Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Grass - 2017
Today at 11:18 pm by Daniel

» The GOAT conversation will reboot...
Today at 11:11 pm by Daniel

» Why test sportspeople for cocaine?
Today at 11:06 pm by Daniel

» I can't fucking stand Zverev's game
Today at 10:29 pm by ...

» U.S Election
Today at 9:14 pm by Veejay

» Wimbledon 2017 Talk
Yesterday at 12:48 am by legendkillar

» Grass Season - Expectations
Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:55 am by DECIMA

» Cristiano Ronaldo statue
Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:08 am by Veejay

» Federer Definitely Has Stocholm Syndrome!
Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:15 pm by Daniel

June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by gallery play on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:52 am

Tenez wrote:No golden Masters for Djoko, no number 2 spot for Murray! What a result
salut mon ami! Beer

gallery play

Posts : 1938
Join date : 2012-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Veejay on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:53 am

at 34 years old federer still cant be beaten  Big Grin
on  serious note,looking in great shape for the u.s open
as long as his back doesnt prohibit him,i reckon he could make the final

Veejay

Posts : 3068
Join date : 2012-06-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Tenez on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:55 am

Federer...."we have both improved a lot over the years".

Tenez

Posts : 15998
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Tenez on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:55 am

gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:No golden Masters for Djoko, no number 2 spot for Murray! What a result
salut mon ami! Beer
Bonne semaine!

Tenez

Posts : 15998
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by gallery play on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:58 am

Veejay wrote:at 34 years old federer still cant be beaten  Big Grin
on  serious note,looking in great shape for the u.s open
as long as his back doesnt prohibit him,i reckon he could make the final

Bo5 is a different story. Especially in NY, that's were most players reach peak form.
Let's just skip the USO and move on to Bo3 indoor, i'm very much enjoying this run Big Grin

gallery play

Posts : 1938
Join date : 2012-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Tenez on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:58 am

Veejay wrote:at 34 years old federer still cant be beaten  Big Grin
on  serious note,looking in great shape for the u.s open
as long as his back doesnt prohibit him,i reckon he could make the final
As much as he is impressive...you can see with him how quickly he loses energy....he was knackered at the end of that second set....so lining 7 matches of bo5 will be a real challenge.....he won't be able to win them as easily as Wimbledon.

Tenez

Posts : 15998
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Tenez on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:00 am

he can win teh USO.....but Murray and Djoko need to destroy each other.

Tenez

Posts : 15998
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Tenez on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:02 am

Flemming about Djoko: "He is going to comeback 5 more times in Cincy as number 1 to win it. " erm

Tenez

Posts : 15998
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Tenez on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:05 am

Did you hear that ? Pagnini, Fed's trainer, is not allowed to write a book about Fed's training method..until Fed retires!

Tenez

Posts : 15998
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by luvsports! on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:05 am

NO2 RANKING BACK BABY! Big Grin

luvsports!

Posts : 3852
Join date : 2012-09-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by gallery play on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:11 am

Tenez wrote:Did you hear that ? Pagnini, Fed's trainer, is not allowed to write a book about Fed's training method..until Fed retires!
It's not a big deal, Fed is not injured often (thanks to his playing style) but is not known for his amazing fitness. Djoko's methods and corresponding results are much more the holy grail of fitness

gallery play

Posts : 1938
Join date : 2012-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Tenez on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:32 am

gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:Did you hear that ? Pagnini, Fed's trainer, is not allowed to write a book about Fed's training method..until Fed retires!
It's not a big deal, Fed is not injured often (thanks to his playing style) but is not known for his amazing fitness. Djoko's methods and corresponding results are much more the holy grail of fitness

I was about to start a topic on Djoko's fitness. It's absolutely amazing, especially his court speed....but he was not known for that before 2011....Where did it suddenly come from? Or is it the slight improvement which made the whole difference?

Tenez

Posts : 15998
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by luvsports! on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:39 am

DOnkey milk ftw....

luvsports!

Posts : 3852
Join date : 2012-09-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Tenez on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:39 am

luvsports! wrote:NO2 RANKING BACK BABY! Big Grin
And deservedly really. As i was saying yeterday, Murray lost the last 10 sets v Fed!!! That's no coincidence!


Last edited by Tenez on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Tenez

Posts : 15998
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Tenez on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:42 am

luvsports! wrote:DOnkey milk ftw....
Or Dr Igor Cetojevic.......The Quantum Medium professor! Winking

Tenez

Posts : 15998
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Daniel on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:44 am

Age 34, Beats Wn1 and 2, and doesn't lose serve all tournament.  Surely a record?

Still a lot of errors on backhand and forehand that would not have happened in prime, and 1st serve % was again rather poor (below 60%).  Needs to improve for US.

Daniel

Posts : 2430
Join date : 2013-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Tenez on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:02 am

FedererKing wrote:Still a lot of errors on backhand and forehand that would not have happened in prime, and 1st serve % was again rather poor (below 60%).  Needs to improve for US.
Whistle

Tenez

Posts : 15998
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by luvsports! on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:09 am

I think ypu're being very harsh FK!

luvsports!

Posts : 3852
Join date : 2012-09-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Daniel on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:52 am

Tenez wrote:
FedererKing wrote:Still a lot of errors on backhand and forehand that would not have happened in prime, and 1st serve % was again rather poor (below 60%).  Needs to improve for US.
Whistle

Nothing I have said there is inaccurate.  His prime years were far more deadly and his 1st serve % was massively better overall, especially in big moments.  His new serve and volley game has balanced out the deficit, but the deficit is still there.  Had he been playing the serve and volley in his prime as much as this, he could have been even more deadly.  But back then he didn't need to do because he was hitting winners left right and centre, something he does not do anywhere near as much now.

It's realism.

To do what he is doing at 34 years of age is something that will likely not be replicated again for a very long time.  I have nothing but admiration for once again going through a Masters event without being broken.  But at Slam level, that serve % HAS to be higher and the backhand must improve.  I don't think he can fix the latter to be as good as it used to be, but we know his serve can be hit and miss now.  He needs it to be 'hit' at the US in the bigger matches.

I've never let a win cloud my judgement.  I look at the stats and the overall standard.

His 1st serve was a massive weakness in 2014 and 2015 Wimbledon finals.

Daniel

Posts : 2430
Join date : 2013-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Daniel on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:02 am

And if you think what Federer is doing at 34 is normal, think again:

http://tennis28.com/titles/masters_series_age.html

Daniel

Posts : 2430
Join date : 2013-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Tenez on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:24 am

FedererKing wrote:And if you think what Federer is doing at 34 is normal, think again:

http://tennis28.com/titles/masters_series_age.html
I am not sure what you mean by that.

Tenez

Posts : 15998
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Tenez on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:37 am

FedererKing wrote:Nothing I have said there is inaccurate.  His prime years were far more deadly and his 1st serve % was massively better overall, especially in big moments.  His new serve and volley game has balanced out the deficit, but the deficit is still there.  Had he been playing the serve and volley in his prime as much as this, he could have been even more deadly.  But back then he didn't need to do because he was hitting winners left right and centre, something he does not do anywhere near as much now.
What has his 1st serve percentage got anything to do with whether he is playing better or worse than 2006? His serving % was simply excellent in his WImby semi v Murray..and not as good in the final....there is not much to say about it. But the main point is that you are still comparing Fed with Fed....whereas Fed has to compare himself v 20y Djoko or Murray v peak 28yo Djoko or Murray. That's his challenge. It would not have helped him today to think he was better in 2006 as he is facing very different candidates. He has to move on and improve...or become a Nalbandian, a Hewitt or a Roddick...that is the harsh reality of the tour that fans don't quite get. Asks Nadal! he can also tell you a thing or 2 about the tour constantly improving .

That's It's realism.! Not what you or I might think of how good a player was back then.


To do what he is doing at 34 years of age is something that will likely not be replicated again for a very long time.  I have nothing but admiration for once again going through a Masters event without being broken.  But at Slam level, that serve % HAS to be higher and the backhand must improve.  I don't think he can fix the latter to be as good as it used to be, but we know his serve can be hit and miss now.  He needs it to be 'hit' at the US in the bigger matches.
He is too old to win slams....unless he avoids playing Murray AND Djoko. That's where age hurts....otherwise on the day he can play as well as ever. But long successive strenuous matches....too tough....as we saw again at Wimbledon.


I've never let a win cloud my judgement.  I look at the stats and the overall standard.
I wish that was true! It's all those 2005/6/7 wins which are really clouding your judgement. Even federer said today he and Djoko improved a lot over those years of playing each others.

Tenez

Posts : 15998
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Tenez on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:59 am

Interesting piece of interview from Fed...after the Murray match.

Q. With tomorrow being a rematch of the Indian Wells final, have you reviewed that match and tried to evaluate what happened there?
ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I don't think I'll look much at Indian Wells. It's too slow, so I think it's too easy to just get into these rallies time and time again.
I think here it's faster. The power plays and the attacking plays pay off way more than over there. So, yeah, you got to look on the maybe Dubai or Wimbledon for that matter.
But I don't know what the plan is for Severin, my coach, what he's going to have me look at or talk about. But we've played quite a bit lately with Novak, so I think we both know what that expect.

Q. You've done so much here, but how much would a seventh title mean here?
ROGER FEDERER: Well, it would be great to win another Masters 1000, especially here in Cincinnati. Going for my seventh here is just great. It's wonderful to be another finalists because coming here‑‑ I don't want to say I was not well‑prepared, but actually now I'm perfectly prepared for the finals.
I've been practicing and away from the game since Wimbledon. It's not that long, but in tennis terms one month is a long time. I'll give it all I have tomorrow. It's going to be tough. Couldn't ask for a tougher opponent than Novak.
Hopefully I can take advantage of the fact that I'm fresh and ready to go.

Q. You talk about admiring as a fan when you're watching. What do you admire about Djokovic as a fan or Murray?
ROGER FEDERER: No, I watch tennis as a fan. I like his game, don't get me wrong. But if I watch it, it's watching tennis as a fan. Anybody could be playing really. I just like watching tennis. It's exciting. Great shots. I like what Dolgopolov did. Sometimes takes the ball really early.
I practiced with him in Dubai the last couple years as well in the off‑season, so I know him quite well.
And then Novak, we know what he can do in defense and you appreciate those moments when he gets that one more ball back and one more back. He moves defense into offense within a blink of an eye. It's just nice to watch.
Then you want the people to get into it. Good atmosphere. Beautiful weather today. That's what I meant, watching tennis as a fan.

Tenez

Posts : 15998
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by ... on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:51 am

I had a great time at the Globe and enjoyed the play more than I thought I would've.
Richard II is a tragedy that talks about futility of power, relinquishing and dealing with it.

I was checking the scores on my phone as well as comments here...so the tragedy was complete! Winking

I wish I saw how Roger played, I hoped to glean it from your comments, but it was just classic fanboys' stuff...Laugh

I suppose I'll have to watch a replay.

I am not a "told you so" type, but can't help myself this time!

I am soooo happy Federer proved just about everyone
wrong: his own fans, his anti-fans, stupid pundits, even stupider journalists...

No, he has not declined, his tennis is better than ever.
I leave it to Tenez to conti ue to convince you all, I'll just sit back and enjoy his tennis.

Champagne every day, while the stock lasts.

To one and only - Maestro! Bubbly

...

Posts : 23872
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Daniel on Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:09 am

A first serve is crucial to winning, Tenez.  The fact Federer's first serve is nothing like it was has already cost him at least one of those Wimbledon titles.  It was a shocking service game or three that did it.  He never used to have those blips.  I am not sure why you persist in believing that Federer at 34 is as good or even better than he used to be. He just isn't, and the 1st serve % is one of the figures that stand out a mile in the Slams.

He's still competing, but in the Slams he is being found out a whole lot more because of dodgy serve, weaker backhands, and misfiring forehands.  Cincinnati is faster than the US, as well.  In other words, consistency needs to be all the greater.  You cannot allow for low % first serves and misfiring shots in a best of 5 slower surface.

Federer will need to be at the top of his game to win it.  If he plays like he did today, he will fall short.

Daniel

Posts : 2430
Join date : 2013-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Tenez on Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:18 am

An interesting stat for you FK!

If Cilic does not retain his USO title....there is a great chance that the average age of the top 10 will be over 30yo after the USO!!!


Tenez

Posts : 15998
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Tenez on Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:31 am

FedererKing wrote:A first serve is crucial to winning, Tenez. 
Obviously not cause he won today without the great serve %.
The fact Federer's first serve is nothing like it was has already cost him at least one of those Wimbledon titles.
 WHat about the returner? He has no say in it?

He never used to have those blips
. Do you mean against Ginepri, Rudseski or Kiefer? Cause that's who he was playing 10 years ago!
I am not sure why you persist in believing that Federer at 34 is as good or even better than he used to be.
Strange you come up with that stat, as there is one area where not many woudl argue about improvement is his serve.

He's still competing, but in the Slams he is being found out a whole lot more because of dodgy serve, weaker backhands, and misfiring forehands. 
None of that. He is being found out cause he recovery time increases.  

Federer will need to be at the top of his game to win it.  If he plays like he did today, he will fall short.
Frankly, considering you believe he declined since 2005, I wonder what chance you would have given him to beat the running world number 1 and 2 in the same tournament 10 years from then. Imagine if we had had this dicussion 10 years ago and you woudl have told me that in 2006 fed would be declining from now on...just to see 10 years on he can inflict lessons to the top players like no other younger player can!

Tenez

Posts : 15998
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Tenez on Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:37 am

you are aware Federer lost to 18yo Murray in that same tournament exactly 10 years ago?!

Tenez

Posts : 15998
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by truffin1 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:48 am

Fantastic Match from fed. You only have to look at fed vs Murray/djikovic at indianwells/ Miami. Vs. Dubai/Cinci to see what the absurd slowing of surfaces has affected who is successful or not. Cahill talked during the Match and after with federer himself at the ESPN desk about how the grittier U.S. open of past couple years and the Wilson balls used there vs the Cincinnati penns will Make it more difficult for fed. Fed seemed almost resigned to the fact that he would be handicapped by the purposeful slowing of U.S. open.

Maybe that's why he celebrated this win like he did. Has anyone even seen him go into his box like that before? I can't remember it. He seemed to really savor it with his wife and kids.

Happy for him.

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Daniel on Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:48 am

Tenez wrote:you are aware Federer lost to 18yo Murray in that same tournament exactly 10 years ago?!

In a slam?  No. And exceptions do not make rules.  Federer won 3 of 4 slams every year 04-07 and made the final of the other.  He did so because he was playing like a god.  Today, he is very good but no longer great.  The gulf between what he is now and what he was then is huge.


 WHat about the returner? He has no say in it?

First serve % has nothing to do with the returner (I am talking about 1st serves IN).  And the returner is largely buggered when 120 mph shots are coming at him 70%+ of the time, instead of 55.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-TZeGkEQWc

It's frightening how good he used to be.  That first set has around 20 winners to 7 unforced.  And look at the foot speed, power and placement.  2005 Federer would utterly annihilate the 2015 version.  In particular, note the crazy amount of winners and shots from the backhand.  He can't do that today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRbyCRBJjuQ

Look at the very first backhand.


Last edited by FedererKing on Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:18 pm; edited 3 times in total

Daniel

Posts : 2430
Join date : 2013-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by ... on Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:09 am

truffin1 wrote:Fantastic Match from fed.  You only have to look at fed vs Murray/djikovic at indianwells/ Miami. Vs.   Dubai/Cinci to see what the absurd slowing of surfaces has affected who is successful or not.   Cahill talked during the Match and after with federer himself at the ESPN desk about how the grittier U.S. open of past couple years and the Wilson balls used there vs the Cincinnati penns will Make it more difficult for fed.    Fed seemed almost resigned to the fact that he would be handicapped by the purposeful slowing of U.S. open.
Maybe that's why he celebrated this win like he did. Has anyone even seen him go into his box like that before? I can't remember it. He seemed to really savor it with his wife and kids.
Happy for him.

Absolutely, and not just in USO.

The smooth, gliding tennis he was producing all week in Cinci is impossible on sandy courts.

I sincerely hope this tournament will be a landmark, a hinge on which things may turn.
Like AO 2012 final was for time between the points.
TDs  may at least change balls.

Who didn't enjoy Fed's and Dolgos's magic this week?

Even Lopez made the most of it...

I like light feet but much prefer quick hands in tennis. It's about time hands were given a chance to shine again!

I just saw the highlights...as I expected -breathaking shots from Federer, so many on the line!
He was  incredibly loose to be able to pull them all off, and only the confidence he was free to play his tennis in these faster conditions would've enabled him that.

On anything slower he may get tighter, need more patience, disturb the attacking flow.

I'll never forget how upset he was this RG with the balls. He hated playing there.

Of course this was a big statement from him, I'd even say a personal triumph - he showed who the Daddy is....again!
A bit like in RG SF in 2011.

PS
Loved his daughter who put the hat on him. So cute.

...

Posts : 23872
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:04 pm

gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:Did you hear that ? Pagnini, Fed's trainer, is not allowed to write a book about Fed's training method..until Fed retires!
It's not a big deal, Fed is not injured often (thanks to his playing style) but is not known for his amazing fitness. Djoko's methods and corresponding results are much more the holy grail of fitness

And Djokovic himself said in an after-match interview in 2011( I think ) about his new fitness regime and his transformation . 

" Sorry can't tell you the details, its private."

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2763
Join date : 2012-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Tenez on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:36 pm

truffin1 wrote:Fantastic Match from fed.  You only have to look at fed vs Murray/djikovic at indianwells/ Miami. Vs.   Dubai/Cinci to see what the absurd slowing of surfaces has affected who is successful or not.   Cahill talked during the Match and after with federer himself at the ESPN desk about how the grittier U.S. open of past couple years and the Wilson balls used there vs the Cincinnati penns will Make it more difficult for fed.    Fed seemed almost resigned to the fact that he would be handicapped by the purposeful slowing of U.S. open.

Maybe that's why he celebrated this win like he did. Has anyone even seen him go into his box like that before? I can't remember it. He seemed to really savor it with his wife and kids.

Happy for him.
So true! It's actually not the last couple of years but since 2010! There I have proof that the Wilson balls increased significantly that year.....for men....and not for women!....of course the year Nadal first won v a seeded player at the USO.....and the USO of course!

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php?threads/us-open-womens-vs-mens-balls.346090/

Tenez

Posts : 15998
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Tenez on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:43 pm

FedererKing wrote:...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRbyCRBJjuQ

Look at the very first backhand.

FK...you are only showing v Roddick or other oldies which have a completely different game...on a very fast surface. Then Fed was in his garden. You don't want to admit that the game and conds moved on from that period.

And since you clearly do not wish to take on the new opposition and new conds, there is no point trying to have an objective discussion, so that is my last answer on this subject!

Tenez

Posts : 15998
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Tenez on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:47 pm

noleisthebest wrote:...On anything slower he may get tighter, need more patience, disturb the attacking flow.
Many more returns in his feet.

Tenez

Posts : 15998
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Tenez on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:49 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:Did you hear that ? Pagnini, Fed's trainer, is not allowed to write a book about Fed's training method..until Fed retires!
It's not a big deal, Fed is not injured often (thanks to his playing style) but is not known for his amazing fitness. Djoko's methods and corresponding results are much more the holy grail of fitness

And Djokovic himself said in an after-match interview in 2011( I think ) about his new fitness regime and his transformation . 

" Sorry can't tell you the details, its private."
Yes but for Fed I think it is about physical training whereas for DJoko it's probably a "cooking recipe".

Tenez

Posts : 15998
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Tenez on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:51 pm

That's lots of money for a double title. Good on them.

Daniel Nestor and Edouard Roger-Vasselin, playing in their second ATP World Tour event together, claimed the Cincinnati title with a 6-2, 6-2 win over Marcin Matkowski and Nenad Zimonjic. They will share 1000 Emirates ATP Doubles Rankings points and $226,350 while Matkowski/Zimonjic, who had also lost to the Canadian-French duo at the Rogers Cup last week, will split 600 points and $110,820.

Nestor 42 and going...amazing!

Tenez

Posts : 15998
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:41 pm

Fed needs to keep innovating, adding some surprise elements in his matches vs. Djokovic. 

Djokovic and his team have studied Fed and his game far too much and they generally know what's coming from him. He did yesterday and it took Djokovic off guard.

Fed also needs to learn some good body-serves. I understand body serve is not liked by old-school good serve, because that server will never be an ace. But it can give an advantage in the rally. It almost guarantees a no-return-winner. I think this can be good for Fed if he implies it at times.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2763
Join date : 2012-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Tenez on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:55 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Fed needs to keep innovating, adding some surprise elements in his matches vs. Djokovic. 

Djokovic and his team have studied Fed and his game far too much and they generally know what's coming from him. He did yesterday and it took Djokovic off guard.

Fed also needs to learn some good body-serves. I understand body serve is not liked by old-school good serve, because that server will never be an ace. But it can give an advantage in the rally. It almost guarantees a no-return-winner. I think this can be good for Fed if he implies it at times.
If conds are fast and Fed is fresh, I think there is little things Djoko and his team can do really. Yesterday Fed was not too fresh (lloked really tired at end of 2nd set), Djoko was even less fresh but the score does not reflect how much better Fed was. It could have been 62 62.

Fed is still producing the best game on the tour.....by some margins....shame he can't do it at the business end of slams anymore.

Tenez

Posts : 15998
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:16 pm

Tenez wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Fed needs to keep innovating, adding some surprise elements in his matches vs. Djokovic. 

Djokovic and his team have studied Fed and his game far too much and they generally know what's coming from him. He did yesterday and it took Djokovic off guard.

Fed also needs to learn some good body-serves. I understand body serve is not liked by old-school good serve, because that server will never be an ace. But it can give an advantage in the rally. It almost guarantees a no-return-winner. I think this can be good for Fed if he implies it at times.
If conds are fast and Fed is fresh, I think there is little things Djoko and his team can do really. Yesterday Fed was not too fresh (lloked really tired at end of 2nd set), Djoko was even less fresh but the score does not reflect how much better Fed was. It could have been 62 62.

Fed is still producing the best game on the tour.....by some margins....shame he can't do it at the business end of slams anymore.

That's a big "IF". Fed can't change  the conditions, its just not what he controls. Even Cincy has been slowed down over the year, just not ridiculously slow like IndianWells. So he can't do anything about conditions. 

Being fresh? Well it depends on who he gets in his path in slams. So its down to luck. But from his side he needs to put them off as soon as possible. Not like Last year USopen.

So all he can do is to adjust his own game. And no matter how good it is, without innovation, he will get figured out. And he has been earlier by Nadal, then Djokovic . He played the Wimble15 final almost like 2014 final and the results were not much different (2014 too could easily have been over in 4).

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2763
Join date : 2012-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Tenez on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:30 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Tenez wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Fed needs to keep innovating, adding some surprise elements in his matches vs. Djokovic. 

Djokovic and his team have studied Fed and his game far too much and they generally know what's coming from him. He did yesterday and it took Djokovic off guard.

Fed also needs to learn some good body-serves. I understand body serve is not liked by old-school good serve, because that server will never be an ace. But it can give an advantage in the rally. It almost guarantees a no-return-winner. I think this can be good for Fed if he implies it at times.
If conds are fast and Fed is fresh, I think there is little things Djoko and his team can do really. Yesterday Fed was not too fresh (lloked really tired at end of 2nd set), Djoko was even less fresh but the score does not reflect how much better Fed was. It could have been 62 62.

Fed is still producing the best game on the tour.....by some margins....shame he can't do it at the business end of slams anymore.

That's a big "IF". Fed can't change  the conditions, its just not what he controls. Even Cincy has been slowed down over the year, just not ridiculously slow like IndianWells. So he can't do anything about conditions. 

Being fresh? Well it depends on who he gets in his path in slams. So its down to luck. But from his side he needs to put them off as soon as possible. Not like Last year USopen.

So all he can do is to adjust his own game. And no matter how good it is, without innovation, he will get figured out. And he has been earlier by Nadal, then Djokovic . He played the Wimble15 final almost like 2014 final and the results were not much different (2014 too could easily have been over in 4).
Likewise, he only can adjust his own game IF he has a good in form day. That is a big IF. Taking the ball early, mixing things up, requires a huge IF too as Innovation can only come for him by taking more risks!...hence more IFs. .

I know why Fed succeeded and failed in the past. Court conditions are simply giving him more options, better chances. There is not much he can do on slow conds. His BH becomes a liability and his serve is not as potent...so in effect he cannot do anything smart or creative worth doing in sluggish conds.

Tenez

Posts : 15998
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by luvsports! on Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:41 pm

Back on v2 Ten?

luvsports!

Posts : 3852
Join date : 2012-09-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Tenez on Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:46 pm

It's dead here....and I m bored....

Tenez

Posts : 15998
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by luvsports! on Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:52 pm

Haha. This should unbore ya. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHfllwAUdIM&index=12&list=LL46N5o2dk_bxPxHc0XNTA5A

luvsports!

Posts : 3852
Join date : 2012-09-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by ... on Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:53 pm

Tenez wrote:It's dead here....and I m bored....
OK then, it's good-bye from me.

Although there are some nice posters on v2, I wouldn't go back if it was the last forum on Earth.

...

Posts : 23872
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Tenez on Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:11 am

I like to go there and read comments after a good Federer display. That is where I had colonies of people arguing against my points. I find it funny now to see them in awe of Fed reinventing his game at 34 over a biased article.

Tenez

Posts : 15998
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:48 am

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:It's dead here....and I m bored....
OK then, it's good-bye from me.

Although there are some nice posters on v2, I wouldn't go back if it was the last forum on Earth.

me too.. no interest to go to 606v2.. I last time I logged in was to congratulate some Murray fans when Murray won the USopen 2012.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2763
Join date : 2012-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by luvsports! on Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:05 am

OTF.... just marvel at this genius!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICXfuI3j-EM

luvsports!

Posts : 3852
Join date : 2012-09-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by gallery play on Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:13 am

luvsports! wrote:OTF.... just marvel at this genius!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICXfuI3j-EM
Yes, absurd. Against the no.1 player.

I bet no one can find a clip with a return hit earlier than this.

gallery play

Posts : 1938
Join date : 2012-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Tenez on Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:23 am

Purcell versus Anders Jarrid when Jarrid was 17 at the FO. ...but obviously Jarryd was not serving nearly as well.

Tenez

Posts : 15998
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: Cinncinati

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum