Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Real shame of David Nalbandian good-bye  EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Real shame of David Nalbandian good-bye  EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Real shame of David Nalbandian good-bye  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Real shame of David Nalbandian good-bye  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Real shame of David Nalbandian good-bye  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Real shame of David Nalbandian good-bye  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Real shame of David Nalbandian good-bye  EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Real shame of David Nalbandian good-bye  EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Real shame of David Nalbandian good-bye  EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Real shame of David Nalbandian good-bye

4 posters

Go down

Real shame of David Nalbandian good-bye  Empty Real shame of David Nalbandian good-bye

Post by paulcz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:36 pm

Quite sad news as David Nalbandian left pro-tennis due to his  failing to overcome a troublesomeshoulder injury.

Nalby was a player, who I really loved watching and admired his amazing crafty game with exceptional avid spirit.
He was a kind of a rare player, whose ball striking fired as a sheer explosion. Great talent, who could do much more if he had invested more work into tennis.

Great his records as he reached a career high of No.3 in the world in March 2006, won 11 singles titles,reached final of Wimbledon in 2002 and was leading Argentina to 3 finals in Davis Cup.

Great player and great guy as a sheer contrast to boring PR players, who look like plastic people beside him. Hopefully he will stay at tennis. Applause

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Real shame of David Nalbandian good-bye  Empty Re: Real shame of David Nalbandian good-bye

Post by Tenez Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:58 pm

Certainly....l took me a while to warm up to him but in 2005 I really understood his talent. Same with Coria actually.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Real shame of David Nalbandian good-bye  Empty Re: Real shame of David Nalbandian good-bye

Post by laverfan Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:10 am

This was impressive - http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=F324&oId=N301

… but not as impressive as this…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6zP-ATYCn4

Federer was coming back from an injury and had the trainer out (one of the few occasions that I can recall such an event).

Another impressive set of tourneys was Paris-Madrid 2007 …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO5VJ4tO0sg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJN2NKfY8eU

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:55 am

he looks tiny compared to Nadal in that handshake.

Fed was bloody unlucky in that FO 2007 cause the way Nalby was playing that year he would have probably beaten Nadal had they been in the same draw. Nadal number avoided to play Nalby number 3 for a good 3 years and their first encounter showed exactly what I was expecting.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by wilson_nxt Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:39 am

Nalby >>>> Coria.

Wasted talent...but then talent often is and the world is full of talented underachievers.

I don't hold a candle for these guys, they made their bed.

I'd far rather watch those who maximise their ability, than those who dine off it.

wilson_nxt

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:08 pm

Yes but it's not that simple. Those who usually maximise their ability have an easy job cause their ability is usually limited.

We, spectators and critics, have our role to play. And that is to set the scene to help talented people express their talent.

Mozart achieved very little financially cause his public could not appreciate his talent. Call him an underachiever!

Now in tennis crowds love long and lung busting rallies, big muscle and charismatic dark hair boy(s), forcing director tournaments to slow things down, leaving little if any room for talent to express....or at least "achieve".

Talent is something subtle and fragile, you can't leave it in the hands of marketing and money.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:27 pm

Does Sultan of Brunei have more talent making money or is it Warren Buffet or Bill Gates or Steve Jobs? Laugh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_dropout_billionaires

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum