Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Wimbledon 2013: The Favourites, Seedings, Draw - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Wimbledon 2013: The Favourites, Seedings, Draw - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Wimbledon 2013: The Favourites, Seedings, Draw - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Wimbledon 2013: The Favourites, Seedings, Draw - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Wimbledon 2013: The Favourites, Seedings, Draw - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Wimbledon 2013: The Favourites, Seedings, Draw - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Wimbledon 2013: The Favourites, Seedings, Draw - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Wimbledon 2013: The Favourites, Seedings, Draw - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Wimbledon 2013: The Favourites, Seedings, Draw - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Wimbledon 2013: The Favourites, Seedings, Draw

+4
luvsports!
BlueClay
Tenez
noleisthebest
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wimbledon 2013: The Favourites, Seedings, Draw - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon 2013: The Favourites, Seedings, Draw

Post by N2D2L Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:04 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
That's a shame, because smart people recognise those that are good at something and learn from them. None of us know everything. Why is that so hard to accept?
Would it be valid or rude if I was to say the same to you and Tenez?
Just asking.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon 2013: The Favourites, Seedings, Draw - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon 2013: The Favourites, Seedings, Draw

Post by BlueClay Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:09 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
BlueClay wrote:
How can people "think" on this forum when you act like you are some kind of cult leader? You go on and on about "free thinking" but the truth is that is not what you really want on this forum, what you really want is for all members to be your sheep. Funny coming from somebody who was banned from another forum and did not like the fact that he could not offer his own opinions and think freely on that forum. Are you really any better here or are you being hypocritical? "Think" about that.

In terms of Nadal, I don't have to think about anything. I think he was serving a provisional suspension and that he does not have serious knee problems. The whole injury sequence  after the W loss does not make any sense and is not in line with a person who claims to have those type of knee injuries. People with those type of knee injuries do not jet ski and jump off of boats.

I see it now, you just don't like the fact that there is somebody that knows more than you, just like Lydian&co on v2...

That's a shame, because smart people recognise those that are good at something and learn from them. None of us know everything. Why is that so hard to accept?

I don't claim to know everything but I can't agree with you that Tenez is some type of tennis guru. In my eyes he is not, can't YOU accept that?

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:10 pm

BlueClay wrote:
I see it now, you just don't like the fact that there is somebody that knows more than you, just like Lydian&co on v2...

I don't claim to know everything but I can't agree with you that Tenez is some type of tennis guru. In my eyes he is not, can't YOU accept that? [/quote]

Yes, I have no problem with any of your opinions, so long as you don't loose your cool and start using unsavoury language.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:10 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Just asking.

LOL, right on Julia!

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:14 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
BlueClay wrote:

I don't claim to know everything but I can't agree with you that Tenez is some type of tennis guru. In my eyes he is not, can't YOU accept that?

Yes, I have no problem with any of your opinions, so long as you don't loose your cool and start using unsavoury language.[/quote]

I don't lose my cool. Tenez insulted me first so I responded in kind with harsher language. No big deal.

The truth is you and Tenez base all of your opinions on your intense hatred of Nadal and itense love for Novak(or at least you have an intense love for Novak.) Not really the most objective tennis analysis is it? Why does everybody see it but you? Winking

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:16 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Just asking.

No, it wouldn't be rude.
But I don't know you from a bar of soap, whereas I've known Tenez and his views for 7 years. You can look up what he has been saying over the time and see why I think he is very knowledgeable.

I'd be glad if you could provide a history of your expertise. I love to learn and am not ashamed to say it. We all see things slightly differently and can add something to a discussion.

But I'm sure you'd agree it's hard to discuss if only one side provides any arguments and the other gets in a strop and starts insulting because they can't.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:17 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
But I'm sure you'd agree it's hard to discuss if only one side provides any arguments and the other gets in a strop and starts insulting because they can't.
Well of course I agree with that, and I can speak on behalf of myself that I have embraced this.
However I did see Tenez insulting Blue Clay first, whether that justifies the response is upto you to decide.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:23 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Well of course I agree with that, and I can speak on behalf of myself that I have embraced this.
However I did see Tenez insulting Blue Clay first, whether that justifies the response is upto you to decide.

Blueclay, and I am trying to be as gently as I can here, is not up at the same level as Tenez in tennis knowledge, that's why he is struggling to express his views and arguments.

He claims Nadal is talented but can't explain why, or at least his explanation does not sound convincing at all to anyone who actually plays the game. It's not a big deal, but at least he should take a back seat and respect that somebody knows more and try and learn from it.

The more you know about tennis, the more you enjoy it, it's a win-win situation smiley

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:24 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Blueclay, and I am trying to be as gently as I can here, is not up at the same level as Tenez in tennis knowledge,
Well considering you agree with him more than you do with Blue Clay, of course you're going to say that. It's a ridiculous line.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:26 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Julia Santamaria wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Blueclay, and I am trying to be as gently as I can here, is not up at the same level as Tenez in tennis knowledge, that's why he is struggling to express his views and arguments.

He claims Nadal is talented but can't explain why, or at least his explanation does not sound convincing at all to anyone who actually plays the game. It's not a big deal, but at least he should take a back seat and respect that somebody knows more and try and learn from it.

The more you know about tennis, the more you enjoy it, it's a win-win situation smiley

I have explained why I think Nadal has talent but because of your obvious and over the top hatred of Nadal, you don't want to listen.

I think there are a lot of knowledgeable tennis fans out there but Tenez is not one of them imo. When a person is too blinded by hatred of a player or players, that person cannot be a good tennis analyst, it is not possible. One has to be more objective in order to be a good tennis analyst IMO.

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:27 pm

BlueClay wrote:

I have explained why I think Nadal has talent but because of your obvious and over the top hatred of Nadal, you don't want to listen.

I think there are a lot of knowledgeable tennis fans out there but Tenez is not one of them imo. When a person is too blinded by hatred of a player or players, that person cannot be a good tennis analyst, it is not possible. One has to be more objective in order to be a good tennis analyst IMO.
Yes but both NITB and Tenez believe that Tenez is objective, so I don't see you getting very far with this line of argument.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:30 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Blueclay, and I am trying to be as gently as I can here, is not up at the same level as Tenez in tennis knowledge,
Well considering you agree with him more than you do with Blue Clay, of course you're going to say that. It's a ridiculous line.

Tenez and NITB have a cult leader/sheep type set-up. All of their "tennis analysis" stems from their over the top biases, it is not objective analysis in any way. Obviously others on other forums can see that fact about them as well.

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:31 pm

Thumbs Up

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:32 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:
BlueClay wrote:

Yes but both NITB and Tenez believe that Tenez is objective, so I don't see you getting very far with this line of argument.

Of course they think they are objective and that is the joke of the whole thing but clearly to a truly reasonable and objective tennis fan (very few tennis fans are reasonable and objective) it is obvious.

I know I am wasting my time arguing with them, it is like talking to a wall. smiley

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:32 pm

BlueClay wrote: Tenez and NITB have a cult leader/sheep type set-up. All of their "tennis analysis" stems from their over the top biases, it is not objective analysis in any way. Obviously others on other forums can see that fact  about them as well.

If only you knew what cool initiation ceremony we hold for all worthy members Cool

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:34 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
BlueClay wrote: Tenez and NITB have a cult leader/sheep type set-up. All of their "tennis analysis" stems from their over the top biases, it is not objective analysis in any way. Obviously others on other forums can see that fact  about them as well.

If only you knew what cool initiation ceremony we hold for all worthy members Cool

Ha, ha, that is definitely one initiation ceremony I don't want to partake in. smiley

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:16 pm

It is true though. Tenez and nitb have in the past said why they think nadal isn't talented, but BC has just laughed and said of course nadal is more talented, look at their head to heads and titles won etc.

That's not much of an explanation.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:24 am

luvsports! wrote:It is true though. Tenez and nitb have in the past said why they think nadal isn't talented, but BC has just laughed and said of course nadal is more talented, look at their head to heads and titles won etc.

No that is false. I specifically said why I think Nadal is more talented than Djokovic comparing each part of their games, but NITB and Tenez ignored that because they hate Nadal so much.

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:03 am

Sorry then I guess. 
Where is this?

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:37 am

BlueClay wrote:
luvsports! wrote:It is true though. Tenez and nitb have in the past said why they think nadal isn't talented, but BC has just laughed and said of course nadal is more talented, look at their head to heads and titles won etc.

No that is false. I specifically said why I think Nadal is more talented than Djokovic comparing each part of their games, but NITB and Tenez ignored that because they hate Nadal so much.

Ouah...I must have missed that. I remember the argument about the slam count...but nothing else. I am very curious to read what BC's points are. I'll indeed try to temper my "hate of Nadal" and consider those points as objectively as possible. Winking

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:25 am

Well...
It's all happening in the bottom draw. Easy cake draw for Djokovic

Nadal, Isner, Federer, Gulbis, Tsonga, Murray

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:38 am

OH, has it all started already?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:39 am

Nadal in Fed's QTR?

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:52 am

Nitb, how do you like cupcakes now? Winking

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:53 am

So Federer in Murray's half, Nadal in Fed's quarter.

Projected quarters: Nole- Berdych, Ferrer-Del Potro, Murray-Tsonga, Federer-Nadal

Murray actually has a joke draw before the QF.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:54 am

summerblues wrote:Nitb, how do you like cupcakes now? Winking
Lovely, with a cup of coffee, please cupcake + coffee

Good thngs come to those who wait Big Grin

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:57 am

I've got a ticket for C1 for Friday, that can only mean I'll see Nadal Wah

....that's if he makes it to R3 Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:58 am

was it in doubt? Winking

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:58 am

Nole had probably the hardest draw at RG, so only fair that he has the easiest one now. Roger/Rafa have a nightmare road to the title.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:01 am

summerblues wrote:Nole had probably the hardest draw at RG, so only fair that he has the easiest one now.  Roger/Rafa have a nightmare road to the title.

They do. They will all be desperate for a major upset in the 1st week.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:04 am

1st round matches to watch:

Cilic-Baghdatis
Wawrinka-Hewitt
Tipsarevic-Troicki
Nadal-Darcis (ha,ha, HA! Grr )
Berdych-Klilzan (could be an early upset for Berd like last year)

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:06 am

Nadal's draw is tough? I did not see that. Has the final draw been posted?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:31 am

No, not yet officially, so slow.

Projected 3rd round matches:

TOP HALF
Djokovic-Chardy
Haas-Simon
Gasquet-Querrey
Berdych-Anderson
Ferrer-Dolgopolov
Raonic-Kohlschreiber
Nishikori-Seppi
Dimitrov-Del Potro

BOTTOM HALF

Nadal-Paire GO BENOIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!cracker diva love (C1 on Fri may not be that bad, after all!)
Isner-Wawrinka (poor Stan's really stuffed with his draw this year)
Almagro-JJ
Raonic-Kohlschreiber
Tsonga-Benneteau
Monaco-Cilic
Tipsarevic-Youzhny
Robredo-Murray
Federer-Fognini

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:34 am

Funny. Gasquet just lost to Querrey recently on grass....was it at boodles?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:37 am

Pundit's favourites:

Ivanisevic, Mac, Evert: Djokovic
Cash: Murray
Wilander: Murray/Federer

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:37 am

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:39 am

Tenez wrote:Funny. Gasquet just lost to Querrey recently on grass....was it at boodles?

yes, but it was close, Querrey not an easy draw for anyone, definitely 7-6(2), 7-6(5).

Querrey may be knocked out by Tomic in HIS first match though.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:44 am

Rosol on course to play Fed....(erm , disappointed by Wimber's lack of "coincidential" draw imagination this year....)
Gulbis playing Vasselin in R1 and then Tsonga, that will have to be the Match of R2!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:12 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Pundit's favourites:

Ivanisevic, Mac, Evert: Djokovic
Cash: Murray
Wilander: Murray/Federer

Very difficult here. I'd say Murray/Djoko for sure. Interesting to see that none picked Nadal.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:55 pm

Ladies and gentlemen. Gear up for the daily prediction game for the wimbledon.

The most recent winner of RG was nitb and by some margin.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:20 pm

She dopes!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:34 pm

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:36 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Ladies and gentlemen. Gear up for the daily prediction game for the wimbledon.

The most recent winner of RG was nitb and by some margin.

Great!
Thanks, rotla diva

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:38 pm

Tested positive to OTF! Rotla and I are considering a silent ban!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:48 pm

tested positive for several steroids.... and a beaver tranquilizer....

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:03 pm

Tenez wrote:Tested positive to OTF! Rotla and I are considering a silent ban!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diWyDMW8jHM

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:45 pm

I've taken my weekly dose of EPO and I'm ready to play ROTLA's game.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:46 pm

More ready than ever.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:41 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:More ready than ever.

Laugh

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:18 am

If it comes to it, who is going to win next Fedal instalment?
For me, Fed in 4.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next