Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Winds of change at Flushing meadows. EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Winds of change at Flushing meadows. EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Winds of change at Flushing meadows. EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Winds of change at Flushing meadows. EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Winds of change at Flushing meadows. EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Winds of change at Flushing meadows. EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Winds of change at Flushing meadows. EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Winds of change at Flushing meadows. EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Winds of change at Flushing meadows. EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Winds of change at Flushing meadows.

5 posters

Go down

Winds of change at Flushing meadows. Empty Winds of change at Flushing meadows.

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:39 am

Its almost looked impossible given the revenue from TV viewing, and the business oriented Heads of the USTA. But winds of change have finally arrived at Flushing meadows. In 2 years there is not going to be any Super-Saturday. 2015 US Open Men's semi-finals will be done on Friday and Finals on Sunday. Going by the news, Fed's talks and negotiations with USTA has a major something to do with all this.
USTA has also decided to increase the prize money in both men's and women's matches to $50m by 2017. I'm not sure how would the distribution go and what would happen for this year, but I assume the earlier rounds should see some significant increase in prize money ( a bit like what AO did this year).
Good work Fed.
Full news and report : http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/20/sport/tennis/tennis-us-open-federer/?hpt=isp_bn2

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Winds of change at Flushing meadows. Empty Re: Winds of change at Flushing meadows.

Post by Veejay Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:59 am

I think Fed's efforts to try to secure a better future for all the players,especially the lower ranked players could end up being his greatest legacy cause that impacts every player
Glad to hear that about the U.S open,I read somewhere that they were considering to schedule to mens final permanently for the Monday,I thought a move like that could hurt ratings

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Winds of change at Flushing meadows. Empty Re: Winds of change at Flushing meadows.

Post by Tenez Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:06 pm

Good news...but promising higher revenue in 2017 (4 years from now) is not really committing to much.

Also when are they going to supress the super sat? 2015 0r 2016?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:22 pm

Yes it's all good news, just hope not too late....It reminds me of all these beautiful flat screen TVs everywhere now, technology has never been better, but there is virtually nothing to see on TV.

So, in 20 years, there will be a perfect calendar, perfect scheduling, more prize money than ever, but the game will resemble badminton more than tennis.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:45 am

The main thing, are they planning to buy any raincovers, and not waist an extra hour on hand drying courts every time it rains...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:02 pm

Tenez wrote:Good news...but promising higher revenue in 2017 (4 years from now) is not really committing to much.
Yes, 4 years is a long time and unless it happens a promise is nothing more than words. Lets see.

Tenez wrote:
Also when are they going to supress the super sat? 2015 0r 2016?
It says 2015. So 2 more USopen with super saturdays.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:04 pm

noleisthebest wrote:The main thing, are they planning to buy any raincovers, and not waist an extra hour on hand drying courts every time it rains...
The AA stadium is so huge, I don't think it can have a retractable roof build on top of it. The Stadium wasn't designed keep rain in mind. So USTA will keep using cutting edge high tech methods like hand towels.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:31 pm

I love rain interruptions anyway. It makes finals more exciting and it's fairer for the rest of the field. A roof can be as advantageous as doping if we think about it.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:52 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:It says 2015. So 2 more USopen with super saturdays.
But those will be with Monday finals, right? If so, it is not so bad. A bit silly to finish on Monday but not all that horrible, really.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:04 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:The main thing, are they planning to buy any raincovers, and not waist an extra hour on hand drying courts every time it rains...
The AA stadium is so huge, I don't think it can have a retractable roof build on top of it. The Stadium wasn't designed keep rain in mind. So USTA will keep using cutting edge high tech methods like hand towels.

I didn't say roof, just rain covers, you know (tarpaulin) the same stuff they use in Wimbledon and RG. They cut out the drying time significantly and it makes a big difference to matches, when they are already delayed whether they are going to have an extra hour of a bunch of guys running around the court with hair-driers and towels....utterly ridiculous for any tournament, let alone for a slam with so much tradition!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:24 am

summerblues wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:It says 2015. So 2 more USopen with super saturdays.
But those will be with Monday finals, right? If so, it is not so bad. A bit silly to finish on Monday but not all that horrible, really.

No No. This means that both men's semis will be done on Friday and finals on Sunday. We still can have a Monday final given the rains and everything, but having one of the semis played on Sat will be removed.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down