Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
french open day 11 prediction game - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
french open day 11 prediction game - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
french open day 11 prediction game - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
french open day 11 prediction game - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
french open day 11 prediction game - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
french open day 11 prediction game - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
french open day 11 prediction game - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
french open day 11 prediction game - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
french open day 11 prediction game - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

french open day 11 prediction game

+8
N2D2L
naxroy
noleisthebest
barrystar
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
summerblues
Tenez
luvsports!
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

french open day 11 prediction game - Page 3 Empty Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by naxroy Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:55 am

nadal has no wrist problem

he was being defeated fair and square

but he has a new chance. lets see what happens

underarm serve would cost him 1-2 points as much

naxroy

Back to top Go down

french open day 11 prediction game - Page 3 Empty Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:54 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
barrystar wrote:Muguruza v. Sharapova was interesting, Muguruza v. Halep maybe even more so.  When Muguruza is on her game she is close to unplayable, but the margins for reaching her top form would seem to be tight because she also loses plenty of matches vs. lower ranked players when you might expect her to 'kick on'.
It looked as though she was pleased to duff up Sharapova on a personal level - there was no warmth after the match at the net at all.  Her screeching was at a level comparable to Sharapova's in what was a horrible match to listen to.  Halep is noisy too - it will be interesting to see if Muguruza makes a similar amount of noise against her, or whether they up their level vs. Sharapova.  I will never understand why the WTA doesn't want to stop it.
This is normal for her with any opponent. In fact you barely see a good warm after-match handshake in women's tour. And its not even new thing. 

Women hate each other.

Laugh

Not all rotla....only the jealous, insecure ones.
I loved the comment Anna Kournikova made to, I think, Higins at a handshake once after she lost to her, stg to the effect: I am still better looking than you and making more money.

And I suppose that's the "best" women can bring to the tennis table: the raw emotion of a catfight.

p.s.
unless you are a proper player like Justine Henin

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:06 am

noleisthebest wrote:

And I suppose that's the "best" women can bring to the tennis table: the raw emotion of a catfight.

Hard to understand how some people still say things like this

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:32 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
barrystar wrote:Muguruza v. Sharapova was interesting, Muguruza v. Halep maybe even more so.  When Muguruza is on her game she is close to unplayable, but the margins for reaching her top form would seem to be tight because she also loses plenty of matches vs. lower ranked players when you might expect her to 'kick on'.

It looked as though she was pleased to duff up Sharapova on a personal level - there was no warmth after the match at the net at all.  Her screeching was at a level comparable to Sharapova's in what was a horrible match to listen to.  Halep is noisy too - it will be interesting to see if Muguruza makes a similar amount of noise against her, or whether they up their level vs. Sharapova.  I will never understand why the WTA doesn't want to stop it.

This is normal for her with any opponent. In fact you barely see a good warm after-match handshake in women's tour. And its not even new thing. 

Women hate each other.

There are genuine friendships in the women's game - and if anything where they do exist they are closer than the men; Stephens and Keys are very close friends, and Serena Williams seems to have proper friendships with Wozniacki and Azarenka as well as a respectful, even generous, relationship with Muguruza.

It is unversally reported that there is more hostility and less respect between many of the leading women than between the men who, even if they are rarely true friends whilst playing, are consistently described as having a more collective 'we're all in this together' attitude.

I can think of three reasons for this:

(a) basic differences between men and women, but that's a bit of a kop out;

(b) many women start younger, and as teenagers and young 20's are probably surrounded by more fear of predatory behaviour so they are kept more separate from the outside world for longer than the case of men by chaperone figures;

(c) the income differentials between women players are contributed to hugely more significantly by their looks and the image they portray away from the game than happens in the case of men.  I imagine that it's much easier to accept that someone is more successful than you on the court and financially because they are better at tennis (the norm in the men's game) than having to accept that despite you being significantly better than someone, she grabs most of the headlines and the money because of her looks and willingness to trade on that.

barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3