Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Will Nadal ever win a Tour Finals title?
Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 EmptyWed May 15, 2024 11:49 pm by Daniel2

» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 EmptyWed May 15, 2024 11:18 pm by Daniel2

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Armstrong might lose all his titles!

+9
noleisthebest
mikeyM1000
Larry Ellison
SayonaRa
Veejay
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
Tenez
laverfan
paulcz
13 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 Empty Re: Armstrong might lose all his titles!

Post by Veejay Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:50 pm

@ Laverfan...here I found it...:

Clinical studies show no compelling evidence that salbutamol and other β2-agonists can increase performance in healthy athletes.[8] In spite of this, salbutamol required "a declaration of Use in accordance with the International Standard for Therapeutic Use Exemptions" under the 2010 WADA prohibited list. This requirement was relaxed when the 2011 list was published to permit the use of "salbutamol (maximum 1600 micrograms over 24 hours) and salmeterol when taken by inhalation in accordance with the manufacturers’ recommended therapeutic regime." [9] [10]
According to two small and limited studies, performed on 8 and 16 subjects, respectively, salbutamol increases the performance even for a person without asthma.[11][12][13]

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 Empty Re: Armstrong might lose all his titles!

Post by noleisthebest Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:53 pm

Veejay wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:What's a "ponzy scheme" ?

A fake money making scandal/product that doesn't really work?

you mean all those magic hair-growth formulas Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 2033450363

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:04 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Veejay wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:What's a "ponzy scheme" ?

A fake money making scandal/product that doesn't really work?

you mean all those magic hair-growth formulas Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 2033450363

Laugh
Precisely...I even think the tooth paste I use is a ponzy scheme...my teeth aren't any whiter 2 weeks later!!!!
I even complained but then they told me I didn't read the small print!!

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:07 pm

Veejay wrote:
Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 2033450363
Precisely...I even think the tooth paste I use is a ponzy scheme...my teeth aren't any whiter 2 weeks later!!!!

And when you did, you realised your teeth had to be super-white in order fro the tooth-paste to work Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 2033450363

Just lke in those shaving gel ads, where a bloke shaves the already shaved face Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 2786941968

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:10 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Veejay wrote:

And when you did, you realised your teeth had to be super-white in order fro the tooth-paste to work Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 2033450363

Just lke in those shaving gel ads, where a bloke shaves the already shaved face Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 2786941968

Laugh Laugh
To be fair Gillette does shave incredibly close..they are hands down the best razors and Im not just saying that cause Roger endorses it Big Grin

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:11 pm

Veejay wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Veejay wrote:

Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 2033450363 Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 2033450363
To be fair Gillette does shave incredibly close..they are hands down the best razors and Im not just saying that cause Roger endorses it Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 364988687

I'll take your word for it Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 1071211947

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:21 pm

Armstrong to toothpaste ads. WOWArmstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 3692841837

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:32 am

A statement at www.itftennis.com read: 'The ITF accepted Mr Kendrick’s account of the circumstances surrounding his ingestion of methylhexaneamine, and accepted that he did not intend to enhance his performance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2020445/Robert-Kendrick-banned-taking-jetlag-tablet.html

Veejay wrote:According to two small and limited studies, performed on 8 and 16 subjects, respectively, salbutamol increases the performance even for a person without asthma.

Regarding Salbutamol, as you indicate, there is a specific dosage which is allowed. An 8- and 16-subject study is of very limited value. Winking

Were these subjects athletes or sedentary workers? Whistle I would be curious about the actual study, if you can provide a link.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:44 am

Tenez wrote:
SR wrote:Fall of a Sports Icon:

My Life With Lance Armstrong by Mike Anderson

“I was Lance’s personal assistant for two years, during
the height of his racing career. Do I think he cheated? Yep. But my real
problem is something that diehard fans seem unable to grasp: the vengeful
tactics he uses against people who tell the truth about him, on and off the
bike.”
11 pages to follow here:

http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/biking/road-biking/My-Life-With-Lance-Armstrong.html?page=1

PS: But the ex-American role model has still not been legally proven guilty by the Court, right? Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 2033450363

That is what in my view got him into trouble cause most of the racers and past champions are still supporting him so it's strange to have 10 or 12 former team mates ready to testify against him. Must have been a bad atmosphere in the team.

I see. I don't know his background well. Seems to me he's an all-round loser trying to outsmart his true destiny in vain. In the big picture one will ultimately get into trouble for grabbing what don't belong to him/her, regardless.

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by SayonaRa Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:46 am

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:
It will be like a freak show,every match could cary on for longer then the AO final this year,I mean the Isner/Mahut match wouldn't be unusual..

I think the AO final had almost everything a tennis could have and answers NITB question. Steroids, EPO, clenbuterol even...anything can help. Even small doses of meth would help a lot.

Do you mean Nole was on all that?

Not on all that but most likely on something.

Such as? Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 123628122

SayonaRa

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:05 am

SR wrote:
Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:
It will be like a freak show,every match could cary on for longer then the AO final this year,I mean the Isner/Mahut match wouldn't be unusual..

I think the AO final had almost everything a tennis could have and answers NITB question. Steroids, EPO, clenbuterol even...anything can help. Even small doses of meth would help a lot.

Do you mean Nole was on all that?

Not on all that but most likely on something.

Such as? Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 123628122

Whatever it is, its definitely gluten-free Laugh

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:42 pm

laverfan wrote:A statement at www.itftennis.com read: 'The ITF accepted Mr Kendrick’s account of the circumstances surrounding his ingestion of methylhexaneamine, and accepted that he did not intend to enhance his performance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2020445/Robert-Kendrick-banned-taking-jetlag-tablet.html

Veejay wrote:According to two small and limited studies, performed on 8 and 16 subjects, respectively, salbutamol increases the performance even for a person without asthma.

Regarding Salbutamol, as you indicate, there is a specific dosage which is allowed. An 8- and 16-subject study is of very limited value. Winking

Were these subjects athletes or sedentary workers? Whistle I would be curious about the actual study, if you can provide a link.
Unfortunately the link doesn't say if the guinea pigs were athletes or normal people,Im assuming they used athletes as the point of the experiment was to determine if Salbutamol was performance enhancing or not.I would actually like to know myself too

I was just reading through a little bit about methylhexaneamine,I thought the studies for that drug was inconclusive too ( cause someone told me) but I cant see anything that supports that

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:17 pm

Veejay wrote:I was just reading through a little bit about methylhexaneamine,I thought the studies for that drug was inconclusive too ( cause someone told me) but I cant see anything that supports that

It is considered very common amongst weightlifters. Winking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylhexanamine

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:51 pm

laverfan wrote:
Veejay wrote:
mikeyM1000 wrote:OMG people will be saying the earth is flat next. I want some of that stuff you're smokin.

Its pretty flat where I am.... Laugh

Please do not fall off the edge, VeeJay. Winking

Just been tickled by what the commentators were saying...
The Americans have put a man on the moon and a car on Mars,but yet they havent discovers covers for the courts at Flushing Meadows!

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:38 pm

USO are the most stupid organisers, they can probably learn a thing or few from London Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 1071211947

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:34 pm

Arthur Ashe is built on a landfill and cannot support the weight of a roof in it's current shape.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/tennis/story/2012-08-27/us-open-usta-says-there-will-be-a-roof-someday/57332858/1

Perhaps they can play USO at MSG, where Nadal is playing an exho with Del Potro. Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:05 pm

Armstrong banned from running U.S marathon!!

LANCE Armstrong's lifetime ban by the US Anti-Doping Agency will keep him from running next month's Chicago Marathon.

Marathon officials said on Friday that Armstrong never formally registered for the October 7 race. But he was considering running with Livestrong's charity team, runners who do the marathon as a fundraiser for the Lance Armstrong Foundation.

Preventing Armstrong from running with them is "frustrating and unfortunate," foundation president and CEO Doug Ulman said, and possibly could harm the group's fundraising efforts.

The marathon is sanctioned by USA Track and Field, and Armstrong's ban prevents him from entering any events organised, authorised or sanctioned by federations that follow the World Anti-Doping Agency's rules. Ironman France barred Armstrong for similar reasons after USADA filed doping charges against him in June.

"The code is very clear regarding the ineligibility of sanctioned athletes to compete in other sports," USATF spokeswoman Jill Geer said in an email.

"USATF is a signatory to the WADA code, and we confirmed with the US Anti-Doping Agency that Mr Armstrong's ban extends to track and field, road running and all of our sport's disciplines."

USATF sanctioning is important for the race beyond increasing its prestige. It guarantees that race results are formally recognised around the world, including records.

Armstrong has long denied doping, but chose last month not to fight the USADA charges. USADA wiped out 14 years of his results - including his record seven Tour de France titles - and barred him for life after concluding he used banned substances.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/lance-armstrong-banned-from-competing-in-chicago-marathon/story-fnd134gw-1226468247057

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:19 pm

Veejay wrote:Armstrong banned from running U.S marathon!!

LANCE Armstrong's lifetime ban by the US Anti-Doping Agency will keep him from running next month's Chicago Marathon.

Marathon officials said on Friday that Armstrong never formally registered for the October 7 race. But he was considering running with Livestrong's charity team, runners who do the marathon as a fundraiser for the Lance Armstrong Foundation.

Preventing Armstrong from running with them is "frustrating and unfortunate," foundation president and CEO Doug Ulman said, and possibly could harm the group's fundraising efforts.

The marathon is sanctioned by USA Track and Field, and Armstrong's ban prevents him from entering any events organised, authorised or sanctioned by federations that follow the World Anti-Doping Agency's rules. Ironman France barred Armstrong for similar reasons after USADA filed doping charges against him in June.

"The code is very clear regarding the ineligibility of sanctioned athletes to compete in other sports," USATF spokeswoman Jill Geer said in an email.

"USATF is a signatory to the WADA code, and we confirmed with the US Anti-Doping Agency that Mr Armstrong's ban extends to track and field, road running and all of our sport's disciplines."

USATF sanctioning is important for the race beyond increasing its prestige. It guarantees that race results are formally recognised around the world, including records.

Armstrong has long denied doping, but chose last month not to fight the USADA charges. USADA wiped out 14 years of his results - including his record seven Tour de France titles - and barred him for life after concluding he used banned substances.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/lance-armstrong-banned-from-competing-in-chicago-marathon/story-fnd134gw-1226468247057

Amazing!
I wonder why they've come on him like a ton of bricks and letting everyone else who they have been covering up for years off the hook...something fishy there

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:34 pm

Good point NITB,its quite a scandal and Armstrong seems to be the scape goat.But its not like he doesnt deserve everything thats been coming his way either

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:42 pm

Yes...but I think he has generated lots of hatred by threatening to sue everybody for years. He is just just reaping what he sowed.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Tenez wrote:Yes...but I think he has generated lots of hatred by threatening to sue everybody for years. He is just just reaping what he sowed.

Laugh

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 am

Tenez wrote:Yes...but I think he has generated lots of hatred by threatening to sue everybody for years. He is just just reaping what he sowed.

... and such everybodies have turned State's witness and been offered immunity. The State is protecting it's assets. Laugh

Tyler Hamilton says Lance Armstrong gave him an illegal blood booster before the 1999 Tour de France and that the teammates took blood transfusions together during the cycling race the following year.

Is Tyler Hamilton a toddler who can be fed an intravenous feed without knowing what he is doing? So the state has chosen to bargain with the dopers that it is accusing of using the dope? Collusion amongst thieves?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/31/tyler-hamilton-book-lance-armstrong-doping_n_1845982.html (unverified and unreliable internet. read at your own risk).

If they all used it, just because LA has the titles, he can be stripped and banned? What about TH, FL and many others? Where are they, writing a book and spilling their guts to make money of a doping crime. Why is TH's book not banned since he is benefitting from doping? The state has all the information it needs, who needs a book? Laugh

This is a travesty. I would put the entire team behind the bars for life, including LA, TH, FL, Vinko, JU, Valverde, et al..

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:50 am

laverfan wrote:
... and such everybodies have turned State's witness and been offered immunity. The State is protecting it's assets. Laugh

Do you have any evidence to show that they have been offered IMMUNITY? Now don't twist the context of the word. And yes I do have evidence to show they have NOT been given any immunity. A reduced punishment, but that's not immunity. State is not protecting its assets, its trying to catch ALL who have been involved. Trying not to catch others will be protecting its assets. Get the difference.

laverfan wrote:
Is Tyler Hamilton a toddler who can be fed an intravenous feed without knowing what he is doing? So the state has chosen to bargain with the dopers that it is accusing of using the dope? Collusion amongst thieves?

Who said Tylor hamilton is toddler? Who said he was innocent and without his knowledge he was given a dope? Nothing wrong here in trying to catch all thieves.

laverfan wrote:
If they all used it, just because LA has the titles, he can be stripped and banned? What about TH, FL and many others?

Get your facts right LF. Its not only LA who has any titles. TH, FL too have their's and they have all been taken away.

laverfan wrote:Where are they, writing a book and spilling their guts to make money of a doping crime. Why is TH's book not banned since he is benefitting from doping? The state has all the information it needs, who needs a book? Laugh

TH is not benefiting from doping, not now. Its not a book about Doping. Its about his side of the story. If people want to buy it, its their wish. He is not forcing anything on anyone or winning a competition by writing this book.

The book is not for the state. State may have the evidences or information, but people don't. If people feel they should know more about TH side of the story, they can read the book.

laverfan wrote:This is a travesty. I would put the entire team behind the bars for life, including LA, TH, FL, Vinko, JU, Valverde, et al..

Doping to win a tournament doesn't fall in any category of offense of a criminal nature. You can be stripped of your titles, prize money, but can't be put behind bars. Marion Jones served her sentence for perjury, not doping.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:28 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
laverfan wrote:

Do you have any evidence to show that they have been offered IMMUNITY? Now don't twist the context of the word. And yes I do have evidence to show they have NOT been given any immunity. A reduced punishment, but that's not immunity. State is not protecting its assets, its trying to catch ALL who have been involved. Trying not to catch others will be protecting its assets. Get the difference.

Tyler Hamilton was caught in 2005. In 2009 he was given an 8 year suspension. Landis has a 2-year suspension. Hincapie does not even appear in this list. Why do you think that is the case?

http://www.usada.org/sanctions/

(Surprising, there are 81 cycling offences in this list, perhaps the highest in number).

Found this fascinating...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nTTGGnw8ak

There are so many skeletons in the Cycling closet. Cry

This reminds me of three burglars showing up at a bank with guns and masks. One goes up to the cashier and demands money, on refusal shoots the teller in the shoulder. Another burglar, just threatens another teller. The third is standing guarding the door. All three are caught five years later.

The shooting burglar - lifetime with no chance of parole
The threatening burglar - 15 years, parole hearing after 5 years
The door-guarding burglar - 5 years, parole after 3, writing a book on the incident, and millions in movie rights.

laverfan wrote:

Who said Tylor hamilton is toddler? Who said he was innocent and without his knowledge he was given a dope? Nothing wrong here in trying to catch all thieves.

I assume that the punishments are commensurate. TH was caught in 2005/2009. IMVHO, he should have been given the same lifetime ban as LA, after the second offence. Does that in anyway address the LA case? No it does not.

laverfan wrote:
If they all used it, just because LA has the titles, he can be stripped and banned? What about TH, FL and many others?

Get your facts right LF. Its not only LA who has any titles. TH, FL too have their's and they have all been taken away.

Hincapie?

laverfan wrote:Where are they, writing a book and spilling their guts to make money of a doping crime. Why is TH's book not banned since he is benefitting from doping? The state has all the information it needs, who needs a book? Laugh

TH is not benefiting from doping, not now. Its not a book about Doping. Its about his side of the story. If people want to buy it, its their wish. He is not forcing anything on anyone or winning a competition by writing this book.

The book is not for the state. State may have the evidences or information, but people don't. If people feel they should know more about TH side of the story, they can read the book.

The book may not sell even a single copy. That is irrelevant. The question is the publisher's contract worth millions. Winking

laverfan wrote:This is a travesty. I would put the entire team behind the bars for life, including LA, TH, FL, Vinko, JU, Valverde, et al..

Doping to win a tournament doesn't fall in any category of offense of a criminal nature. You can be stripped of your titles, prize money, but can't be put behind bars. Marion Jones served her sentence for perjury, not doping.

The current laws are structured that way. It is always a dilemma, to punish punitively, or show leniency. Grr

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:26 pm

Today Nike announced that its breaking all its ties with Lance Armstrong.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/19978608

Nike, which added that it was "misled" by the American for more than a decade . This is funny.

But just few days back they were all backing him up with all their support.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/oct/11/lance-armstrong-case-nike-support

This clearly shows the integrity of multinational companies like Nike. All they care about is money and nothing else. When LA was bringing them their $$$ they were all supporting him. Now when he is left with nothing, they are dropping him like a dead fly.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:48 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:This clearly shows the integrity of multinational companies like Nike. All they care about is money and nothing else. When LA was bringing them their $$$ they were all supporting him. Now when he is left with nothing, they are dropping him like a dead fly.

I think sponsors like Nike are even worse. They could actually bribe the sport organisations to silence positive tests. It's no surprise that during the 3 years of Adam Helfant ATP reign, previously VP of Marketing at Nike, the number of out of competition tests and budget for anti-doping was reduced despite an 80% increase in renevue!!!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:06 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:This clearly shows the integrity of multinational companies like Nike. All they care about is money and nothing else. When LA was bringing them their $$$ they were all supporting him. Now when he is left with nothing, they are dropping him like a dead fly.

Nike would do the same if Federer or Nadal were found doping. Winking

PS: How many posters invest in financial markets here?

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:02 pm

ye i dabble in them now and again when i have nothing else to do.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:06 pm

Would like to find out how many posters here are employed by multi-nationals, or have investments in financial vehicles which may eventually end up supporting companies like Nike, Reebok, Adidas, Wilson, Head, Babolat, UniqLo, etc.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:31 pm

Not me! I used to be employed by a very big sw company: Oracle. Only through acquisition though. Could not stand it. They are like dinosaurs. Hopefully they will go instinct soon too.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:29 pm

laverfan wrote:Would like to find out how many posters here are employed by multi-nationals, or have investments in financial vehicles which may eventually end up supporting companies like Nike, Reebok, Adidas, Wilson, Head, Babolat, UniqLo, etc.

OH, don't go down that route, please....it's mind degrading....don't forget, we are discussing doping here.

Although I am not employed by any of them, I don't begrudge or envy their success, they were all once one man starter companies, that's capitalism for you, and as far as I can see you live in the States, so if it's that bad, you can always opt to move to Papua New Guinea and enjoy freedom from money and all the burden it crushes conscience with....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:38 am

Responsibility to share holders for a publicly-held company. Winking

Tenez wrote:They are like dinosaurs. Hopefully they will go instinct soon too.

In the seventies and eighties, when O was in it's infancy, Ellison used to travel as part of the Team and used to meet clients. I recall several meetings with ELXSI executives where he was present.

noleisthebest wrote:I don't begrudge or envy their success, they were all once one man starter companies, that's capitalism for you...

Capitalism, with social responsibility. Otherwise you have Bernie Madoffs, Raj Rajratanams, Bernie Ebbers, and many others.

noleisthebest wrote:you can always opt to move to Papua New Guinea and enjoy freedom from money and all the burden it crushes conscience with....

I do not have issues with money. PNG is still on this planet. Winking

It is unnecessary to berate corporations, because they exist to fulfill the needs of people, otherwise they would go out of business and some do. If Nike did not dissociate itself from LA, the public backlash would have probably caused it to fail.

BP's one mistake, or Exxon's, caused them to pay for it.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:00 pm

LA is now finished. UCI as expected agreed to USADA's decision to strip LA of all his tiltles including the 7 TDF. http://msn.foxsports.com/cycling/story/lance-armstrong-uci-cycling-governing-body-agrees-to-strip-titles-lifetime-ban-102212

They saved themselves and left LA to burn alone. Well. thats how it was going to be.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:14 pm

laverfan wrote:It is unnecessary to berate corporations, because they exist to fulfill the needs of people

Originally maybe but like everything that grows too big, it forgets its original goal(s) and becomes like a cancer out of control at the mercy of money and power.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:33 am

And here we have another dope tainted rider Alberto Contador managing his way out by making a settlement with UCI.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/cycling/2012/12/13/alberto-contador-uci-settle-request-for-fine/1767013/

UCI is such a corrupt body, they are now not even making any attempts to keep it all hidden. Looks like its all in a day's work for them.

Strange how a sport has completely become a marketing gimmick. I was losing all interesting on cycling but the way its run now, I rather watch wrestlers in WWF. At least they are honest about their show.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:07 pm

Yes, it's pretty depressing and disheartening how money is ruining sport (and music & film).
I just hope this Fuentes case doesn't turn out to be a complete flop, but am not holding my breath.
Spaniards have long been protected by certain political organisations in the shadows, which is why some people have been untouchable.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:31 pm

Not so long ago it seemed absurd to fight against professional sport in favour of amateur sport.

Nowadays we clearly see the extend of teh damage professional sport has done to what should have been healthy activities enjoyable to athletes and spectators.

I don't think there is one aspect that really can be saved nowadays. Talent has been replaced by power and doping, draws can be rigged, atheltes admit that sport at high level is not healthy and we know above all that athletes are not treated teh same which basically defeats the purpose of sport, and finally - probably most importantly - performances nowadays are completely out of reach of non professional athletes and we cannot relate in anyway to what those athletes achieve which was not the case in amateur sport.

We can now understand why some who probably had a better understanding of human nature were fighting against professional sport then.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:07 pm

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:06 pm

luvsports! wrote:crazy aussie met lance!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnx9mNpJllg

Oh I was expecting some tough questions and jeering, like fans did to Contador....Aussie was starstruck instead... Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 2786941968

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:52 pm

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:57 pm

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:27 pm

luvsports! wrote:such a good liar. http://www.newstalk.ie/reader/47.302.351/2852/0/
That guy really makes you sick!
Just like the entire US olympic team from the 80s.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:42 pm

luvsports! wrote:such a good liar. [url=http://www.newstalk.ie/reader/47.302.351/2852/0/
http://www.newstalk.ie/reader/47.302.351/2852/0/[/quote[/url]]

It"s an interesting watch in hindsight, as Amrstrong comes across as convincing in his claim that he hadn"t, and wouldn"t, dope.

Not a good liar by my standards I am afraod. No better than Bush or some of those tennis players. Only fans woudl fall for that kind of speech.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:50 pm

well millions around the world were fans of his so he is a good liar as he fooled so many, including many involved in the sport cough liggett cough climb out cough

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:32 pm

Rumors floating around that LA might confess to doping in hope that this could perhaps allow him to compete in triathlons and running.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/lance-armstrong-may-admit-to-doping-report/314044-5-23.html

Will he have the courage to tell it all? Everything? I don't think so. Even if he confesses he will try to pose as a 'victim' of the system and everyone else. He will throw cheap slanders on everyone and try to gain sympathy points.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:38 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Rumors floating around that LA might confess to doping in hope that this could perhaps allow him to compete in triathlons and running.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/lance-armstrong-may-admit-to-doping-report/314044-5-23.html

Will he have the courage to tell it all? Everything? I don't think so. Even if he confesses he will try to pose as a 'victim' of the system and everyone else. He will throw cheap slanders on everyone and try to gain sympathy points.

I find it staggering he can't man up and tell the truth....How much can one love himself... Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 2786941968

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:10 pm

if he does confess he could go to jail for perjury!
if he does i hope its a reveal all one that implicates everyone but i doubt it

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:56 pm

They should spare him jail if he agrees to talk. Like they waived the suspension for Odesnik.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:19 pm

you cannot compare LA and odesnik! (except taking drugs obvs)

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:30 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
I find it staggering he can't man up and tell the truth....How much can one love himself... Armstrong might lose all his titles! - Page 4 2786941968

I think his stubborness is more down to the contracts he still has and the money he may lose because of it than his ego.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next