Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
tennis - British Personality of the year....Who woudl you vote for as a tennis fan?  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
tennis - British Personality of the year....Who woudl you vote for as a tennis fan?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
tennis - British Personality of the year....Who woudl you vote for as a tennis fan?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
tennis - British Personality of the year....Who woudl you vote for as a tennis fan?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
tennis - British Personality of the year....Who woudl you vote for as a tennis fan?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
tennis - British Personality of the year....Who woudl you vote for as a tennis fan?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
tennis - British Personality of the year....Who woudl you vote for as a tennis fan?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
tennis - British Personality of the year....Who woudl you vote for as a tennis fan?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
tennis - British Personality of the year....Who woudl you vote for as a tennis fan?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

British Personality of the year....Who woudl you vote for as a tennis fan?

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

tennis - British Personality of the year....Who woudl you vote for as a tennis fan?  - Page 2 Empty Re: British Personality of the year....Who woudl you vote for as a tennis fan?

Post by noleisthebest Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:47 pm

Tenez wrote:You are very generous to project 3/4 years of prime tennis for Murray....(and Djoko) but I doubt he/they will be top 4 after 2013.

Happy to take the bets now.
You're on!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

tennis - British Personality of the year....Who woudl you vote for as a tennis fan?  - Page 2 Empty Re: British Personality of the year....Who woudl you vote for as a tennis fan?

Post by Tenez Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:03 pm

Stay tuned! AO 2013 might already give you a bit of a glimpse of what's on teh tennis world.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:06 pm

Tenez wrote:Stay tuned! AO 2013 might already give you a bit of a glimpse of what's on teh tennis world.

You obviously know something I don't.
Still, there's nothing I like more than a good challenge, so, what's the stake?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:29 pm

Just a feeling based on what I see from Murray and Djoko...and what I see from the rest and upcoming players.

What's at stake? Glory or Mockery...take your side.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:47 pm

Well, it has been a lovely night of remembering the sports 2012 in Britain, with the Olympics at the heart of it.
Weather-wise, the summer was miserable for us who had to stay here and the Olympics did brighten up daily life.
People were happier, more relaxed and for once, the news couldn't brainwash anyone as we were all first-hand witnesses of the infectuous good spirits among everyone.
I was lucky to be able to be a part of it and see the Olympic tennis final in Centre Court, women's doubles, men's singles and mixed doubles, but also see a few more matches in Wimbledon, WTF and even RAH, so for me this has been a memorable sports 2012.

Watching this ceremony, the highlight was Seb Coe receiving his lifetime award.
What a wonderful life and career in sport, and a character that shone through all phases of it.
Some say that sport builds the character, but I agree more with those that say it actually just reveals it a bit better.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:50 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Just watching SPOTY at the moment, and saw Murray appear "live" from Miami.
Obviously couldn't be bothered to turn up, and that's understandable. I think he's given up on winning any popularity contests in UK.
It hasn't escaped me that this is actually a sports PERSONALITY of the year ceremony, and Murray just falls short in the little department of charm.
The thing that stands out about him to me is that he finds it so, so hard to smile. Even once. Life must be really tough for him...
When Wiggo came on the stage and stole the show from Sue Barker, you could see why Murray is so unloved here.

He is a strange sort, I suppose he is good for inspiring tennis juniors, but he knows he's on his own and does the bare minimum to fulfill his PR duties. Fair enough.

He's still got a good 3-4 years of prime ahead of him and it will be interesting to follow his career especially from the "personality" point of view.
I am not holding my breath much will change however many trophies he may win. He may end up being a Scot and not a Brit if Scotland separates in the meantime. That would be interesting tennis - British Personality of the year....Who woudl you vote for as a tennis fan?  - Page 2 1071211947

Murray couldnt even be bothered to fly out for the award? Well then he doesn't deserve it,it should rather go to someone who really wants it
And I agree he has no personality,he is so moody and miserable,wouldn't it have been great if his brother Jamie was the tennis start rather then him,Jammie is so much more likeable

So who won it then?

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2