Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Who Is Going To Stop Rafael Nadal This Year? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Who Is Going To Stop Rafael Nadal This Year? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Who Is Going To Stop Rafael Nadal This Year? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Who Is Going To Stop Rafael Nadal This Year? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Who Is Going To Stop Rafael Nadal This Year? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Who Is Going To Stop Rafael Nadal This Year? EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Who Is Going To Stop Rafael Nadal This Year? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Who Is Going To Stop Rafael Nadal This Year? EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Who Is Going To Stop Rafael Nadal This Year? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Who Is Going To Stop Rafael Nadal This Year?

4 posters

Go down

Who Is Going To Stop Rafael Nadal This Year? Empty Who Is Going To Stop Rafael Nadal This Year?

Post by noleisthebest Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:19 am

...now that only Wimbledon seem to be making an effort in drugs testing and actually doing something with those positive results.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Who Is Going To Stop Rafael Nadal This Year? Empty Re: Who Is Going To Stop Rafael Nadal This Year?

Post by N2D2L Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:26 am

Wimbledon aren't in charge of doping tests, it's the ITF.
And Wimbledon don't do anything with any results, they are not involved in that aspect (ie tests or punishments) at all.

Do some research next time you write a nonsensical article.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Who Is Going To Stop Rafael Nadal This Year? Empty Re: Who Is Going To Stop Rafael Nadal This Year?

Post by luvsports! Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:29 am

15 - 0

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:05 am

luvsports! wrote:15 - 0
Mr Nadal has no challenge(r)s remaining!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:05 am

Julia Santamaria wrote:Wimbledon aren't in charge of doping tests, it's the ITF.
And Wimbledon don't do anything with any results, they are not involved in that aspect (ie tests or punishments) at all.

Do some research next time you write a nonsensical article.
I don't find this debate very interesting but amri you are actually wrong, or your answer is certainly incomplete. Nations and tournaments organisers have also a say in how doping is done on their respective territory.

For instance in 2009 the FO organisers allowed the French antidoping organisation to run blood tests randomly on players....unlike the ITF. The ITF and I guess players complained and put pressure on the FO to prevent this happening the following years. But if they decided to stick to it they could....it might just cost them the withdrawals of players, sponsors etc...

If you look at the Olympics for instance, it;s nor far stretch to think that the strong anti-doping campaign done by the UK prior to games was to scare athletes and prevent them from doping while a more lax approach could be applied to British athletes. It costs $$billions to organise a game and the host countries are not going to look bad with poor athletes just for righteous reasons while they know most of their opponents are doping.

I can also easily imagine UK anti doping organisation trying to test Djoko (or even just threatening) before the wimbledon final while Muray might have the assurance that they won;t wake him up in his sleep for a test.

I am pretty sure they are a lot of things happening behind the scene,....too much money at stake nowadays.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:27 am

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/about_aeltc/201205091336572257853.html

Some excerpts from the Article:

The Tennis Anti-Doping Programme (TADP) is operated by the International Tennis Federation (ITF). As a signatory to the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Code, the TADP has adopted WADA’s list of prohibited substances and methods. The ITF TADP is fully compliant with the WADA Code.

All anti-doping testing is carried out independently of the tournament organisers.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:44 am

It doesn't prevent a country to run its own antidoping agenda, the custom and police to be pro-active etc.....while for instance other countries like Spain, Julia, might just do anything to protect its athletes. 

The ITF has been clearly lying in the past about its intention to catch dopers so what they write or say is completely irrelevant. They have not given explanation on why doping was made more relax since the Rafa years.

The ITF runs a business....a show to be precise.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:27 pm

This is not about a country, or a government; the simple facts are Wimbledon do not control the drug regulations- it's the ITF.
Simple really.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:40 pm

Julia Santamaria wrote:This is not about a country, or a government; the simple facts are Wimbledon do not control the drug regulations- it's the ITF.
Simple really.
Spain seemed to be in perfect control allowing doping until 2006....you, Julia, of all people should know that.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:56 pm

Tenez wrote:

If you look at the Olympics for instance, it;s nor far stretch to think that the strong anti-doping campaign done by the UK prior to games was to scare athletes and prevent them from doping while a more lax approach could be applied to British athletes. It costs $$billions to organise a game and the host countries are not going to look bad with poor athletes just for righteous reasons while they know most of their opponents are doping.
I am pretty sure they are a lot of things happening behind the scene,....too much money at stake nowadays.
Spain must have done really well medals-wise in Barcelona 1992...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:06 pm

Back the original question (the rest was mere rhetorical counter-balance, thrown in to test the waters Winking)

Who can stop this 5th gear super-fit Nadal?
I reckon in USO only Nole can stand up to him in the best of 5 provided he cuts his hair  cut short, i.e. gets his champions haircut (well, that's how I call it) like he always does when he means business and I haven't seen him with it since Australia!!!
And, yes I am dead serious  Run

Draw coming out tomorrow, so that should give us a few more ideas.....and for some reason I am pretty sure Ferrer will be in Nole's half.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:40 pm

Yep, the hair cut is crucial Winking lol

Depends on how Nadal's fitness (ie knees and fatigue are). If that's fine, then it'll take a great performance to stop him- ie either a big hitting underdog or a very composed display from Djokovic or Murray.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum