Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Low ranked players complaining about wages..... EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Low ranked players complaining about wages..... EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Low ranked players complaining about wages..... EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Low ranked players complaining about wages..... EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Low ranked players complaining about wages..... EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Low ranked players complaining about wages..... EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Low ranked players complaining about wages..... EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Low ranked players complaining about wages..... EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Low ranked players complaining about wages..... EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Low ranked players complaining about wages.....

3 posters

Go down

Low ranked players complaining about wages..... Empty Low ranked players complaining about wages.....

Post by Tenez Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:53 pm

In French again unfortunately...

http://www.lemonde.fr/sport/article/2014/11/30/le-tennis-d-en-bas-veut-changer-les-regles_4531645_3242.html#xtor=AL-32280515

They make good points about the fact that only 100 players can make a living in this sport whereas in many other sports 100s if not 1000s can live of them.

It stresses the fact that money (sponsors and wealthy federations) is what sorts players at first more than talent. It is in find confirming what I said in my thread about why Murray and Chardy got such different careers despite being of very similar level when young.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Low ranked players complaining about wages..... Empty Re: Low ranked players complaining about wages.....

Post by noleisthebest Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:06 pm

It's a very tough one.

Tennis players spend 15 years getting their  "job qualification"; their " education" usually requires great family/ financial sacrifice even in wealthy countries like UK, let alone Serbia that barely had/has any courts...(hence my huge respect and admiration for Nole)

We can say, well it's the law of supply and demand...if they are not good enough to make it to the top, let them find an "ordinary" job.

A coach in my club has had to make that choice, in fact two of them.

A 100 people on this entire planet is too small a number though.

How many hundreds of THOUSANDS of football players with far less skill are able to make a reasonable living with less work?

Enough money is generated to subsidise Futures and Challengers, at least travelling and accommodation costs.

TDs are greedy.

There must be so much bitterness among players.

On the one hand we have stars of the Show being able to afford stem cell treatment, demand 2 year protected ranking, have super slow courts laid for them and on the other talented players who have to sleep in their car during tournaments.

Elite should be rewarded, but the gap has become too wide and unhealthy.

Top players need to speak a bit louder. Tournaments only spend amax of 10% on prize money.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Low ranked players complaining about wages..... Empty Re: Low ranked players complaining about wages.....

Post by N2D2L Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:41 pm

More prize money should be made available for the Challenger and Future Tour.
This will benefit tennis in the long run, as more players see it as financially viable to take the risk of having tennis as a career.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum