Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
open - Which youngster will progress the furthest at the US Open? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
open - Which youngster will progress the furthest at the US Open? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
open - Which youngster will progress the furthest at the US Open? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
open - Which youngster will progress the furthest at the US Open? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
open - Which youngster will progress the furthest at the US Open? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
open - Which youngster will progress the furthest at the US Open? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
open - Which youngster will progress the furthest at the US Open? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
open - Which youngster will progress the furthest at the US Open? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
open - Which youngster will progress the furthest at the US Open? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Which youngster will progress the furthest at the US Open?

+4
gallery play
noleisthebest
Tenez
luvsports!
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

open - Which youngster will progress the furthest at the US Open? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which youngster will progress the furthest at the US Open?

Post by summerblues Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:51 am

luvsports! wrote:What's FM like? 
Big, noisy, brash?
Yes, all of that! Normally not a huge fan of big, noisy and brash, but for the USO as long as I go in with the right attitude it is all good. I have enjoyed it every year I went so far.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

open - Which youngster will progress the furthest at the US Open? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which youngster will progress the furthest at the US Open?

Post by summerblues Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:58 am

Sock, Thiem, Nishioka, Vesely and Chung survived the first round.  Kyrgios still playing but is now a break down in the 4th.

I have never seen Chung play, just followed his results this year - he was mostly playing challengers earlier in the season and got himself into top 100 on back of that.  Good to see him getting a nice win in a slam.

Sock and Thiem have beatable opponents in Rd2, Vesely and Nishioka less so, and Chung will play Wawrinka, so that will probably be it for him.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:01 am

Thiem and Vesely the only two into Rd3.    Chung's score against Wawrinka looks quite respectable, but I did not see any of the match so no idea how he was playing.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:45 am

V gd win for Vesely there. Didn't expect that.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:45 am

Poor Vesely, he has another tough server to handle....and more importantly the crowd with him.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:30 pm

Vesely is a strange character.
One of those players you are never sure whether his shots are going in...his swings are so "generous".
I've never seen him play on faster surfaces, though...on clay he just wastes so much time rallying & building points instead of going for it.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:23 pm

He avoids the net at all costs.
When he won in Auckland at the start of the year, I was impressed.
Serving huge, big, punishing groundies & strong mentally.
Done nothing for me since and gone down in my estimations.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:49 am

I don't class him as a youngster anymore, as he's been around for quite a while, Tomic (22 soon to be 23) has Gasquet next.
Thiem (just turned 22) plays KA, go Thiem and Vesely (22) has Isner. I'm not sure any of these guys will win 2bh. Would love Thiem to!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:39 pm

Thiem served a 140 mph serve yesterday. He  lost yesterday to Anderson, but that I think would be the last one.

Theim looks the best among all young players.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:08 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Thiem served a 140 mph serve yesterday. He  lost yesterday to Anderson, but that I think would be the last one.

Theim looks the best among all young players.
I was really impressed by him yesterday I must say. He has a complete game and a beautiful BH.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2