Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Will Nadal ever win a Tour Finals title?
US open prediction game - day 12 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2024 11:49 pm by Daniel2

» I Just Can't Help Believing!
US open prediction game - day 12 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2024 11:18 pm by Daniel2

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
US open prediction game - day 12 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
US open prediction game - day 12 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
US open prediction game - day 12 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
US open prediction game - day 12 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
US open prediction game - day 12 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
US open prediction game - day 12 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
US open prediction game - day 12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

US open prediction game - day 12

+3
Jahu
Veejay
luvsports!
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

US open prediction game - day 12 - Page 2 Empty Re: US open prediction game - day 12

Post by Jahu Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:43 am

Well well, Ninja has lost it's sword.

Stan with a good chance to beat Djoko.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

US open prediction game - day 12 - Page 2 Empty Re: US open prediction game - day 12

Post by Daniel Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:32 am

Nishi lost for the reasons he always loses:

1. Mediocre serve, especially at crucial times.
2. Poor nerves and shot selection at crucial times (like 40-0 on Stan's serve in set 2).
3. Poor fitness. He was knackered.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:17 am

Well on first set he was flying, guess Stan woke up.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:18 am

Well he beat Murray at the USO while Stan lost to Murray at the FO.

He lost cause he was tired. As simple as that. This is a typical tired score. he showed he was better (a set and a break up) but coudl not sustain it.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:20 am

Nishi, like Fed the talent to play really fast, that's what he was doing against Murray.

Last night against Stan (1st set) he was not as fast...just enough to win his points...maybe that allowed Stan to find his feet and ultimately range.

Why was Nishi playing slower...only he knows...maybe the conditions really were very tough/super humid and he was trying to save energy.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:22 am

But a smaller, lighter player like Nishi should stand conditions better then a heavy player like Stan.

And against Andy, it wasn't like one of those 6h Nadal-Djoko matches.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:26 am

Jahu wrote:But a smaller, lighter player like Nishi should stand conditions better then a heavy player like Stan.

People underestimate how much flying atracking tennis takes out of a player.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:44 am

Jahu wrote:But a smaller, lighter player like Nishi should stand conditions better then a heavy player like Stan.

Good point and when I said earlier in this thread that "Stan impresses me", I meant how he was able to do so much running in those conditions. Nishi really moved him around for a set and a half but Stan managed to keep going.

But the reason is simple. Stan has natural safe power so when they both got tired, the thinner margins of Nishi produced more UEs and therefore had to play safer which allowed Stan to dominate and make th emost of his natural power.

In a way very similar to his 2015 FO final v Djoko. A tired Djoko coudl not keep up with Stan's pacy shots. Exactly what happened to Federer v Delpotro in USO 2009,

If it is as humid Sunday Stan has actually a very good chance to win his 1st USO!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:11 pm

Stan has the best backhand in the whole game these days.  It's not that he was a better runner - he killed Nishikori.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:08 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
FedererKing wrote:I am really not seeing where all your confidence on him is coming from.  I think it's wishful thinking. A 31 year old Wawrinka is killing him - and as I said, he's had chances.  He was 40-0 up on wawrinkas serve in set 2 and couldnt do it.  Glad he isnt gonna be in final - he'd hand it to djok.

Wawrinka won't.

Watch Stan get nervous as match goes on.

Stan isn't some nobody. He's killed Novak in a slam final - and he's won 2 slams. He isn't going to "get nervous".  He's a proven winner.

I know Stan is a great player, but Nishi is better on this surface.
I only saw the first and a tiny bit in the 2nd, (kept dropping off), and although Nishi was not as aggressive as against Murray - he was winning with ease, having Stan on the back foot.

At the moment, best of Nishi doesn't beat best of Stan.. Stan can give a few lose games, going for crazy shots and losing focus.  he is often a slow starter and in most matches the first one to get broken.. So Nishi winning the first set wasn't too surprise to me..

But the recovery Stan made then on after being a set and a 0-2 break down was remarkable. He often picks up his game as the match goes on. And I can totally count on him to recover even after a set down.. He has done on numerous occasions.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:57 pm

Let's not forget Nishi is still "only" 26, nearly 5 years younger tham  Stan.

Where was Stan in 2011?

Did any of us dream he'd hold two slams back then?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:14 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
FedererKing wrote:I am really not seeing where all your confidence on him is coming from.  I think it's wishful thinking. A 31 year old Wawrinka is killing him - and as I said, he's had chances.  He was 40-0 up on wawrinkas serve in set 2 and couldnt do it.  Glad he isnt gonna be in final - he'd hand it to djok.

Wawrinka won't.

Watch Stan get nervous as match goes on.

Stan isn't some nobody. He's killed Novak in a slam final - and he's won 2 slams. He isn't going to "get nervous".  He's a proven winner.

I know Stan is a great player, but Nishi is better on this surface.
I only saw the first and a tiny bit in the 2nd, (kept dropping off), and although Nishi was not as aggressive as against Murray - he was winning with ease, having Stan on the back foot.

At the moment, best of Nishi doesn't beat best of Stan.. Stan can give a few lose games, going for crazy shots and losing focus.  he is often a slow starter and in most matches the first one to get broken.. So Nishi winning the first set wasn't too surprise to me..

But the recovery Stan made then on after being a set and a 0-2 break down was remarkable. He often picks up his game as the match goes on. And I can totally count on him to recover even after a set down.. He has done on numerous occasions.
will that be enough against djokovi this time round?
doesnt look like hes in the same form as he was when he won RG but then again in both grand slam finals that he won beating nadal and djokovic,he raised his game to a completely different level from the semi final

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:45 am

Stan has a chance tomorrow. Djoko doesn't seem on top form but the key will be the humidity. I reckon Djoko woudl have lost against Stan or Nishi on Friday......That Monfils took a set playing awful says it all.

Remember Nishi beat Djoko in the US because of humidity too. So the weather is going to have a big role. We want humidity and a closed roof.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:01 am

While Stan relaxes before crushing Djoko, this looks good fun:

http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/roger-federer-goes-back-in-time-in-new-commercial-w434827

Of course, nobody dare and by Peugeot crap that Djoko sells  Whistle

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:27 am

Djok is also suffering with his shoulder. Although, he is a prima donna - and factoring his "injury" in last time was what made me get it so wrong.

Last edited by FedererKing on Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:35 am

noleisthebest wrote:Let's not forget Nishi is still "only" 26, nearly 5 years younger tham  Stan.

Where was Stan in 2011?

Did any of us dream he'd hold two slams back then?

He's more of an exception than the rule. Just because he did it (not many players over 28 do) does not mean Nishikori will.  In fact, he's less likely to because of the serve. Wawrinka is a far more complete player.  He has a devastating weapon - his backhand - and his whole game is consistent. His serve is solid. The only ingredient he was missing was mental strength, but a new coach solved the problem.  The sad thing for Stan is had he fixed that part of his game years ago, he'd now probably have 5 or so slams. Who knows?

If Nishikori can get fitter, play smarter, and solve the serve - he can do it.  But the serve is something I don't see him ever coming to grips with.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2