Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Who does she think she is?  - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Who does she think she is?  - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Who does she think she is?  - Page 12 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Who does she think she is?  - Page 12 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Who does she think she is?  - Page 12 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Who does she think she is?  - Page 12 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Who does she think she is?  - Page 12 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Who does she think she is?  - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Who does she think she is?  - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Who does she think she is?

+8
Emancipator
N2D2L
Daniel
bogbrush
Slippy
Veejay
noleisthebest
Tenez
12 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Who does she think she is?  - Page 12 Empty Re: Who does she think she is?

Post by bogbrush Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:02 am

DECIMA wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
DECIMA wrote:I actually find Bogbrush insulting people in general quite funny, whether it crossed a line is a decision for admin (Tenez) to make.

Renpmember you & I had one that went on for about 8 pages on v2? It ended up hinging on an argument about the fitness demands of doubles, at which point it dawned on me that we'd perhaps lost our grip.

Perhaps I might have amused you a bit on that one too! Love Blush
Eh oh I remember that, that was in 2012, when my debating skills at that age were not finely tuned, I was trying to say I saw Fed play both singles and doubles in Olympics 2008 and he looked fully fit, but miswrote it and made it seem like I was saying that doubles alone could tell me as much as singles about fitness. You had a field day with that one and kept bringing it up Who does she think she is?  - Page 12 3700139714  

A much more fond debate from my part was a few years ago when you decided to go for the jugular and claim that assuming competition to win a slam is always equal is not an assumption, as we can't know when it is tougher or easier with 100% certainty. Midway through the debate you realised that this wasn't the best line of approach, so decided to turn the debate away from tennis and started trolling with blatantly ridiculous astrophysics examples. I realised you were trolling which you later admitted, but many Federer fans didn't (of course they would always back you against me in a debate) and were trying to cling on to every word of yours desperately. Very good debate, not only could I win it, but the people I was debating didn't even understand what was going on, nicely set up.
No, that doesn't sound like me at all.  Cool

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:02 am

Jahu wrote:
... wrote:
Jahu wrote:
... wrote:
bogbrush wrote:Was Clowney a trick of predictive texting or a piece of genius?
rom now on I will always refer to the dickhead as George Clowny.
If you heard my accent, Jahu, you'd ditch the idea I'm a Royal smiley
I think it was a touch of Sunday afternoon chilled rose! Big Grin
Yes, with roast Gammon, Pineapples and all the trimmings  chef
Naaaaah...only the light stuff in this weather. Olives, buffalo mozzarella and my "manna"
Discovered a great easy recipe for mini bread(s)!
Nitb, do you rinse dishes with water after washing them up Balkan style, or straight with washing up liquid and let them dry british style?
What a bizarre/banal question...but since it's Sunday night, I'll forgive you!

Seeing how Brits do their washing up was a bit of a culture shock...same as carpets on bathroom floors, separate hot and cold taps etc.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:03 am

Jahu wrote:

From now on I will always refer to the dickhead as George Clowny.

That's exactly the line Royals pull, trying to sound humble and all common  Cheers

Is is Scottish with a little Manchester? Had some trouble with that accent to understand  Big Grin
I'm common as muck, me.

Not saying but very regional. Northern.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:04 am

Whats immature is coming on forums and telling others you are immature.

Think I come here to read your tennis thoughts? Get real.

Sex is good, you should try it and don't be scared, especially with tennis lovers.

Yes you said Tenez and admin 7 times by now in hope of Tenez banning someone here, so don't worry, sex will live after me too  Laugh

Now drop the I'm here to get the Forum in order, post what you want and don't worry for others, till Tenez says otherwise.

Wanna be a Mod I guess?  Laugh

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:05 am

bogbrush wrote:
Jahu wrote:

From now on I will always refer to the dickhead as George Clowny.

That's exactly the line Royals pull, trying to sound humble and all common  Cheers

Is is Scottish with a little Manchester? Had some trouble with that accent to understand  Big Grin
I'm common as muck, me.

Not saying but very regional. Northern.

So kind of a How are you me old mucker? Very Empire style, nice  Big Grin

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:13 am

Jahu wrote:Whats immature is coming on forums and telling others you are immature.
I didn't say you were immature, I just said posting that you're only on this forum (clearly a tennis forum) for sex is immature. And you can add that criticism to the rest of your post (and no, I don't want Tenez to ban anyone, nor do I want to become a mod).

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:20 am

So I need you to come and point that to me, Dr. Obvious?

Whats the logic of your posts then? I did not say that, I don't want this, nor do I want that? What do you want then? 

Wanna date me or what, be clear man, stop beating around the bush, you're confusing me with your high level language  Laugh

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:37 pm

On the subject of "who does she think she is?", here's one that Jahu might like to comment on.

I can only feel for this young lady, discriminated against for no other reason than her appearance. You can see the lengths she's gone to to obscure here appearance in the article.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/work/emily-ratajkowski-claims-big-breasts-mean-discriminated-against/

She no doubt thought carefully about the risk of further publicity in this brave decision to speak out. 

Isn't it time this sort of thing was stamped out?

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:42 pm

Hahahah, 14M followers, speaks a lot, god sake, considered too sexy, is there even a logic behind this statement.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:38 pm

Gave up on this thread after pregnancy was considered a sport.

Amazed how it has developed over that time. Some intriguing arguments. I do enjoy BB's panache I have to say.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:08 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/40606775

God this non-story is irking me. The media trying to enshrine Andy as like some liberator of women's rights or something.

It's pretty simple really. Andy's press conferences always tend to have a mixture of sullen, prickly and sulkiness undertone to them (more so after a defeat) in which it comes across like an actor sick to death of the same questions by different interviewers. Andy didn't make that comment because he was sticking up for Serena, he made that comment to belittle the interviewer as he was already in a strop on the backdrop of the result of his match. This wasn't some feminist crusade. It was sarcasm of the highest order.

Serena just being even more annoying when she's not playing. Just wish she would naff off already and get prepared for the magic of motherhood.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Slippy Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:17 pm

I think that's wrong LK. Andy made a similar correction last year when a journalist said he was the only player with two Olympic gold medals. It seems to be something he feels relatively strongly about, rather than just intending to belittle the journalist. 

Agree though that, really, it's a non-story.

Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Slippy Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:24 pm

bogbrush wrote:On the subject of "who does she think she is?", here's one that Jahu might like to comment on.

I can only feel for this young lady, discriminated against for no other reason than her appearance. You can see the lengths she's gone to to obscure here appearance in the article.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/work/emily-ratajkowski-claims-big-breasts-mean-discriminated-against/

She no doubt thought carefully about the risk of further publicity in this brave decision to speak out. 

Isn't it time this sort of thing was stamped out?
I don't even get what she's complaining about here. Other women not giving her jobs because they are jealous? Good on the Telegraph though for raising this troubling issue and including several pictures of her so we can see the substantial problems she faces!

Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:28 pm

Disagree there Slippy. Why correct the journalist on a minor thing? I knew what the journalists meant on both occasions as did the rest of the media in the room I'd suspect. It's not something that requires necessary correction. It's not a deliberate attempt by the journalists to forgo the achievements of women when they are discussing the male side of the game at that moment in time.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Slippy Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:31 pm

I agree but it must be something he feels strongly about? It wouldn't even occur to me - as you say I'd assume they meant male singles player given the context (male player is also technically wrong given the Bryan brothers etc).

Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:39 pm

I don't think it is something he feels strongly about. I can tell you now that any sporting professional would love to put one over on journalists and the wider media if given the chance. This was just Andy just having a rib at the journalist expense. In both situations the journalists involved laughed when corrected.

I don't begrudge it. If I was scrutinised and criticised, then yeah I'd swing for a bit of tit for tat.

What I don't like with this particular situation is again it gets hijacked into something major that it isn't.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:02 pm

I fear Andy has had too much female domination in his life. I always worried what was going on with the Mauresmo debacle.

I think he is quite sensitive to feminist matters, I'm quite sure he'd have work one if those stupid tee-shirts that Clegg & Millipede wore - but lk is right too, this was classic prickly Andy ready to have a moan at the journalist,

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Back to OT: I think she thinks she is the W winner now.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:14 pm

It was virtue signalling bollocks.  He was angry that he lost and wanted to lash out - so made a journalist feel bad about what was obviously a perfectly valid response concerning the topic... MALE TENNIS.  This is PC fannyism gone mad.  It's ridiculous. It needs to stop.  What the journalist should have said was 

"The male and female games are separate and I am clearly referring to the male game.  If we want true equality, then men and women will have to compete against one another." [Because then women would have no titles at all].

Murray is a beta male - and it shows.  His mother was first to chime in.  She's another idiot.  She actually thinks that obtuse SJW nonsense was showing strength haha.  Thank GOD I didn't have a mother as WEAK and pathetic as that.

The Murrays would have you believe that we have to go around saying

"Federer has won the most titles in male tennis"  "Federer is X in male tennis" and so on and so on.  EVERY TIME. Or you'll get a call from the SJW Gestapo!

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:14 pm

Funny you should use the expression "beta", I was thinking that earlier.  Don't feel good using it to describe him but it matches the behaviour.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:38 pm

He grew without a father, so sure he is beta and a cuck to her mom/wife.

Give the guy a little space you sexist animals  Laugh

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:01 pm

I grew up without a father, and I can assure you I didn't end up like cuck Murray lmao.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:14 pm

Sure, have a 2 friends who grew same as you, but had proper moms who did not make their sons into toys for girls and woman power equality crap  Big Grin

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:30 pm

It's conversations like this that make me realise what a forum runner genius Tenez is.

Can you imagine trying that on 606v2?

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:37 pm

I think tennis is second here, to creativity and general commenting of how posters view life/world/others, not related to tennis at all.

Need to start a Kickstarter campaign here so we send Tenez a Bottle of his favorite tipple for xmass  Bubbly

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:51 pm

God knows what one of those is but if someone does it I'm in.

What's he like, some fancy posh French thing I suppose. It'd have to well aged, we know Tenez reckons things get much better that way.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:57 pm

Anything to soothe his heart and enlarge his blood veins, sometimes I think he's gonna get a heart attack from Fed losses  zen

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:34 pm

Jahu wrote:Sure, have a 2 friends who grew same as you, but had proper moms who did not make their sons into toys for girls and woman power equality crap  Big Grin

Oh yeah I agree... Judy is a complete witch.  She has a face you just want to punch.  Laugh There's my equality for this discussion.  Wah  Maybe if she hadn't brought up Murray so mollycoddled and stupid, he'd have more than 3 slams.  Because it's his attitude and mental side that let's him down again and again.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:29 pm

My mum can't stand Judy Murray so this officially isn't a mysogeny thing.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:55 pm

just saw that. Thanks guys..,

But again....I am not running anything! I am just adding my views like you!

Nevermind, I'll follow up with my address for the bottle! Winking

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:13 am

bogbrush wrote:what a forum runner genius Tenez is.
True.  That said, he just lets people talk as they see fit.  If I did not know any better, I would think that was not so difficult.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:42 am

Yeah, but the skill is in treating people like adults so we behave like (robust) adults.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:37 am

Speak for yourself Big Grin

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:57 pm

I'm just watching "Alien" for about the 47th time.

Shit, this thing is so far ahead of this Prometheus / Covenant bull that Cameron is peddling now.

In particular how he fucked up that brilliant Space jockey thing from the weird creature into a big guy with a helmet on was borderline criminal.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum