Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
I Just Can't Help Believing! EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
I Just Can't Help Believing! EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
I Just Can't Help Believing! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
I Just Can't Help Believing! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
I Just Can't Help Believing! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
I Just Can't Help Believing! EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
I Just Can't Help Believing! EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
I Just Can't Help Believing! EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
I Just Can't Help Believing! EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

I Just Can't Help Believing!

5 posters

Go down

I Just Can't Help Believing! Empty I Just Can't Help Believing!

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:22 pm

...and isn't that wonderful!

Anyway, I hope you are all well.

And I know there is quite a few of "alls" around however echoy my voice of truth rings around here (just look at the clicks next to the thread he,he Big Grin)

So!

As I said, I just can't help believing...and thank God for that.

I was reading stg last night and this line  "...was going to teach sbd to dance real slow..." came up.

It made me think; teaching/learning to dance always came with a suggestion of some kind of laborious repetition work, speed and millions of rules for steps - have you ever seen those ridiculous near neurotic pro dancers?

So, dancing real slow as a suggestion of something ultimate really did  hit me!

And as it goes, one thing leads to another, and here I am...tuning in, picking up the cosmic waves and dancing slow with Elvis and Nole in Australia.

Actually, learning to, to be more precise.

I know I must be sounding wonkier and wonkier with these poetic excursions, but it doesn't matter. 

You've got plenty of tennisy, brainwashing stories around the web. 

Who needs AI with just about 80% of people parroting how humble Nadal is?  Yikes

What prompted me to actually come here this evening was the headline in which Murray says: " I can't wait to play with Novak", that is, in a few rounds at AO. And there was a photo of the two at the net, the handshake moment.

The photo showed Murray's bald patch, big upper body while Nole looked so much younger and springier on the other side.
And then I remembered years on forums here, there and everywhere in which people were frothing convincing me how Murray is better than Nole, better returner, better backhand bla bla bla....

The power of media is quite something, isn't it?

That is, unless you know the truth. And the truth will set you free!

IDEMO LEPI PO TITULU, IDEMOOOOOOOOO BREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

noleisthebest

Cule likes this post

Back to top Go down

I Just Can't Help Believing! Empty Re: I Just Can't Help Believing!

Post by Tenez Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:43 pm

Not me. I never believed Murray was better than Djokovic. I even believe Nole  is better than Nadal on clay...or let s say like Federer they have produced a better level on clay than Nadal ever reached even if less consistently than the latter. 

Anyway, I still don;t like your guy's game and though he plays better than in 2010s he still has a boring game. 

Wishing you a happy year though!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:02 pm

Well Nole definitively improved enough to beat Nadal twice in RG, with a more complete and a physically more efficient game...which he did much earlier on grass and hard as they were not as physically demanding as clay.

Not sure that Federer with his BH was ever going to beat Nadal in RG.

I quite liked Fognini's bursts of game/antics on clay, but there are likes and there is winning. Two different things.

Very, very happy Nole overtook them all. 
Despite all the roadblocks he's had in his way.

Covid AO and that BBC interview look like a bad dream now but they did happen and they are in every Nole's shot. And have been there from day one.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:26 pm

Nole should jave beaten Nadal in the 2015 FO already. PLus a few times before just saved by the rain. 

Of course Fed would have never lost a match v Nadal on clay with his 97inch racket and Djko would have not won a match against Fed before 2015. 

What's amazing is that Fed was competitive v those 2 in spite of playing with a 90inch racquet. We saw what happened to Nadal when Fed changed his racket and he was already 33 or 34!!!!

Djoko will not surpass Federer in people who the details of the game and when it comes to money and people s heart Fed is still way above Djoko.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:01 pm

I am not sure about "shoud've"s any more.

We all make/made mistakes in our lives, but should we have done better?
Maybe the better question is "could we have"? And the answer is - no.

We all do the best in the circumstances. I don't remember ever making a mistake deliberately.

Doing a timetravel and shoving a 97 inch racquet into Federer's hand on Chatrier vs Nadal is a bit absurd, don't you think?

Everything is a compounded learning experience.

I can see why a lot of people have Federer's game in their heart.

But I can also see that same man playing a charity tennis match with Bill Gates.

It's the same man.

Love is blind, on that we must all agree.

noleisthebest

Cule likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:04 pm

It's not a mistake to be born in a different era tennis wise.  It's a simple fact. It's not his mistake if they decide to change the rules (or not apply them) and conditions and draws, etc,,,

Anyway, you know enough about tennis to know that Federer is in a different planet talentwise. Whether you want to admit it is more an issue with yourself than a subject for discussion. This is in fact the reason  they changed the court conds and closed an eye on doping to allow the competition to catch up with the genius and make competitive matches instead of one sided virtuoso demonstration like Fed did up to 2005. 

Anyway, I am hardly watching tennis anymore. Maybe a couple of summaries per slam and nothing to be excited. 

Sinner is in my view the more talented out there for now.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:23 pm

Tenez wrote:It's not a mistake to be born in a different era tennis wise.  It's a simple fact. It's not his mistake if they decide to change the rules (or not apply them) and conditions and draws, etc,,,
...but it is a mistake if it takes you 10 years to change the racquet that suits the changed conditions.

Tenez wrote: Anyway, I am hardly watching tennis anymore. Maybe a couple of summaries per slam and nothing to be excited. 
Sinner is in my view the more talented out there for now.
I watch Nole and the matches around him and naturally still know what's going on.

Sinner will be interesting to watch when he adds a bit of all-court game, his game is authentic though, just like Medvedev's.

Rune is a bit morbid with that face (and the game that reflects it), whereas Alcatraz is a total disaster being frankensteined into a Nole/Nadal/Federer hybrid (in his head only). Even more painful are the pundits and media machinery, same as in Fedal era.
It's all forced and propped up, and tragic that people buy it.

All in all, the postcovid era has dehumanised even such a life-like game as tennis.

And since there is no going back, I am enjoying Nole's middlefingering the establishment as much as I can!

noleisthebest

Cule likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:12 pm

Federer won about 15 slams in those 10years so the decision to change racquet was not obvious. 

For Nadal and Djoko the strategy was much simpler: more muscles, less gluten. more "donkey milk", more red cells, better strings, better egg chamber and asthmatic inhaler etc..without mentioning slower vourt biggeer balls. etc..

We are blessed to have seen Federer win so much with a 90inch racquet. As a tennis fan you should never forget it. 

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:11 am

Tenez wrote:Federer won about 15 slams in those 10years so the decision to change racquet was not obvious

15/40 slams & the ridiculous negative H2H vs Nadal were not obvious?

It was only when Nadal caught up with Federer's slam record that he started thinking. So, the vanity moment, how funny!

And since his retirement, and this tiny historic perspective, Federer is beginning to remind me of Graf - the game of serve and great forehand that worked until Seles came on the scene.

Like everything, tennis kept moving on and Federer did everything to move with it. Except there was only so much he could do with his limited bh.

And that was it, very simple, he simply ran out of options for a man born in the early 80s.

And there is no shame in it. Nadal was the guy who stopped his dominance and he should have dealt with it a lot sooner than 2017.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:55 pm

He will be remembered as the best ever. The others 2 just as cheaters.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:33 pm

Nole is the best ever, end of story.

The rest is propaganda.

As for "cheaters", God bless Swiss dairy!
It's on a par with American dope-free superhumans.

noleisthebest

Cule likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:27 am

Tough to win v Medv. But am hoping that Sinner has what it takes.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:12 pm

I don't like either Medvedev or Sinner as persons, so, I don't really care who wins, even though they are both good players.

I can see they are in the fifth set now, and I am still not tempted to have a look.

This is a spiritual battle of two squids.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:56 pm

nitb stfu a little, Fed is the GOAT and also drop the spiritual/God crap, kiss smiley

Glad to see Sinner winning this while also beating Djokobitch so convincingly.

Obviously I've given up watching tennis since Fed quit playing it.

See you at RG.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:26 pm

Jahu wrote:nitb stfu a little, Fed is the GOAT and also drop the spiritual/God crap, kiss smiley

Glad to see Sinner winning this while also beating Djokobitch so convincingly.

Obviously I've given up watching tennis since Fed quit playing it.

See you at RG.
There is more to life than lying and using foul language to make yourself feel "alive".
You'll find out when you grow up.

noleisthebest

Jahu likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:02 am

Federer has twice the talent of Djok, if not more.

The reason Djok is more successful in slams is a combination of

1. Being younger than Fed, so Fed is now retired
2. The weakest era (last 10 years) there has EVER been in tennis
3. Courts slowed down year on year, and now allow baseline slugging.

You can believe all you want that Djok is the greatest, but he's just benefiting from a pathetically weak era - and conditions that were deliberately changed to aid him and Nadal - to create a level playing field with Fed, who was unstoppable.

You can't seriously look at Tomic, Raonic, Nishikori, Tistispas, Theim, Dimitrov, Medvedev, and Zverev - and tell me with a straight face that they are world beaters.  Just the other day, Zverev lost from 2 sets up - 0 up, then Medvedev became the only man in the Open Era to lose from 2-0 up in 2 finals!  

We're talking about bottle jobs here, pal. 

Luckily Sinner and Alcaraz are around - and Djok has just had a total ass kicking that he should have been receiving a long time ago.  He's on his way out.

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:00 pm

Daniel2 wrote:Federer has twice the talent of Djok, if not more.

You can believe all you want that Djok is the greatest, but he's just benefiting from a pathetically weak era - and conditions that were deliberately changed to aid him and Nadal - to create a level playing field with Fed, who was unstoppable.

You can't seriously look at Tomic, Raonic, Nishikori, Tistispas, Theim, Dimitrov, Medvedev, and Zverev - and tell me with a straight face that they are world beaters.  Just the other day, Zverev lost from 2 sets up - 0 up, then Medvedev became the only man in the Open Era to lose from 2-0 up in 2 finals!  

Luckily Sinner and Alcaraz are around - and Djok has just had a total ass kicking that he should have been receiving a long time ago.  He's on his way out.

Says someone who claims the tennis player who blew double match points at 40:15 THREE TIMES! is better than Nole...

Why do you think Federer and Nadal feared Nole so much?

Because he was younger, less talented....come on! Cool

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:57 pm

Because he was fitter thanks to donkey milk! ! hence the added pressure when you have 2 MP in the final sets! He did not miss those MPs in the 3rd or 4th set...did he? 

Anyway either you lied to yourself for years then or lie to yourself now! But somehow there is something not quite right!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:17 pm

Tenez wrote:Because he was fitter thanks to donkey milk! ! hence the added pressure when you have 2 MP in the final sets! He did not miss those MPs in the 3rd or 4th set...did he? 

Anyway either you lied to yourself for years then or lie to yourself now! But somehow there is something not quite right!

You are a bad loser, just like Federer.

Nole is the best, with a fenomenal return and big balls, Federer has always been aware of that.
He was a big-headed swiss snob, nothing is a coincidence, esp those 6 MPs.

You can call me a liar, pretend Federer didn't dope like the rest of professional athletic world, but you know I am right.

Cold facts.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:31 am

noleisthebest wrote:

Djokovic and his fans have been massive sore winners about the W2019 40-15 moment.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:40 pm

N2D2L wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Djokovic and his fans have been massive sore winners about the W2019 40-15 moment.
I'll let you into a secret, Amri: life is beautiful! Winking
p.s.
relaaaaaax

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:11 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
You can call me a liar, pretend Federer didn't dope like the rest of professional athletic world, but you know I am right.

I don;t call you a liar. Lying to yourself is not lying. 

So you recognise he is a doper! 

Good. So when you say he is the best do you mean the best doper?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:53 pm

I don't want this conversation to descend into personal insults, because it's childish and I am not interested in it.

I am not bitter about the injustices and horrible treatment Nole endured during his career. God vindicated him and rewarded him.

And that is beautiful.

You seem to be continually justifying (relative) lack of success your favourite player has had.

If you really loved his play, you wouldn't care if others had more or less trophies, you'd know inside you that nothing else mattered.

That's how I felt when Nole was brutalised in Australia in 2022. By the whole world, the establishment, australian government, and worst of all just about ALL of his colleagues.

Only Rublev and Zverev (and Kyrgios) stood by him.

Nole was prepared to end his career and be behind his biggest rivals forever. And for me, he would still be the best, he always has been, because he simply is.

All the constructs to prop your view all these years are just your views.
We all know that nobody is perfect and there are only forgiven sinners (those who asked for forgiveness).
Those who haven't are the ones that don't have peace and keep ranting and claiming the world is unjust.

Of course it is. The Bible says so.

But at least walk through this transitory section called "life" upright and without regrets.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:31 pm

I can happily support Nole for his view and fight against that dodgy vax. 

I have made that clear. I have nothing against him. 

But I created this forum for tennis and tennis wise we know who was the best or better player. 

You know my thoughts on this . On this planet heros lose but create eternal dream. Federer did just that  tenniswise.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:04 am

noleisthebest wrote:
Daniel2 wrote:Federer has twice the talent of Djok, if not more.

Says someone who claims the tennis player who blew double match points at 40:15 THREE TIMES! is better than Nole...

Why do you think Federer and Nadal feared Nole so much?

Because he was younger, less talented....come on! Cool

If you weren't a deluded dick head up Nole's rectum, you'd ask how it is Fed was 2 champ points away of beating Nole - as a grandpa.  Federer is leagues ahead of Nole in all 3 surfaces.  Esp Grass.  And he's leagues ahead of Nadal in 2 of the surfaces.

Nole's claim to fame is beating up Dimitrov, Kyrgios, Raonic, Tomic, Nishikori - and the rest of these worthless losers.  Federer 2004-7 would wipe the floor with your hero.   But Nole's day is coming to an end.

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:06 am

Also Nole beating Fed that day also required a lot of luck - and it wasn't even by a clear game, since the rules were dumbed down further since they slowed down the courts and now whine it "goes on for too long".

Think about it.  Federer well past his peak, and aged, took your hero to 2 champ points on a slow dumbed down grass surface.

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:48 am

Daniel2 wrote:Also Nole beating Fed that day also required a lot of luck - and it wasn't even by a clear game, since the rules were dumbed down further since they slowed down the courts and now whine it "goes on for too long".

Think about it.  Federer well past his peak, and aged, took your hero to 2 champ points on a slow dumbed down grass surface.

Nole regularly taught both Federer and Nadal tennis lessons on ALL surfaces.

Nadal owned Federer until 2017.

You can blame the sky for being blue to cause all this to happen, but it's all facts.
NOLE IS THE BEST. End of story. Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:43 pm

As long as you can still enjoy watching Federer's game on youtube. 

No one watches the other players game if Fed is not involved.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel2 Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:25 am

NITB world coming apart now the jig's up and the aura around Djok has evaporated.

Daniel2

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm

Daniel2 wrote:NITB world coming apart now the jig's up and the aura around Djok has evaporated.

Doh

Add some style if you want to wind me up...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum