Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
open - US open prediction game! Day 12! - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
open - US open prediction game! Day 12! - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
open - US open prediction game! Day 12! - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
open - US open prediction game! Day 12! - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
open - US open prediction game! Day 12! - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
open - US open prediction game! Day 12! - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
open - US open prediction game! Day 12! - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
open - US open prediction game! Day 12! - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
open - US open prediction game! Day 12! - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

US open prediction game! Day 12!

+7
AceofDeath
Daniel
noleisthebest
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
sphairistike
Tenez
luvsports!
11 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

open - US open prediction game! Day 12! - Page 6 Empty Re: US open prediction game! Day 12!

Post by noleisthebest Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:05 am

gallery play wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
gallery play wrote:Now i review the semi's: Stan wasn't much better than Cilic, was he?
But Stan started off quite dangerous, Fed did well to survive that start and then steamroll him.

I dropped off during the second set and woke up when Fed was serving for the match.
I had some rose to celebrate Vinci's win and it completely knocked me off Blush
How many bottles did you drink, because i was experiencing the opposite: wanted to go bed it was too adrenalizing Winking
He, he, I don't booze, just drink  - two glasses is enough to get me in the mood - I don't need much to fly! Big Grin I have never been drunk in my life in fact! open - US open prediction game! Day 12! - Page 6 3919515806

Only once I had I think 3/4 of champers bottle when Nole won AO in 2012 and it had no effect on me at all Yikes
That must have been the craziest day of my fan tennis life/career! (second only to that kick out from Wimbledon, of course!)

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

open - US open prediction game! Day 12! - Page 6 Empty Re: US open prediction game! Day 12!

Post by Tenez Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:24 am

gallery play wrote:Now i review the semi's: Stan wasn't much better than Cilic, was he?
Fed certainly broke his timing like he did in Rome. I actually though Stan was very dangerous but he simply could not show his potential with such a fast rhythm. That's why I woudl have loved to see a Stan/Djoko match.

Cilic was injured so clearly he played without believing as he even thought about giving a w.o. . I don't think Stan was nearly as bad.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:33 am

The match went exactly as I hoped/predicted: Federer took Stan apart by denying him time for his mighty wind-ups and moved him around. For such a short match Stan even began to look a bit static toward the end, though that may have been from despair as much as anything.

The opening exchanges were worrying. In fact Wawrinka has an argument to have been the more threatening player in the first set, but from 2-3 2nd set Federer won 10-1 and it was a combination of Stan getting befuddled and thrown off, and Federer going into a very low error aggressive mode.

He simply couldn't have got to the final with a lesser expenditure of energy. All the fears of a five-set victory over Murray draining the legs have been dispelled, and even beneath the scores Roger has kept rallies short. The lower half was a difficult draw and he's earned a 99/100 mark; it could barely have gone better (one mark deducted for the wobble against Kohlschreiber).

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:51 am

yes BB have you noticed the very point which gave the second break in teh 3rd set. A 20 shot rally (longest of the match). Federer never really recovered from it...as he had difficulty serving the match out.

Djoko will try to force as many as possible of those. That's the problem. The ball will come back more often than with Stan.

I am just hoping Djoko will also get tired in the process...and nervous thanks to the crowd.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:23 am

I must say reviewing this again, the rallies seem to be slower than Fed-Stan....making Djoko look faster than he is.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:50 am

Yes, but the dissapointing thing for me was Cilic, who although he knew he was injured - chose to rally...
What was he thinking! : doh:

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:05 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Yes, but the dissapointing thing for me was Cilic, who although he knew he was injured - chose to rally...
I don't think he is to blame. no one chooses to rally v Djoko. He simply did what he could.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:10 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Yes, but the dissapointing thing for me was Cilic, who although he knew he was injured - chose to rally...
I don't think he is to blame. no one chooses to rally v Djoko. He simply did what he could.
I dunno...just look at those rallies, surely he could've pulled the trigger in many of them...
He capitulated even before the match started, but he's always been soft. Not a mechanical beast.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:35 pm

Croatian media this morning:

„Ružan i negledljiv epilog dobila je serija Marina Čilića u Njujorku. Čudo kojem smo se nadali izgleda kao humoristička iluzija pošto je Novak Đoković očitao brutalnu lekciju najboljem hrvatskom teniseru i ostavio ga na tri gema. Prvi igrač sveta jedva da se oznojio”, navodi se u izveštaju, uz konstataciju da je „Čilić u meč ušao preplašen kao grčka delegacija kod Angele Merkel”.

"Cilic went into the match scared like Greek delegation visiting Angela Merkel" Laugh

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:50 pm

FedererKing wrote:omg!  another down the line winner hahahaha!

Admit it FK, youmare loving this old, decliming Fed!!!

Life begins at 34! Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:53 pm

paulcz wrote:
Tenez wrote:
paulcz wrote:
Tenez wrote:
gallery play wrote:
paulcz wrote:Nole starts thinking about playing some extra stuff, nothing is sure yet.
Paulcz, this isn't your best day of posting
Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
Sorry Paul - Was not meant to be mean. It's GP's frustration (and mine) that made e laugh.
I got it, some fans's teasing is needed everywhere. Now I am only Nole's fan here, so I need to post more often Winking

You are doing a great job Paul!
Keep up the good work Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:57 pm

Tenez wrote:I just found out what SABR meant!
And what is the verdict Winking ?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:15 pm

As GP pointed I am annoyed ar Becker (and Mc) to come up with such stupid comments, especially as McEnroe was doing it....and becker was jumping R and L during serve for the sole purpose to disturb his opponent.

So Becker is clearly saying this to rattle Fed ...I guess he knows it can disrupt Djoko....though I think SABR is not bringing many points.....especially once you expect it.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:39 pm

Tenez wrote:As GP pointed I am annoyed ar Becker (and Mc) to come up with such stupid comments, especially as McEnroe was doing it....and becker was jumping R and L during serve for the sole purpose to disturb his opponent.

So Becker is clearly saying this to rattle Fed ...I guess he knows it can disrupt Djoko....though I think SABR is not bringing many points.....especially once you expect it.

I didn't see those comments, but Becker is a joke with his "mental tactics" - a clear sign he is scared himself.

A stupid woman journalist last night tried to imply SABR gamesmanship towards the end of his interview...I'm glad he put her in her place.

Some people really do not have a clue about tennis.  They are just envious fools.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:48 pm

Tenez wrote:I did not watch the Vinci/Serena match but it looked to me as if Vinci ran like Djoko and was getting to all the balls.

She did run a bit, but it was magical nonetheless!
Vinci is no Errani.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:02 pm

I think it is only fair that one rely on sheer power for the opponent to try to move him/her arround and tire him/her down.

In fact I expected more women to expose Serena's weakness...but of course the problem is to handle her pace first.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6