Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Time to go?
Today at 3:13 pm by AceofDeath

» WTF - London 2018 (and maybe a little bit of 'nextgen')
Today at 3:07 pm by AceofDeath

» Paris Masters 2018
Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:00 am by Daniel

» Why has American and Australian Tennis Declined?
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:30 pm by bogbrush

» Basel and Vienna 2018
Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:24 pm by Jahu

» Wimbleodn adopts final set TBs
Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:43 pm by Emancipator

» ATP 1000 Shanghai Masters.
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:42 pm by Tenez

» Guerrilla, not gorilla, warfare: Fired tennis analyst who nearly died to have his day in court
Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:55 am by bogbrush

» How good is Stefanos Tsitsipas?
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:11 am by Tenez

November 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by luvsports! on Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:59 pm

Infuriating! Djok just getting everything back

luvsports!

Posts : 4569
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Jahu on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:00 pm

this is painful UE after UE

Jahu

Posts : 3012
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Jahu on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:00 pm

LS do something man, you're the intelligent expert hereeee

Jahu

Posts : 3012
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by luvsports! on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:01 pm

Df by a metre...

luvsports!

Posts : 4569
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by luvsports! on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:01 pm

Too good from Novak. Sad

luvsports!

Posts : 4569
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Jahu on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:01 pm

from 40:0 broken, do the USO and WTF and quit tennis.

Thanks for the show smiley

Jahu

Posts : 3012
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by luvsports! on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:02 pm

BUT FROM 40-0 UP

luvsports!

Posts : 4569
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by luvsports! on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:03 pm

Baseline points won so far.
Djokovic 34
Federer 17

luvsports!

Posts : 4569
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Daniel on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:04 pm

Federer gifting the match to Djok.  Djok isn't even playing that well.... but Federer 1st serve in - as usual, dropping to way below normal due to fear of opponent (fear he is manufacturing himself) - unforced errors... wow.  At least 4 - maybe 5 from 40-0 up.  Managed to blow the game.

Worst match he's played all year and it's because he gets nervy v certain players.  Serve and fluid action have deserted him.

Daniel

Posts : 3641
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by bogbrush on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:04 pm

He was really poor in the semi you know.

bogbrush

Posts : 2449
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Daniel on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:04 pm

luvsports! wrote:Too good from Novak. Sad

It's not too good.  Fed is playing shite.

Daniel

Posts : 3641
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Daniel on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:05 pm

bogbrush wrote:He was really poor in the semi you know.


Not this poor..  Didn't make 4 or 5 unforced errors to lose from 40-0 up that I remember.

Daniel

Posts : 3641
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Jahu on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:05 pm

Worst performance of Fed for last 3 years. Djoko ain't doing shit, just hiting the ball back.

Jahu

Posts : 3012
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Jahu on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:06 pm

get us a TB you swiss git

Jahu

Posts : 3012
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Jahu on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:07 pm

13/23 net points, even DJoko does it better at the net at 1/1

Jahu

Posts : 3012
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by luvsports! on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:07 pm

Poor showing. Going out with a whimper.

luvsports!

Posts : 4569
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Jahu on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:08 pm

another DF

Jahu

Posts : 3012
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Jahu on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:09 pm

break now in the name of Rolex!!!

Jahu

Posts : 3012
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Jahu on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:11 pm

no slices, no drop shots, no BH winners, he should of not come to play today.

Jahu

Posts : 3012
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Daniel on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:12 pm

I wonder if Nadal was playing this poor would the commentators have already been talking about injuries...

Hmmm... strangely all that talk is absent when Fed plays worst match of the year (not that I think he's injured.  I just think he has a mental block v Djok).

Daniel

Posts : 3641
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by luvsports! on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:12 pm

Just a bad day at the office.

luvsports!

Posts : 4569
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Jahu on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:13 pm

so a mental block against djoko now? i thought that was reserved for Nadal, or I guess last 2 years it has reserved when he didn;t even play Djoko last 2 y.

Jahu

Posts : 3012
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by luvsports! on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:14 pm

Best shot he;s hit all day.

luvsports!

Posts : 4569
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Jahu on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:15 pm

bye byeee

Jahu

Posts : 3012
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Jahu on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:15 pm

ye neo BH just before he lost. crap

Jahu

Posts : 3012
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Daniel on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:16 pm

Also, for all the talk of shot clock.... the time they've made it is actually too much.  Djok still was wasting bags of time.

Daniel

Posts : 3641
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Jahu on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:17 pm

No NIKE, no W, no Cinci, no USO...

Jahu

Posts : 3012
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by luvsports! on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:17 pm

Djoko now has won every single masters tournie.

Fedal haven't done that, nor have they held all 4 slams at once. 

Feds deserved to lose today.

luvsports!

Posts : 4569
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Jahu on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:18 pm

So all we can hope is Basel and WTF this year....if!!!

Jahu

Posts : 3012
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Jahu on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:20 pm

So DJoko barely makes it to Final most 3 setter matches, loads of broken serves and finds Fed totally asleep in the Final.

Jahu

Posts : 3012
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Jahu on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:22 pm

Where is BB? asleep I bet, drugged himself to not see this 

Jahu

Posts : 3012
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Jahu on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:26 pm

Listen to Djoko shit, Fed best ever to play the game, says same shit when he beats Nadal, fucking double faced guru prick.

Jahu

Posts : 3012
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Jahu on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:27 pm

Night guys, this was a fuckup of a night  Cheers

Jahu

Posts : 3012
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by bogbrush on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:27 pm

I’m on holiday, that’s why I was able to watch him against Stan and Goffin too. He played really well in the quarter, rubbish against a crocked Goffin and today was more of that.

It’ll take a miracle in NY.

bogbrush

Posts : 2449
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by summerblues on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:34 pm

Not a great match from Roger.  His ground strokes just do not seem to be there.  Whenever he tries to hit them full-on, he either overhits or hits the net.  It seemed like every time he tried to hit through the ball on return, he netted it.

I wish I could say I believe this was a one-off, but from what I have seen of him earlier this week (bits and pieces mostly vs Stan and Goffin), he has been playing like this all week.

If he plays like this, he will do well to reach QF or SF at the USO.

On the plus side, some of Nole's defending was as good as ever.  He still mishits more than he used to, but this was the best I have seen him play this week.  At this level, he might have a chance to stop Rafa at the USO - and we may really need it (with apologies to Jahu).

summerblues

Posts : 3926
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Tenez on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:54 pm

luvsports! wrote:He doesn't seem to be timing the ball at all well. Strange after a week.

Not strange to me. 5 matches in 4 days...is way too much for him...especially against a decent Djoko. But Fed could have lost to anybody today....That's always been Djoko's luck....meeting Fed at the end of tournaments.

Tenez

Posts : 19548
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by bogbrush on Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:04 am

The time is surely almost here that his schedule will be warm ups to Australia, Wimbledon & US, Basel, and if he’s lucky the Y/E.

He may as well treat between Australia and Stuttgart or Halle as his half year close season.

bogbrush

Posts : 2449
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by luvsports! on Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:48 am

Tenez wrote:
luvsports! wrote:He doesn't seem to be timing the ball at all well. Strange after a week.

Not strange to me. 5 matches in 4 days...is way too much for him...especially against a decent Djoko. But Fed could have lost to anybody today....That's always been Djoko's luck....meeting Fed at the end of tournaments.

But he has been timing it badly all week.

luvsports!

Posts : 4569
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Tenez on Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:25 am

37...that's it.

Tenez

Posts : 19548
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:47 am

Fed played extremely poor. Djokovic wasn't great, just avg and he didn't even had to be any better coz Fed was so very poor. 

Fed was playing like he did in 2013-14. No great serving, very poor returning ( Djo was winning ~80% 2nd serve points and a lot of them weren't even returned). Fed's net play was poor, missed some very easy points. 

This extended breaks might be hurting his form and confidence, especially when he doesn't do well in the matches.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:09 am

summerblues wrote:Not a great match from Roger.  His ground strokes just do not seem to be there.  Whenever he tries to hit them full-on, he either overhits or hits the net.  It seemed like every time he tried to hit through the ball on return, he netted it.

I wish I could say I believe this was a one-off, but from what I have seen of him earlier this week (bits and pieces mostly vs Stan and Goffin), he has been playing like this all week.

If he plays like this, he will do well to reach QF or SF at the USO.

On the plus side, some of Nole's defending was as good as ever.  He still mishits more than he used to, but this was the best I have seen him play this week.  At this level, he might have a chance to stop Rafa at the USO - and we may really need it (with apologies to Jahu).

Lack of match practice. Training is a completely different thing.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:10 am

Fed even got himself a 'audible obscenity' warning by the chair umpire. He was so pissed with himself.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/federer-receives-rare-obscenity-warning-234805283.html

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:21 am

What is this ' Career Golden Masters'? A lot of Masters tournament played before have been removed. Some change surfaces.

The last one I remember is is Hamburg being moved to ATP500 from TMS. Madrid changed its surface from IHC to clay. These things impact results.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Jahu on Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:26 pm

Lendl has won first this Gold Masters thingy way back, he did not play Paris which was made into Masters in 90s, so his counts first.

Djoko has played Hamburg when it was a Masters and never won it, so Lendl is still the king.

Jahu

Posts : 3012
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Emancipator on Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:48 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Fed played extremely poor. Djokovic wasn't great, just avg and he didn't even had to be any better coz Fed was so very poor. 

Fed was playing like he did in 2013-14. No great serving, very poor returning ( Djo was winning ~80% 2nd serve points and a lot of them weren't even returned). Fed's net play was poor, missed some very easy points. 

This extended breaks might be hurting his form and confidence, especially when he doesn't do well in the matches.

Agree, fine balance between overplaying and playing enough - deffo not got the formula right this year. 

Doesn't look to me to be moving as well also - I wonder whether his conditioning is just a little off - wouldn't be surprised if he lost some motivation after number 20.

Anyway some fine tuning required, however, if it is down to conditioning, then it's too late to rectify before the USO.

Emancipator

Posts : 732
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:10 pm

Emancipator wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Fed played extremely poor. Djokovic wasn't great, just avg and he didn't even had to be any better coz Fed was so very poor. 

Fed was playing like he did in 2013-14. No great serving, very poor returning ( Djo was winning ~80% 2nd serve points and a lot of them weren't even returned). Fed's net play was poor, missed some very easy points. 

This extended breaks might be hurting his form and confidence, especially when he doesn't do well in the matches.

Agree, fine balance between overplaying and playing enough - deffo not got the formula right this year. 

Doesn't look to me to be moving as well also - I wonder whether his conditioning is just a little off - wouldn't be surprised if he lost some motivation after number 20.

Anyway some fine tuning required, however, if it is down to conditioning, then it's too late to rectify before the USO.

This is how it appears to me. Aus18 win was more than what he would have expected. In an interview last year he had said something like if 2018 is half as successful as 2017 then he would gladly accept it. So far it appears he did too. The moment he won AO18, he appeared fine with whatever result that followed. In Wimble QF in 4th & 5th sets, he didn't look like he wanted to try hard for the win and wanted it to be over. He is taking prolonged breaks and I'm not sure he is training as hard either. 
 
He looks rusty and disinterested and wants to be out of the court soon. It showed in the cincy final. in 2017 apart from the WTF SF against goffin where complacency cost him the match, he was very motivated throughout the year.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:29 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Emancipator wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Fed played extremely poor. Djokovic wasn't great, just avg and he didn't even had to be any better coz Fed was so very poor. 

Fed was playing like he did in 2013-14. No great serving, very poor returning ( Djo was winning ~80% 2nd serve points and a lot of them weren't even returned). Fed's net play was poor, missed some very easy points. 

This extended breaks might be hurting his form and confidence, especially when he doesn't do well in the matches.

Agree, fine balance between overplaying and playing enough - deffo not got the formula right this year. 

Doesn't look to me to be moving as well also - I wonder whether his conditioning is just a little off - wouldn't be surprised if he lost some motivation after number 20.

Anyway some fine tuning required, however, if it is down to conditioning, then it's too late to rectify before the USO.

This is how it appears to me. Aus18 win was more than what he would have expected. In an interview last year he had said something like if 2018 is half as successful as 2017 then he would gladly accept it. So far it appears he did too. The moment he won AO18, he appeared fine with whatever result that followed. In Wimble QF in 4th & 5th sets, he didn't look like he wanted to try hard for the win and wanted it to be over. He is taking prolonged breaks and I'm not sure he is training as hard either. 
 
He looks rusty and disinterested and wants to be out of the court soon. It showed in the cincy final. in 2017 apart from the WTF SF against goffin where complacency cost him the match, he was very motivated throughout the year.

Fed's interview after loss to Millman:

But, look, at some point also I was just happy that the match was over, I guess.

So I wasn't reading his mind wrong. This is how he has been playing the tough moments this year. Just not trying hard enough, and just wants it to be over. Not caring about the outcome.

symptoms of retirement mode.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by bogbrush on Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:42 am

Hmm, I put another slant on it; knackered in heat and humidity, knowing you can't engage in rallies, showing that by doing endless drop shots, net rushing etc. would leave you happy to see it over. I don't see that as defeatist, just recognising that the match wasn't much fun nor was it going anywhere good.

In fact, taking the last set to a tie break shows admirable competitive spirit. Especially given he knew in that condition he would have faced potential humiliation in the quarter.

bogbrush

Posts : 2449
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:08 pm

BB,


Loss against a 13 time GS winner can't be more humiliating than against a no-body Milkman. Would he rather lose in 4th rnd or QF of a slam?


About heat and humidity in this USopen. What happened at wimbledon against Anderson who had never even taken a set off him ( not even any TB sets till then) and then Fed loses from 2-0 sets with no TBs? Serving ahead in final set should be favouring him but no. He crumbles as the match goes longer.

I could see his body language. Just wasn't interested in fighting it hard. Same as before. He may call it heat and humiduty right now, but he isn't just willing to work hard for the win. 

He would have gladly signed for 1-slam in 2018 and when he got it, he isn't hungry enough.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by barrystar on Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:09 pm

bogbrush wrote:Hmm, I put another slant on it; knackered in heat and humidity, knowing you can't engage in rallies, showing that by doing endless drop shots, net rushing etc. would leave you happy to see it over. I don't see that as defeatist, just recognising that the match wasn't much fun nor was it going anywhere good.

In fact, taking the last set to a tie break shows admirable competitive spirit. Especially given he knew in that condition he would have faced potential humiliation in the quarter.

Yes, a sort of 'I expect he'll beat me, and it won't be the end of the world, but he's bloody well going to have to beat me, I'm not handing it to him.'

barrystar

Posts : 570
Join date : 2017-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada/Cincinnati Masters Series

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum