Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Coaching of women EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Coaching of women EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Coaching of women EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Coaching of women EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Coaching of women EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Coaching of women EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Coaching of women EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Coaching of women EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Coaching of women EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Coaching of women

5 posters

Go down

Coaching of women Empty Coaching of women

Post by paulcz Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:14 pm

Yesterday I could see just one set of semi between Serena and Shara. What I really liked that was a moment when Shara’s coach was giving her advices after the first set. There was nothing special, but the amazing thing was how important is a mental aspect of women coaching. That was fascinating what a calm way that coach approached to her. The women coaching really needs patient, calm and perceptive men. If not, no way to coach the best women and in case of Shara that statement is even more valid. I tend to say that all women tennis coaches should be good psychologists and in some cases a psychiatrist wouldn’t go a miss.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Coaching of women Empty Re: Coaching of women

Post by noleisthebest Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:28 pm

While waiting for a match the other day, I caught a bit of Cibulkova Radwanska.
It was the changeover and Cibulkova had on court coaching.

I could understand a few words her coach was saying and thought, this is really pathetic....

I find on court coaching completely degrading for a player, and a novelty that should be scrapped asap.
It will further erode integrity of tennis as a creative one on one battle.

We are already seeing an army of fabricated, medically enhanced, screaming baseline bashers coming in large numbers, they have to be allowed to mature as players independently, learn to think on the court and gain experience for themselves, not be spoon-fed all their careers.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:52 pm

The women coaching is and will be always topic. We can look at that from many views. Tbh I can find the women coaching quite interesting  and funny as well. Even if  there is a certain aspect of players’ denigrating  I wouldn’t have problems with that in a limited scope. We can learn some game advices, strategies, get more from psychological aspect of the game and watch women reactions on the court.
I am not sure whether to allow a certain coaching for men, but definitely that would  bring more emotions on the court and matches would become more or less  tactical battles. So, I am rather against it.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:26 pm

He, he, what you really like is not players getting coched, but you getting freebie tips from pro coaches, Paul Winking

For me, the game has already been so ruined by modern technology and profit chasing, it really doesn't need any further "progress" in show-business  direction.

I have even heard Bouchard ask for fans to be allowed to cheer during points...and you know what, if she starts winning slams and raking in money from sponsors as the new Sharapova, they may just allow that to happen, as well....

You need not look any further from what influence camp Nadal has had in tweaking traditional tennis rules in order to suit  their "needs", the guy has already had "legalised" coaching from his uncle for years...not to mention slowing down courts etc.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:35 pm

I was thinking  a bit about the idea if men had fully allowed coaching on the court. But that didn’t take a long time to get know where that could lead in the reality. Let’s imagine how a certain uncle would approach to the court coaching. I bet that Nadals  would occupy  the whole row behind the backcourts and then when serving or returning they would stand up to show Nadal where to serve or where to move for a return. The certain uncle would shout at Nadal what to play, where to move, when to take a MTO, how to grin at his opponent, when and how long to poke his arse, so that is not really good idea. A coaching restriction surely must be here.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:46 pm

paulcz wrote:The women coaching is and will be always topic. We can look at that from many views. Tbh I can find the women coaching quite interesting  and funny as well. Even if  there is a certain aspect of players’ denigrating  I wouldn’t have problems with that in a limited scope. We can learn some game advices, strategies, get more from psychological aspect of the game and watch women reactions on the court.
Yes this is a good point though coaches are also providing key information to all other players who would be listening/watching the match. Information they might not want to divulge otherwise.

I am not sure whether to allow a certain coaching for men, but definitely that would  bring more emotions on the court and matches would become more or less  tactical battles. So, I am rather against it.

There again this is a double edged sword. More emotions also means less real tennis skills. I believe for beautiful skills to express themselves, still and calm conditions are required. I have been frustrated in the past by watching a player "in the zone" making the game look easy, being brought down to  earthly level by the loud and cheering crowd or a player abusing of gamesmanship. As Federer says, get the families on the coaching bench and you turn tennis into a boxing match with very little room for beautiful skills....as if the physical tennis had not done enough to destroy the art of tennising!

My best tennis experience is watching 2 talented players sorting it out on the quiet and calm of Wimbledon.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:35 pm

Tenez wrote:
My best tennis experience is watching 2 talented players sorting it out on the quiet and calm of Wimbledon.

That is also reason why I am going to Wimbledon for the first week this year  Bubbly 

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:43 pm

Tenez wrote:

Agree, the Wimbledon 2010 semi-final was a stunning match.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:00 pm

paulcz wrote:
Tenez wrote:

That is also reason why I am going to Wimbledon for the first week this year  Bubbly 

Cool - Let us know Paul...OTF will organise a welcome committee! Winking

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:52 pm

Tenez wrote:
paulcz wrote:
Tenez wrote:

Cool - Let us know Paul...OTF will organise a welcome committee! Winking

Thanks Ten, plane tickets are already booked and a hotel in Kingstone as well. Really looking forward to it.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:02 pm

Lucky you!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:13 pm

It's very difficult for met to get tickets to watch Nadal at Wimbledon, not only do I have to win tickets in the ballots, they have to be for Round 1.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:13 pm

paulcz wrote: That is also reason why I am going to Wimbledon for the first week this year  Bubbly 

That's wonderful Paul, you will love it!
I was so happy when I entered those gates, I literally choked for air with excitement, I'll write about it in one of the next chapters in my Wimbledon Dream thread  Magic 

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:14 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:It's very difficult for met to get tickets to watch Nadal at Wimbledon, not only do I have to win tickets in the ballots, they have to be for Round 1.

Laugh

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:16 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
paulcz wrote: That is also reason why I am going to Wimbledon for the first week this year  Bubbly 

That's wonderful Paul, you will love it!
I was so happy when I entered those gates, I literally choked for air with excitement, I'll write about it in one of the next chapters in my Wimbledon Dream thread  Magic 

I hope so and remember your every word written about Wimbledon  Magic 

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:32 am

On court coaching is a horrible idea for tennis and is completely inspired by self serving minds of players/coaches/fans. No wonder the chor camp of Nadal and Toni advocates it.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down