Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Murray and his future.....
Yesterday at 11:44 pm by Tenez

» Men's Final - USO 2018
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:36 pm by legendkillar

» How good is Stefanos Tsitsipas?
Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:15 pm by Jahu

» Ladies Final - USO 2018
Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:48 am by bogbrush

» Why the big 3 Slam tally might never be matched
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:26 pm by Jahu

» Has there ever been a more eventful grand slam?
Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:51 pm by Jahu

» Mens SF - USO2018
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:41 pm by Tenez

» Screech is back - and not a moment too soon
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:44 pm by Daniel

» Could Djokovic achieve the greatest comeback since 'Lazarus'?
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:42 pm by Daniel

September 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


french open day 11 prediction game

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by naxroy on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:35 pm

my expectations of this game were that nadal would be able of breaking diego... but of course I didnt imagine that nadal would be broken like everytime

naxroy

Posts : 720
Join date : 2017-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:36 pm

So the king of clay is scared of a little Argie and the rain....asking for the play to stop.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27239
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by naxroy on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:40 pm

noleisthebest wrote:So the king of clay is scared of a little Argie and the rain....asking for the play to stop.


nadal also made the other match to be suspended?

naxroy

Posts : 720
Join date : 2017-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:43 pm

naxroy wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:So the king of clay is scared of a little Argie and the rain....asking for the play to stop.
nadal also made the other match to be suspended?
bottom line it was he who asked, not Schwartzman. They could've probably played another game. The rain does not look that bad.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27239
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by Jahu on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:44 pm

Nadal to sniff some sawdust in his locker now, a couple of quick injections etc etc and come beat the shit out of Schwartz out of nowhere.

Jahu

Posts : 2929
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by DEC1M7 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:45 pm

Nadal playing horrifically, Schwartzmann doing himself proud.

DEC1M7

Posts : 4839
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by DEC1M7 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:47 pm

Nadal is definitely losing this, dropping the ball short and making an insane amount of unforced errors.
Interesting that Schartzmann's best surface is clay despite his short height, shows his sensational ball striking ability.

DEC1M7

Posts : 4839
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:49 pm

DECIMA wrote:Nadal playing horrifically, Schwartzmann doing himself proud.
yeah, but how many times before have we seen this scenario...

noleisthebest

Posts : 27239
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:49 pm

DECIMA wrote:Nadal is definitely losing this, dropping the ball short and making an insane amount of unforced errors.
Interesting that Schartzmann's best surface is clay despite his short height, shows his sensational ball striking ability.
Are you going to put some money on Diego then?

noleisthebest

Posts : 27239
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by DEC1M7 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:50 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
DECIMA wrote:Nadal is definitely losing this, dropping the ball short and making an insane amount of unforced errors.
Interesting that Schartzmann's best surface is clay despite his short height, shows his sensational ball striking ability.
Are you going to put some money on Diego then?
Snap. Just put £50

DEC1M7

Posts : 4839
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by naxroy on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:52 pm

its not only rain and conditions... nadal is not playing well, as DECIMA said, lots of UE and his forehand didnt enter the match


rain break wont do him bad, but what he needs is sun and some radical change in his game

and still, diego will make him earn it every point...

naxroy

Posts : 720
Join date : 2017-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:52 pm

DECIMA wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
DECIMA wrote:Nadal is definitely losing this, dropping the ball short and making an insane amount of unforced errors.
Interesting that Schartzmann's best surface is clay despite his short height, shows his sensational ball striking ability.
Are you going to put some money on Diego then?
Snap. Just put £50
is that all? Winking

noleisthebest

Posts : 27239
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:53 pm

naxroy wrote:its not only rain and conditions... nadal is not playing well, as DECIMA said, lots of UE and his forehand didnt enter the match


rain break wont do him bad, but what he needs is sun and some radical change in his game

and still, diego will make him earn it every point...
yes, but where are the USs coming from?
The low bounce and difficulty to time the ball...so don't worry, he'll win this as soon as he comes back "refreshed" and "replenished"...

noleisthebest

Posts : 27239
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by DEC1M7 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:57 pm

This is the worst performance of his career- worse than any match he played in 2015.

DEC1M7

Posts : 4839
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by AceofDeath on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:58 pm

If he loses to Diego then the GOAT discussion ends. Federer would never lose to someone so small.

AceofDeath

Posts : 374
Join date : 2015-04-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:01 pm

DECIMA wrote:This is the worst performance of his career- worse than any match he played in 2015.
Don't worry Dec....Nadal is feeling your pain and will come back super strong after the break, you'll see!

noleisthebest

Posts : 27239
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by DEC1M7 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:01 pm

AceofDeath wrote:If he loses to Diego then the GOAT discussion ends. Federer would never lose to someone so small.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRaTsrmzhPI

DEC1M7

Posts : 4839
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:01 pm

AceofDeath wrote:If he loses to Diego then the GOAT discussion ends. Federer would never lose to someone so small.
A bit cruel but....
Laugh


noleisthebest

Posts : 27239
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by Jahu on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:15 pm

Fed lost twice from shorter Davydenko  Laugh

Jahu

Posts : 2929
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by AceofDeath on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:28 pm

Jahu wrote:Fed lost twice from shorter Davydenko  Laugh
Diego height 1.70 metre
Davydenko height 1.78 metre

AceofDeath

Posts : 374
Join date : 2015-04-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:29 pm

AceofDeath wrote:
Jahu wrote:Fed lost twice from shorter Davydenko  Laugh
Diego height 1.70 metre
Davydenko height 1.78 metre
Is that with heels on?

noleisthebest

Posts : 27239
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by Jahu on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:29 pm

8 cm is irrelevant, ask the girls...

Jahu

Posts : 2929
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by luvsports! on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:37 pm

The ones that have filed restraining orders? Winking

luvsports!

Posts : 4558
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by DEC1M7 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:39 pm

luvsports! wrote:The ones that have filed restraining orders? Winking
lmao

DEC1M7

Posts : 4839
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by luvsports! on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:43 pm

Nadal getting more zip on his groundies now and diego missing more.

luvsports!

Posts : 4558
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by naxroy on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:47 pm

And rain again

naxroy

Posts : 720
Join date : 2017-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by Jahu on Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:37 pm

luvsports! wrote:The ones that have filed restraining orders? Winking

Stop always making sense, git  Big Grin

Jahu

Posts : 2929
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by Jahu on Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:38 pm

This stoppage will hurt Schwartz more.

Jahu

Posts : 2929
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by naxroy on Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:43 pm

game will continue tomorrow

nadal was lucky

but that serve game to win the set will be tricky to begin with

naxroy

Posts : 720
Join date : 2017-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by Tenez on Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:40 pm

Funny. Google doesn't know what Schwarzy looks like. I think they chose of picture of Dolgo instead!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tennis+scores&oq=tennis+s&aqs=chrome.5.69i57j69i60l3j0j35i39.1045260j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8


So Nadal in spite of being a break down in the second set ends up 5/3 up! He won't surrender that easily.

Tenez

Posts : 19414
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by bogbrush on Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:15 pm

Hard luck on Schwartz, his advantage would be in making it a very long match. Now it’s a three setter tomorrow, something unlikely to stretch Nadal’s reserves.

There’s no handicap in the semi either as his opponent will possibly play more tomorrow.

bogbrush

Posts : 2409
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by AceofDeath on Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:43 pm

Thiem just needs to breeze through Cecchi in 3 sets and he will crush the buttpicker in the final. The other matches are irrelevant  Thumbs Up

AceofDeath

Posts : 374
Join date : 2015-04-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by AceofDeath on Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:49 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
AceofDeath wrote:
Jahu wrote:Fed lost twice from shorter Davydenko  Laugh
Diego height 1.70 metre
Davydenko height 1.78 metre
Is that with heels on?
Probably  Laugh

Some people look shorter than they are on TV.

AceofDeath

Posts : 374
Join date : 2015-04-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:51 pm

AceofDeath wrote: Thiem just needs to breeze through Cecchi in 3 sets and he will crush the buttpicker in the final. The other matches are irrelevant  Thumbs Up
I hope not.
I’ve just seen the highlights of yesterday’s match, what a nice player, real tennis player, even the SBH!
I am sad Nole lost, but at least he lost to him.
Where has he been all this time!!!

He has lots of tennis elements from Fognini, great hands.

Italians have been such a breath of fresh air this RG.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27239
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:55 pm

It was good to see Nadal on the ropes today, really good!

I had a Soderling ‘09 dejavu while it lasted....

noleisthebest

Posts : 27239
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by gallery play on Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:59 pm

Tenez wrote:

So Nadal in spite of being a break down in the second set ends up 5/3 up! He won't surrender that easily. 
Need to be said that Nadal was heavily injured before the rain delay.  The physio managed to tape his almost torn off hands back to his wrists. He recovered incredibly well during the rain.

gallery play

Posts : 2620
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by Tenez on Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:22 pm

I will catch up with the match...

Tenez

Posts : 19414
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by bogbrush on Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:59 pm

gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:

So Nadal in spite of being a break down in the second set ends up 5/3 up! He won't surrender that easily. 
Need to be said that Nadal was heavily injured before the rain delay.  The physio managed to tape his almost torn off hands back to his wrists. He recovered incredibly well during the rain.
Well something dramatic happened during the break.

bogbrush

Posts : 2409
Join date : 2015-03-30
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by Tenez on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:35 pm

Ok - I saw a replay from 4 all first set to 5/3 Nadal in the 3rd.

My take: Nadal has no wrist problem. Why did he ask for a MTO there? Schwartz hits a pacy ball from both wings, exactly what Nadal has always feared. Diego hit 20 winners in that first set and this is why he won it.

Schwartz coudl have easily been 5/1 up in that second set: 40/0 on his serve at 2/1 and game points at 3/2 up...ends up being 5/3 down. Having missed those opportunities you coudl see he felt down after that.

Also the rain and heavy conds are not helping him. It is harder for him to generate that crucial "critical pace" while it gives Nadal more safety in his shots as he receives a less lively/pacy ball. Nadal is poor at handling pace.

Tenez

Posts : 19414
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by DEC1M7 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:40 pm

No one said he has a wrist problem, nor did he take a MTO.
Had some tape on his forearm to stop sweat dripping onto his hand.

DEC1M7

Posts : 4839
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by DEC1M7 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:40 pm

I, on the other hand, have a splitting headache.

DEC1M7

Posts : 4839
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by luvsports! on Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:02 pm

The Schwartzman effect!

luvsports!

Posts : 4558
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by DEC1M7 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:10 pm

The sweat dripping onto Nadal's hand or my headache? Or both? Probably both.

DEC1M7

Posts : 4839
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by summerblues on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:49 am

Tenez wrote:My take: Nadal has no wrist problem.
I did not need to watch the match to know that smiley

summerblues

Posts : 3926
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by summerblues on Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:01 am

Good luck to Diego for tomorrow; hopefully he can recover from the second set blip and come out victorious.

summerblues

Posts : 3926
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by summerblues on Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:07 am

barrystar wrote:I'd like to see Schwartzman pop in the odd underarm serve, especially if they get to a tie-break - make Nadal feel a doubt about standing way back to receive serve. 
Everyone seems to be suggesting this now.  We should remember that the original author of this suggestion on this forum was Daniel - he had been advocating it for a while now.

I personally am not convinced it would work.  I suspect Rafa - even from as far back as he stands - would reach the ball and make the server pay.

summerblues

Posts : 3926
Join date : 2012-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:15 am

summerblues wrote:
barrystar wrote:I'd like to see Schwartzman pop in the odd underarm serve, especially if they get to a tie-break - make Nadal feel a doubt about standing way back to receive serve. 
Everyone seems to be suggesting this now.  We should remember that the original author of this suggestion on this forum was Daniel - he had been advocating it for a while now.

I personally am not convinced it would work.  I suspect Rafa - even from as far back as he stands - would reach the ball and make the server pay.

Nadal stands 5-6m behind the BL and if he is not expecting a drop shot he can't get to it. Like any other shot this underarm serve needs to be practiced. 

Or if not under arm, always prefer to serve out-wide slow kickers with acute angle opening the court in return. Down the T is almost not useful.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 3158
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by barrystar on Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:53 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
summerblues wrote:
barrystar wrote:I'd like to see Schwartzman pop in the odd underarm serve, especially if they get to a tie-break - make Nadal feel a doubt about standing way back to receive serve. 
Everyone seems to be suggesting this now.  We should remember that the original author of this suggestion on this forum was Daniel - he had been advocating it for a while now.

I personally am not convinced it would work.  I suspect Rafa - even from as far back as he stands - would reach the ball and make the server pay.

Nadal stands 5-6m behind the BL and if he is not expecting a drop shot he can't get to it. Like any other shot this underarm serve needs to be practiced. 

Or if not under arm, always prefer to serve out-wide slow kickers with acute angle opening the court in return. Down the T is almost not useful.

I agree with most of that - Fed pushes him out wide on the serve fairly successfully.  However, pushing it out wide can give the returner angles to play with if he gets there quick enough - just like an underarm serve, the serve out wide needs to be practised and have the right mixture of spin, pace, and angle to work.

barrystar

Posts : 561
Join date : 2017-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by barrystar on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:03 am

Muguruza v. Sharapova was interesting, Muguruza v. Halep maybe even more so.  When Muguruza is on her game she is close to unplayable, but the margins for reaching her top form would seem to be tight because she also loses plenty of matches vs. lower ranked players when you might expect her to 'kick on'.

It looked as though she was pleased to duff up Sharapova on a personal level - there was no warmth after the match at the net at all.  Her screeching was at a level comparable to Sharapova's in what was a horrible match to listen to.  Halep is noisy too - it will be interesting to see if Muguruza makes a similar amount of noise against her, or whether they up their level vs. Sharapova.  I will never understand why the WTA doesn't want to stop it.

barrystar

Posts : 561
Join date : 2017-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:53 am

barrystar wrote:Muguruza v. Sharapova was interesting, Muguruza v. Halep maybe even more so.  When Muguruza is on her game she is close to unplayable, but the margins for reaching her top form would seem to be tight because she also loses plenty of matches vs. lower ranked players when you might expect her to 'kick on'.

It looked as though she was pleased to duff up Sharapova on a personal level - there was no warmth after the match at the net at all.  Her screeching was at a level comparable to Sharapova's in what was a horrible match to listen to.  Halep is noisy too - it will be interesting to see if Muguruza makes a similar amount of noise against her, or whether they up their level vs. Sharapova.  I will never understand why the WTA doesn't want to stop it.

This is normal for her with any opponent. In fact you barely see a good warm after-match handshake in women's tour. And its not even new thing. 

Women hate each other.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 3158
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: french open day 11 prediction game

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum