Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Wimbledon - Wimbledon prediction game 4th round - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Wimbledon - Wimbledon prediction game 4th round - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Wimbledon - Wimbledon prediction game 4th round - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Wimbledon - Wimbledon prediction game 4th round - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Wimbledon - Wimbledon prediction game 4th round - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Wimbledon - Wimbledon prediction game 4th round - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Wimbledon - Wimbledon prediction game 4th round - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Wimbledon - Wimbledon prediction game 4th round - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Wimbledon - Wimbledon prediction game 4th round - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Wimbledon prediction game 4th round

+7
gallery play
Slippy
legendkillar
Tenez
naxroy
bogbrush
luvsports!
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wimbledon - Wimbledon prediction game 4th round - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon prediction game 4th round

Post by N2D2L Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:32 pm

On centre right now, Rafa playing well.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon - Wimbledon prediction game 4th round - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon prediction game 4th round

Post by gallery play Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:37 pm

Wow, This game Monfils hit 3 shots  that could go down as shot of the day. And that's on a day Federer played too.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:40 pm

How the hell did Vesely beat Foggy? There's a total lack of length in his shots.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:44 pm

Meanwhile i think Federer would definitly be better off against Monfils

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:45 pm

Anderson is looking like a pretty limited player for someone so highly ranked - at the moment it's the inconsistency of Monfils that is keeping him going.

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:48 pm

barrystar wrote:Anderson is looking like a pretty limited player for someone so highly ranked - at the moment it's the inconsistency of Monfils that is keeping him going.
Anderson's constant pace from both wings can cause problems for Federer.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:52 pm

gallery play wrote:
barrystar wrote:Anderson is looking like a pretty limited player for someone so highly ranked - at the moment it's the inconsistency of Monfils that is keeping him going.

I don't want to be complacent, but provided Fed mixes it up, and in particular hitting slices and drawing Anderson mid-court where his power is a disadvantage, I don't think he's got enough to trouble Fed - their overwhelming H2H suggests as much.

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:54 pm

gallery play wrote:How the hell did Vesely beat Foggy? There's a total lack of length in his shots.

There are players who have a brainfart 

Then there’s Foggy who brainshits

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:58 pm

You wouldn't want a Monfils as a chef in your kitchen. Would be the sort who would either break out every saucepan in the kitchen just to boil an egg or would put a foiled covered dish in the microwave to cook.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:03 pm

barrystar wrote:
gallery play wrote:

I don't want to be complacent, but provided Fed mixes it up, and in particular hitting slices and drawing Anderson mid-court where his power is a disadvantage, I don't think he's got enough to trouble Fed - their overwhelming H2H suggests as much.
Well no one says he'll beat Federer. I just think -based on what i saw today- Monfils would be a easier task. Against Monfils the match might turn into a exhibtion match with showboating by both. Against Anderson it won't be fun but stressful with TB's and all that

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:07 pm

A break for Vesely to go 3-2 on his serve - that will annoy Nadal.  You'd expect an angry Nadal to go into turbo mode to finish this in 3 sets.

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:18 pm

barrystar wrote:A break for Vesely to go 3-2 on his serve - that will annoy Nadal.  You'd expect an angry Nadal to go into turbo mode to finish this in 3 sets.
It did not take long for Rafa to break back. Rafa in Wimbledon QF is making me rather nervous.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:22 pm

summerblues wrote:
barrystar wrote:A break for Vesely to go 3-2 on his serve - that will annoy Nadal.  You'd expect an angry Nadal to go into turbo mode to finish this in 3 sets.
It did not take long for Rafa to break back.  Rafa in Wimbledon QF is making me rather nervous.

You can look at it this way - if they meet in the Final and Federer cannot beat Nadal even us Fed fans must accept that he may not deserve to be thought of as the GOAT or to have the slam record.  Time will tell.

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:22 pm

Hopefully, Vesely can break again, then hold to take the set, and then win the next two sets, and I will not have to worry about Rafa.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:27 pm

barrystar wrote:You can look at it this way - if they meet in the Final and Federer cannot beat Nadal even us Fed fans must accept that he may not deserve to be thought of as the GOAT or to have the slam record.  Time will tell.
smiley

I would be quite happy if Fed beat Simon or Vesely in the final.  No need for the stress over playing Rafa.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:30 pm

summerblues wrote:
barrystar wrote:You can look at it this way - if they meet in the Final and Federer cannot beat Nadal even us Fed fans must accept that he may not deserve to be thought of as the GOAT or to have the slam record.  Time will tell.
smiley

I would be quite happy if Fed beat Simon or Vesely in the final.  No need for the stress over playing Rafa.

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for Fed getting to the final and not having to play Nadal, but personally I'm getting fed up with being so invested in Fed, and in particular the Fedal rivalry given Nadal's 'rise from the dead' characteristics as the younger man.

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:34 pm

What a contrast between these two.
On one hand we have the playfull varied game of Monfils. He's having fun and knows he plays in front of an audience
On the other hand there's the robotic, predictable, dead serious Anderson, making no fun at all

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:39 pm

Fed and Rafa have each only lost 36 games through four rounds.  Rafa has not yet been taken even to 7:5.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:43 pm

summerblues wrote:Fed and Rafa have each only lost 36 games through four rounds.  Rafa has not yet been taken even to 7:5.
Yes, we knew he had a great draw.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:46 pm

Today's scheduling was a whisker away from a catastrophe for Djoko - now Anderson v. Monfils is done Djoko has a chance of finishing his match v. Kachanov.  Apparently Court No. 1 with its new roof gets dark pretty quickly.

If Fed plays properly he looks to have too much for Anderson.

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:47 pm

So it’s giants all the way to the final for Federer now; Anderson then Isner/Raonic.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:47 pm

gallery play wrote:
summerblues wrote:Fed and Rafa have each only lost 36 games through four rounds.  Rafa has not yet been taken even to 7:5.
Let's hope that is all there is to it.  Hopefully Delpo wins today.  He should be able to provide proper challenge.  His BH is becoming somewhat less abysmal, and on grass BH topspin is not as critical anyway.

Still, seeing Rafa's scores round after round is distressing.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:49 pm

bogbrush wrote:So it’s giants all the way to the final for Federer now; Anderson then Isner/Raonic.
That is fine by me.  They do not play grueling attritional tennis, so if Fed beats them, he should be fresh enough for the final.  And if he does not beat them, he would not beat his opponent in the final either anyway.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:51 pm

barrystar wrote:
summerblues wrote:
It did not take long for Rafa to break back.  Rafa in Wimbledon QF is making me rather nervous.

You can look at it this way - if they meet in the Final and Federer cannot beat Nadal even us Fed fans must accept that he may not deserve to be thought of as the GOAT or to have the slam record.  Time will tell.
At almost 37?

Nah, he’s playing with the house money.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:55 pm

barrystar wrote:Today's scheduling was a whisker away from a catastrophe for Djoko - now Anderson v. Monfils is done Djoko has a chance of finishing his match v. Kachanov. 
I was shocked on Saturday that they did not start Nishi vs Kyrgios earlier.  With hardly any rain in week 1, it would have been shame to have them finish their match today and mess up the whole schedule.  Luckily the match was not overly long.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:55 pm

rafa in quarters

something we didnt see since 2011
so he is no favourite for the rest of the matches he faces,

but he is playing well, and he is playing grass tennis I would say (mixing shots, coming to the net quite often, serving nice...)

anyway, the draw was kind to him, and that is over now, most probable delpo next, and if he were to pass, djokovic after that

federer is sure to get to the final but he knows it will be delpo djokovic or nadal the one at the other side of the net on sunday

and that wont be easy, lots of background with all of them

Last edited by naxroy on Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Slippy Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:58 pm

Fed and Rafa have had very similar level opponents to date. Rafa’s from here on are harder (assuming it’s DP and Djokovic).

Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:58 pm

summerblues wrote:
gallery play wrote:
Let's hope that is all there is to it.  Hopefully Delpo wins today.  He should be able to provide proper challenge.  His BH is becoming somewhat less abysmal, and on grass BH topspin is not as critical anyway.

Still, seeing Rafa's scores round after round is distressing.
Don't want to make you more depressed but Delpo is part of that great draw. He doesn't stand a chance against Nadal. As for the semi..it depends which Nole will stand up. 
Nadal's luck was that literally all the tricky opponants were in the upper half. So to be honest i think Federer will have to do it himself. He obviously can, but he has to be fully fit.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:03 pm

Part of being a great champion is doing it yourself.

I wouldn’t be too quick to dismiss Del Potro’s chances. Plays lower pacier shots than anyone Nadal has faced yet.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:06 pm

gallery play wrote:Delpo […] doesn't stand a chance against Nadal.
Sad

But I am more optimistic.  Difficult for Delpo to beat Rafa, but I think it is just about doable here.

Hopefully it is not Simon or else we will never know how Delpo would have fared.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:08 pm

BTW, you all seem to be penciling Nole into that SF.  Is he playing that well?  From what I have seen of him this year, I would not be surprised at all if he is not there.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:08 pm

legendkillar wrote:Part of being a great champion is doing it yourself.

Exactly - Fed is a grown-up, he's playing well on grass, and it's only due to what is close to a miracle that he's ahead of Nadal in the slam tally anyway.  BB is right that he's playing with house money, but as the older man by five years he's got to be able to beat Nadal at slams on his better surfaces as necessary for the next year or so if he's to stay ahead.  If he can't, then lucky old Nadal.

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Slippy Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:08 pm

Potro looking very ropey at the moment. On this form he will be struggling to get games off Rafa.

Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:12 pm

Slippy wrote:Potro looking very ropey at the moment. On this form he will be struggling to get games off Rafa.
Great.  That is what I wanted to hear. Sad

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:13 pm

Slippy wrote:Potro looking very ropey at the moment. On this form he will be struggling to get games off Rafa.

Yup - Del Boy is looking poor and his power is not winning him any free shots vs. Simon.

What price Nadal's 'run' to the final being Simon, then Nishikori...?

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:14 pm

summerblues wrote:
gallery play wrote:Delpo […] doesn't stand a chance against Nadal.
Sad

But I am more optimistic.  Difficult for Delpo to beat Rafa, but I think it is just about doable here.

Hopefully it is not Simon or else we will never know how Delpo would have fared.
Won't happen. Delpo's game is too comfortable for Nadal. Delpo has nothing to keep Nadal off balance.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:21 pm

Pusher going to run him down?

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:24 pm

delpo´s serve and forehand will hurt nadal

but delpo can suffer if he has to move much

so it will depend on who moves the other

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:26 pm

barrystar wrote:

Yup - Del Boy is looking poor and his power is not winning him any free shots vs. Simon.

What price Nadal's 'run' to the final being Simon, then Nishikori...?
Perhaps, though I see Djokovic beating him comfortably.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:16 pm

Simon isn't looking too great either. Delpo has been agitated all game and would not surprise me if he snags this in a TB despite being a break down.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:21 pm

And Delpo breaks and back on serve. Similarly with Djokovic needs to get out in 3.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:45 pm

What a plonker Delpo. Doesn't play a ball that clearly lands in on BP and loses the set!  Laugh Laugh Laugh

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:57 pm

Rafa and Fed the only two with clean sheet, now that Delpo dropped his first set.

This is the 8th time Fed has reached QF at Wimbledon without dropping a set. He has had mixed success in the previous 7 instances - went on to win "only" 4 of them.

For Rafa, this is the first time he is in the QF without losing a set.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:58 pm

so we have:

federer 37
anderson 32

isner 33
raonic 27

nishikori 28
djokovic 31

delpo 29 / simon 33
nadal 32

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:01 pm

nishikori has defeated some big hitters

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:03 pm

27 year old Raonic is the youngest quarterfinalist.  Sad.  At least five (and if Simon wins, then six) of the quarterfinalists are in their thirties.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:05 pm

naxroy, I see you beat me to it.  Very old field in the quarters.  No young blood coming through Sad

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:13 pm

Watched Del Potro vs Simon after Rafa match, nice seats and good view.
Del Potros movement wasn’t that great, some of the Simon returning was fantastic. Feel JDP has too much firepower though, he’ll win the fourth set tomorrow.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:16 pm

yeah, delpo looked stronger and better overall 

so nadal will face him, but delpo might be a little tired on wednesday

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Slippy Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:11 pm

naxroy wrote:so we have:

federer 37
anderson 32

isner 33
raonic 27

nishikori 28
djokovic 31

delpo 29 / simon 33
nadal 32
Worth noting that, despite their ages and experience, this lot have not exactly been knocking on the door at Wimbledon over the years. Other than Fed, Raonic and Novak we have:

Isner - first QF (10th appearance)
Anderson - first QF (10th appearance)
Nishikori - first QF (10th appearance)
Simon - 1 QF in 12 appearances 
Del Potro - 1 SF in 8 appearances 
Nadal - no QF in 7 years

Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next