Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Match Of The Year EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Match Of The Year EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Match Of The Year EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Match Of The Year EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Match Of The Year EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Match Of The Year EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Match Of The Year EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Match Of The Year EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Match Of The Year EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Match Of The Year

+4
Autumnleaf
gallery play
Tenez
noleisthebest
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Match Of The Year Empty Match Of The Year

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:54 pm

this is what Nole thinks about it:

“Imao sam nekoliko mečeva u kojima sam bio blizu da ga pobedim, pogotovo onaj iz 2013. u kojem smo igrali pet setova. To mi uliva nadu da mogu da pobedim. Samopouzdanje koje imam posle velikog broja pobeda sigurno će mi pomoći, pokušaču psihički da budem čvrst, da držim visok intenzitet i da imam pozitivan, pravilan pristup meču u svakom pogledu. Dug je meč, na tri dobijena seta, Nadal na šljaci – svestan sam da moram da igram na vrhuncu kako bih ga pobedio, ali znam šta treba da radim“.

" I had a few matches in which I was close to beating him, especially the one from 2013 when we played 5 sets. That gives me the hope I can win.
Confidence I have from many recent wins will definitely help me, I will try to be physically firm, to keep high intensity and to have a positive, right approach in every way. The match is long, best of five, Nadal on clay - I am aware I have to play my best tennis in order to beat bim, vut I know what I need to do"

GO NOLE!!!!!!

Match Of The Year Article-2652039-1E95511500000578-290_634x625

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Match Of The Year Empty Re: Match Of The Year

Post by Tenez Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:00 am

He knows but can he keep his mind cool and not blow it like he did in 2013?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:32 am

Just got the ticket for Chatrier!
Stuff it! you only live..... Rose

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:39 am

I am so excited now I can't drop of...Laugh

That's how I was when I went there in 2013.
I remember being so tired all day...and looked like death warmed up.....and it rained till 3 pm...

So...browsing through found this comment, I love the passion people put into following tennis.

The "froth" about minutest details, as if it's a matter of life and death!

From DavidNicol:

"Form-wise you have to go with Djokovic. However, for what it's worth, Nadal's astrological transits are very favorable. June 3 is his birthday, meaning the transiting Sun is conjunct his natal Sun, which is always a day to 'shine.' (Perhaps a reason he has always done well at the French, which always coincides with his birthday?) But he also has transiting Mars conjunct his natal Sun that day, which is a very good transit for athletes -- brings energy, aggression, fight. And he has transiting Jupiter exactly conjunct his natal Midheaven -- Midheaven is about vocation/career. That is a transit that suggests success. Federer had it in 2012 when he won Wimbledon and returned to No. 1; Murray had it when he won the Olympics and US Open in 2012. On the downside, Nadal is in the midst of his Saturn return, a huge transit that usually signifies a major life turn, often experienced as a pressure cooker involving many difficult challenges.

On the other hand, Novak has a Uranus conjunct Jupiter transit, which can correlate with lucky breaks/good fortune. And he has transiting Pluto conjunct Ascendant, which can show up as enormous ambition and drive to achieve. All in all, it suggests a mighty battle. Hard in this case to predict a winner on the basis of their transits, but I will say with confidence that neither is going to go meekly into the night. So this is just my amateur astrological analysis to add to the mix. smiley"

a comment from tennis.com
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2015/06/its-on-djokovic-vs-nadal-in-french-open-quarterfinals/55118/#.VWz59GK9KSP

So, how about that!
Nadal's birthday, hey? Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:48 am

For those who who think Nole is over the top, Ana Ivanovic puts  a bit of light on where the madness is coming from:

"We have combustible personalities and we are very emotional,” she said. “But it's good. Obviously every player is different, and it's like everything [else]. You can make it work for you or against you. There were times in my career where people said, 'Okay, you have tobe less enthusiastic, less emotional on court.' But actually, it takes more energy for me to stop that than to just let it out. I do get excited. It's part of my personality, and I love it."

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:56 am

noleisthebest wrote:Just got the ticket for Chatrier!
Stuff it!  you only live..... Rose
Wow....for Weds? So lucky!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:01 am

noleisthebest wrote:
[i]"Form-wise you have to go with Djokovic. However, for what it's worth, Nadal's astrological transits are very favorable. June 3 is his birthday, meaning the transiting Sun is conjunct his natal Sun, which is always a day to 'shine.' (Perhaps a reason he has always done well at the French, which always coincides with his birthday?) But he also has transiting Mars conjunct his natal Sun that day, which is a very good transit for athletes -- brings energy, aggression, fight. And he has transiting Jupiter exactly conjunct his natal Midheaven -- Midheaven is about vocation/career. That is a transit that suggests success. Federer had it in 2012 when he won Wimbledon and returned to No. 1; Murray had it when he won the Olympics and US Open in 2012. On the downside, Nadal is in the midst of his Saturn return, a huge transit that usually signifies a major life turn, often experienced as a pressure cooker involving many difficult challenges.
That's it! Djoko is doomed! Sad

Winking

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:16 am

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Just got the ticket for Chatrier!
Stuff it!  you only live..... Rose
Wow....for Weds? So lucky!
Yes...something just clicked in my brain Big Grin
Price was not that bad at all.

I think it would've killed me if I was sat in Langlen and he was playing on Chatrier...made that mistake once when I had the ticket for men's olympic final...watched Murray beat Fed on CC.
I am sure I would have no trouble swapping that ticket with someone in C1 for that day where Nole was playing Delpo.

I was hoping I was at least going to see him at the medals ceremony but he lost, so that day has bitter sweet memories. brokenheart

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:32 am

Well done nitb. That's the way to do it.
I went a few weeks ago to concert in Miami. A 8000 km trip for 90 min. of music and it was all worth it!

BTW: Nole is ready this time.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:47 am

gallery play wrote:Well done nitb. That's the way to do it.
I went a few weeks ago to concert in Miami. A 8000 km trip for 90 min. of music and it was all worth it!

Cool!
All those experiences become part of us and live in us even when they are long in the past.
It's amazing what desire can make you do - travel all those thousands of miles like that with such joy and ease, yet struggle to force yourself to your local shop 10 minutes away to by bread and milk.

Life is sure crazy!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:50 am

Here is what Nadal said:

“He’s by far the best player in the world,” Nadal said of Djokovic. “He’s brimming with confidence; he has exceptional form. He’s won almost all the matches since the start of the year. He has only two defeats. I love Roland Garros. I love the tournament. I love the courts. I will pull out all the stops to win the match. I feel competitive. I will fight to the bitter end. I don’t know if it will be enough. I don’t read a crystal ball. So if I play well, and if my opponent plays better than me, I will shake hands and congratulate and then I will move on.”

I like this statement, for once he is honest!
Fasten your seatbelts! Match Of The Year 2231271509

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:09 am

What? Yikes
What concert?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:46 am

Tenez wrote:

What? Yikes
What concert?
euh, i know you are not into music so nevermind Big Grin
It was for the rather obscure band 'neutral milk hotel'. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD6_QXwKesU)

You remember Petalp (aka NorthernLight)? He would have understood, he was a huge musicfan too

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:48 am

noleisthebest wrote:

Cool!
All those experiences become part of us and live in us even when they are long in the past.
It's amazing what desire can make you do - travel all those thousands of miles like that with such joy and ease, yet struggle to force yourself to your local shop 10 minutes away to by bread and milk.

Life is sure crazy!

That's very well said.
BTW: i went with my 14 y/o daughter, we both will never forget it

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:52 am

Oh yeah....Petalp! No had completely forgotten about him. Such a good memory!!!!!

Nice music though.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:01 am

Tenez wrote:Oh yeah....Petalp! No had completely forgotten about him. Such a good memory!!!!!

Nice music though.

Nice fellow he was, but sold his soul to the devil when he became moderator Winking

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumnleaf Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:02 pm

gallery play wrote:It was for the rather obscure band 'neutral milk hotel'. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD6_QXwKesU)

Nice music, I like, thanks, didn't hear of them before. But flying so many thousands of miles for a 90 minutes concert? :o Are there no great bands closer to where you live?

Autumnleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:19 pm

Autumnleaf wrote:
gallery play wrote:It was for the rather obscure band 'neutral milk hotel'. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD6_QXwKesU)

Nice music, I like, thanks, didn't hear of them before. But flying so many thousands of miles for a 90 minutes concert? :o Are there no great bands closer to where you live?
I'm from Amsterdam and have plenty of choice. But this band announced this to be their last tour. I felt i had to make a move, and so did my daughter (she's always checking my Spotify playlists and basically likes everything i like Big Grin ).
We actually stayed in Miami for 5 days and made the most out of it, so i'm not that nuts Winking

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:39 pm

Not nuts certainly. A very good father. My daughter wants me to take her to NY...but I don't want! Devil ..So my wife will probably go instead.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:27 pm

Yes both good fathers, but be careful not to spoil your girls...you are making it a hard act to follow for the their future Prince!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:21 pm

Tenez wrote:Not nuts certainly. A very good father. My daughter wants me to take her to NY...but I don't want! Devil ..So my wife will probably go instead.
Serious? I wouldn't hestitate a second. In fact, to make up with my son i promised to take him to NY, we're only looking for a good explanation to my wife though . Tell her we're huge Yankees fan i guess Winking

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Aut0Gr4ph Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:32 pm

gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:

What? Yikes
What concert?
It was for the rather obscure band 'neutral milk hotel'. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD6_QXwKesU)

You remember Petalp (aka NorthernLight)? He would have understood, he was a huge musicfan too
Where abouts do you live GP? I saw them at the Green Man festival in Wales last year. Might have been an easier journey for you (although you have to pay a toll to cross the Severn bridge!). Just saying.....

Aut0Gr4ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Aut0Gr4ph Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:36 pm

Aut0Gr4ph wrote:
gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:

What? Yikes
What concert?

Where abouts do you live GP? I saw them at the Green Man festival in Wales last year. Might have been an easier journey for you (although you have to pay a toll to cross the Severn bridge!). Just saying.....
Sorry, should have scrolled down. Just seen you're based in Amsterdam. Still cheaper to get to Wales, I bet, and, by flying in, you'd have avoided that pesky Severn bridge toll.....

Aut0Gr4ph

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:44 pm

Last year NMH played in Amsterdam. The day i came back from vacation and i completely missed it..

To see 'm in Miami (of all places) was a big bonus to me. This was a case of: the journey was as good as the destination.
Funny you mentionened it: i paid a lot of toll for the bridge from Miami beach to downtown Miami Doh. But like i said, the whole thing was priceless.

How was their gig in Wales?

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:39 pm

Bonjour from Paris! smiley

Beautiful day here, no wind, sunny but a few clouds, too, not humid, no too warm - perfect for tennis!

Munching on a baguette in the hotel room, no rush to go and watch Serena-Errani....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:46 pm

Perfect perfect perfect....one thing missing though....the winner so far!

Enjoy!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:48 pm

It's now or never! diva

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:58 pm

noleisthebest wrote:It's now or never! diva
I certainly agree with that.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:01 pm

Off to Chatrier!
Ans since no wifi there....

IDEMO NOLE MAJSTIREEEE!!! Match Of The Year 3755116760

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:20 pm

Sat here at Place Mousqutaires, outside Chatrier...gorgeous evening...soaking up the moment...
What a day!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:50 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Sat here at Place Mousqutaires, outside Chatrier...gorgeous evening...soaking up the moment...
What a day!
A day you'll never forget Cheers

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:14 pm

Absolutely!!!! Big Grin

Funnily, I just feel flat and tired now...but happy...
too much emotion, excitement, so many impressions.

I left RG at 9 when they were locking it up, it was just lovely to be there in the evening sun, back in the Continent where my heart belongs.

I spoke to so many people, including Nouni!!!

I asked him why he didn't allow Fed to replay that point yesterday and he said he didn't think Fed was affected by the out call...rubbush!
I asked him about Bernardes, but he was tight-lipped...until I said Je Suis Bernardes.
That brought a big smile!

Btw, did anyone hear me yelling out "Viva Bernardes" after Nadal got time violation?

The match itself was OK, I knew Nole was going to win after thr first set, but still could not relax until the very last point...and how poignant that was a DF, same as Nole on the MP last year!!!

Did you all see that super giga mega moonball Nadal hit in the last game!

It was almost like his soul left him in that ball, I saw it the close-up in the screen, he looked like he was going to cry.

More than elated, right now I am relieved that Nole won.

HE ACTUALLY DID IT!!!!!

Finally, that clip from 2006 came true.
It was their first match and also a QF.

Tennis wise, I think Nole is relatively fresh.
It was quite warm, and I my head is a bit sore from sitting in the sun...

After Nole's match I went to Langlen since I still had that ticket...

(I actually offered it at the price I bought it before the match to a guy wearing kilt, but he declined...that's Scots for you Winking )

That was my forst time on Langlen which is a really nice court, but so much smaller than Chatrier, I can see why Nadal doesn nit like it, with sides sloping around, it probably feels quite claustophobic to him.

But, that does not matter any more, The King of Clay is dead!

And Nole has done it.

In straight sets love Bubbly

I got to Murray-Ferrer at 3:3 in the third...it was a totally different match.
Very boring.

I have no idea how Murray managed to lose to Ferrer 4 times on clay before...Ferrer did not stand a chance!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:54 pm

Nitb, your reporting from Nole's match is so amazing as Nole's great performance. The perfect day is today even though my new office laptop broke up this morning. But now Chardoney tastes fantastically Bubbly

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:04 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

HE ACTUALLY DID IT!!!!!
!
Yep! Well done. In 3! No buts no IFs this time.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:50 pm

Yes, he did it and in a very special way.

This match healed many wounds and closed the door on Nole's biggest fear.

Firstly he beat him in the QF, 9 years after their first match also in RG and in STRAIGHT SETS!!!
He totally destroyed Nadal.

In the match, for the first time on that court against Nadal, he had luck - two net cords.
After the first one which was quite important, he looked to the sky and kissed his little pendant cross he wears.

In this match Nadal missed an overhead!!!!
And Nole hit his ones well.

It was Nadal who gave up the fight in the third set. Like Nole used to.

Finally, Nadal doublefaulted on the match point same as Nole did last year.

Nole beat Nadal on Phillipe Chatrier in straight sets. I am repeating this, but it will take time for it to sink.

It doesn't get better than that!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:55 pm

Oh, and by the way...happy birthday, Rafa! Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:43 am

paulcz wrote:Nitb, your reporting from Nole's match is so amazing as Nole's great performance. The perfect day is today even though my new office laptop broke up this morning. But now Chardoney tastes fantastically Bubbly

Thanks Paul.

I was too tired to celebrate last night, but will def open a bottle of champers when I get back home tonight! Bubbly

Hopefully, another one on Sunday Big Grin

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:03 am

noleisthebest wrote:Yes, he did it and in a very special way.

This match healed many wounds and closed the door on Nole's biggest fear.

Firstly he beat him in the QF, 9 years after their first match also in RG and in STRAIGHT SETS!!!
He totally destroyed Nadal.

In the match, for the first time on that court against Nadal, he had luck - two net cords.
After the first one which was quite important, he looked to the sky and kissed his little pendant cross he wears.

In this match Nadal missed an overhead!!!!
And Nole hit his ones well.

It was Nadal who gave up the fight in the third set. Like Nole used to.

Finally, Nadal doublefaulted on the match point same as Nole did last year.

Nole beat Nadal on Phillipe Chatrier in straight sets. I am repeating this, but it will take time for it to sink.

It doesn't get better than that!

You pointed out nice reminiscent points. This match has been firmly written in tennis archive and already become a legend.  These matches make the  tennis history. Magic

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:37 am

Yes but I believe the match of the tournament is actually the semi coming between Djoko and Murray. In retrospect this is more likely to be the Final than Nadal/Djoko....however as good the result was.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:52 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
paulcz wrote:Nitb, your reporting from Nole's match is so amazing as Nole's great performance. The perfect day is today even though my new office laptop broke up this morning. But now Chardoney tastes fantastically Bubbly

Thanks Paul.

I was too tired to celebrate last night, but will def open a bottle of champers when I get back home tonight! Bubbly

Hopefully, another one on Sunday Big Grin

Bubbly  to Nole and Nitb

Nole shows what a brilliant player is and what an unbelievable spirit and mentality he has.  It would be really nice to see him pick up the trophy on Sunday

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:59 pm

Tenez wrote:Yes but I believe the match of the tournament is actually the semi coming between Djoko and Murray. In retrospect this is more likely to be the Final than Nadal/Djoko....however as good the result was.

There can happen many things in two matches so that nothing is sure. But my belief in Nole is quite strong. So, perhaps  conditions will be fair and both guys will stay healthy till the end of their match, that is my only wish.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:10 pm

I still see Djoko as the favourite but I am pretty sure Murray will give Djoko more of a fight.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:56 pm

Just poppin' in to say I'm on my 3rd glass of champagne, one for each set  Bubbly  Bubbly  Bubbly
Pa-pa-pa-pam-paaa-baaaaam  Match Of The Year 3242797351

A-LEEEEEEEEZ!!!!! Match Of The Year 3755116760

PS

someone's got to have fun among all these killjoys here Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:41 am

So, the first "match of the year" was a dissapointment due to poor quality and lack of tension. What will the second "match of the year" bring us?

I expect a copy of the AO final: 2 close sets full of drama followed with 2 (if Andy takes one of the first 2 sets) one-sided boring sets. Andy can keep up with Nole for 2 hours physically. Still better than all other players.

Imo Stan is the one who can cause most tears in the Serbian Wall.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:40 am

To be honest GP, the tournament is finished for me emotionally.
Of course, I hope that's not the case for Nole!

The QF was so big for both players, I am not surprised it was a flop...you know what it's like when you wait for and want something soooooo long, you almost burn out before it happens.
But they did give us an occasion, and I'm glad Nole did it in three sets, just a statement in its own right.

I saw a bit of Murray against Ferrer as well (from 3:3 in the third), tennis was pathetic as both just counterpunched to death with no variety.
Murray was impressive physically.
He moved well and looked very fresh, Ferrer stood no chance at all although the crowd cheered for him and managed to lift him into the fourth set.

Ferrer's shots had no zing unlike Murray who was hitting the ball hard all the time.
He served some really big serves, too.
Reminded me a bit of Cilic, but minus the gutsy game.

He will surely be more of a challenge than Nadal for Nole, but with Nadal, it was all to do with past history.
With Murray, Nole does not have that baggage.

I want Nole to win this RG, because he deserved it like noone else left in the draw, though, I'd be happy for others, too of course - in order of Tsonga, super closely followed by Stan, and then Murray but in the long distance Winking

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:48 am

I must say I am torn between Murray and Djoko. I woudl like to see Djoko pass Nadal's slam number. Actually equal it but with a better H2H....Though I think like Nadal, they both don't deserve as many slams. They are the most consistent players ever because of their fitness and certainly not down to the quality of their shots. Same applies to Murray. Without those added muscles Chardy woudl be better....that says a lot!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:03 am

noleisthebest wrote:To be honest GP, the tournament is finished for me emotionally.
Of course, I hope that's not the case for Nole!

The QF was so big for both players, I am not surprised it was a flop...you know what it's like when you wait for and want something soooooo long, you almost burn out before it happens.
But they did give us an occasion, and I'm glad Nole did it in three sets, just a statement in its own right.

I saw a bit of Murray against Ferrer as well (from 3:3 in the third), tennis was pathetic as both just counterpunched to death with no variety.
Murray was impressive physically.
He moved well and looked very fresh, Ferrer stood no chance at all although the crowd cheered for him and managed to lift him into the fourth set.

Ferrer's shots had no zing unlike Murray who was hitting the ball hard all the time.
He served some really big serves, too.
Reminded me a bit of Cilic, but minus the gutsy game.

He will surely be more of a challenge than Nadal for Nole, but with Nadal, it was all to do with past history.
With Murray, Nole does not have that baggage.

I want Nole to win this RG, because he deserved it like noone else left in the draw, though, I'd be happy for others, too of course - in order of Tsonga, super closely followed by Stan, and then Murray but in the long distance Winking

Understandable, but i'll talk to you again on Sunday 15:00.. Winking

If Djoko doesn't finish the job, all his work is for nothing. This really should be his RG title

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:45 am

Now that all the emotion and red dust of clay have settled, I have one final question about this RG:

Whose loss was worse:

Nadal's in the QF or Nole's in the final?

Nadal losing his crown (and all that comes with it) or Nole not winning it (again!)?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:54 am

I would say Nadal. Purely because of the nature of it. I could certainly sense he had no belief he could win that match. Djokovic can comfort himself with that final defeat knowing that Stan played some real clutch tennis. I feel it's more likely that Djokovic will win RG than Nadal winning a 10th.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:42 am

Djokovic's of course. Nadal has won it 9 times! He was bound to lose it again....It happened much later that it shoudl have if anything.

However Djokovic has not won it yet!!! he shoudl have taken it to Nadal 3 years ago....yet he fails again this time versus STan.

On the positive side. Stan played great and Djoko should have less regret this time than losing to Nadal 2 years ago because of a stupid net touch after a smash.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum