Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» This Is What A Feminist Looks Like
Today at 1:55 pm by legendkillar

» Nishikori's best ever performance?
Yesterday at 9:29 am by Daniel

» Two words you will never associate with Nadal
Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:16 pm by Tenez

» Davis Cup 2017
Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:06 pm by Jahu

» NADAL WINS SLAM NUMBER 16, MOVES 2 CLEAR OF THIRD PLACED SAMPRAS
Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:09 pm by Tenez

» Sharapova announces failed drug test
Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:02 pm by luvsports!

» Fight for #1
Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:05 pm by Daniel

» US open prediction game: Final day
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:17 pm by DECIMA

» NITB: 'Spiritually speaking, very likely Djokovic's wife part of Nadal's evil plan'
Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:36 pm by garthmarenghi

September 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Women's qf day prediciton game

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by luvsports! on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:09 am

Joker available.

Venus (20) vs Ostapenko (26)
Konta (12) vs Halep (4)
Muguruza (20) vs Kuznetsova (15)
Rybarikova (33) vs Coco (24) 
Murray/Hingis (1) vs Jebavy/Hradecka (16)
Kontinen/Peers (1) Harrison/Not venus williams another venus (10)
Podlipnik-castillo/vasilevski (16) vs Mektic/skugor (16)

luvsports!

Posts : 3975
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by Tenez on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:13 am

Joker available.

Ostapenko (26) joker
Halep (4)
Kutz 15
Coco (24)
Jebavy/Hradecka (16)
Harrison/Not venus williams another venus (10)
Podlipnik-castillo/vasilevski (16)

A lot a pure guesses here.

Tenez

Posts : 16996
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by Tenez on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:51 am

Federer: ....
The shot clock is an interesting one. But how do you judge, you know, when you finish after a dropshot, it's been a tough rally, the guy has to run back to the baseline?
Sometimes we need to have some leeway. But I do believe we should enforce the rule at some stage, somehow, because maybe too many players have gone over the limit. That's where we are now.
I'm not sure if it's good, but give it a try, I guess.

Tenez

Posts : 16996
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by Tenez on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:13 pm

Back to gutless winning tennis from Djoko.


Tenez

Posts : 16996
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:40 pm

I just started watching, I thought it was starting at 1 pm

noleisthebest

Posts : 24797
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:44 pm

Just saw a few points in the tb, Nole looks determined.

Must have been close, Manna is a clever, crafty player.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24797
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:49 pm

Manna looks bored of playing his own game.
Very similar to how Simon played Nole...no pace, moving him left and right.

Beautiful ball striking as always.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24797
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by Tenez on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:53 pm

It's annoying cause when playing Manna, Djoko plays gutless as if he has everything to lose....but when he will meet Federer he'll have no other choice but to play his best game with no fear (still safe ugly shots though).

What is it that we have probably the 3 ugliest playing ever dominating the game at the same time we have the best ever?

Tenez

Posts : 16996
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:58 pm

Well at this level, tennis is more than elegance and timing.

Mannarino and other French players could learn from Nole's spirit and determination.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24797
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:02 pm

Not watching, does Djokovic look back to previous level?

bogbrush

Posts : 1072
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:09 pm

I just started watching, it's difficult to tell as Manna is not giving Nole any rhythm.

His spirit is back for sure, and that's always been his major tennis weapon.
I'd say his tennis is about 90% there.

The rest is filled out by confidence and that is on the rise, as well.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24797
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by Tenez on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:20 pm

... wrote:Well at this level, tennis is more than elegance and timing.

Mannarino and other French players could learn from Nole's spirit and determination.

Depends. What's the price? Being booed in all CC in the world...and now at home?

Tenez

Posts : 16996
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by Tenez on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:21 pm

bogbrush wrote:Not watching, does Djokovic look back to previous level?
He has had a couple of MTOs due to a bad shoulder....so I guess he has an excuse.

Not nice to watch for sure. Manna plays very soft and Djoko softer.

Tenez

Posts : 16996
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:28 pm

I just saw the last few games.

I see he's "injured" and playing the hollow eyed battling hero thing again. Of course the commentators swallow it up by the tablespoon.

FFS, when are people going to stop buying this? Maybe he has a tweak but if it was as painful as he's making out he'd be unable to take the impact through the racquet.

bogbrush

Posts : 1072
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:33 pm

Martina forgot to put the tie on. And her hair is way too long!

noleisthebest

Posts : 24797
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:35 pm

Here comes maaa girl Alona/Jelena! lovelovelove

noleisthebest

Posts : 24797
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by legendkillar on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:45 pm

Tenez wrote:
... wrote:Well at this level, tennis is more than elegance and timing.

Mannarino and other French players could learn from Nole's spirit and determination.

Depends. What's the price? Being booed in all CC in the world...and now at home?


I don't think that's what gets Nole booed, more his recent gangly poses and actions when playing shots. I think she means in relation to better mental application to his game.

However ugly the roadrunners may well be, they have the intelligence say at being 0-30 on serve after 2 UE's to compact and compartmentalise their game thereafter to force the opponent to break serve rather than gift another 2 UE's. Let's say a Cilic at 0-30 would try and hit their way out of it and thus getting in deeper trouble. It's playing the odds game when you truly need it. Roadrunners play that approach throughout, whereas a shotmaker (not strictly within their nature) would not entertain that idea when it serves them better to do so on those situations. Yes there is admiration in living by the sword and dying by it, however why do so when a shield can do a better job? Winking

I am not a fan of grinding tennis, but what I see in say Nadal, Djokovic and Murray is to shore up in tense situations and dig in. Sometimes it's not even being mentally tough. Just play smart. It's one of the things that bothered me the most about Tsonga. Bags of talent to boot, but absolutely no brains behind it. Scary to think what a difference 5% of tennis IQ would do to such players.

legendkillar

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by Tenez on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:49 pm

legendkillar wrote:
Tenez wrote:
... wrote:Well at this level, tennis is more than elegance and timing.

Mannarino and other French players could learn from Nole's spirit and determination.

Depends. What's the price? Being booed in all CC in the world...and now at home?


I don't think that's what gets Nole booed, more his recent gangly poses and actions when playing shots. I think she means in relation to better mental application to his game.

However ugly the roadrunners may well be, they have the intelligence say at being 0-30 on serve after 2 UE's to compact and compartmentalise their game thereafter to force the opponent to break serve rather than gift another 2 UE's. Let's say a Cilic at 0-30 would try and hit their way out of it and thus getting in deeper trouble. It's playing the odds game when you truly need it. Roadrunners play that approach throughout, whereas a shotmaker (not strictly within their nature) would not entertain that idea when it serves them better to do so on those situations. Yes there is admiration in living by the sword and dying by it, however why do so when a shield can do a better job? Winking

I am not a fan of grinding tennis, but what I see in say Nadal, Djokovic and Murray is to shore up in tense situations and dig in. Sometimes it's not even being mentally tough. Just play smart. It's one of the things that bothered me the most about Tsonga. Bags of talent to boot, but absolutely no brains behind it. Scary to think what a difference 5% of tennis IQ would do to such players.

Booed was a bit harsh I agree. But he tends to almost always have the crowd against him.

Tenez

Posts : 16996
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:51 pm

Yeah, Tsonga is worse than Berdy in the head when I think about it.

bogbrush

Posts : 1072
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:52 pm

... wrote:Here comes maaa girl Alona/Jelena! lovelovelove
She looks very messed up on that serve.

Garby is my strong pick to win this, I like the look of her in every way Cool

bogbrush

Posts : 1072
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:53 pm

Garby is a horseface.
I say neigh!


Last edited by ... on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Posts : 24797
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:57 pm

... wrote:Garby is a horseface.
I'm a man, you're a woman. My judgement in this matter trumps yours.

bogbrush

Posts : 1072
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:58 pm

bogbrush wrote:
... wrote:Garby is a horseface.
I'm a man, you're a woman. My judgement in this matter trumps yours.
It tells me you don't aim high. Winking

noleisthebest

Posts : 24797
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:59 pm

Opjelena needs to go down hards the middle at Venus in Venus' service games.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24797
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:15 pm

Well, that was one break of serve.

Jelena will keep playing her game, let's see how she goes in the second.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24797
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:15 pm

... wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
... wrote:Garby is a horseface.
I'm a man, you're a woman. My judgement in this matter trumps yours.
It tells me you don't  aim high. Winking
She has excellent facial symmetry, ideal waist/hip ratio and clearly would produce healthy offspring. Genes is what it's all about. 

Mrs Bogrush won't take offence at your assessment at all Winking

bogbrush

Posts : 1072
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:18 pm

Naaah, her eyes are too close. Good for tennis, though! 

But hey, if she gets you going, who am I to say anything! Winking

noleisthebest

Posts : 24797
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by legendkillar on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:26 pm

Tenez wrote:
legendkillar wrote:
Tenez wrote:
... wrote:Well at this level, tennis is more than elegance and timing.

Mannarino and other French players could learn from Nole's spirit and determination.

Depends. What's the price? Being booed in all CC in the world...and now at home?


I don't think that's what gets Nole booed, more his recent gangly poses and actions when playing shots. I think she means in relation to better mental application to his game.

However ugly the roadrunners may well be, they have the intelligence say at being 0-30 on serve after 2 UE's to compact and compartmentalise their game thereafter to force the opponent to break serve rather than gift another 2 UE's. Let's say a Cilic at 0-30 would try and hit their way out of it and thus getting in deeper trouble. It's playing the odds game when you truly need it. Roadrunners play that approach throughout, whereas a shotmaker (not strictly within their nature) would not entertain that idea when it serves them better to do so on those situations. Yes there is admiration in living by the sword and dying by it, however why do so when a shield can do a better job? Winking

I am not a fan of grinding tennis, but what I see in say Nadal, Djokovic and Murray is to shore up in tense situations and dig in. Sometimes it's not even being mentally tough. Just play smart. It's one of the things that bothered me the most about Tsonga. Bags of talent to boot, but absolutely no brains behind it. Scary to think what a difference 5% of tennis IQ would do to such players.

Booed was a bit harsh I agree. But he tends to almost always have the crowd against him.


I find him to be a curious case in that regard in terms of his appeal. Look at Hewitt. He had an insatiable and explosive desire in him. Like he lived every point. He was always intense, even at the handshake at the net! Something about his "C'mmmmoon" that was enticing compared to say a "c'mon" from Djokovic.

I've often found Djokovic hard to warm to because I am not sure as to what he is trying portray. If you are trying to embody yourself as the ultimate warrior, they don't normally piss about laughing or joking. Sends a confused message to the crowd. I know Nadal isn't the most liked on this forum, say what you will but part of his appeal as a warrior on court translates better because of the fist pumping and vamossing. That does have appeal to those who love that. I can't take him seriously on that count, because someone who picks his arse at that frequency clearly doesn't wipe after themselves and personal hygiene is standard for me.

Djokovic it feels has tried in different ways to bond with the crowd and thus in my mind has alienated them. His hesitancy has caused the crowd to be hesitant towards him.

legendkillar

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:31 pm

Great observation! I hadn't put my finger on it but he's not genuine. Brilliant spot, I think you've got him.

Yes, Nadal is what he is, so is Federer. So is Murray - my son & I called him Napoleon Dynamite (with his whole "worst day of my life, wadda ya think??!!" thing) when he first emerged and he still is, it's why I quite like him really. That's just how he is.

bogbrush

Posts : 1072
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by legendkillar on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:46 pm

I agree on that Murray count. He does have the air of "This sh!t only happens to me and no-one else" kind of attitude and that's why I think people laugh when he throws a fit or 100. People relate to that because when Murray drops an F-bomb or screams, I am sure office workers up and down the land feel like doing the same at any given time.

Federer will always have that suave sophisticated look like a Swan walking down Mayfair in a suit made in Savile Row.

Nadal will always be the sweaty musclehead who looks like he lives in a gym and tanning salon all his life.

There are characteristics that people can relate to in athletes. We all know a Murray or a Federer or a Nadal. Can't say I know a Djokovic. The best I can think of is the gender benders I see down for Pride every August!

legendkillar

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by Tenez on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:25 pm

legendkillar wrote:
Tenez wrote:
legendkillar wrote:
Tenez wrote:
... wrote:Well at this level, tennis is more than elegance and timing.

Mannarino and other French players could learn from Nole's spirit and determination.

Depends. What's the price? Being booed in all CC in the world...and now at home?


I don't think that's what gets Nole booed, more his recent gangly poses and actions when playing shots. I think she means in relation to better mental application to his game.

However ugly the roadrunners may well be, they have the intelligence say at being 0-30 on serve after 2 UE's to compact and compartmentalise their game thereafter to force the opponent to break serve rather than gift another 2 UE's. Let's say a Cilic at 0-30 would try and hit their way out of it and thus getting in deeper trouble. It's playing the odds game when you truly need it. Roadrunners play that approach throughout, whereas a shotmaker (not strictly within their nature) would not entertain that idea when it serves them better to do so on those situations. Yes there is admiration in living by the sword and dying by it, however why do so when a shield can do a better job? Winking

I am not a fan of grinding tennis, but what I see in say Nadal, Djokovic and Murray is to shore up in tense situations and dig in. Sometimes it's not even being mentally tough. Just play smart. It's one of the things that bothered me the most about Tsonga. Bags of talent to boot, but absolutely no brains behind it. Scary to think what a difference 5% of tennis IQ would do to such players.

Booed was a bit harsh I agree. But he tends to almost always have the crowd against him.


I find him to be a curious case in that regard in terms of his appeal. Look at Hewitt. He had an insatiable and explosive desire in him. Like he lived every point. He was always intense, even at the handshake at the net! Something about his "C'mmmmoon" that was enticing compared to say a "c'mon" from Djokovic.

I've often found Djokovic hard to warm to because I am not sure as to what he is trying portray. If you are trying to embody yourself as the ultimate warrior, they don't normally piss about laughing or joking. Sends a confused message to the crowd. I know Nadal isn't the most liked on this forum, say what you will but part of his appeal as a warrior on court translates better because of the fist pumping and vamossing. That does have appeal to those who love that. I can't take him seriously on that count, because someone who picks his arse at that frequency clearly doesn't wipe after themselves and personal hygiene is standard for me.

Djokovic it feels has tried in different ways to bond with the crowd and thus in my mind has alienated them. His hesitancy has caused the crowd to be hesitant towards him.

This is a good point but in my view not the main reason why people don't warm up to him. The main reason is his game. You play teh way you are. As simple as that. It simply isn't a great game to watch. People are wondering how this guy can have dominate so much. Besides his rubber band flexibility people can only get in awe about his retrieving ability. he has the good odd shot every now and then but they can clearly see that his opponents can match them easily.

And I think that's the same reasons why people don;t warm up to Murray either...though one might argue that Murray comes across as an unfriendly character making things worst almost.

Tenez

Posts : 16996
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:29 pm

legendkillar wrote:I agree on that Murray count. He does have the air of "This sh!t only happens to me and no-one else" kind of attitude and that's why I think people laugh when he throws a fit or 100. People relate to that because when Murray drops an F-bomb or screams, I am sure office workers up and down the land feel like doing the same at any given time.

Federer will always have that suave sophisticated look like a Swan walking down Mayfair in a suit made in Savile Row.

Nadal will always be the sweaty musclehead who looks like he lives in a gym and tanning salon all his life.

There are characteristics that people can relate to in athletes. We all know a Murray or a Federer or a Nadal. Can't say I know a Djokovic. The best I can think of is the gender benders I see down for Pride every August!
It's times like this that socal would make a great addition to the forum  Laugh

bogbrush

Posts : 1072
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:34 pm

Tenez wrote:
legendkillar wrote:
Tenez wrote:
legendkillar wrote:
Tenez wrote:
... wrote:Well at this level, tennis is more than elegance and timing.

Mannarino and other French players could learn from Nole's spirit and determination.

Depends. What's the price? Being booed in all CC in the world...and now at home?


I don't think that's what gets Nole booed, more his recent gangly poses and actions when playing shots. I think she means in relation to better mental application to his game.

However ugly the roadrunners may well be, they have the intelligence say at being 0-30 on serve after 2 UE's to compact and compartmentalise their game thereafter to force the opponent to break serve rather than gift another 2 UE's. Let's say a Cilic at 0-30 would try and hit their way out of it and thus getting in deeper trouble. It's playing the odds game when you truly need it. Roadrunners play that approach throughout, whereas a shotmaker (not strictly within their nature) would not entertain that idea when it serves them better to do so on those situations. Yes there is admiration in living by the sword and dying by it, however why do so when a shield can do a better job? Winking

I am not a fan of grinding tennis, but what I see in say Nadal, Djokovic and Murray is to shore up in tense situations and dig in. Sometimes it's not even being mentally tough. Just play smart. It's one of the things that bothered me the most about Tsonga. Bags of talent to boot, but absolutely no brains behind it. Scary to think what a difference 5% of tennis IQ would do to such players.

Booed was a bit harsh I agree. But he tends to almost always have the crowd against him.


I find him to be a curious case in that regard in terms of his appeal. Look at Hewitt. He had an insatiable and explosive desire in him. Like he lived every point. He was always intense, even at the handshake at the net! Something about his "C'mmmmoon" that was enticing compared to say a "c'mon" from Djokovic.

I've often found Djokovic hard to warm to because I am not sure as to what he is trying portray. If you are trying to embody yourself as the ultimate warrior, they don't normally piss about laughing or joking. Sends a confused message to the crowd. I know Nadal isn't the most liked on this forum, say what you will but part of his appeal as a warrior on court translates better because of the fist pumping and vamossing. That does have appeal to those who love that. I can't take him seriously on that count, because someone who picks his arse at that frequency clearly doesn't wipe after themselves and personal hygiene is standard for me.

Djokovic it feels has tried in different ways to bond with the crowd and thus in my mind has alienated them. His hesitancy has caused the crowd to be hesitant towards him.

This is a good point but in my view not the main reason why people don't warm up to him. The main reason is his game. You play teh way you are. As simple as that. It simply isn't a great game to watch. People are wondering how this guy can have dominate so much. Besides his rubber band flexibility people can only get in awe about his retrieving ability. he has the good odd shot every now and then but they can clearly see that his opponents can match them easily.

And I think that's the same reasons why people don;t warm up to Murray either...though one might argue that Murray comes across as an unfriendly character making things worst almost.

I disagree.
It's propaganda.

If what you are sayng is true, how do then so many love or "warm up" to Nadal.

People warch and love Nole as he is a great defender.

And because he doesn't suck up to Nadal like Federer.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24797
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:37 pm

Pity about your girl nitb. If she gets herself a 2nd serve and improves her movement to the backhand she'll be here for a long time.

bogbrush

Posts : 1072
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:40 pm

bogbrush wrote:Pity about your girl nitb. If she gets herself a 2nd serve and improves her movement to the backhand she'll be here for a long time.
Well, she played her game and lost to a better, more experienced  player.

Venus' serve was what made the difference, everything else was on Ostapenko's side.

So, she can walk off CC proud and tall as always.

She's only just begun! love

noleisthebest

Posts : 24797
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by Tenez on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:14 pm

... wrote:

I disagree.
It's propaganda.

If what you are sayng is true, how do then so many love or "warm up" to Nadal.

People warch and love Nole as he is a great defender.

And because he doesn't suck up to Nadal like Federer.
Nadal is an icon. I don;t like his game, but his game is really unique, well rounded. His lasso FH looks great actually. Not a fan of his gutless game but he plays it with intensity, moves well, his slices and any of his shots don't look ugly.

Not my style, but I can see why people would fall for his game and more importantly his look and character....even I don't like any of it personally.

Tenez

Posts : 16996
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:23 pm

Tenez wrote:
... wrote:
I disagree.
It's propaganda.
If what you are sayng is true, how do then so many love or "warm up" to Nadal.
People warch and love Nole as he is a great defender.
And because he doesn't suck up to Nadal like Federer.
Nadal is an icon.
No he isn't.
It's propaganda.
People like you or Federer or Mac propping him into what he is not.
Federer does it because he has inferiority complex, you because you want to attract people from v2 to join or stay here, Mac, because he is paid to.

I don't need any of it so I can say it as it is.
Just like Nole once did - the guy is not an icon, he is beatable. And he proved it.

Even on red clay of Roland Garros in three sets.

Nadal is an icon in his own shoebox.

And in Rupert Murdoch machinery.

Really disappointed but not surprised you seem to be part of it.
Tenez wrote:
I don;t like his game, but his game is really unique, well rounded. His lasso FH looks great actually. Not a fan of his gutless game but he plays it with intensity, moves well, his slices and any of his shots don't look ugly.
Not my style, but I can see why people would fall for his game and more importantly his look and character....even I don't like any of it personally.

I leave aesthetics to appeal to each individual taste.

Mine he is not.

Everything bar his movement is ugly.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24797
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by Tenez on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:37 pm

... wrote:
Federer does it because he has inferiority complex, you because you want to attract people from v2 to join or stay here, ...
Do you really believe any of those 2 statements?

I m only trying to explain why Nadal has more fans than Djoko. To me it is obvious.

Look at Ostenpenko, she comes from a tiny country and will never get promoted because of her nationality, her "great look" or because mcEnroe says something about her.

You like her cause you like her game, her character and as mentioned they go hand in hand.

It's exactly why people do not warm up to Djoko. Lots of poeple love Nadal's game, I am surprised but I have also mentioned that even nadal when facing Davydenko, can find himself having the crowd against him cause at the end people see who has the more noble game.

I am afraid, Djoko has not a noble game, nothing to do with what McEnroe or John Lloyd tell us to believe.

Tenez

Posts : 16996
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:44 pm

Tenez wrote:
... wrote:
Federer does it because he has inferiority complex, you because you want to attract people from v2 to join or stay here, ...
Do you really believe any of those 2 statements?

I m only trying to explain why Nadal has more fans than Djoko. To me it is obvious.

Look at Ostenpenko, she comes from a tiny country and will never get promoted because of her nationality, her "great look" or because mcEnroe says something about her.

You like her cause you like her game, her character and as mentioned they go hand in hand.

It's exactly why people do not warm up to Djoko. Lots of poeple love Nadal's game, I am surprised but I have also mentioned that even nadal when facing Davydenko, can find himself having the crowd against him cause at the end people see who has the more noble game.

I am afraid, Djoko has not a noble game, nothing to do with what McEnroe or John Lloyd tell us to believe.
This is not about "Djoko" but Nadal.

Nadal's game and personality are ten times uglier than Nole's yet the world including Federer and you keep pretending it's not.

I couldn't care less about Federer, Nadal Nole put together.

But when it comes to honesty, apart from a few fake MTOs, Nole is way above Federer and Nadal.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24797
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:48 pm

Have to go with Tenez here, I can't stand Nadal but I can see why people do. I'm baffled at why anyone sides with Djokovic.

By the way, Konta really is a hideous creation of a tennis player. Utterly implanted routines and strokes, starting with that ridiculous service routine.

The endless, stupid ball bouncing was another reason I disliked Djokovic from the start.

bogbrush

Posts : 1072
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:53 pm

bogbrush wrote:Have to go with Tenez here, I can't stand Nadal but I can see why people do. I'm baffled at why anyone sides with Djokovic.

By the way, Konta really is a hideous creation of a tennis player. Utterly implanted routines and strokes, starting with that ridiculous service routine.

The endless, stupid ball bouncing was another reason I disliked Djokovic from the start.

Well, you are honest and consistent and I respect that.

You call spade a spade and stick by it.

What I can't stand is this bs-ing of commentators and media creating "icons" and "legends".

Ramming lies down people's throats.

Nadal is the biggest con in sports history.

Full stop.

His mother can like his FH. Not me.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24797
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:55 pm

Boy, Haleps outfit today really does show why she's so fast and can last so long. That girl is a piece of well put together muscle.

bogbrush

Posts : 1072
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:07 pm

Just had a peek at Halep-Konta...what rubbish tennis.

Ostapenko-Venus was a few leagues above this spinny muscling percentage slugfest.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24797
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by Tenez on Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:09 pm

... wrote:
bogbrush wrote:Have to go with Tenez here, I can't stand Nadal but I can see why people do. I'm baffled at why anyone sides with Djokovic.

By the way, Konta really is a hideous creation of a tennis player. Utterly implanted routines and strokes, starting with that ridiculous service routine.

The endless, stupid ball bouncing was another reason I disliked Djokovic from the start.

Well, you are honest and consistent and I respect that.

You call spade a spade and stick by it.

What I can't stand is this bs-ing of commentators and media creating "icons" and "legends".

Ramming lies down people's throats.

Nadal is the biggest con in sports history.

Full stop.

His mother can like his FH. Not me.
You can ram lies down people throat but you cannot force people to like someone. It's a lot of hard work. You can see they try hard with Murray but not many buy up. Try to sell Davydenko as well....hard work.

Nadal is easy to sell. Very easy actually. A bit like junk food. People love junk food (McDonalds for instance), in spite of being just that.
Neither you or me can do anything about that.

Tenez

Posts : 16996
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by gallery play on Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:47 pm

If you take the ugliest moves by the ugliest players of all time together, you'll get Konta.

But boy, she can fight!

gallery play

Posts : 2173
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by Tenez on Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:49 pm

lol...yeah....though we shoudl not underestimate the help a crowd sealed under a roof can bring.

Tenez

Posts : 16996
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by Tenez on Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:54 pm

Tenez wrote:lol...yeah....though we shoudl not underestimate the help a crowd sealed under a roof can bring.

And that last point confirms it!

Tenez

Posts : 16996
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by legendkillar on Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:30 am

I did see the match and saw what happened on Matchpoint. I have to say I dislike the crowd for calling out during a point, especially of that importance. However, wasn't it Halep who told Konta in no uncertain terms to man up under crowd pressure during the DC war? Simona as the proverb says "What's good for the goose is good for the gander" no sympathy from me.

legendkillar

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by Tenez on Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:36 am

And she "manned up". She did not whinge like Konta.

Tenez

Posts : 16996
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by legendkillar on Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:44 am

Halep, 25, said: “I was surprised that that lady was screaming. I thought he's going to repeat the point. I think it's normal to repeat the point when someone is screaming like that.”
But she added: “He said, ‘we cannot replay’. I cannot change anything. So why I should fight?”

Doesn't sound like a "manning up" up to me.

legendkillar

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Women's qf day prediciton game

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum