

Why is he cheating?

Why did he sack Bernardes?

Why are umpires scared to give him time violation ON EVERY POINT because he breaks it on every point.

Cut the umbillical cord from Nadal, there are many other nice Spanish players....Feli Lopez, Agut...

There is a new member in my club who is a Spaniard...and guess what - he plays with a SBH a d his favoirite player is Federer...and he does not like Nadal at all.




noleisthebest

Posts : 27018
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by Tenez on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:06 pm

DEC1M7 wrote:Also spare us the sanctimony.
Tenez has previously said that he thinks Federer started doping in the mis 2000's, and that he was happy Federer was doing so (said it's justified as other are too).
Edit: that was @ Tenez, not you LK

Again nonsense. But we know that from you. When one is bent to support a cheat, the reality is swiftly distorted.

Tenez

Posts : 19170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by DEC1M7 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:06 pm

naxroy wrote:
legendkillar wrote:They are blind because they don't call him out?

Just because one doesn't speak evil, doesn't mean they don't see it. Some actually choose not to say anything.


so players think nadal is a cheat but they dont say it and they all speak so good about him?
Calling someone a cheat in my eyes would involve deception.
Otherwise during football, any player who commits a foul and thus breaks the rules is a cheat. Every footballer is a cheat then.

DEC1M7

Posts : 4752
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by DEC1M7 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:09 pm

Tenez wrote:
DEC1M7 wrote:Also spare us the sanctimony.
Tenez has previously said that he thinks Federer started doping in the mis 2000's, and that he was happy Federer was doing so (said it's justified as other are too).
Edit: that was @ Tenez, not you LK

Again nonsense. But we know that from you. When one is bent to support a cheat, the reality is swiftly distorted.
Which part is nonsense?
The fact you said that you thought Federer it is likely doping from the mid 2000s? (you quoted an interview he gave about physically improving as evidence) Or the fact you said it was justified because others were doing it too? Both 100% true.

DEC1M7

Posts : 4752
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by legendkillar on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:12 pm

naxroy wrote:
legendkillar wrote:They are blind because they don't call him out?

Just because one doesn't speak evil, doesn't mean they don't see it. Some actually choose not to say anything.


so players think nadal is a cheat but they dont say it and they all speak so good about him?

Some might hold that view and choose not to speak out. Others might not. Those that hold that view might not speak out to draw attention to themselves or even feel less qualified (eg not successful or high profiled enough) to speak. It's about choosing when and when not to speak. Why do so many speak retrospectively when situations have already happened? Think about it. How many of the top 100 will Nadal play in a season? If Nadal only plays say 20 out of the 100, the other 80 are not likely to complain as they are not directly effected by on court actions. 

By your logic, those that get bullied and don't speak out must mean they are not being bullied. 

I am not trying to paint Nadal as a villain. I am simply saying that some will think twice before throwing stones or embarking on a war.

legendkillar

Posts : 2258
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by naxroy on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:19 pm

berdych actually defended him and djokovic with the time between points issue

tenez, I mention the rest of players to state a fact: only in a few internet forums, nadal is considered a cheat.

retired tennis player dont consider him a cheat
active tennis player dont consider him a cheat
media doesnt consider him a cheat
most of fans dont consider him a cheat

contrary to your opinion all of the above think he is a great example as a sportsman and most tennis players in the circuit admire him, beginning with his main rivals (stan, murray, nole and federer)

naxroy

Posts : 531
Join date : 2017-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by Tenez on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:41 pm

DEC1M7 wrote:
Tenez wrote:
DEC1M7 wrote:Also spare us the sanctimony.
Tenez has previously said that he thinks Federer started doping in the mis 2000's, and that he was happy Federer was doing so (said it's justified as other are too).
Edit: that was @ Tenez, not you LK

Again nonsense. But we know that from you. When one is bent to support a cheat, the reality is swiftly distorted.
Which part is nonsense?
The fact you said that you thought Federer it is likely doping from the mid 2000s? (you quoted an interview he gave about physically improving as evidence) Or the fact you said it was justified because others were doing it too? Both 100% true.  

I have argued enough time that I don;t think Federer dopes. What I have said is if he were to dope then maybe it was in the mid 00s and since I am convinced your man and others dope, then yes I woudl not mind fed had to dope to keep challenging the cheats but I am 99.9999% sure he does cause simply his game does not require, unlike Nadal, an enormous amount in energy. He can win a game in 50s with 10sec cool breathing in between....hence no need for special drugs for that. ...something your man cannot do!

Tenez

Posts : 19170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by DEC1M7 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:53 pm

Tenez wrote:
since I am convinced your man and others dope, then yes I woudl not mind fed had to dope to keep challenging the cheats
Right, as you've admitted you don't mind Federer doping, can you stop with the sanctimony.

Tenez wrote:
but I am 99.9999% sure he doesn't cause simply his game does not require, unlike Nadal, an enormous amount in energy. He can win a game in 50s with 10sec cool breathing in between....hence no need for special drugs for that. ...something your man cannot do!
In the past you have said you think it's likely that he dopes, fact. You then followed it up at the time with the excuses of how it's justified (which you repeated here).

DEC1M7

Posts : 4752
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by gallery play on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:54 pm

naxroy wrote:berdych actually defended him and djokovic with the time between points issue

tenez, I mention the rest of players to state a fact: only in a few internet forums, nadal is considered a cheat.

retired tennis player dont consider him a cheat
active tennis player dont consider him a cheat
media doesnt consider him a cheat
most of fans dont consider him a cheat

contrary to your opinion all of the above think he is a great example as a sportsman and most tennis players in the circuit admire him, beginning with his main rivals (stan, murray, nole and federer)
All wrong
He has much less credit a 17 time slam winner ought to get, but for a reason. His deeds have never been anywhere near irreproachable. Maybe in Spain, but that doesn't count: in Spain Serge Ramos is a saint too.. Doh

gallery play

Posts : 2531
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by DEC1M7 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:56 pm

Gallery Play, he's the second most popular tennis player in the world. And if you add up social media fans (younger demographic), he is the most popular.

DEC1M7

Posts : 4752
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by gallery play on Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:03 pm

DEC1M7 wrote:Gallery Play, he's the second most popular tennis player in the world. And if you add up social media fans (younger demographic), he is the most popular.

Pointless.  

The guy has a shady image, whether you like it or not.

gallery play

Posts : 2531
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by DEC1M7 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:07 pm

gallery play wrote:
DEC1M7 wrote:Gallery Play, he's the second most popular tennis player in the world. And if you add up social media fans (younger demographic), he is the most popular.

Pointless.  

The guy has a shady image, whether you like it or not.
This forum is a silo which has distorted your perception of reality.

DEC1M7

Posts : 4752
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by barrystar on Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:17 pm

This is a rather silly thread; yes, I agree that Nadal pushes it with his timing and Umpires are too weak.  I suppose it is a form of cheating and I dislike his on-court conduct for a number of reasons; but nobody is going to take those pots of his mantle piece, and it's better not to get so steamed up about this.

barrystar

Posts : 428
Join date : 2017-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by gallery play on Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:22 pm

DEC1M7 wrote:
gallery play wrote:
DEC1M7 wrote:Gallery Play, he's the second most popular tennis player in the world. And if you add up social media fans (younger demographic), he is the most popular.

Pointless.  

The guy has a shady image, whether you like it or not.
This forum is a silo which has distorted your perception of reality.
True.
This silo completely shapes my world view and i know i should get out but your "expert analysis" are simply too compelling..

gallery play

Posts : 2531
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by DEC1M7 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:38 pm

gallery play wrote:
DEC1M7 wrote:
gallery play wrote:
DEC1M7 wrote:Gallery Play, he's the second most popular tennis player in the world. And if you add up social media fans (younger demographic), he is the most popular.

Pointless.  

The guy has a shady image, whether you like it or not.
This forum is a silo which has distorted your perception of reality.
True.
This silo completely shapes my world view and i know i should get out but your "expert analysis" are simply too compelling..
Well on those grounds... fair enough.

DEC1M7

Posts : 4752
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by Tenez on Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:23 pm

DEC1M7 wrote:
Tenez wrote:
since I am convinced your man and others dope, then yes I woudl not mind fed had to dope to keep challenging the cheats
Right, as you've admitted you don't mind Federer doping, can you stop with the sanctimony.

Tenez wrote:
but I am 99.9999% sure he doesn't cause simply his game does not require, unlike Nadal, an enormous amount in energy. He can win a game in 50s with 10sec cool breathing in between....hence no need for special drugs for that. ...something your man cannot do!
In the past you have said you think it's likely that he dopes, fact. You then followed it up at the time with the excuses of how it's justified (which you repeated here).
Nope! I never thought he doped....but you are never short of twisting everything!

Tenez

Posts : 19170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by Tenez on Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:26 pm

barrystar wrote:This is a rather silly thread; yes, I agree that Nadal pushes it with his timing and Umpires are too weak.  I suppose it is a form of cheating and I dislike his on-court conduct for a number of reasons; but nobody is going to take those pots of his mantle piece, and it's better not to get so steamed up about this.

On the contrary, I think it is important to remind everybody that Nadal never won a slam within the rules!

Tenez

Posts : 19170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by naxroy on Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:49 pm

Tenez wrote:
barrystar wrote:This is a rather silly thread; yes, I agree that Nadal pushes it with his timing and Umpires are too weak.  I suppose it is a form of cheating and I dislike his on-court conduct for a number of reasons; but nobody is going to take those pots of his mantle piece, and it's better not to get so steamed up about this.

On the contrary, I think it is important to remind everybody that Nadal never won a slam within the rules!


actually all of them are within the rules

naxroy

Posts : 531
Join date : 2017-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by Tenez on Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:27 pm

naxroy wrote:
Tenez wrote:
barrystar wrote:This is a rather silly thread; yes, I agree that Nadal pushes it with his timing and Umpires are too weak.  I suppose it is a form of cheating and I dislike his on-court conduct for a number of reasons; but nobody is going to take those pots of his mantle piece, and it's better not to get so steamed up about this.

On the contrary, I think it is important to remind everybody that Nadal never won a slam within the rules!


actually all of them are within the rules
It's funny how you wish to appear fair and moderate but you re clearly biased. This is a common trait of Nadal fans in fact....just like him: Nice smile, appearing fair and humble but he is one of the biggest cheat ever. He knowingly breaks the rule for his advantage.

Your denial of this simple fact tells a lot about you.

Tenez

Posts : 19170
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by naxroy on Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:42 pm

I know I am biased

and I know you are not

and yes, what we write can describe a little of how we are


umpire is the one to decide, taking everything into consideration, if the time taken shall be susceptible of warning or not.


you can of course disagree with his view, but no matter how many times you say nadal is cheating, he is not.

you can sue the umpires if you want

naxroy

Posts : 531
Join date : 2017-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by bogbrush on Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:47 pm

That’s not actually correct naxroy, the Umpire at best interprets the rules but he doesn’t write them.

Tenez said he’s not won within the rules and that might be true irrespective of what the Umpire did.

bogbrush

Posts : 2081
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by naxroy on Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:55 pm

never said umpire writes the rules

naxroy

Posts : 531
Join date : 2017-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by DEC1M7 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:25 pm

Tenez has just said that he thinks it would be justified for Federer to dope as he thinks others do it too. Also profusely defended Maria Sharapova.
So spare us the sanctimonious phoney outrage about Nadal picking his @rse and taking some more seconds between points.

Everyone was well aware of this issue already, the only reason this thread exists is that Tenez got upset that Nadal won Grand Slam #17, can't cope.

DEC1M7

Posts : 4752
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by legendkillar on Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:45 pm

naxroy wrote:never said umpire writes the rules

You can't take the position that just because the umpire didn't enforce the rules that the players mustn't be breaking them.

Nadal was taking on average 31 between points yesterday, so Nadal clearly was breaking that particular rule, so from a factual perspective Tenez with what he is stating is correct on that element.

However, as Decima or whatever he's called himself now says, where do you draw the line across all forms of sport?

I wouldn't goes as far to say it is the defining factor in his success.

legendkillar

Posts : 2258
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:51 pm

DEC1M7 wrote:Tenez has just said that he thinks it would be justified for Federer to dope as he thinks others do it too. Also profusely defended Maria Sharapova.
So spare us the sanctimonious phoney outrage about Nadal picking his @rse and taking some more seconds between points.

Everyone was well aware of this issue already, the only reason this thread exists is that Tenez got upset that Nadal won Grand Slam #17, can't cope.

This forum is the beacon of truth and avantgarde thinking in these dark tennis ages. Bubbly

That must be why you love it.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27018
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by DEC1M7 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:52 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
DEC1M7 wrote:Tenez has just said that he thinks it would be justified for Federer to dope as he thinks others do it too. Also profusely defended Maria Sharapova.
So spare us the sanctimonious phoney outrage about Nadal picking his @rse and taking some more seconds between points.

Everyone was well aware of this issue already, the only reason this thread exists is that Tenez got upset that Nadal won Grand Slam #17, can't cope.

This forum is the beacon of truth and avantgarde thinking in these dark tennis ages. Bubbly

That must be why you love it.
Yeah I know, but don't know how long my back can take carrying this forum. Winking

DEC1M7

Posts : 4752
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by naxroy on Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:58 pm

legendkillar wrote:
naxroy wrote:never said umpire writes the rules

You can't take the position that just because the umpire didn't enforce the rules that the players mustn't be breaking them.

Nadal was taking on average 31 between points yesterday, so Nadal clearly was breaking that particular rule, so from a factual perspective Tenez with what he is stating is correct on that element.

However, as Decima or whatever he's called himself now says, where do you draw the line across all forms of sport?

I wouldn't goes as far to say it is the defining factor in his success.


Maybe, just maybe umpires talk about this issue in their meetings and they are doing what they think has to be done, considering the rule and the circumnstances. Maybe it is just that some guys in the internet would do it in a different way, but they are just internet users and no tennis umpires of the first level.

naxroy

Posts : 531
Join date : 2017-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:00 pm

naxroy wrote:
legendkillar wrote:
naxroy wrote:never said umpire writes the rules

You can't take the position that just because the umpire didn't enforce the rules that the players mustn't be breaking them.

Nadal was taking on average 31 between points yesterday, so Nadal clearly was breaking that particular rule, so from a factual perspective Tenez with what he is stating is correct on that element.

However, as Decima or whatever he's called himself now says, where do you draw the line across all forms of sport?

I wouldn't goes as far to say it is the defining factor in his success.


Maybe, just maybe umpires talk about this issue in their meetings and they are doing what they think has to be done, considering the rule and the circumnstances. Maybe it is just that some guys in the internet would do it in a different way, but they are just internet users and no tennis umpires of the first level.

You still don’t get it....

Rules are there not to be interpreted by applied.
Imagine if one decided that a set goes to the best of 1!

noleisthebest

Posts : 27018
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by DEC1M7 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:01 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Imagine if one decided that a set goes to the best of 1!
Any player is free to walk off after 1 set if they wish.

DEC1M7

Posts : 4752
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nadal time wasting

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum