Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?

+3
Larry Ellison
noleisthebest
Tenez
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?

Post by Tenez Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:21 pm

luvsports! wrote:LA has caused a change to the media's take on it, our take on it, young cyclists take on it. It's been extremely pervasive.

Never before have you had so many coming out and speaking against it. But the good thing is its not like it was before. They are attacking the system.

There won';t be as much change as people want, but there has and will be change.

I disagree there. we develop an immune reaction to scandals. The bigger, the less the following ones will impact us. The system is not changing. Look at tennis. It adopts that doping passport which will simply give them the chance to dope freely while clearly the mind of the sport organisers. That is all they care about. Scandals are bad for them, not doping. Giving Federer a challenge in 2006 was more important for the sport than knowing whether Nadal was doping or not. And that will be the case in the future too.

If Davydenko dopes and wins everything, you can be sure they will do their best to catch him cause he has no hair and charisma. Sport is a show. It;s as simple as that.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?

Post by luvsports! Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:23 pm

I didn't say the system had changed, the above things i have mentioned are outside of that system and that has changed.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:51 pm

luvsports! wrote:You are right SR but remember doping is seen as a taboo subject. Many feds fans may not want to discuss it either. That may be because of the strict rules of a forum for instance, ergo because of that we cannot truly know their views on it. For instance on v2 some just come straight out with who they think are dopers whereas others don't get drawn on it or change the subject with the usual.... "proof?"
I would be interested to know their thoughts on the matter.

Hi, LS, are you still gathering doping material for your dissertation? Can I ask the
title of your thesis and in which school you’re doing your study?

The doping topic used to be taboo but not anymore. I remember less than a year ago
my first post on v2 containing only the word “cheat” was promptly deleted by
the mod. But things changed rapidly. Around the time of the LA debacle, I was
able to post “nadal is the greatest fraud in tennis history” and nobody touched
it!

They’re just playing dumb. Of course they know where the proofs of the failed tests
were kept in the LA, Marion Jones and Agassi cases. Why is it any different with
today’s tennis players? Mostly, people asked for “proof” to evade answering the
real doping issues. If so many Catholic priests are now exposed as undercover
pedophiles by their victims decades after their crimes, I don’t understand why
tennis fans still have problem accepting that athletes also cheat to win? Doping
or getting unnatural “help” in sports appears to be the norm, not the exception.
And self-censorship on a forum re the doping issue tells not so much about the
sports, but the weaknesses of the fans themselves.

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:21 pm

Hey SR
It is due in 3 weeks so not doing much more research now and its doing my head in!
"Outline and evaluate preventative measures to combat doping in professional road cycling" - Studying in birmingham.

Don't think anyone could disagree with those points SR!!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:57 pm

Lots and lots of luck, LS

How long is it? Possible to post it here when it's done?

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:07 pm

cheers bud, really appreciate that Hug . atm a few thousand, needs to be around 10,000!
haha maybe

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:50 pm

Tenez wrote:I disagree there. we develop an immune reaction to scandals. The bigger, the less the following ones will impact us. The system is not changing. Look at tennis. It adopts that doping passport which will simply give them the chance to dope freely while clearly the mind of the sport organisers. That is all they care about. Scandals are bad for them, not doping. Giving Federer a challenge in 2006 was more important for the sport than knowing whether Nadal was doping or not. And that will be the case in the future too.

If Davydenko dopes and wins everything, you can be sure they will do their best to catch him cause he has no hair and charisma. Sport is a show. It;s as simple as that.

So true, poor Davy! If it wasn't tragic - it would be comical!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:59 am

@ Tenez:
But the funniest is Lydian complaining about it on v2 after kicking me out and then say what I had been saying since 2007. But don;t be fooled, he is only complaining now cause those courts are not helping Nadal beat Federer anymore, they will see better players make Nadal look average. Lydian woudl have never complained, and never did, when the most talented player ever, one in a century, was outlasted on the slowest courts but dodgy fitness. It's just that Lydian the fan now is sad to see his protege missing some tournaments and being possibly outlasted by fitter ones.

Yes, that's really funny, T. Still reviewing the situation. Lots of catching up to do. Which
relevant match(es) and court(s) do you have in mind when you said “those courts
are not helping Nadal beat Federer anymore”?

Just had a look at lydian’s post re “speeding things up”. Am
I missing something? How can she want speeding things up on one hand BUT bitch
about the 25 sec rule on the other? Did she complain about how slow IW was when
nadal won there? Then she goes on to imply nadal has nothing to do with the
current trend of grind tennis. Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 563610107

Curious inconsistency and self-contradictions galore over there at nadal heaven. Looks like rabid
nadal fans are constantly stuck in a self-imposed charade again and again. Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 2033450363

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:41 pm

SR wrote:@ Tenez:
But the funniest is Lydian complaining about it on v2 after kicking me out and then say what I had been saying since 2007. But don;t be fooled, he is only complaining now cause those courts are not helping Nadal beat Federer anymore, they will see better players make Nadal look average. Lydian woudl have never complained, and never did, when the most talented player ever, one in a century, was outlasted on the slowest courts but dodgy fitness. It's just that Lydian the fan now is sad to see his protege missing some tournaments and being possibly outlasted by fitter ones.

Yes, that's really funny, T. Still reviewing the situation. Lots of catching up to do. Which
relevant match(es) and court(s) do you have in mind when you said “those courts
are not helping Nadal beat Federer anymore”?

I meant Lydian was enjoying the conds then cause Nadal could stop Fed on those slow conds, but now that Federer is no longer the challenge anymore for Nadal, the man to beat, Lydian can complain about them. Sorry I did not mean to say that Federer now beats Nadal on those slow conds...though he could on a good day, they certainly don't help.

Just had a look at lydian’s post re “speeding things up”. Am
I missing something? How can she want speeding things up on one hand BUT bitch
about the 25 sec rule on the other? Did she complain about how slow IW was when
nadal won there? Then she goes on to imply nadal has nothing to do with the
current trend of grind tennis. Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 563610107
As I said many times, Lydian is simply is very biased. He knows about tennis but his/her knowledge is only aimed at bigging Nadal and Pete and diminishing Federer. Just read all his posts on old 606 and V2, and you will see that not so subtly he is having a dig at Federer's achievements and indeed disregarding teh conds and everything else which helped Nadal. Unlike me however he makes an effort to sound fair...but it's hypocritical. It;s dead easy to read through him.

Curious inconsistency and self-contradictions galore over there at nadal heaven. Looks like rabid
nadal fans are constantly stuck in a self-imposed charade again and again. Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 2033450363

Hear hear...it fans like that who emphasised my dislike of the player. As negative as Nadal's game.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:29 am

Tenez wrote: As I said many times, Lydian is simply is very biased. He knows about tennis but his/her knowledge is only aimed at bigging Nadal and Pete and diminishing Federer. Just read all his posts on old 606 and V2, and you will see that not so subtly he is having a dig at Federer's achievements and indeed disregarding teh conds and everything else which helped Nadal. Unlike me however he makes an effort to sound fair...but it's hypocritical. It;s dead easy to read through him.

Don’t even have to read the old stuff. Couldn’t agree more just based on her recent
posts.

Incidentally, TRuffin alerted me that “it's funny people don't even think Federer will qualify for the
WTF”. (Thanks, P.
Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 3157886161) So I went to v2 and sure enough, who else but Lydian took
the trouble and time to go through yet again another of her diss-Fed charade in
her “Federer and the atp race for the WTF,” in which she pre-maturely and
ever so keenly anticipates Roger’s failure to reach WTF’13!

Yes, Lydian is transparent as cling-film (got to borrow this from you, Vee, good one Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 3157886161). But she’s also far craftier
than (dreamy) hawkeye and (air-head) haddie in inventing and staging her diss-Fed
propagandas masqueraded under “I don’t know if I should get my tickets now, as Fed
is sinking, he might not be there.”
Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 2033450363 Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 2033450363 Of course, virtually nobody supported such
a wishful idea of Fed not turning up at WTF. But, in the polite society of v2, everyone is happy to string and play along.

The sub-text of lydian’s predictable non-article is “I hate Federer. I wish Federer does not qualify
for WTF.”
There, wouldn’t it be so much simpler and more respectable if she’d
just show the encourage to say what’s really on her mind?

Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 123628122

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:41 am

I think lydian is a he btw haha

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:28 pm

@SR... Applause Applause

Absolutely fantastic comments. Only OTF has sanity left, everyone else must be an idiot, senile, clueless spectator.

Such condescension and arrogance is the height of narcissism. Keep going.

Just ask LKv2, when he posts on v2 vs when he posts on OTF, he must go through a Kafkesque Metamorphosis and switch between idiocy and intelligence.

@LK, care to share your secret? Run

PS: ... or should I ask LS!?

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:42 pm

My grandpa recently told me a quote by William Cowper that goes something like this:

"Variety is the spice of life, that gives it all its flavour"

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:43 pm

luvsports! wrote:I think lydian is a he btw haha

I have my reasons for thinking lydian is a she. Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 123628122

Oh, incidentally LS, mind my asking are you a boy or a girl? Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 364988687

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:49 pm

luvsports! wrote:My grandpa recently told me a quote by William Cowper that goes something like this:

"Variety is the spice of life, that gives it all its flavour"

Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 1101037640

Don't mind LF. She's just capitalizing on the freedom to speak her mind here in ways she can't in v2.

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:06 pm

laverfan wrote:
Just ask LKv2, when he posts on v2 vs when he posts on OTF, he must go through a Kafkesque Metamorphosis and switch between idiocy and intelligence.

@LK, care to share your secret? Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 2211252749

PS: ... or should I ask LS!?

LF, not nice of you to betray a friend and brag about it. Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 563610107

Like LK, you must be in your idiocy mode here so I don't give a damn what you think. Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 2033450363

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:38 pm

Im a big strong manly guy Laugh

No but I am a guy but I am not big (weigh 10 and a half stone but got the 6 pack now!!!), am 6 foot, and you can be the judge on the manly bit. Winking

So to sum up I am a guy just not that strong or big.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:26 pm

that's ok, just nice will do. Is elite tennis now just a case of last man standing?  - Page 2 1071211947

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2