Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
open - US OPEN 2012: Week 1 Recap EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
open - US OPEN 2012: Week 1 Recap EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
open - US OPEN 2012: Week 1 Recap EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
open - US OPEN 2012: Week 1 Recap EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
open - US OPEN 2012: Week 1 Recap EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
open - US OPEN 2012: Week 1 Recap EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
open - US OPEN 2012: Week 1 Recap EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
open - US OPEN 2012: Week 1 Recap EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
open - US OPEN 2012: Week 1 Recap EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

US OPEN 2012: Week 1 Recap

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

open - US OPEN 2012: Week 1 Recap Empty US OPEN 2012: Week 1 Recap

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:51 am

So, here we are at the beginning of week two...
Wheat has been separated from the chaff and we are left with 16 players to fight for the trophy.

Before it all starts getting top heavy, here is a little summary of what's happened last week:

• Lots of 5 set matches and comebacks from 2 sets down
  • No major upsets (except Tsonga)
  • Roddick announces retirement in the middle of the tournament
  • James Blake plays some of the best tennis of the tournament
  • Martin Klizan makes his name known
  • Laura Robson delivers a bit on the hype that is beginning to surround her
  • Nole still playing in his first gear
So all up, a pretty flat and sleepy kind of USO. I do hope we see some sparks flying and soon !

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

open - US OPEN 2012: Week 1 Recap Empty Re: US OPEN 2012: Week 1 Recap

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:03 pm

• Raonic has been impressive at time and even woudl not be surprised if he reached his first semi.
  • Murray much less impressive
  • Delpo not convincing
  • Ferrer is the one I hope will be able to tire Djoko in that semi...but doubt he will

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:45 pm

I didn't even get to see Fed at all. Must be all those nights seessions he gets to play open - US OPEN 2012: Week 1 Recap 123628122

Did you get to see him, Tenez?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:59 pm

Yes I saw him v Verdasco and he played well. His mouvement was good. That's the key to his game. Nothing great but simply solid delivery of talent...which certainly was not the case in FO and most of Wimby.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:12 pm

Tenez wrote:Yes I saw him v Verdasco and he played well. His mouvement was good. That's the key to his game. Nothing great but simply solid delivery of talent...which certainly was not the case in FO and most of Wimby.
how do you see the potential semi against Murray?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:44 pm

Federer will beat Murray, this is a Grand Slam.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:56 pm

Yes I think if he's fit, he'll beat Murray again....unless conditions are poor (windy)....but I think Raonic will be on the other side.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:02 pm

Tenez... Raonic has no chance against Murray in BO5.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:44 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:Tenez... Raonic has no chance against Murray in BO5.
Agree with Amri here. I think Rao is somewhat overhyped. I will be happy to be proven wrong though.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:54 pm

ranked #15 at 21....is that overhyped nowadays?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:01 am

summerblues wrote:
Agree with Amri here. I think Rao is somewhat overhyped. I will be happy to be proven wrong though.
SB... did you like it?

Federer: Anyway we all know that now Nadal is absent, the path is clear. I don't have to tank MPs against Djokovic any-more, I am a free man!
(Baby twins start crying as soon as they hear the word 'Nadal')
Mirka: Roger, what have you done?
How many times do I have to tell you not to mention he-who-must-not-be-named in front of the kids?
(Stanislas Wawrinka, Federer's permanent babysitter rushes in, with a concerned look on his face)
Stan: What's going on? I put them to bed hours ago.
Mirka looks solemnly at Wawrinka, at points to a scar on Roger's knee which he obtained after falling over against Nadal in a gruelling 4 setter in the French Open 2006 final.
'The name of the Dark Lord has been spoken.'

Wawrinka nods in agreement, then takes out a photo from his purse.
The picture is a snap-shot of Andy Roddick fluffing a volley set point up in Set 2 of the Wimbledon 2009 final. Wawrinka shows it to the twins, who immediately stop crying.
Stan: OK, I have to go to sleep now. I have an early match against Dolgopolov, and if win that then I am just a sniff away of achieving my dream of losing to Roger in an US Open final!
Cool

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:05 am

Tenez, Murray's return will neutralise Rao's game.
Unless Murray is playing really badly, he will outplay Raonic once the ball is in court.
I think he'll win in 3/4 sets depending on how well he plays.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:06 am

Amritia3ee wrote:Tenez, Murray's return will neutralise Rao's game.
Unless Murray is playing really badly, he will outplay Raonic once the ball is in court.

He may but I think you are underestimating Rao's serve.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:13 am

Tenez wrote:

Tenez, it's a night match and Murray should be in top form. I too agree with Amrit, very rarely I agree with him open - US OPEN 2012: Week 1 Recap 364988687

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:24 am

Tenez wrote:

Rao could serve really well... but a few missed 1st serves/good returns by Murray and Raonic will be in trouble. Murray will beat him from the baseline.

IMO Murray will drop 1 set maximum, but let's see... you may be proved right.

Not long to go before the match starts.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:26 am

Also Murray will be drawing him towards net using slice and drop shots. Let's see if Murray finds that easy to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:28 am

wow3 wrote:Also Murray will be drawing him towards net using slice and drop shots. Let's see if Murray finds that easy to do.
Yes I think Raonic will struggle with the low slices.

Anyway let's see... Tenez has been right on many occasions before, and I have too.
If Raonic even takes Murray to 5, then I think it is fair to say Tenez is vindicated and I am wrong, even if Murray wins in 5.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:04 am

Amritia3ee wrote:SB... did you like it?
To be honest, I agree with those who said it did not do it for them. I really think most of your efforts in the series have been quite excellent, and this one - while not bad at all - was not quite in the same category. Others may disagree.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:21 am

Fist set in the bag, me and Amrit right about the tactics and most likely the result as well. Come om Andy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:24 am

yep....did not anticipate Rao to throw 2 DFs in one game.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:32 am

Murray's athletism is ridiculous! He is taking the game to new levels physically.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:47 am

lock,stock and barrel1 Andy is just toying with Raonic.

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:06 am

Tenez wrote:ranked #15 at 21....is that overhyped nowadays?
#15 at 21 is just a fact - it has nothing to do with hype. Where overhyped comes in is in the expectations.

The first I saw Raonic play was this year in Barca against Ferrer. Ferrer is a good yardstick. He will ultimately grind down all but the very best. However, the good ones should be able to make him look ordinary for stretches of time. What struck me about Raonic in that match against Ferrer was that Rao never did anything to make Ferrer look ordinary. The scoreline was fairly close but Ferrer always looked the better player. And that is not a good sign for Rao.

Today was much like that match from Rao's side. He is not much more than a great serve. He looks good compared to Ivo. But that is because Ivo is great serve, with everything else being atrocious, while Rao is great serve, with everything else being mediocre.

He may become a top player (and here I mean the very top - someone challenging for and winning slams, and making it into top 3 or thereabouts), but there is a long way to go.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:05 am

summerblues wrote:He may become a top player (and here I mean the very top - someone challenging for and winning slams, and making it into top 3 or thereabouts), but there is a long way to go.

No I don't think so and yesterday's performance is not really revealing as I am pretty sure Murray, in that form, would have crushed other top 3 too. He crushed (ok maybe sub-par) Federer in a more convincing fashion in WImbledon and Djoko in similar fashion...despite Djoko playing well. But I am pretty sure yesterday's Murray was even better than at WImbledon.

I am not sure he can keep it up cause clearly he was not playing as well v Lopy but the scary thing is that he seems to know when to up his game.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:31 am

Tenez wrote:
No I don't think so and yesterday's performance is not really revealing as I am pretty sure Murray, in that form, would have crushed other top 3 too. He crushed (ok maybe sub-par) Federer in a more convincing fashion in WImbledon and Djoko in similar fashion...despite Djoko playing well. But I am pretty sure yesterday's Murray was even better than at WImbledon.
He was, but Raonic made him look like that a bit. And I don't think Murray crushed Nole in that Olympic match. Nole crushed himself with the selfloaded pressure.
That will NOT be the case in USO.
I must say the more I think about it, the more I can't wait to see how it all pans out open - US OPEN 2012: Week 1 Recap 4006036031

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:57 am

Nole crushed himself with the selfloaded pressure.

You coould say the same for Rao who was serving at 4 all and threw 2 DFs.

Same here, I want to know who can beat Murray. Cilic was impressive too yesterday but he tires quickly and his serve is not as good....so over the distance Murray will most likely win.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:01 am

Yes, I expect Murray to demolish Cilic unless he is playing like he did a few years ago when he was not glued the base-line like now.

To me, he is very similar to Querrey in some ways, except that Querrey has a better mind-set and does not choke over-respect better ranked players like Cilic.

If Cilic plays with belief and remembers he beat Murray in NY a few years ago, it could be a good match.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:01 pm

I am sorry Tenez, but once again I have to disagree with you here.
Before Raonic-Murray you said that you thought Raonic had a great chance... fair enough, he has got a big serve.
But I predicted that on these courts, on the big moments, Murray would get the ball back into play too often, and he can outmanoeuvre Raonic from the baseline. WOW also commented that he expected Murray to use the slice and drop-shot to out-do Raonic, and that is what happened.

But I can't understand is why you were so surprised at Murray's nature of the win. In my eyes this wasn't unexpected at all.
I don't think Murray's defence has radically improved, or he has suddenly got much fitter. Murray's defence has always been top notch IMO for the past few years, the difference is in slams Murray has had periods where he has dropped his intensity, which has been punished by the top players.

Now however, I feel you have misjudged Murray's performance against Raonic. It was good, no doubt, but Raonic is inexperienced. You are reading too much into this I think. Murray's defence has not dramatically improved, nor has he suddenly become much fitter. He was always getting fit, and slowly getting fitter, but I have seen no dramatic change.
In the Hopman Cup 2011 Murray won with a similar performance 6-4 6-2 against Isner.

Tenez wrote:

No I don't think so and yesterday's performance is not really revealing as I am pretty sure Murray, in that form, would have crushed other top 3 too.
I really do not agree with that sentence. Murray loves playing guys like Raonic; huge, big serving, and can be outmanoeuvred on the baseline. It's totally different from playing the big players, in-fact I could go even as far to say that it barely shows anything.
You said he could crush the top 3. Let's see:

Rafael Nadal- For Murray to beat Nadal he would have to used controlled aggression like Djokovic did in 2011. Without going into too much detail, I think you know what I mean. Hit hard, penetrating deep shots, not too close to the line to be risky, but not too short that Nadal can step forward. Ridiculous persistence, and patience would be needed.
Now I am not saying Murray would not beat Nadal on a HC, in-fact it is perfectly possible. But I don't think a Raonic match is any sort of indicator. The challenges against Raonic is completely different, the role Murry has to play is completely different. So thus, you can't use this match as an example or indicator to a Murray-Nadal match, the challenges Murray has to encounter is completely different.

Roger Federer: For me, saying Murray would 'crush' Roger Federer is disrespectful to the Swiss. The match, would be in Federer's hands, in slams Federer has a gear which Murray doesn't. If Federer plays badly, Murray would have a chance. Federer will not get outmanoeuvred easily like Raonic. Winking

Novak Djokovic: OK, with Djokovic Murray's match vs Raonic might be an indicator. This is because I believe Djokovic and Murray play with a similar style: controlled aggression. It is a case of who is playing in better form, and believes in themselves in the key moments. It is fair to say after watching Murray vs Raonic that Murray's form and confidence is such he can edge Djokovic. But be warned, Murray has not ever beaten Djokovic in a Slam or BO5.

So overall, if am allowed to be a bit blunt, I think you are exaggerating the extent of Murray's physical performance and athleticism. He has always had a great defence, and is continuously getting fitter.
I also think your comment that using this Raonic match as an indicator to say that Murray would 'crush' the rest of the top 3, is a rash claim, as the challenges Raonic provides is very different (and much better for Murray).

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:54 pm

But I predicted that on these courts, on the big moments, Murray would get the ball back into play too often, and he can outmanoeuvre Raonic from the baseline.

Yes I was wrong but simply because I had never seen Murray display such fitness. I did not envisage him to stand 3m behind the baseline yet having teh leg power to get to Rao's serve.

WOW also commented that he expected Murray to use the slice and drop-shot to out-do Raonic, and that is what happened.

Actually that is not what happened. Murray did not "play around" much with Rao cause Rao's balls cannot be controlled that way. Murray muscled the ball back most of the time, with topspin FHs and flat BHs.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:57 pm

Tenez wrote:
But I predicted that on these courts, on the big moments, Murray would get the ball back into play too often, and he can outmanoeuvre Raonic from the baseline.

Yes I was wrong but simply because I had never seen Murray display such fitness. I did not envisage him to stand 3m behind the baseline yet having teh leg power to get to Rao's serve.

WOW also commented that he expected Murray to use the slice and drop-shot to out-do Raonic, and that is what happened.

Actually that is not what happened. Murray did not "play around" much with Rao cause Rao's balls cannot be controlled that way. Murray muscled the ball back most of the time, with topspin FHs and flat BHs.

You did not watch the match then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:24 am

I watched the first 2 sets and did not see more than 2 drop shots....and hardly any slice.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:30 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1g2tRyCle4

Highlights for you. Even in the highlights I can see one slice and 3 drops just for the first set. Drop shots are high risk shots and no one will play too many of those as you need to keep your opponent guessing. Murray used the drops and slices to plant doubts in Milo's mind and succeeded in it.

I did say before the match that he will be using that tactic as Fed employs it quite successfully against delpo.

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:35 am

open - US OPEN 2012: Week 1 Recap 2474333020

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:46 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:53 am

Amrit you got quite an analytical brain for a teenager.open - US OPEN 2012: Week 1 Recap 4052418255

I liked your analysis for Murray v top3

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:31 am

Thanks WOW.

I do think Tenez is right in saying that Murray's main tactic was to out-rally Raonic, rather than use slices or drop-shots. Those were thrown him from time to time as a mix-up (as your you-tube highlights showed) but it was not the main plan.

Tenez I simply can't understand where you are getting this:

'Yes I was wrong but simply because I had never seen Murray display such fitness. I did not envisage him to stand 3m behind the baseline yet having teh leg power to get to Rao's serve.'

Murray hasn't suddenly got fitter. He's gradually getting fitter, but there's hasn't been a sudden surge of fitness. IMO he would use the same tactics against Rao if they played last year in USO 2011, except maybe Murray would be more prone to lapses of concentration.

Murray hasn't suddenly hugely improved in the last few months. In Wimbledon he lost to the first top 3 player he played. Olympics, he played well no doubt, but Djokovic was poor in the match (making errors in key moments) and Federer was very tired. In Ciny he lost to Chardy.

So I still believe you are reading too much into this Rao performance. Murray is made to play people like Milos.

btw you didn't repsond to my post about how he would do against the top 3, do you still believe that he would 'crush' the rest of the Top 3.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:40 am

Amritia3ee wrote:Thanks WOW.

Murray hasn't suddenly got fitter. He's gradually getting fitter, but there's hasn't been a sudden surge of fitness. IMO he would use the same tactics against Rao if they played last year in USO 2011, except maybe Murray would be more prone to lapses of concentration.

He may have not suddenly got fitter, but he plays like he has, and that's all one can go by.
I noticed it first in the Olympic final in which he completely outpowered and blasted Federer. He made him look like a yesteryear's player, similar to when Fed plays eg. Youzhny.

Agains Raonic, he did not resemble his lumbering self and had little problem absorbing Raonic's pace and send it back with interest. That power is new as he generates it by pure hard-hitting (very energy sapping).

It will be interesting to see when he eventually bumps into Fed and esp Djokovic in the best of 5, just to see how long he can sustain it in a match.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:41 am

Amrit open - US OPEN 2012: Week 1 Recap 563610107

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:42 am

Amritia3ee wrote:. Murray is made to play people like Milos.

Murray actually struggles against powerful hitters. Look at the list of players he loses to and you'll see. He is a good returner, but that helps against any player.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by federator Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:44 am

Amritia3ee wrote:
summerblues wrote:
SB... did you like it?

Federer: Anyway we all know that now Nadal is absent, the path is clear. I don't have to tank MPs against Djokovic any-more, I am a free man!
How many times do I have to tell you not to mention he-who-must-not-be-named in front of the kids?
(Stanislas Wawrinka, Federer's permanent babysitter rushes in, with a concerned look on his face)
Mirka looks solemnly at Wawrinka, at points to a scar on Roger's knee which he obtained after falling over against Nadal in a gruelling 4 setter in the French Open 2006 final.

The picture is a snap-shot of Andy Roddick fluffing a volley set point up in Set 2 of the Wimbledon 2009 final. Wawrinka shows it to the twins, who immediately stop crying.
Stan: OK, I have to go to sleep now. I have an early match against Dolgopolov, and if win that then I am just a sniff away of achieving my dream of losing to Roger in an US Open final!
open - US OPEN 2012: Week 1 Recap 4006036031

Hilarious!!!

federator

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:44 am

noleisthebest wrote:
Amritia3ee wrote:Thanks WOW.

He may have not suddenly got fitter, but he plays like he has, and that's all one can go by.
I noticed it first in the Olympic final in which he completely outpowered and blasted Federer. He made him look like a yesteryear's player, similar to when Fed plays eg. Youzhny.

Agains Raonic, he did not resemble his lumbering self and had little problem absorbing Raonic's pace and send it back with interest. That power is new as he generates it by pure hard-hitting (very energy sapping).

It will be interesting to see when he eventually bumps into Fed and esp Djokovic in the best of 5, just to see how long he can sustain it in a match.

He 'outpowered' a tired Federer.

When your opponent is tired it is easy to create this impression.

I don't get this sudden hyperbole. He's not doing that much different. Watch Shanghai 2010, or Tokyo 2011 for even more impressive performances.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:50 am

Federer is not 70, he was fine for that match.

I have seen all those matches you mention and Murray has changed A LOT of things.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:52 am

One of the things I am looking now in Murray is his shot-selection which used to let him down in the past BIG time.
He seems to have improved there, but not in a natural, instinctive way.

There is a reason he got trounced in all those slam finals before this Wimbledon.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:42 am

federator wrote:
Amritia3ee wrote:
summerblues wrote:
SB... did you like it?

open - US OPEN 2012: Week 1 Recap 4006036031

Hilarious!!!

Thanks Fedar open - US OPEN 2012: Week 1 Recap 4006036031

It's part of edition 8 of my weekly series on 606v2, you might like that too. open - US OPEN 2012: Week 1 Recap 1071211947

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:44 am

noleisthebest wrote:Federer is not 70, he was fine for that match.

I have seen all those matches you mention and Murray has changed A LOT of things.

Let's see... I don't think he's done that much differently, except less prone to mental lapses in bigger matches.

Certainly I don't agree with Tenez that he will 'crush' the Top 3, although this is his best chance for a while of winning a slam.

We'll see anyway.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:12 am

Certainly I don't agree with Tenez that he will 'crush' the Top 3,

========================================

He might not but he just did it last month! So not that far stretched....considering Murray is a better HC player than grass.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:15 am

Tenez wrote:Certainly I don't agree with Tenez that he will 'crush' the Top 3,

========================================

He might not but he just did it last month! So not that far stretched....considering Murray is a better HC player than grass.

He hardly 'crushed' Djokovic, he just struck in the key moments (I also believe it is due to Djokovic playing very poorly under pressure atm).

Federer was tired for the final, he wasn't at his best.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:21 am

I don't see much difference between a 64 64 (v Rao) and 75 75 v Djoko (who I was told was playing well). Both crumbled under pressure when it came to important games.

I know Federer was tired...but he was actually lessoned in that final. Not close at all!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Ellison Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:24 am

No doubt, it wasn't close.

But do you really believe he will 'crush' Fed+Djoko this USO. He's not playing that much better than normal, in-fact his form last autumn in Asia was better. His match against Fed in Shanghai was also very one-sided, but a slam is another story.

Murray was excellent against Rao, but facing top 3 in slams is another matter, mentally if not anything.

I think he'll lose to Federer in the SF in 4 sets, as long as Fed doesn't throw in a shocker.

Larry Ellison

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:33 am

Amritia3ee wrote:No doubt, it wasn't close.

But do you really believe he will 'crush' Fed+Djoko this USO. He's not playing that much better than normal, in-fact his form last autumn in Asia was better. His match against Fed in Shanghai was also very one-sided, but a slam is another story.

Murray was excellent against Rao, but facing top 3 in slams is another matter, mentally if not anything.

I think he'll lose to Federer in the SF in 4 sets, as long as Fed doesn't throw in a shocker.

I don;t know how consistent is Murray? Well he is but the mind is certainly going to play a bigger role when he'll get closer to win a slam. But if he plays as well as his last match, he has a very good chance. It's very simple, he can return any serve, he can retrieve any ball and has now pacy FH and BH. That's a pretty good receipe if you ask me to beat anyone on the tour.

Federer can also produce a perfect match and his tennis is still the best out there...but to deliver it will be harder than for Murray who can rely on his physique...a more reliable strength than Federer's genius.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next