Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Aus Open Day 8 - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Aus Open Day 8 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Aus Open Day 8 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Aus Open Day 8 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Aus Open Day 8 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Aus Open Day 8 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Aus Open Day 8 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Aus Open Day 8 - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Aus Open Day 8 - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Aus Open Day 8

+9
gallery play
legendkillar
Jahu
bogbrush
Tenez
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
summerblues
noleisthebest
luvsports!
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Aus Open Day 8 - Page 4 Empty Re: Aus Open Day 8

Post by bogbrush Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:37 pm

Tenez, we know the ranking is over a long time. That’s why I went looking for a 14 day old match against the aging hulk they call Daveed, but that got shouted down.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:46 pm

bogbrush wrote:Tenez, we know the ranking is over a long time. That’s why I went looking for a 14 day old match against the aging hulk they call Daveed, but that got shouted down.
Well that’s 2 weeks ago, he’s probably massively improved since then.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:47 pm

Tenez wrote:Hear hear GP. Everyone who saw the match Nadal v Schwartz knows how close the match was compared to the score line. What lacked Schwarzy was more power, stamina, and above composure and nerves.....which Chung displayed in plenty by playing all the important shots better than teh 12 slam champion.
I must admit i only saw the NAdal-Schwartz highlights, so i  saw mainly Nadal's celebration points. It apparently didn't tell the whole story. Today it was a bit of the opposite: close scoreline but Djoko was chased all the time. Every set he could barely hang in. Despite Chung's weak serve

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:14 pm

Djoko saying he didnt have the Operation cause the experts told him they can fix it with no op. now he says another long pause seems to be needed, shortcuts didnt seem to help, and consultation for operation again. He probably hurt him self more with this AO.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:17 pm

Sounds like he & Murray went to the same guy.

Nadal already counting on #11 at RG.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:26 pm

Jahu wrote:Djoko saying he didnt have the Operation cause the experts told him they can fix it with no op. now he says another long pause seems to be needed, shortcuts didnt seem to help, and consultation for operation again. He probably hurt him self more with this AO.
What’s the source for that Jahu?

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:55 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Jahu wrote:Djoko saying he didnt have the Operation cause the experts told him they can fix it with no op. now he says another long pause seems to be needed, shortcuts didnt seem to help, and consultation for operation again. He probably hurt him self more with this AO.
What’s the source for that Jahu?
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.b92.net%2Fsport%2Faustralianopen2018%2Fnikolin-slajs.php%3Fyyyy%3D2018%26mm%3D01%26dd%3D22%26nav_id%3D1349823&edit-text=

Serbian interview video, but translated text, mostly ok.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:03 pm

Hard to judge now, but maybe he should of gotten on with operation, take off a year, then come back, he is young still, can kick ass at 70% of his capacity for another 3-4y the way the field is now.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:06 pm

That’s glum stuff from him.

Murray’s done, Djokovic looks very uncertain. It would be just the best if the last of the big four to retire was the oldest guy with the most matches played.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:09 pm

Yeah, quite down, dont think its his body in problems 100%, must be 50/50 issues on his mind, he looks so weak from this crappy diet, no wonder love, meditation will not help. He got enough money to retire and go back to living with family, his tennis academy etc.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:41 pm

bogbrush wrote:

this was my first thought

but who knows....

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:47 pm

bogbrush wrote:Sounds like he & Murray went to the same guy.

You’ve forgotten the new world number 1* Hyun Chung.

*Ranking based on past 7 hours to avoid glitches

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:04 pm

Interesting development in Feds telephone number records

- he reached 91 AO match wins, that’s 30 (THIRTY!) ahead of 2nd placed Djokovic.
- that’s the same number he has at Wimbledon
- the record for wins at a single Slam is still with Jimmy Connors (98, USO)

I wonder if he can reach 100 at either event? Obviously that’d not happen until 2019 at the earliest.
100 - I mean, that’s like winning it 14 times plus making a 2nd round. It takes a 15 year astonishing career at minimum!

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:11 pm

gallery play wrote:
First of all: Djoko is probably the best returner out there. Chung doesn't care if his serve comes back, his firework comes directly after the serve. A bit like Nadal actually.
Secondly: Djokovic hit the ball well today, it was Chung's overwhelming obduracy which made Nole doubt his own game. It's remarkable a 21 y/o can do that
Thirdly: Chung recently won the NextGen ATP finals and is in my view the best athlete out there at the moment. If he stays in the zone like this.. who knows, he can even win the whole thing. 

So yes, if i were Fed, i would prefer double-faulting-Dimi over Chung. Even though it's likely Chung will make mistakes at some point.
This comment sums up best of what I thought of the match not having seen it.

After reading articles in Serbian, it looks like Nole was not 100% ready physically and that he has aggravated his elbow injury...which does not surprise me.

An inform Chung is a dogged competitor with very quick and strong legs and good hands.

He does not have Nole’s variety but can match him with easy pace in basic baseline  shots.

Before the match I thought Chung had no chance against a healthy Nole, and I still think so.

So we’ll have to wait and see, whether this post match injury talk is serious and will result with another long break  or whether it’s just a wound licking exercise.

Chung definitely seized the opportunity like many others last year vs Nole.

I followed Baby WTF in Milan carefully and saw three of Chung’s matches.
His win there was no accident which he confirmed with beating Zverev who was a sent in Milan.

I don’t think Chung will trouble Fed at all.

Fed for the title. Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:39 pm

Q. South Korea and North Korea will be going into the Olympic Games together. What does that mean to you and your country?
HYEON CHUNG: I think it's a good question, but I don't know. I'm just playing tennis, so I can't say anything about this.

Q. You cannot say anything because you think is a political issue you don't want to talk about or because you don't have any opinion on that?
ATP: Next question, please.
===================
Chung already well briefed by his sponsors!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:03 pm

And what did the journalist really expect with that question?
It was more a provocation than a question.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:37 am

noleisthebest wrote:And what did the journalist really expect with that question?
It was more a provocation than a question.
+1

What an idiotic question.  Glad he brushed them off.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:38 am

summerblues wrote:Bookies favor Fed to beat Fucsovics.  Hopefully they are right.
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:39 am

summerblues wrote:They also favor Nole to beat Chung.  Hopefully they are wrong there.
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:53 am

I thought Chung might have a chance (though I admit I did not quite expect he would pull it off).

I watched the first two sets of Fed's match.  Fed looked very good to me.  Even though he struggled to get many breaks, he looked very comfortable.  And he was absolutely cruising on his own serve.  During one stretch, he won 21 consecutive points on his own serve - and Fucsovics was not even playing very poorly.

I am watching some of Nole vs Chung now.  Nole looks a little better to me than he did against Monfils, but still making way too many cheap errors.  With his game built on making almost no errors, that makes a big difference.  Still, he is not quite handing it to Chung on a silver platter - Chung is showing some pretty good tennis  - much like he did against Zverev.

Not shocked that Thiem went out.  Still, Tennys Sandgren is an odd quarterfinalist.  26 years old, having played a total of 10 tour level matches in his lifetime (prior to this AO), and only winning two of them.  And now he has a chance to make SF possibly.  Chung is obviously a favorite, but it is not inconceivable Tennys could win.  They actually played in Auckland earlier this month and Chung won a tight-ish match in three sets.

I used to consider Berdych a dangerous opponent for Fed, but he has struggled against him recently.  I hope I am not setting myself up for rude awakening, but I am kind of expecting a comfortable (3, or at most 4, sets) win for Roger.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:34 am

DECIMA wrote:
bogbrush wrote:Sounds like he & Murray went to the same guy.

You’ve forgotten the new world number 1* Hyun Chung.

*Ranking based on past 7 hours to avoid glitches

Laugh

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:55 am

naxroy wrote:
bogbrush wrote:

this was my first thought

but who knows....
BTW, welcome back naxroy. Good to have you here.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:23 am

noleisthebest wrote:
gallery play wrote:
First of all: Djoko is probably the best returner out there. Chung doesn't care if his serve comes back, his firework comes directly after the serve. A bit like Nadal actually.
Secondly: Djokovic hit the ball well today, it was Chung's overwhelming obduracy which made Nole doubt his own game. It's remarkable a 21 y/o can do that
Thirdly: Chung recently won the NextGen ATP finals and is in my view the best athlete out there at the moment. If he stays in the zone like this.. who knows, he can even win the whole thing. 

So yes, if i were Fed, i would prefer double-faulting-Dimi over Chung. Even though it's likely Chung will make mistakes at some point.
This comment sums up best of what I thought of the match not having seen it.

After reading articles in Serbian, it looks like Nole was not 100% ready physically and that he has aggravated his elbow injury...which does not surprise me.

An inform Chung is a dogged competitor with very quick and strong legs and good hands.

He does not have Nole’s variety but can match him with easy pace in basic baseline  shots.

Before the match I thought Chung had no chance against a healthy Nole, and I still think so.

So we’ll have to wait and see, whether this post match injury talk is serious and will result with another long break  or whether it’s just a wound licking exercise.

Chung definitely seized the opportunity like many others last year vs Nole.

I followed Baby WTF in Milan carefully and saw three of Chung’s matches.
His win there was no accident which he confirmed with beating Zverev who was a sent in Milan.

I don’t think Chung will trouble Fed at all.

Fed for the title. Bubbly

Have to say Nole didn't look comfortable out there and doesn't look 100% to me. I do wonder if he'll skip the American swing and prepare for Clay. I think he needs more rest to let that elbow heal.

My other observation is the sheer effort it took Chung to get over the line was huge! Which is why if Nole and even Murray come back near 100% makes me believe the rest of the field will still struggle to crash the top of the game.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:38 am

legendkillar wrote:
Have to say Nole didn't look comfortable out there and doesn't look 100% to me. I do wonder if he'll skip the American swing and prepare for Clay. I think he needs more rest to let that elbow heal.

My other observation is the sheer effort it took Chung to get over the line was huge! Which is why if Nole and even Murray come back near 100% makes me believe the rest of the field will still struggle to crash the top of the game.

I just hope his elbow is not as bad as he says.
Because if it is, he may as well retire.

Champions like him don’t compete for QFs.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4