Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
MOTD and daily predictions game: Rules EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
MOTD and daily predictions game: Rules EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
MOTD and daily predictions game: Rules EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
MOTD and daily predictions game: Rules EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
MOTD and daily predictions game: Rules EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
MOTD and daily predictions game: Rules EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
MOTD and daily predictions game: Rules EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
MOTD and daily predictions game: Rules EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
MOTD and daily predictions game: Rules EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

MOTD and daily predictions game: Rules

3 posters

Go down

MOTD and daily predictions game: Rules Empty MOTD and daily predictions game: Rules

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:14 am

For the benefit of those who are unaware of the rules of this "daily prediction game".

The Details and the rules are the following:

1. I'll have daily MOTD thread selecting some of the important matches of the day. I'll do it 1 day prior as soon as the schedule of play comes out.

2. The daily prediction game is based on the matches of the day. For every match the participant will have to predict the winner.

3. Points are awarded to the participants as per the seeding of the player he predicted to win. e.g. Federer seeded [3]. In a match if you predict Fed to win and your prediction comes correct, you get 3 points.

4. Negative points are awarded if your prediction turns incorrect. This negative point will be as per the seeding of the player whom you predicted against. e.g. In Djo [1] vs Tsonga [4], if you predicted Djokovic [1] to win against Tsonga [4] and Tsonga [4] wins, you'll be awared -4 points.

5. Unseeded player all have equal value. this is based on the next number to the lowest seed. e.g. in Madrid lowest seed is [16], so all unseeded players will have value [17]. In Slams its 33 due to 32 seeds.

6. Lots of scope for a risk taker. A correct upset prediction can get you a lot of points. I've seen tables turn hugely in just one day, especially in slams when an upset occurs.

7. Any one can participate any day. Winners are on daily basis. We will have a tournament winner who will get max points in the end.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

e.g. MOTD published.

1. Player_a [1] vs Player_b [12]

In this match chance of Player_a to win is higher being a higher seed. Easy to predict player_a. If you predict Player_a and he wins, you get 1 point. But if Player_a loses, you'll get -12 points.

Player_b is ranked 11 places below and likely to lose. But If you select him to win and he does win, he can get you 12 point. But if Player_b loses, you'll only get -1 point. He was always more likely to lose anyway.

2. Player_c [2] vs Player_d . Player_d is unseeded hence his value is 17.

Predicting the unseeded player to win against seed[2] is bigger risk. If it happens it must be rewarded more i.e. 17 points. If the unseeded player loses, you get -2.

3. Lot of scope for make-or-break, everything-or-nothing game. If you want to play safe, you still can win, only your rewards will always be low, Upsets will hurt you bad.

The games begin tomorrow with US open day 1. Send your entries before the first match on the day starts.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

MOTD and daily predictions game: Rules Empty Re: MOTD and daily predictions game: Rules

Post by Guest Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:00 am

Look forward to it.

Back to top Go down

MOTD and daily predictions game: Rules Empty Re: MOTD and daily predictions game: Rules

Post by noleisthebest Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:25 am

Rotla,
thanks so much MOTD and daily predictions game: Rules 3157886161
I look forward to making you all look good MOTD and daily predictions game: Rules 1071211947

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am

noleisthebest wrote:Rotla,
thanks so much MOTD and daily predictions game: Rules 3157886161
I look forward to making you all look good MOTD and daily predictions game: Rules 1071211947

That's a tough job!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down