Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Nadal's Wishlist EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Nadal's Wishlist EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Nadal's Wishlist EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Nadal's Wishlist EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Nadal's Wishlist EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Nadal's Wishlist EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Nadal's Wishlist EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Nadal's Wishlist EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Nadal's Wishlist EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Nadal's Wishlist

+6
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
truffin1
laverfan
gallery play
Tenez
noleisthebest
10 posters

Go down

Nadal's Wishlist Empty Nadal's Wishlist

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:01 pm

1) The season is too long - it needs to be shorter
2) There are too many hard-court tournaments
3) WTF should be played on clay
4) There should be a 2 instead of 1 year ranking system
5) Players should take as long time as they like between the points, it's good for The Show
6) AO is starting too early in the year, not enough tournaments for preparation, hence not his "lucky" slam
7) Testers should not be bothering him early in the morning
   And the latest one......
8) Umpires should know and "understand" their tennis:

"The negative thing in my opinion is not the warning. The negative thing is the moment, 4 -all, deuce. You can choose another moment to do it, not that one. Another thing is she didn't advise me before the second warning that I was still going slow," said Nadal.
The word is not rules or not rules. The word is understand the game.
That's all. We need referees who understand the game. The rules cannot go against the good show. That's all.
If you are playing with 40 degrees, you cannot expect to have 20 seconds recover, 25 seconds recover. If you are playing crazy rallies, you cannot have 25 seconds recover because then you will not have more rallies because the players cannot have it.
I accept the rules. Sometimes I am wrong. Sometimes I am too slow and I accept that. I respect the decision of the referee even if I am not happy for that, because it was not the right moment to do it, in my opinion, before an advise. But she did. That's all.
I going to try to go quicker for the future. But is important to have people on the chair that really understand the game and people who manage this sport who understand the game, and that's it.
Because, if not, every time with Hawk Eye, the referee just start watching the watch, 25 seconds, then warning, so then we don't need any more referees. We only need lines. That's fine.
Because if not, the referees don't need to do all the rules. That is my feeling. We are making the referees worse than before with all the things that we are making for them easier."

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/nadal-calls-for-umpires-who-understand-the-game-20140120-314y6.html

Did I miss anything?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Nadal's Wishlist Empty Re: Nadal's Wishlist

Post by Tenez Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:20 pm

what a joke. Yes, you are missing one:

Nets should be same height as volley ball nets.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:35 pm

Laugh

On a different, OTF's finest and most popular topic - talent - Nadal agrees with us:

"Q.  Last time you played Kei in French Open was way easier than this time.  Was it the difference in surface?
RAFAEL NADAL:  Always it's tough against him in every surface.  He's a very complete player.  He's very quick.  He's able to do the most difficult thing in tennis, that's taking the ball early and changing the directions.  He's able to do it easy, so...

Kei is a potential top 10 player.  So that's the real thing.  Is a great victory for me.  Is true that is difficult to compare clay with hard.  In clay, playing on clay is a little bit more difficult than play the way he did today.

For example, you play that inside.  You are not hitting every ball perfect, you will be in trouble, because your position, you know, you're going to be inside and the opponent will have a chance to hit higher, longer.  So will be tough.

Playing on clay is more difficult play that aggressive game because the ball have higher bounces and is more difficult to play that inside."

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:47 pm

Another interesting answer from his press conference today:

Q. You make dozens of routines before each serve. Why don't you do this during practice sessions?
RAFAEL NADAL: Because I am not that focused

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:59 pm

10. Tennis should not be played indoors: because of the roof players do not have enough space to clear the net.
11. Players should be allowed to interupt the opponants serve routine, unless your name is not Rafael Nadal
12. It's good for the sport to bump other players

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:12 pm

Yes, we have to give Nadal some credits for being clear and honest there. Maybe Amri will agree with that.

This is why I always said I can easily think of 50 players in the current era that can take the ball earlier and dictate rallies v Nadal....there is however only one who is fit enough and can do it for 3 sets at least.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:13 pm

13 - Can we put Djoko on the other side of the draw? oh and from now on, Nishi too! Thank you.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:17 pm

14 - Can Wimbledon Director become my friend?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:16 pm

15. I want to beat Djokovic at AO 2014.  Run 

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:46 pm

did he talk about being caught and warned for coaching again?

I know he would like that to be legal, or maybe he doesn't care since they do it anyway.. smh

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:54 am

Nadal on the 20 sec time violation given to him.

"The rules say you can do it, but in my opinion that goes against the show, that goes against the fans," the top seed told reporters after closing out an attritional match in three hours and 16 minutes.

What the hell he takes the tennis fans for? Morons who will blindly appreciate what ever he does? Actually he may be right, amri is the living proof.

"I will try to go quicker for the future but it's important to have people on the chair who understand the game."

So unless they ignore all what all he does to win, the people on the chair don't understand the game. Perfect!  

When Nadal came on tour, I liked him. But as I went on to know more about him and hat we have been seeing all these years, its only someone like amri can side for him.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:41 am

He should go to the bottom of his logic: Nadal losing would go "against the fans" therefore we should let him win at all cost!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly 81 Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:07 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
"I will try to go quicker for the future but it's important to have people on the chair who understand the game."
Ouch! Thats a bit of a disrespectful slap in face for Eva Aderaki. Urgh.

Polly 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:30 pm

"I should always win, and if I don't, I will bitch (or barge my opponent)." The man is the most disrespectful and disgusting tennis player ever.  People get shocked and offended when I say I'll have a bottle of wine when he retires or breaks his leg.  There comes a time when I just ruthlessly want a person like this to retire or be forced to retire.  I don't care if that makes me a "bad person" because the greater good should be what matters.  And the greater good is that Nadal is sent off tour ASAP. When the authorities do nothing, then justice is denied.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:33 am

FedererKing wrote:People get shocked and offended when I say I'll have a bottle of wine when he retires or breaks his leg.  There comes a time when I just ruthlessly want a person like this to retire or be forced to retire.  I don't care if that makes me a "bad person" 
I think you have some issues.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:33 am

Julia Santamaria wrote:
FedererKing wrote:People get shocked and offended when I say I'll have a bottle of wine when he retires or breaks his leg.  There comes a time when I just ruthlessly want a person like this to retire or be forced to retire.  I don't care if that makes me a "bad person" 
I think you have some issues.

Not as bad as yours supporting a cheat.  You also cut my quote short.  It isn't like I wish ill health on everyone, just people like Nadal, who are getting away with their scummy ways. I toasted the death of Maggie Thatcher (a hate filled dictator). For Nadal, I await his pending retirement from tennis and a bottle of wine WILL be drunk on that day, you believe it. I can't wait to see the back end of him.  I know most are brought up to think everyone deserves respect, that an eye for an eye is wrong, but I find that to be a load of nonsense that has let too many bastards off the hook.  It is my prerogative to have satisfaction in the career of a cheat coming to an end.  I am so sorry if this doesn't match up to your ideas of morality, but I sleep well, and I think your views on life are wrong.  Star Trek is fiction.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:10 am

Latest wish: tennis does not need umpires:...

"I need to check the video today. Sometimes I am the first one to accept the things. Today I cannot accept this one because was after a very long rally, it was break point against. The umpire, that I consider a good umpire like Pascal, was not right.
Ineed to change. I need to go quicker a lot of times. I know that. I am the first one who tries that, the first one who accept when I am wrong, when I am playing bad, when I am not doing the right things, when I am too slow.
At the same time I think when the things are not right, I never have any problem to say that things are not like this. My feeling today, the way that the match develops, was not the right day to have two warnings for me. No one chance that that happen, no? Is because the umpire really wanted to do.

If you want to make the things that way, the easier thing is put the 'chrono' on court and we don't need umpires anymore because we have all the lines. We can put the Hawk-Eye here. Why we doing to have the umpires anymore? We can have the electronic, like we have, scoreboard and we can see 15-30. We don't need nobody that is just saying '15-30,' '30-30,' 'game Nadal' or 'game Gabashvili.' That is my feeling.

If the umpires are not any more ready to understand the situation a little bit during the match, so there is no job anymore for them."

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:37 am

noleisthebest wrote:Latest wish: tennis does not need umpires:...

"I need to check the video today. Sometimes I am the first one to accept the things. Today I cannot accept this one because was after a very long rally, it was break point against. The umpire, that I consider a good umpire like Pascal, was not right.
Ineed to change. I need to go quicker a lot of times. I know that. I am the first one who tries that, the first one who accept when I am wrong, when I am playing bad, when I am not doing the right things, when I am too slow.At the same time I think when the things are not right, I never have any problem to say that things are not like this. My feeling today, the way that the match develops, was not the right day to have two warnings for me. No one chance that that happen, no? Is because the umpire really wanted to do.

If you want to make the things that way, the easier thing is put the 'chrono' on court and we don't need umpires anymore because we have all the lines. We can put the Hawk-Eye here. Why we doing to have the umpires anymore? We can have the electronic, like we have, scoreboard and we can see 15-30. We don't need nobody that is just saying '15-30,' '30-30,' 'game Nadal' or 'game Gabashvili.' That is my feeling.

If the umpires are not any more ready to understand the situation a little bit during the match, so there is no job anymore for them."

What a joke this guy!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:46 pm

Nadal is an idiot.  And as I've always said, watching him enter decline and start losing all the time is going to be monumentally fun.  He has been brought up very very badly. He sounds like a whining 5 year old who is jumping up and down because he can't have an icecream.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by truffin1 Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:20 pm

A writer from sports illistrated called out nadal for his hypocricy. He rightly pointed that when nadal said he should be allowed extra time because it was the end of a long rally, that the opponent had run nadal all over the court with shotmaking and was ready and waiting to serve. The guy had earned a tactical advantage which is part of the game by tiring nadal for the next point. Nadal wanted extra time- robbing the opponent of his earned advantage. It was not like nadal always pretends that both players were winded and needed a break to produce good tennis. Such hypocrisy from a guy whose whole success is based on gut busting his opponent.

How anyone likes the type of player nadal is, I'll never understand.

truffin1

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:38 pm

truffin1 wrote:

I also asked this question before and found out that his fans are mostly young girls, older women, exceptionally young guys who just try to play tennis or his tennis level is not as good as they would want it and therefore they are frustrated and then there are many Spaniards, Woofy, Amrit and his 5 club tennis friends  Cool

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:32 pm

paulcz wrote:
truffin1 wrote:

I also asked this question before and found out that his fans are mostly young girls, older women, exceptionally young guys who just try to play tennis or his tennis level is not as good as they would want it and therefore they are frustrated and then there are many Spaniards, Woofy, Amrit and his 5 club tennis friends  Cool
...and Newcastle ( a crap british commentator).

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum