Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
doping - The doping program joke of the ITF!!! EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 8:25 am by Daniel2

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
doping - The doping program joke of the ITF!!! EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
doping - The doping program joke of the ITF!!! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
doping - The doping program joke of the ITF!!! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
doping - The doping program joke of the ITF!!! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
doping - The doping program joke of the ITF!!! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
doping - The doping program joke of the ITF!!! EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
doping - The doping program joke of the ITF!!! EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
doping - The doping program joke of the ITF!!! EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The doping program joke of the ITF!!!

+22
Jahu
gallery play
AceofDeath
sphairistike
Polly 81
Tenez
Autumnleaf
truffin1
bluenose
Daniel
SayonaRa
N2D2L
Gable70
Larry Ellison
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
laverfan
legendkillar
paulcz
BlueClay
Veejay
noleisthebest
luvsports!
26 posters

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

Go down

doping - The doping program joke of the ITF!!! Empty The doping program joke of the ITF!!!

Post by luvsports! Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:01 pm

did you listen to the interview?
talks about kenyan athletes doping

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

doping - The doping program joke of the ITF!!! Empty Re: The doping program joke of the ITF!!!

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:31 pm

I just heard the interview. Not surprised.
Then again, everyone knows track athletes dope and have been doping for years, it's been proven in the LA Olympics , the results are all there, nobody wants to know, nobody's got the guts to do anything Everyone's scared for their little job.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

doping - The doping program joke of the ITF!!! Empty Re: The doping program joke of the ITF!!!

Post by luvsports! Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:40 pm

which is why I think cycling gets mistreated at times, at least it is making some sort of effort to rid the sport of dopers.
It is a losing struggle but at least they are attempting to do good, despite Mcqbruggen trying their best to keep corruption running rife in the sport.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:46 pm

I doubt they will list players/athletes that are still actve in sport.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:42 pm

legendkillar wrote:Having read that before Vee and I think ROTLA did something similar, I think when drawing comparisons with other sports I often find that we can lose sight of just how tennis governs itself compared with other sports. E.g yes Lance Armstrong was eventually caught and convicted of being cheat doesn't necessarily mean that even though many had suspicions at the time, that they apply as fact in the case of Nadal. Also Korda was still playing whilst testing positive. That for me made a joke of the ATP and ITF.

I think if anything the upcoming Fuentes case should tell us more of how rife is might be in tennis Winking

All I have to say about that is-how often do rumours like these turn out to be true..from my memory it turns out to be true every single time
With regards to Nadal,I guess time will only tell

I doubt the Fuentes case will expose the full extent of the problem in tennis as the majority of athletes who will be linked to the case will mostly be Spanish.But if any tennis player is named,I hope that that will be enough to trigger off a scandal which ends up cleaning the sport up

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:56 pm

all sports need this cleansing, cathartic period but I don't think it will happen, not for a long time yet Sad

I do really hope this blows things wide open, but i can't see it Wah

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:00 pm

LS, do you think cycling is clean now?
Is Team SKY clean?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:51 pm

cycling is not clean by a long shot, nor is any other sport for that matter.

I am seeing too many similarities with Lance's US postal team, to make me think they are clean.
Too many things keep popping up to lead me to believe otherwise (leinders, sacking the team, zero tolerance doping policy etc).

So in answer to the second question I sadly feel that sky are not clean, or not completely clean.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:57 pm

Do we really know whether the Puerto/Fuentes case will be exposed to teh public? I really doubt actually.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:08 am

He,he couldn't help myself posting the 1000th comment on this thread doping - The doping program joke of the ITF!!! 83870220

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:16 am

nitb do you think tennis is cleaner than cycling?

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:32 pm

luvsports! wrote:nitb do you think tennis is cleaner than cycling?

I was going to say I don't...but on second thought I believe the top tennis players are probably more obvious dopers whereas down the ranking it might be cleaner in tennis....and I mean a certain type of players like Llodra Stakhovsky and other Haase.....I don't think there are clean racers in cycling.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:39 pm

I can't say for tennis as I don't know enough about it.
But I think it is wrong to say there are no clean racers.
They are in the minority i think but deffo there

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:44 pm

luvsports! wrote:nitb do you think tennis is cleaner than cycling?

I'm not the best person to ask as I know nothing about doping from personal experience, so I can only try and make a comment based on my experience of playing various sports and even that is not adequate as I don't think I've ever been as fit at 25 to be able to judge what a body is capable of.
So, I am reluctant to judge because of that.
From plain logic, all top players are either outlandishly fit or on something. It worries me when I don't see a player puffed up and struggling for air after a long rally.
Cycling, I think it's impossible to compete without something at this level. It's been in it for so long, and the times have not dropped since the "proved" doping era (I am guessing this, so correct me if I'm wrong).
It's really sad they have to do it, because it takes the fun out for us "mortals" trying to catch up with them doping - The doping program joke of the ITF!!! 1071211947

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:51 pm

Also, in my spinning classes, the instructor who is a cycling fanatic, tells us what power output the pros get in their training, eg. Laura Trott powers 1100 watts on the clock.
To me that's insane as I can manage about 450 and could probably kill myself to go 500.
So what is it that makes her produce double output, I don't know.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:53 pm

cycling is the toughest event there is imo e.g. tdf

Actually there has been a drop in speed for a few years in terms of the average speed of the peloton, look it up if ya don't believe me.

I agree completely. It rips the heart and soul out of the sport but the moment you become a fan the wool is pulled over your eyes.
It's like ive been freed from the matrix into the real world!

Cycling is improving according to most experts who are fighting doping and i mean genuinely fighting doping (not how the uci are "fighting" it) like ashenden, kimmage, walsh, fuller, ccn etc.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:55 pm

I can't answer that bud, the fan in me would like to see dedication and sacrifice, blood, sweat and tears etc but the realist in me doesn't know.

I heard chris hoy can produce over 2000 watts for over 30 seconds :O

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:56 pm

luvsports! wrote:I can't say for tennis as I don't know enough about it.
But I think it is wrong to say there are no clean racers.
They are in the minority i think but deffo there

Even in teh TDF? Probably the first ones to give up then?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:01 pm

probably and the ones who are near the back of the field and come in a long way behind the leaders.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:19 pm

It would be good to find out what long-term health risks are with all that dope . It simply can't be good for the body to have that done to it.
There have been a few deaths across all sports: athletics, football (I think there's tons of dopers there), cycling, just from memory.

I assume the problem is there is so much different stuff coming out all the time and the funding/will to keep up with them is inadequate.

We need Batman and Robin to step in doping - The doping program joke of the ITF!!! 4006036031

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:31 pm

people have died from too much EPO (just one of a plethora of examples) which is why they put a EPO cap if you will to stop cyclists dying in their sleep.

Its quite easy to find the negative l-t effects, but most athletes almost see it as irrelevant when there are mega bucks to win

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:17 am

"
Veejay"]All I have to say about that is-how often do rumours like these turn out to be true..from my memory it turns out to be true every single time

I agree when we have heard persistent rumors over the years like the Nadal rumors about other pro athletes, they have turned out to be true in the end. Where there is a lot of smoke there is usually fire, that is not just a cliche.

With regards to Nadal,I guess time will only tell

I doubt the Fuentes case will expose the full extent of the problem in tennis as the majority of athletes who will be linked to the case will mostly be Spanish.But if any tennis player is named,I hope that that will be enough to trigger off a scandal which ends up cleaning the sport up

Sadly I don't think tennis or any other pro sport will ever be cleaned up. There will always be a greater incentive to make money for all involved in the sport, from players to governing bodies to sponsors etc. The system is set up so that star pro athletes can dope until kingdom come without any real serious implications.

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:21 pm

Cycling On Its Way Out of The Olympics?

"It was reported on Tuesday night that International Olympic Committee member Dick Pound has raised the prospect of imposing punitive measures against cycling, proposing it could be dropped from the Olympics for a period to provide the UCI with impetus to clean up the sport.
The news comes after the World Anti-Doping Agency told Lance Armstrong to inform the authorities of the details of his sordid past after Oprah Winfrey revealed the disgraced cyclist admitted to doping during an interview.
Armstrong was stripped of his seven Tour de France titles by the International Cycling Union last year and banned for life after the United States Anti-Doping Agency found he had been at the heart of "the most sophisticated, professionalised and successful doping programme that sport has ever seen".
Such a decision would be a dramatic step, and would require strong support from the IOC, which has over 100 members.Pound, the former head of the World Anti-Doping Agency, could not be reached for comment.
The reigning Olympic time-trial champion Sir Bradley Wiggins is keen to seethe Armstrong saga and the doping culture which involved other riders consigned to cycling's past.
Wiggins told Sky News: "It'll be a great day for a lot of people and quite a sad day for the sport in some ways but I think it has been a sad couple of months for the sport, in that sense, because the nineties are pretty much a write-off now."
He added of Armstrong: "You wouldn't have thought he could keep playing this denial game for too long. He'll be advised of what he can and can'tsay, which will help or hinder the lawsuits that are going to follow behind if he does admit."

I say this is all fine, but what hypocrisy leaving athletics, gymnastics, swimming & all the rest in doping - The doping program joke of the ITF!!! 1564925666

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:19 am

What is quite funny is that no-one is claiming those titles given up by LA. I woudl be clean and come second, or 3rd even, I would be furious to have lost so much money and glory...but no-one obviosuly comes forward here to claim what shoudl be their due.

Quite hilarious as clearly they all feel guilty. Maybe number 134 was the best clean racer.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:21 am

aka christophe bassons smiley

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:27 am

yep....could be him. Winking

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:31 am

The guy driving the car videoing the pack is probably the only one clean to have finished the race ...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:43 am

one guy driving the car was carrying hundreds of grams of capsules, steroids, epo, syringes, blood bags and others doping products (festina affair).
so maybe he isn't even clean! Winking

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:57 pm

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:05 pm

noleisthebest wrote:4 Chinese swimmers banned for doping.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19980114&slug=2728528
This is a bit old news...don't you think? Winking Pete was in his prime and Djoko was about 10yo!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:25 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:4 Chinese swimmers banned for doping.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19980114&slug=2728528
This is a bit old news...don't you think? Winking Pete was in his prime and Djoko was about 10yo!

Blush Wrong link

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:54 pm

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:53 pm

Going through my corp and personal taxes....It's hell. I have to handed it in to the accountant by ...4 weeks ago!!!! Late and confused!!!! Grr

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:55 pm

Tenez wrote:Going through my corp and personal taxes....It's hell. I have to handed it in to the accountant by ...4 weeks ago!!!! Late and confused!!!! doping - The doping program joke of the ITF!!! 49141995
sorry to hear that T. Maybe time to change the accountant. They can be really lazy. Make sure you chase them up for any late fees payment you'll probably have to pay doping - The doping program joke of the ITF!!! 1198964535

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:32 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:Going through my corp and personal taxes....It's hell. I have to handed it in to the accountant by ...4 weeks ago!!!! Late and confused!!!! doping - The doping program joke of the ITF!!! 49141995
sorry to hear that T. Maybe time to change the accountant. They can be really lazy. Make sure you chase them up for any late fees payment you'll probably have to pay doping - The doping program joke of the ITF!!! 1198964535

Unfortunately...I am the lazy one! Wah

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:15 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Unfortunately...I am the lazy one! doping - The doping program joke of the ITF!!! 3391208243

nobody likes those awful forms....I used to go to my local Inland Revenue office and let them fill those out for me, they are actually paid to do it, but very few know it doping - The doping program joke of the ITF!!! 1071211947

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:53 pm

Has the Peurto case started yet?

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:56 pm

Veejay wrote:Has the Peurto case started yet?

From what I know it was supposed to have started yesterday
https://ourtennisforum.forumotion.co.uk/t225-fuentes-trial

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:03 pm

I wonder if the media will be giving it much attention

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:37 pm

Piers Newbery ‏@piersnewbery
Barbora Zahlavova Strýcová tests positive for stimulant sibutramine. ITF does not dispute her account, 6-month back-dated ban ends 15 April.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:38 pm

luvsports! wrote:Piers Newbery ‏@piersnewbery
Barbora Zahlavova Strýcová tests positive for stimulant sibutramine. ITF does not dispute her account, 6-month back-dated ban ends 15 April.

well, well, well!!!
If women are doping, what hope's there left for men doping - The doping program joke of the ITF!!! 563610107

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:47 pm

Does it mean it was a "silent ban"..until now?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:05 pm

what ive always wondered is that maybe sometimes this was accidental/clumsy from a lower ranked player, but a top ranked one would may know more and not be so tactless.

I hate back-dated bans!

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:28 pm

[quote="luvsports!"]Piers Newbery ‏@piersnewbery
Barbora Zahlavova Strýcová tests positive for stimulant sibutramine. ITF does not dispute her account, 6-month back-dated ban ends 15 April.[/quote
That is right, there was a lot rumors about the silent ban, so ITF made it clear. The same should do ATP, what are they waiting for?
Her father has been arrested due to drug trading, so that she picked up the baton from her father.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:00 pm

Tenez wrote:
Does it mean it was a "silent ban"..until now?

Yes, what took them so long to announce it if she was banned in October, four months ago?

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:59 pm

I am sure that they annouced it now cause her excuses were not good enough to completely keep it secret. If it's a much bigger profile with lots of money at stake, their excuses might then be a bit more credible and the secret might simply be kept.....a la Agassi.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:22 am

Tenez wrote:I am sure that they annouced it now cause her excuses were not good enough to completely keep it secret. If it's a much bigger profile with lots of money at stake, their excuses might then be a bit more credible and the secret might simply be kept.....a la Agassi.

Yes,I think the only reason they announced it was because there were supposedly leaks about this story. Some European newspaper had published that she had failed a drug test. The WTA/ITF probably figured they could sacrifice a player of her status (or lack of status) and have everybody believe that they are doing the best job possible with their anti-doping program. I doubt however if there were no leaks that this would have been announced. The fact that it is now four months after her failed test indicates that they probably had no intention of announcing it and she would have just been off of the tour for six months claiming some bogus injury. I don't know much about this specific case but has she actually claimed injury as the reason she has not played for the past four months? This case adds more fuel to the fire that the doping program in tennis is a joke. Announcing her failed test and subsequent ban four months after the fact? doping - The doping program joke of the ITF!!! 3391208243

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:40 am

Hi BC - I have read your 14 posts so far and you make excellent points. How did you find out about our small dissident forum? You must have been a 606 follower at some stage....isn't it?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueClay Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:47 am

Tenez wrote:Hi BC - I have read your 14 posts so far and you make excellent points. How did you find out about our small dissident forum? You must have been a 606 follower at some stage....isn't it?

Thanks Tenez.

I can't recall exactly how I was directed to this site. I was doing a search about something related to Nadal's "curious" injury story since his Wimbledon loss(who can keep the facts of that story straight? doping - The doping program joke of the ITF!!! 2786941968) and i don't recall if that search directed me to 606 which mentioned this forum or if it brought me directly to this forum.

BlueClay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:13 am

That's interesting.

Do you know this blog? Excellent source of information about doping in tennis.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next